Days Gone will get a 6/10

  • 95 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DragonfireXZ95
#51 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25255 posts) -

I'm guessing it'll get an 8; but, personally, I'd likely only give it a 7 max.

Repetitive open world games typically get higher scores than I'd give them.

Avatar image for Shmiity
#52 Posted by Shmiity (6271 posts) -

I feel like this game could be one of those "Not the best but i'll give it a spin down the road" sort of titles. Curious how it will turn out

Avatar image for jippo
#53 Posted by Jippo (106 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@mosquitobaby said:

If the game scores higher than a 6/10, will you close your account?

I, too, also wonder this.

If Gears 5 has a higher MC score than Days Flop will you close your account?

don't we wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#54 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4638 posts) -
@jippo said:
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@mosquitobaby said:

If the game scores higher than a 6/10, will you close your account?

I, too, also wonder this.

If Gears 5 has a higher MC score than Days Flop will you close your account?

don't we wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How long are you gonna stalk me on this alt account? It's creepy.

Avatar image for xhawk27
#55 Edited by xhawk27 (11290 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@mosquitobaby said:

If the game scores higher than a 6/10, will you close your account?

I, too, also wonder this.

If Gears 5 has a higher MC score than Days Flop will you close your account?

Triggered for no reason. LOL! Gears 5 is actually going to score well. Your dumb ass was defending shit like Crackdown 3 and now you want revenge on a Sony game because Phil gave you garbage. Sit down.

No you are the one that is triggered. About Crackdown 3 I was only defending it against the unjustified low scores it got. I know it wasn't the best game but it was a complete fun game that should have gotten at least 70 on MC. If Days Gone doesn't get at least an 80 on MC, I bet you are going to defend it right? LOL

Avatar image for speeny
#56 Posted by Speeny (1651 posts) -

We'll see. It looks alright. I'll just play it for the sake of it. Lol

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#57 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4638 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Triggered for no reason. LOL! Gears 5 is actually going to score well. Your dumb ass was defending shit like Crackdown 3 and now you want revenge on a Sony game because Phil gave you garbage. Sit down.

No you are the one that is triggered. About Crackdown 3 I was only defending it against the unjustified low scores it got. I know it wasn't the best game but it was a complete fun game that should have gotten at least 70 on MC. If Days Gone doesn't get at least an 80 on MC, I bet you are going to defend it right? LOL

"Unjustified low scores" WAHAHAHAHA! Did you even play the game? I know I did. 60 was generous. And no, if Days Gone gets below an 80, so be it. I don't feel the need to justify Sony games if they're average, and I sure as hell wouldn't go to bat for an awful one (below 65). You can't justify everything to everyone. If you enjoy a game, fine. But, if you know that game could have been better, then there's no need to double down on it. Crackdown 3 was not worth fighting for. Only corporate slaves defend D- products.

Avatar image for xhawk27
#58 Posted by xhawk27 (11290 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@xhawk27 said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Triggered for no reason. LOL! Gears 5 is actually going to score well. Your dumb ass was defending shit like Crackdown 3 and now you want revenge on a Sony game because Phil gave you garbage. Sit down.

No you are the one that is triggered. About Crackdown 3 I was only defending it against the unjustified low scores it got. I know it wasn't the best game but it was a complete fun game that should have gotten at least 70 on MC. If Days Gone doesn't get at least an 80 on MC, I bet you are going to defend it right? LOL

"Unjustified low scores" WAHAHAHAHA! Did you even play the game? I know I did. 60 was generous. And no, if Days Gone gets below an 80, so be it. I don't feel the need to justify Sony games if they're average, and I sure as hell wouldn't go to bat for an awful one (below 65). You can't justify everything to everyone. If you enjoy a game, fine. But, if you know that game could have been better, then there's no need to double down on it. Crackdown 3 was not worth fighting for. Only corporate slaves defend D- products.

Yeah I did play the SP campaign and as a crackdown 1 fan I thought it was a fun game. I not saying there weren't improvements that MS should have done but it should have been reviewed on what it is and not what it should have been. There lots of Sony corporate slaves who defend Knack, Driveclub, Order 1888, etc.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
#59 Posted by SecretPolice (35275 posts) -

Oops, seems TC thinks Days Gone is a Win10 exclusive. lol

Since it is not, 8 or 9 on lock. :P

Avatar image for cainetao11
#60 Posted by cainetao11 (36557 posts) -

I think it looks pretty good. 8 is my gamespot guess

Avatar image for whatafailure
#61 Edited by WhatAFailure (368 posts) -

The review embargo is lifting VERY late on this one. One day before release. That doesn't sound good to me. That's what happens to movie flops all the time, when the studio is trying to suppress as much of the bad news as possible.

Someone on Resetera said other high-scoring games had late embargoes, but I don't think it was ONE day before release. Spider-Man PS4 was three days before release.

They’ve had a couple later ones that turned out well. Until Dawn, Spider-Man, Bloodborne, and Astro Bot we’re all closer to release date IIRC

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#62 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1237 posts) -

0/10.

It’ll get canceled.

Avatar image for pdogg93
#63 Posted by pdogg93 (1573 posts) -

@xhawk27: gears 5 will get an 8 at best. The series hasn’t evolved since the first game and gears 4 was trash.

Once again, nobody feels bad for you that you chose the loser system. It is however really funny to watch you meltdown and rush to MS’ defence at every opportunity LOL. Get owned son

Avatar image for xhawk27
#64 Edited by xhawk27 (11290 posts) -

@pdogg93 said:

@xhawk27: gears 5 will get an 8 at best. The series hasn’t evolved since the first game and gears 4 was trash.

Once again, nobody feels bad for you that you chose the loser system. It is however really funny to watch you meltdown and rush to MS’ defence at every opportunity LOL. Get owned son

You are going to be Pwnt so bad when Gears 5 is no less than high 80's on MC and GOTY nominee. Days Gone is trash and will be less than 80 MC.

Avatar image for pdogg93
#65 Edited by pdogg93 (1573 posts) -

@xhawk27: days gone will score same as gears 5 here and it’s sony’s side project lol. Keep owning yourself plz

Edit: and there’s no reason why I’d get owned, I’ll still play gears of bore 5 on my laptop (which can access all of your shitty exclusives btw lol)

Avatar image for IMAHAPYHIPPO
#66 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (3396 posts) -

@misrespect: Alright Big Deal. Everybody's super impressed. Proud of you.

Avatar image for tigerbalm
#67 Posted by Tigerbalm (1085 posts) -

I give this thread a 2/10.

Avatar image for rzxv04
#68 Posted by rzxv04 (686 posts) -

Mid-high 70s.

Avatar image for drlostrib
#69 Posted by DrLostRib (4894 posts) -

who are you?

Avatar image for sleepnsurf
#70 Posted by sleepnsurf (3185 posts) -

Re-skin of uncharted, horizon, bloodborne, Spiderman I mean basically any ps exclusive. Build things, fetch quests, long cutscenes. I mean this gen is so dang stale. Everything last gen was innovative. Not so much anymore. That's why they are redoing games.

Avatar image for sleepnsurf
#71 Posted by sleepnsurf (3185 posts) -

@pdogg93: you gotta be there biggest dbag on these forums. Picked the loser system? Grow up little girl.

Avatar image for raining51
#72 Posted by Raining51 (1046 posts) -

No 7...

Avatar image for xantufrog
#73 Posted by xantufrog (11378 posts) -

@sleepnsurf: "Everything last gen was innovative"

Oh brother. Last gen was a dumpster fire of games relying on the introduction of the HD standard

Avatar image for davillain-
#74 Posted by DaVillain- (36558 posts) -

@whatafailure said:

The review embargo is lifting VERY late on this one.One day before release.That doesn't sound good to me. That's what happens to movie flops all the time, when the studio is trying to suppress as much of the bad news as possible.

Someone on Resetera said other high-scoring games had late embargoes, but I don't think it was ONE day before release. Spider-Man PS4 was three days before release.

They’ve had a couple later ones that turned out well. Until Dawn, Spider-Man, Bloodborne, and Astro Bot we’re all closer to release date IIRC

That sounds very worrisome. I knew better keeping my expectations lower despite the latest trailers impress me enough to warrant a purchase. And I was hoping we'll see reviews earlier then nearing the release day. And it doesn't help the fact this game releases on the same day as Avengers: Endgame doesn't do justice for me in the slightest. I'm just gonna have to wait and see how this all plays out before I buy.

Avatar image for Livecommander
#75 Posted by Livecommander (1052 posts) -

@sleepnsurf: every game... art , entertainment project period can be sumed up that quickly and inaccurately

Avatar image for Dragerdeifrit
#76 Posted by Dragerdeifrit (619 posts) -

yeah... i predict a 6 or a 7, the internet seems awfully quiet about it regadless of it being an AAA exclusive, somethign smells fishy, plus the very few previews floating around say the combat is very clunky/weightless. Something tells me this will be a Dead Rising game with the map and mission structure of a far cry game, seems way too generic.

Avatar image for speedytimsi
#77 Edited by speedytimsi (957 posts) -

Ok...i watched some gameplay earlier today. I'll lower that from an 8 to 7. The reason so far is the bike....there's drift but no wheelies. If ya crash onto a tree it just stops. That doesn't bode too well to me.

Oh yeah looks like ya gonna have to look for gas....like a lot.

Avatar image for Epak_
#78 Posted by Epak_ (10662 posts) -

Hyping 8/10. Looks good.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#79 Posted by lamprey263 (36115 posts) -

I don't see why it would do so bad, not unless it was functionally broken, had horrible writing, or just plain boring.

Avatar image for avenger85
#80 Posted by avenger85 (225 posts) -

Honestly my biggest turn off of this game is the open world aspect and the upgrade system... hoping I’m wrong but I’m so sick of worlds with filler content.

Or upgrade/crafting systems where you have to grind materials

Avatar image for PraetorianMan
#81 Posted by PraetorianMan (1960 posts) -

I'm feeling 7 tops.

I self identify as a Cow as it is, but the way Sony is handling the marketing makes it seem like they aren't exactly full of confidence in this one like they were with God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn.

Avatar image for misrespect
#82 Posted by misrespect (84 posts) -

wow fellas hate to say I told you so but uhhh

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#83 Posted by freedomfreak (51192 posts) -
@misrespect said:

wow fellas hate to say I told you so but uhhh

But it got a 5.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#84 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3234 posts) -

The reviewer really seems to hate the main character. Getting a bit of a progressive backlash vibe from the review.

Avatar image for misrespect
#85 Posted by misrespect (84 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:
@misrespect said:

wow fellas hate to say I told you so but uhhh

But it got a 5.

True but I was off by a point. You gotta gimmie some credit considering how almost everyone expected the game to get an 8

Avatar image for sealionact
#86 Posted by sealionact (3904 posts) -

@knight-k: Whoopsy.....

Avatar image for Heil68
#87 Posted by Heil68 (58239 posts) -

Just as good as Halo MCC? Sign me up!

Avatar image for mazuiface
#88 Posted by mazuiface (897 posts) -

Ooohh you were wrong! It got a 5/10, how about that?

I saw this coming. This game, from its early gameplay vids, looked like a stripped down MGSV knockoff with zombies. Love the title of the GS review "yikes on bikes."

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#89 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18878 posts) -

Ouch. Can't say I'm surprised.

Avatar image for Ant_17
#90 Posted by Ant_17 (12458 posts) -

@misrespect: you said 6,it got a 5.request a ban for being wrong.

Avatar image for raining51
#91 Posted by Raining51 (1046 posts) -

I doubt it personally for a variety of reasons...

For one it's really polished and those games rarely get less than 7...

Secondly it already has a fanbase that will buy it no matter what....

Third I honestly just have seen way worse... everyone who has played games for awhile has. ,..

Avatar image for speedytimsi
#92 Posted by speedytimsi (957 posts) -
@misrespect said:
@freedomfreak said:
@misrespect said:

wow fellas hate to say I told you so but uhhh

But it got a 5.

True but I was off by a point. You gotta gimmie some credit considering how almost everyone expected the game to get an 8

me too. I said 7. Do i get a price?

Avatar image for Litchie
#93 Posted by Litchie (23891 posts) -
@raining51 said:

I doubt it personally for a variety of reasons...

For one it's really polished and those games rarely get less than 7...

Secondly it already has a fanbase that will buy it no matter what....

Third I honestly just have seen way worse... everyone who has played games for awhile has. ,..

LOL, it already got a 5/10 dude. Game is wack.

Avatar image for cdragon_88
#94 Posted by cdragon_88 (1620 posts) -

This post aged well XD. Thank god I only buy games at $25--$30. I'll pick it up eventually.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#95 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (29008 posts) -

The Happy console gamer has a good review up for this game. Makes it sound way better than a 5.

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#96 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1237 posts) -

I figured it would a 6 or 7 game. Metacritic has it at 7.5 user.

I don’t think that’s bad at all. It’s Bend Studio’s first big game in at least a while.

I’m sure they will learn from the mistakes made from this game and apply it to the next endeavor.

Either way I’ve passed the first mission and I thought it was solid and I enjoyed what I played and the voice acting and presentation overall is great.

So I’m happy. 8/10 for me.