Cyberpunk xbox one and xbox one X analysis.

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Oh is not good at all.

The xbox one version is lower in resolution than the PS4 and perform worse as well, it can freeze at times for 1 minute.

The xbox one X version has higher resolution than the Pro, but the PS4 Pro version has Much stable frames, the xbox one X drops to the teens as well in parts were the Pro just doesn't.

One more scenario were chasing higher resolution produce a worse frame rate experience on xbox one X, on a game that already has bad performance.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Justifying filth is better than filth, more news at 10.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69414 Posts

@jaydan said:

Justifying filth is better than filth, more news at 10.

😂

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Geez tormy the game is a dogs breakfast across all consoles, but, but PS4 is a teeny tiny bit better, oh shit must make SW thread to gloat lol.

Lets see if this gets locked.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44556 Posts

Regardless of this being a turd it still illustrates my concern developers feel over-confidence in letting the more powerful Xbox consoles push for higher resolution than opting for a performance advantage.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

Saying the PS4 version runs a little bit better is like commending a turd for having some extra peanuts than the others.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jaydan

Look, the much anticipated sequel to Big Rigs is identical on both systems.

If you set fanboyism aside, you'll see everyone wins.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin: but the PS4 pro does indeed run better than the bone x

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tormentos

@jaydan:

I See that my thread has hurt your feeling.😂

So yeah my filth version is better than yours, if they were identical this thread would not exist.🙂

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jaydan

@tormentos said:

@jaydan:

I See that my thread has hurt your feeling.😂

So yeah my filth version is better than yours, if they were identical this thread would not exist.🙂

Hurt feelings and making fun of the TC are two very different constructs.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Gamers: Hey CDPR fix this shit!

Tormy: I shall bask in the glory of this turd!

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phlop_Spencer

@ghost_of_phobos: awe are you still upset that Xbox is a total pos?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Hey @tormentos correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the X1X significantly more powerful than the Pro? Since we KNOW it's more powerful how could a weaker console out perform the stronger one? Hmmmm I await your explanation

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

Another Cyberpunk thread! Can we just add all these together

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@jaydan said:

Look, the much anticipated sequel to Big Rigs is identical on both systems.

If you set fanboyism aside, you'll see everyone wins.

lol!

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7223 Posts

Xbox one X performs quite well the xbox one is grainy as hell couldn't imagine playing that version. The loading times must be grating.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56067 Posts

@kingtito: This is a DF thread, not exactly the same CP2077 threads we have now.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Iv been put off playing it until more patches come out. The game just feels unfinished and hard to enjoy the way it is now. The vehicles feel horrible to drive and the minimap not zooming out at speed always makes you miss a turn off all the time. AI is some of the stupidest iv ever seen, civilians just walk like zombies into the middle of the road, stand there and then turn around and head off back where they came from. Combat AI is just as dumb too, get a shotgun and wait behind a wall for them to walk into your trap one after another after another and you can take down a whole gang.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kingtito

@davillain- said:

@kingtito: This is a DF thread, not exactly the same CP2077 threads we have now.

Same narrative when it comes to power and performance and my question really has nothing to do with CP2077. Is there a problem with my post or something?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56067 Posts

@kingtito said:
@davillain- said:

Same narrative when it comes to power and performance and my question really has nothing to do with CP2077. Is there a problem with my post or something?

No not really but, DF will be DF after all🤷‍♂️

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

Do these developers even think? if the One X is dropping frames trying to pull a resolution beyond its means why not just drop it to 1440p and get a stable 30fps? And to anyone on base consoles I genuinely don't believe they will ever be able to fix the game. It is already dropping to 600p on the VCR at the lowest of low settings. The biggest problem here is that 5400 rpm HDD and the janky Jaguar cores at 1.6ghz. The only thing the January or February patches will do is major bug fixes while performance will remain the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-628e6669daebe

Since all cows have super powerful computers this is a problem that only affects lems.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

another easy xbox win..

the one x will look a lot better 100% of the time while both drop frames

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1642 Posts
@nfamouslegend said:

Do these developers even think? if the One X is dropping frames trying to pull a resolution beyond its means why not just drop it to 1440p and get a stable 30fps?

Those drops are probably more CPU related than GPU.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38801 Posts

With all the PR shit CDPR has been getting, i wonder what happens for their next game. Will they delay until its done and polished aka take 10 years for the next title or will their next game be as f*ckedup as this one and TW3 was on consoles. Or maybe they'll make a much smaller game so polishing isn't as challenging.

Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts

@davillain-: It’s the same as the 5 other DF threads honestly you guys need to tidy this dump up

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

It’s just a darn shame that this game isn’t working on last gen consoles.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

Since you're trying to win, do you want to talk about how the Xbox Series X has a quality mode and the PS5 doesn't?

"It turns out that Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5 does not have the "quality mode" that is available on Xbox Series X. That is to say, the game on PS5 runs in "performance mode" by default. On Xbox Series X you can switch between the two. Quality mode shoots for a high resolution, something approaching 4K and 30 frames per second, whereas performance mode aims for a smooth experience."

Eurogamer

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro  Online

I know folks are saying "this is not the next gen version". My question is what would change with the next gen version? Do people expect it to run better at higher resolution for the next gen version when it is struggling at 1080p? Unless they are going to use tech like Variable Rate Shading and convert to Mesh Shaders, to optimize the performance, I don't see how much of a bump its going to get.

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Phlop_Spencer

@Pedro: so you’re telling me that there is no room for improvement using the latest tech in the series x and PS5? You’re saying that the devs are not able to leverage any of the power and features and that they are tapped out with the base console versions?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tormentos

@jaydan said:

Hurt feelings and making fun of the TC are two very different constructs.

One thing i have learn here is that everything is see in a different way depending on who is seeing it.

So yeah i see my thread definitely hurt your feelings.

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Gamers: Hey CDPR fix this shit!

Tormy: I shall bask in the glory of this turd!

No that is how YOU got it, in fact i even stated that a game this broken should not get a damn 9 from any review source on another thread.

The game is broken in all platforms not just the xbox.

@kingtito said:

Hey @tormentos correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the X1X significantly more powerful than the Pro? Since we KNOW it's more powerful how could a weaker console out perform the stronger one? Hmmmm I await your explanation

First answer me this.

How is 45% SIGNIFICANTLY stronger when you constantly downplayed 40% gap on PS4 as nothing?

Second the weaker console perform better because the developer prioritized resolution on xbox one X, is something common that has happen with other games as well, the xbox one X is not infinitely more powerful than the Pro is just 45% stronger, so pushing pixel count to much on a demanding game will have that effect in fact RE was one of those games, and Capcom had to deliver a patch on xbox one X to lower the resolution and the problem was fixed.

In fact Digital Foundry even blame the higher resolution as the culprit as it has happen in other games as well.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tormentos

@pelvist said:

Iv been put off playing it until more patches come out. The game just feels unfinished and hard to enjoy the way it is now. The vehicles feel horrible to drive and the minimap not zooming out at speed always makes you miss a turn off all the time. AI is some of the stupidest iv ever seen, civilians just walk like zombies into the middle of the road, stand there and then turn around and head off back where they came from. Combat AI is just as dumb too, get a shotgun and wait behind a wall for them to walk into your trap one after another after another and you can take down a whole gang.

It does specially on consoles, is like they didn't even try is not just frames or resolution i mean the game freezes some times for a full minute that is enough to me to have turn off the console already.

@ghost_of_phobos said:

Since all cows have super powerful computers this is a problem that only affects lems.

No it affect all console and cows even more since we know there are more PS4 sold than xbox, stop playing the victim.

@bluestars said:

another easy xbox win..

the one x will look a lot better 100% of the time while both drop frames

High trump.

The PS4 Pro version consistently runs better some times by little some times by allot.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tormentos

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Since you're trying to win, do you want to talk about how the Xbox Series X has a quality mode and the PS5 doesn't?

"It turns out that Cyberpunk 2077 on PS5 does not have the "quality mode" that is available on Xbox Series X. That is to say, the game on PS5 runs in "performance mode" by default. On Xbox Series X you can switch between the two. Quality mode shoots for a high resolution, something approaching 4K and 30 frames per second, whereas performance mode aims for a smooth experience."

Eurogamer

Ok lets discuss it.

Arguably the best console experience right now is Series X's quality mode, which caps output frame-rate to 30 frames per second but increases resolution dramatically - it's dynamic and floats around 1512p in the city, but can be reach beyond 1728p in simpler scenes (1800p looks like the absolute upper bounds). Latency increases and obviously visual response is lower, but increasing the pixel count so dramatically is a boon for image quality.

This is the opinion of DF, some people don't like 30FPS games others do, here the xbox has a clear advantage because the option there is there non the less.

But this has to do with the way the series X handle BC.

Now as you can see is not even CLOSE to 4k in the city is 1512p and 1728p in simple scenes not even 1800p on any of the 2 axis.

PlayStation 5 appears to have the simplest implementation - the game seems to have the same 1188p maximum dynamic resolution output as PlayStation 4 Pro (which actually seems to operate in a 972p-1188p DRS window) but the 30fps cap on last-gen is totally removed. The end result is something very close to a locked 60 frames per second through much of the game, with only minor drops in most scenarios.

Performance mode locks to 1080p and runs with an unlocked frame-rate up to 60 frames per second, but curiously, it cannot match PlayStation 5's raw output. In like-for-like tests, it does drop lower while areas that do not have any slowdown at all on PS5 can have some minor issues on Series X. However, city density in terms of NPC and vehicle count sees Series X clearly running with higher settings - it's not a like-for-like comparison.

The xbox has some higher settings but can't match the PS5 performance again, not only that the game goes from 1188p which is higher than 1080p on series X performance mode to 972p a little lower as well.

So the PS5 can have higher resolution and faster frames than the series X has on performance mode, while the series X as a resolution advantage and image quality.

Not a clear cut win again for the MOST POWERFUL CONSOLE EVER BUILT.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@tormentos: "However, city density in terms of NPC and vehicle count sees Series X clearly running with higher settings - it's not a like-for-like comparison."

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44556 Posts

I am now a decent way into it on the Series X running the 1.04 patched XB1X build, playing in quality mode. And I do see glitches but they are mostly out of mind or nothing that I feel hampers the experience, at least not as much as just how incomplete or unrefined some aspects of the game are. Story moments are some of the best, some of the side missions can feel well crafted as well (some are just cookie cutter though) , the free roaming though, well, that's where the game starts showing how it needed a lot more time. Some areas you see the same NPCs having same exact scripted conversations. You can approach nearly everyone in the game where you get a TALK option which they should just disable entirely because the voices are just annoying and they have nothing to say that's important, they should just program more passive dialog. There's random encounters with other gangs I just grind for whenever the opportunity arises as this gives needed street credit, supplies, or just something to do, but they feel so paper thin, like oh look they are shaking down civilians, that's it. Sometimes they'll be in shoot-outs with NCPD and that might be only variant of events but again paper thin events. The streets feel empty even though some areas with a lot more people still seem like they have a fraction of what they should for a city as vertical and dense as it is supposed to be. Honestly I don't see this ever getting fixed except maybe years from now with PC mods running on more powerful future hardware, so I see this game being a next Crysis especially with years of modding it that is coming.

I don't mind a deep RPG with loot and options for skills and whatnot, this game definitely takes time to get flowing to learn the deeper menu system and such. But, once I got the hang of it, I still hate the looter habit of checking out weapon and armor stats when I loot better gear. So much so I just stick to the katana and sell all the guns I acquire or just grab them off the bodies of those I kill when I need them. I wish as the game scaled difficulty they did it in other ways than a simple stat obstacles. Say, just throw out more capable enemies in scenarios that you need your ability upgrades to power through, but that too takes time to make on the developer end, and having missions scaled to certain enemy stat levels, just feels cheap.

This game doesn't just need glitch patching, it needs forums like an early access game for content feedback as well. Much of the game design needs an overhaul.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe

@tormentos: You're really having a hard time dealing with DF stating that Series X and S are the superior consoles right now to play Cyberpunk poor Tormy. Hang in there buddy, be strong.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jaydan

@tormentos:

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

:P

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7223 Posts

I'm in 2 minds as to whether to play it on series s now or waiting on the next gen version it seems to be stable performance but might wait to see what the next gen patches will do.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kingtito

@tormentos said:

First answer me this.

How is 45% SIGNIFICANTLY stronger when you constantly downplayed 40% gap on PS4 as nothing?

Second the weaker console perform better because the developer prioritized resolution on xbox one X, is something common that has happen with other games as well, the xbox one X is not infinitely more powerful than the Pro is just 45% stronger, so pushing pixel count to much on a demanding game will have that effect in fact RE was one of those games, and Capcom had to deliver a patch on xbox one X to lower the resolution and the problem was fixed.

In fact Digital Foundry even blame the higher resolution as the culprit as it has happen in other games as well.

So you can't answer the question. How does a more powerful console produce worse performance than a weaker console? This isn't about which version looks better or downplaying it. It's a simple question and you seem afraid to answer.

Which should translate into better looking AND performing games right? Just like the PS4 had better looking and performing multiplats.

You going to answer the question or continue you mental gymnastics?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tormentos

@kingtito said:

So you can't answer the question. How does a more powerful console produce worse performance than a weaker console? This isn't about which version looks better or downplaying it. It's a simple question and you seem afraid to answer.

Which should translate into better looking AND performing games right? Just like the PS4 had better looking and performing multiplats.

Is not my problem is you wish to ignore the arguments presented to YOU, i answer your question.

And let me answer it again, the xbox one X is only 45% stronger to having higher resolution than the Pro already is eating that extra power.

Is not the first game that happen either in fact even on xbox one some games had a little faster frames than the PS4 version because the PS4 had higher pixel count and the hit was to much to deliver an advantage in both cases.

There is no mental gymnastic, now please answer my question and tell me how is 45% more power some how SIGNIFICANTLY more power yet 40% isn't.

@xantufrog said:

@tormentos: "However, city density in terms of NPC and vehicle count sees Series X clearly running with higher settings - it's not a like-for-like comparison."

It isn't either when the PS5 is pushing 1188p vs the series X 1080p one and still the PS5 has faster frames.

Visually the series X is the way to go, if you want performance the PS5 is the version to go, non of the mods have better performance on xbox.

@ghost_of_phobos said:

@tormentos: You're really having a hard time dealing with DF stating that Series X and S are the superior consoles right now to play Cyberpunk poor Tormy. Hang in there buddy, be strong.

Not if you favor performance over image quality.

Performance mode locks to 1080p and runs with an unlocked frame-rate up to 60 frames per second, but curiously, it cannot match PlayStation 5's raw output.

If you want the closes thing to 60FPS get a PS5 the xbox series X is worse, if you want better image quality and higher settings get a series X and both run on BC mode by the way.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Pedro  Online

@phlop_spencer said:

@Pedro: so you’re telling me that there is no room for improvement using the latest tech in the series x and PS5? You’re saying that the devs are not able to leverage any of the power and features and that they are tapped out with the base console versions?

You are telling me that you are unable to read and comprehend. This is a common trait with your kind.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

Why are we fighting about games that are running in backwards compatibility mode? Wait for the next gen patches at least...

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kingtito

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Is not my problem is you wish to ignore the arguments presented to YOU, i answer your question.

And let me answer it again, the xbox one X is only 45% stronger to having higher resolution than the Pro already is eating that extra power.

Is not the first game that happen either in fact even on xbox one some games had a little faster frames than the PS4 version because the PS4 had higher pixel count and the hit was to much to deliver an advantage in both cases.

There is no mental gymnastic, now please answer my question and tell me how is 45% more power some how SIGNIFICANTLY more power yet 40% isn't.

It is your problem because the argument isn't what you asked. My question has nothing to do with which one looks or performs better but WHY does a more powerful console not out perform the weaker one. You're just so much of a cow you can't admit why. You're def, DUMB and blind.

Higher resolution and better FPS not just resolution. It's the more powerful console period and should out perform the Pro in EVERY instance unless...........the devs did a poor job of programming.

Coming from you everything is mental gymnastics especially when it comes to any perceived criticism of any Sony console.

I don't care about that you clown and I've said it many times. What I said is it won't look much different without DF zooming in at each and every pixel. I'm not saying anything about what does or doesn't look better but WHY it does but I guess that head up Sony's ass prevents you from actually understanding ANYTHING you read. I mean I know I keep repeating this but you absolutely have a reading comprehension issue. That's not a joke

Avatar image for sheevpalpamemes
SheevPalpamemes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SheevPalpamemes
Member since 2020 • 2192 Posts

@tormentos said:
Loading Video...

Oh is not good at all.

The xbox one version is lower in resolution than the PS4 and perform worse as well, it can freeze at times for 1 minute.

The xbox one X version has higher resolution than the Pro, but the PS4 Pro version has Much stable frames, the xbox one X drops to the teens as well in parts were the Pro just doesn't.

One more scenario were chasing higher resolution produce a worse frame rate experience on xbox one X, on a game that already has bad performance.

Confirmed. PS5 is the premium cyberpunk 2077 experience.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

Can someone tell me at what resolution does it run on X1 for the lolz?

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@pc_rocks: 540-720p if I remember correct.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-628e6669daebe

@tormentos: Yes, if you prefer lower density, lower graphical settings at 45 to 60 FPS the PS5 is the platform of choice if you prefer locked 30 FPS with highest console settings then is the XSX.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@tormentos: my point is that your comparison is flawed. If you want to say the PS5 is more powerful or better performing or whatever then you have to show it runs the same settings better. But it doesn't. Could it? I doubt it, but we don't know (yet). What console owners have right now is an incomparable experience across platforms. Running the game at ok framerate but as a ghost town and with lower visual detail is - I would argue, the better compromise to make, within reason, but it's also not something to get too jazzed up about. You could probably get the Switch to run CP2077 as well if you were willing to truly eviscerate the game