Daedalic, Microids, Amanita Design, King Art + Greatness of creative indie games continue!

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts

Daedalic Entertainment released first details on Pillars of the Earth adventure game. Almost one year...

Coming in 2017: a game written and directed by the creators of 'The Night of the Rabbit' and 'Memoria': Daedalic's adaptation of the best-selling novel.

A really good teaser. Seems to be the darkest Deadalic game so far. Well many Deadalic games had a dark side behind the humor but this looks really grim and serious. I also absolutely love the art style.

I wonder if they'll use the intro music from the TV adaptation in this. It's one of my favorite TV intros

#ShadowTactics countdown!
#ShadowTactics countdown!

Yesterday Origins, an adventure game from Runaway devs. While still working on Syberia 3, the team at Microids have been co-producing another adventure game together with Pendulo Studios. It's a sequel to a point-and-click thriller from 2012 called Yesterday.

Teaser No.02: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z34oPq1WlA8

13 minutes of gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYhr3JOI0PY

Amanita Design (Machinarium, Samorost) teases a new game called Chuchel. Amanita Design, Czech-based game studio consists of several small semi-independent teams, and the team responsible for Chuchel is lead by the same guy who did Botanicula.

Iron Harvest is a new diesel punk RTS based on alternate history WWI of polish artist Jakub Rozalski. The title is in development by German studio KING Art, known best for their adventure game series, The Book of Unwritten Tales and The Raven. There is currently little info on gameplay other than that it’s inspired by Men of War, Dawn of War, and Company of Heroes.

• Jakub Rozalski's profile at Art Station.

He did the artwork for the board game Scythe nice to see this world branching into other mediums.

These beautiful animated scenes are made by Little Wolf Studio (website here). It's concept art from the first level of their game, which is unannounced and doesn't really have too much info to go on yet.

Yonder
Yonder

“A two-dimensional cooperative adventure game with emphasis on traversal, discovery and companionship. Explore, solve puzzles and unravel a mystery together. Whether you decide to play Yonder by yourself or cooperatively, the adventure will revolve around interactions between the characters of the game and their surroundings.”

Currently being developed by two brothers for PC, Mac, and consoles, with a release date in 2018.

Animation from Past Cure, a 3rd person action-stealth thriller.

Rain World
Rain World

Character artwork from Beautiful Desolation - coming to KS January 24.

Transmission - Isometric sci-fi action on a mysterious alien world (a screenshot of the new visual style)

Candle Man, an unique 3D platformer game. As an action adventure game…the game uses the mechanics of light and shadow combined with an immersive story. The player takes on the role of a lowly candle with the ability to burn for a meagre 10 seconds.

Lost Words - a 2D platformer set inside a diary, where you solve puzzles using words.

Really like the concept of this game - reading through a diary and rearranging words to uncover the story and complete puzzles. Lost Words concept was born on Ludum Dare 26. The game focuses on a strong narrative written by Rhianna Pratchett (Tomb Raider reboot). Animated by Rahel Brunold (Ori and the Blind Forest) and designed by Mark Backler (Fable 2).

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kozio
Loading Video...

Looks much better than expected. Been quite a long time since we had a proper strategy game even similar to the Commandos series.

Edit: According to the devs, the demo is out now on the storepage. A demo before releasing the game from a genre that is almost dead? We need more devs like this one. Commandos in feudal Japan, while modern gaming is not appealing to me, this is.

That first pan across the map brought back a wave of nostalgia. I like that the move speed is so fast, and that they've taken in the time to include those extraneous world events like the shelling and shogun assault. Also love the shuriken retrieval. The Commandos series was at its best when it gave you those incredible abilities but relied on your own stealth and positioning.

Their character concepts look awesome. I was wondering if they'd have an equivalent to the Spy because visible infiltration was such a cool element, and it looks like it's a geisha. That's such a cool idea, they really drew a lot from the subject matter. Commandos had such iconic characters, it looks like they did the same.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Good stuff

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

Gotta love Amanita Design. The Samorost games are so fucking awesome.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Whens the Rising Lands remake ._.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kozio
@Litchie said:

I always thought that the original Samorost games were more popular than Machinarium. Guess it's just cuz they were only browser games thus don't get the recognition they deserve.

I absolutely love this developer's work. That art makes me happy.

No Caption Provided

These guys have such a great imagination.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

@kozio said:
@Litchie said:

I always thought that the original Samorost games were more popular than Machinarium. Guess it's just cuz they were only browser games thus don't get the recognition they deserve.

Couldn't agree more, they get 11/10 from me in the imagination department.

I actually got annoyed that people started to give them attention only after Machinarium was released. They had already made Samorost 1 and 2, which both are better than Machinarium, in my opinion, and no one has even heard of those games it seems. Doubt many people bought Samorost 3, but hopefully a good amount.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kozio
@Litchie said:
@kozio said:
@Litchie said:

Couldn't agree more, they get 11/10 from me in the imagination department.

I actually got annoyed that people started to give them attention only after Machinarium was released. They had already made Samorost 1 and 2, which both are better than Machinarium, in my opinion, and no one has even heard of those games it seems. Doubt many people bought Samorost 3, but hopefully a good amount.

Amanita are just the best :D I adore the art style of Samorost and the similar game Haluz and the way they mix real life landscapes with fantasy. I remember samorost as a web game during the web game boom - but back when this came out, IE5/6 was still a thing and there was nothing nearly as good looking or well-designed in a flash game at the time. I recall playing the original 2 back when it was a flash game on JayIsGames. I think it's still lovely to play through thanks to the strong art direction. Tomas Dvorak is an excellentcomposer. For those that don't know, he also makes music under the name Floex.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

@kozio: That style of gameplay probably from the makers of Commando and Robin Hood game.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kozio
@anthonyautumns said:

@kozio: That style of gameplay probably from the makers of Commando and Robin Hood game.

They're huge fans of Commandos. And these guys know Spellbound Entertainment devs (Desperados, Robin Hood) very well and even talked about viewcone implementations etc.! They are now BlackForestTeam (Giana Sisters).

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56406 Posts

Looks awesome! Will get this!

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kozio
@gurbx said:
@kozio said:

Is there any information on what techniques they use to create the art?

Some of the scenes feel like you are watching a HD Attenborough documentary they are so pin sharp and beautiful looking.

There's a GDS presentation where they show their process.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y1F6IUptHo

Here is a quote from a recent interview with Amanita Design's Jakub Dvorský:

"Was it difficult to find the art form for the game? Now it's not just retouched photos, as before... Graphics by Adolf is amazing."

"For each new game we develop brand new art-style which evolve from the previous projects. The first two games from Samorost series have backgrounds made like collages from real photos while Machinarium is hand-drawn pencil on paper and coloured and textured digitally. Samorost3 is somewhere in-between. It’s mostly digital painting which is like classical painting just made in computer. We also use a plenty of textures from photos we made ourselves and sometimes even the whole pieces of photos of some interesting objects. The visuals of Samorost 3 are based on art of three people: me, painter Adolf Lachman and animator Vaclav Blín. We work together very closely and make sure we are all on the same wave all the time. It took us around 3 months to develop the final art style from initial drawings to complete visual form of one master location."