Dark Souls - new art and alternative boxarts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

360/PS3 boxarts I made using it

This should totally be the boxart :(

Mr_Caboose007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mr_Caboose007
Member since 2011 • 175 Posts

Wow that Looks awesome. :o

That seriously does look better than the original. Nice. :)

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#3 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

Indeed, it very much should be.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

What are the others boxarts?

Mr_Caboose007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mr_Caboose007
Member since 2011 • 175 Posts

93BlackHawk93

Here you go :)

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

[QUOTE="93BlackHawk93"]

Mr_Caboose007

Indeed, they suck.

johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts

[QUOTE="93BlackHawk93"]

Mr_Caboose007

2nd one doesnt look too bad, but i like the one tc made better, although it could have the ugliest boxart ever and it still would be a day one buy for me

Alpha-Male22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Alpha-Male22
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_Caboose007"]

[QUOTE="93BlackHawk93"]

johnlennon28

2nd one doesnt look too bad, but i like the one tc made better, although it could have the ugliest boxart ever and it still would be a day one buy for me

Second one is Japanese, I really hate the boxart for this game. The one failure this game will have is the crappy boxart I salute the TC!

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

[QUOTE="johnlennon28"]

[QUOTE="Mr_Caboose007"]

Alpha-Male22

Second one is Japanese, I really hate the boxart for this game. The one failure this game will have is the crappy boxart I salute the TC!

I'm sure they have plenty of awesome art to choose from and yet they pick the worst ones. Whoever made the decision probably didn't care much about what to put on the cover.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I just got the 1st one. Just lost all my experience points sigh. I'm not quite sure how to retain them or when they actually do anything. Or how I gain levels.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

I just got the 1st one. Just lost all my experience points sigh. I'm not quite sure how to retain them or when they actually do anything. Or how I gain levels.

hakanakumono
You talk to the girl out in the nexus, forgot her name. The blind girl.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

DragonfireXZ95

I'm at the very beginning of the game so she apparently hasn't shown up yet. :P I got killed by some variant of stronger creatures towards the end of the tutorial, but with red instead of blue glowing eyes.

I guess I'm supposed to just go back to where I was to reclaim my lost souls? I hope returning to the Nexus doesn't get rid of your bloodstain ...

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="93BlackHawk93"]

Mr_Caboose007

The bottom one is great. I have a dynamic theme with that same guy on it as well. I think it was user made and available on one of those ps3 them websites.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pug-Nasty

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

hakanakumono

I'm at the very beginning of the game so she apparently hasn't shown up yet. :P I got killed by some variant of stronger creatures towards the end of the tutorial, but with red instead of blue glowing eyes.

I guess I'm supposed to just go back to where I was to reclaim my lost souls? I hope returning to the Nexus doesn't get rid of your bloodstain ...

I played through the beginning just recently, like yesterday, and I'm pretty sure that after the tutorial you go to the Nexus, but you have to beat the first boss to be able to level up, use the stones, and unlock the other worlds.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] You talk to the girl out in the nexus, forgot her name. The blind girl.Pug-Nasty

I played through the beginning just recently, like yesterday, and I'm pretty sure that after the tutorial you go to the Nexus, but you have to beat the first boss to be able to level up, use the stones, and unlock the other worlds.

Oh, okay. To clarify, I'm past the tutorial and had reached some sort of high up area in the castle. But I took on an enemy too strong for me and quickly died. I'll try going another way next time, but there were 3 different areas, one being connected to "the fog" so I'm guessing that's where I'm supposed to go to face the boss.

I quickly died at whatever was in the tutorial level, so hopefully I wont have that problem this time. I can see the camera becoming a problem in this game.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pug-Nasty

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

hakanakumono

Oh, okay. To clarify, I'm past the tutorial and had reached some sort of high up area in the castle. But I took on an enemy too strong for me and quickly died. I'll try going another way next time, but there were 3 different areas, one being connected to "the fog" so I'm guessing that's where I'm supposed to go to face the boss.

I quickly died at whatever was in the tutorial level, so hopefully I wont have that problem this time. I can see the camera becoming a problem in this game.

Well, the game is supposed to be challenging, but you should still be OK with most enemies in the first level as long as you paid attention to the tutorial and learned the basics of the combat. That's key. The first enemy that I would consider very challenging is the Blue Eyed Knight, of which there are five (that I can remember) in the first world, at least until you can unlock the last area. The other Knight is the Red Eyed Knight, and I can only think of one instance of him in the first world. He is very, very tough and should not be taken on early, if only because you may have a hard time getting back to your blood stain to regain your souls.

Oh yeah. You die and your souls are held in your blood stain, which is usually where you were 30 seconds or so before you died. If you die again before you reach that stain, you lose those souls forever. There's no way to save your souls outside of using them. You don't lose anything else when you die, so items you purchase with souls, and souls trapped in consumables you find, are yours to keep.

Don't consume demons' souls. They give you a lot of souls, but they are more useful to purchase unique spells or forge special, powerful weapons.

Other than that, keep your shield up when venturing into new areas. The enemies are always in the same places when you enter the world again. New, and more dangerous enemeies, will show up in full white or full black world tendencies. These tendencies are affected by your actions in the world, but they are also affected by the servers, and what Atlus is doing on their end. Sometimes they have full white or full black events, whcih allow you to access areas and find items you may have not been able to before.

Oh, depending on how you like your RPG's, you may want to visit the Wiki and read up on character builds. My first build I just winged it, and I made a character that was decent all around. I was able to beat the game, but new game + kicks my ass to death, literally. Specialization isn't forced in this game, but it is definitely helpful. Your stats affect weapons differently, and different weapon types as well.

Have fun.

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
ive never really cared whats on the box but i suppose its important for grabbing attention on the shelf.. not everyone knows the depths of games befo0re they buy..
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hakanakumono

Thanks for the advice.

I died at the red eyed knight, but the blue eyed knights were no problem for me. :P Fortunately, I died far enough back that I may be able to gather my souls back and then make a run for it.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pug-Nasty

Thanks for the advice.

I died at the red eyed knight, but the blue eyed knights were no problem for me. :P Fortunately, I died far enough back that I may be able to gather my souls back and then make a run for it.

hakanakumono

Yeah, you don't need to fight the Red Eye Knight, well, ever, but certainly not this quick. The only thing he is guarding is an enemy that makes him look like a cute little bunny anyway and you need to obtain a key to get to him.

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
I like all of them or...don't really care, I want the GAME now!!!