Damn, they should make a new Carmageddon game (or Quarantine)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I've been talking to my friend that I missed the moment when Fear Factory set the world afire with their "Demanufacture" album, but I also mentioned that I've heard it in Carmageddon in an instrumental form (however unaware of the band's existence), and damn, this triggered nostalgia towards Carmageddon. I've had so much fun with that game, I wish they'd make a new one, make it epic-scale, make it with zombies, and make them Left 4 Dead-like with Dead Rising-ian numbers of them, it'd be cool if they force you to occasionally get out of the car and collect some items for your car or just re-fuel it, or do some quests, it would be awesome if the game was kind of sandbox-like, just like the originals. Alternatively, someone could have capitalized on the idea of Quarantine, an FPP vehicular combat game from 1994 where player controlled a taxi cab and picked up customers, killing crazed enemies in the way.

What do you think?

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts

I've been talking to my friend that I missed the moment when Fear Factory set the world afire with their "Demanufacture" album, but I also mentioned that I've heard it in Carmageddon in an instrumental form (however unaware of the band's existence), and damn, this triggered nostalgia towards Carmageddon. I've had so much fun with that game, I wish they'd make a new one, make it epic-scale, make it with zombies, and make them Left 4 Dead-like with Dead Rising-ian numbers of them, it'd be cool if they force you to occasionally get out of the car and collect some items for your car or just re-fuel it, or do some quests, it would be awesome if the game was kind of sandbox-like, just like the originals. Alternatively, someone could have capitalized on the idea of Quarantine, an FPP vehicular combat game from 1994 where player controlled a taxi cab and picked up customers, killing crazed enemies in the way.

What do you think?

Salt_The_Fries
I played the crap out of Carmageddon 2 back in the day. It would basically be a vehicle version of Dead Rising if it came out now, which could be a lot of fun. Multiplayer would be pretty easy, since it plays like Twisted Metal. I'd be down for it.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
I miss Carmageddon 2 and the Iron Maiden soundtrack
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
One of my favourite titles ever, Carmaggedon 2: Carpocalypse Now! Haha yeah a new one would be sweet, especially what with online multiplayer.
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hellhund
[QUOTE="locopatho"]One of my favourite titles ever, Carmaggedon 2: Carpocalypse Now! Haha yeah a new one would be sweet, especially what with online multiplayer.

A remake of C2 for XBLA would be awesome. I bet it could be done for a reasonable budget too.
yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 yellonet
Member since 2004 • 7768 Posts

Yes, Carmageddon 4 is long due.

My favorite is the first game. The cops were cool :D

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

I'd be all for it, to the point that I'm interested in this apparently crappy game.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Hell yeah!

Played the crap out of carmageddon, imagine how awesome would it be with the burnout engine. I always laughed when i fixed the car, looked like i was filling a ballon. Oh, yes the carnage in hd graphics would be awesome. Imagine running with a car inside a football stadium and killing everyone player in the field, that's howfun carmageddon was!

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I'm all for a new Carmageddon on all consoles (Yes I consider PC a console too) and make it cross platform online. I loved Carmageddon and Carpacolypse Now. My favorite vehicle was the Yellow Monster Truck with the Drill in the front. I liked how you had the option to either race or totally annihalate everyone else in order to win. That game would be great online. It'd make for some great chases, races andstunts.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

I couldn't agree more! Carmageddon 2 was the best vehicular combat game I've ever played. You could win a stage by racing through checkpoints, killing all pedestrains and my favorite, destroying all the other racers! Ah the memories... :D

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I loved Carmageddon 1 and 2! Good times...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonsieurX
Sad Interplay is no more :(
badassriddick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 badassriddick
Member since 2004 • 183 Posts

Yeah lets get a petition going for a new one. Fkn amazin game....used to play it over LAN back in the day...good times

:D

NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts

Carmageddon 2 was the **** I need to find a copy NOW!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonsieurX

NoobisMaxcimus
Still have my box :D
hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hellhund
[QUOTE="NoobisMaxcimus"]

MonsieurX
Still have my box :D

I still have the files. Wonder if they still work.
Lu-Kang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lu-Kang
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts

that actually doesnt sound all that bad.

little off topic but like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8pEHgyg294

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

Oh, How I adored Carmageddon's multiplayer Fox and Hounds or car crusher . It was just so unfair starting with the garbage truck or the six wheel police tank . Oh, and the electric zap car with "sticky pedestrians" in the stadium ... the big sandbox levels were incredible and there was always a new spot to discover . Nothing was more funny than a well timed pinball mode or making an opponent fly with the solid granite car / instant handbrake upgrade .Veterans know what I talk about .