Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

Although the game is content-complete, CD Projekt Red delayed Cybpunk 2077 to November this year for bug-fixing. The developer held a call with investors regarding the delay, and during the 45-minute presentation, the studio confirmed that Cyberpunk 2077's multiplayer is also delayed, while the company spoke about the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X editions as well and how they will be free for existing players. Gamespot

Like Cyberpunk where they claim the xbox version would be upgraded for free,while saying nothing about the PS5,then weeks latter appear a Cyberpunk special edition xbox one X,which obviously show MS has a deal for the game.

Now before you people cry i don't have a problems with deals or exclusivity is a normal game in the industry just don't act like MS is the best company ever because they landed a deal with a company,then cry when sony do the same as i know this will be answer by sony on a 3rd party level,just like maps were exclusive on 360 for COD and then change to be time exclusive for the PS4. Deranged Fanboy

Well this is great news for both Xbox and PS owners. 😁

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2 WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 479 Posts

So it looks like smart delivery( and whatever Sony has)is up to the devs as opposed to MS and Sony.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@wervenom said:

So it looks like smart delivery( and whatever Sony has)is up to the devs as opposed to MS and Sony.

We knew this from day 1, the only reason they have said nothing on the PS front is because MS has marketing rights, and you never talk about the other versions too much when you're paid to promote a certain platform.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7145 Posts

wonder how long they will allow each system to a get a update for free.

because say you buy the game for xbox one x when it comes out. then you buy a series x 4 years from now. will it still be free even though you had the game for 4 years?

besides because of the delay most of us will buy the next gen version sense there delaying it to be a launch title for both systems. because of the date. so it looks like there making sure they don't loss out on so much money because everyone that buys it September they would of handed so many free copies 2 months later when next gen machine comes out.

smart move on project red for delaying this game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38801 Posts

We know current gen will have a bunch of settings that are lower than Low on pc. So will that upgrade put those settings to High/Ultra or the upgrade won't do anything but 4k? Simply saying that it'll receive an upgrade isn't telling much.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44553 Posts

Maybe we'll see a limited edition CP2077 Series X, I'd like that. Then again, if that happened, I could see gaming world blaming MS for the delay.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#7 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Shame, the game will be stuck at 30 fps in this case.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

because say you buy the game for xbox one x when it comes out. then you buy a series x 4 years from now. will it still be free even though you had the game for 4 years?

besides because of the delay most of us will buy the next gen version sense there delaying it to be a launch title for both systems. because of the date. so it looks like there making sure they don't loss out on so much money because everyone that buys it September they would of handed so many free copies 2 months later when next gen machine comes out.

There is no expiration with Smart Delivery. The system simply downloads the best version for the system you are playing on. Its one purchase that gives you access to all versions of the game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pedro
@hardwenzen said:

We know current gen will have a bunch of settings that are lower than Low on pc. So will that upgrade put those settings to High/Ultra or the upgrade won't do anything but 4k? Simply saying that it'll receive an upgrade isn't telling much.

If they developer releases an updated version of the game for the Series X, you will get whatever the updated version. Both systems would have BC. The only the Series X has confirmed that the full capabilities of the hardware will be available to all games. So, if the game have dynamic resolution then it would run at the highest resolution possible for the game.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Knowing CD proper upgrade. I highly doubt they would just give it 4k textures and leave it at that, especially if it already had 4k textures in the the first place. I mean they aren't EA.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Now people can kindly stfu about scrapping current gen versions.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@npiet1 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Knowing CD proper upgrade. I highly doubt they would just give it 4k textures and leave it at that, especially if it already had 4k textures in the the first place. I mean they aren't EA.

I don't even think it will be 4k textures, but just 4k resolution and maybe 60fps which won't be very impressive since the graphical settings will stay at their base xbone/ps4 level. They might give it a proper boost, but this will take time and won't be available for launch.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7145 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@wervenom said:

We knew this from day 1, the only reason they have said nothing on the PS front is because MS has marketing rights, and you never talk about the other versions too much when you're paid to promote a certain platform.

oh please you guys were saying ha ha xbox has smart delivery and we are getting a free update to cyberpunk and saying ps5 going to have to buy there copy again. I was saying the ps5 will have it to all along and you and others said no its not. so please don't act like you knew this was going to happen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

oh please you guys were saying ha ha xbox has smart delivery and we are getting a free update to cyberpunk and saying ps5 going to have to buy there copy again. I was saying the ps5 will have it to all along and you and others said no its not. so please don't act like you knew this was going to happen.

Specifically for Cyberpunk folks were saying that the upgrade will most likely also be available for PS5 base on the developers record. Please point me to where folks were stating to the contrary.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44553 Posts

I think some people mistakenly think all games that get updates will be free, and really I think this will be up to publishers. CDPR is doing it for CP2077, EA said their support for Madden will be limited to a certain window.

I saw Observer is getting a new edition next gen, curious what that will be, they're adding more content on top of remastering so I think they may charge people who bought current gen versions, but who knows, maybe they'll discount it, or since Blooper Team seems to be making some deals with MS maybe they will offer free upgrade.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

Sony fanboys will still get the inferior version lol

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

If everyone is loving Cyberpunk, I may be interested at the $30 range with the free upgrade. That's assuming I have time and there's nothing else game wise on my plate.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

There was a conspiracy?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@mclarenmaster18 said:

Lol, this game is not coming onto Nintendo Switch.

why bring up the switch here?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pedro

@drlostrib said:

There was a conspiracy?

Microsoft paid CD Project to not have a free upgrade for the PS5.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#22 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

I wouldn't even bother with the game on current gen consoles. Play it on PC or wait for the game to run properly on next-gen consoles.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Damn, and I started to enjoy my tinfoil hat.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15910 Posts

@wervenom said:

It used to be called crossbuy.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro

@sakaixx: Except it's not crossbuy.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sakaiXx

@Pedro: care to explain?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

@BassMan said:

I wouldn't even bother with the game on current gen consoles. Play it on PC or wait for the game to run properly on next-gen consoles.

Totally this, especially when Cyberpunk 2077 is FPS, KB/M is so needed.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@BassMan said:

First time for everything, and here you are being right about something.

If you can't play it on a good PC (not all PC's are the same Assman) wait for PS5 or Series X. Higher resolution, faster frame rates, much faster load times, don't ruin your first time with a potentially great game on a lesser system.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#29  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

First time for everything, and here you are being right about something.

If you can't play it on a good PC (not all PC's are the same Assman) wait for PS5 or Series X. Higher resolution, faster frame rates, much faster load times, don't ruin your first time with a potentially great game on a lesser system.

I tell it like it is. Everyone knows when I say PC, I am referring to a good gaming PC. A potato PC is almost as bad as a console.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@wervenom said:

Provide a link to your claim or STFU, in the meantime

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@davillain- said:
@BassMan said:

Totally this, especially when Cyberpunk 2077 is FPS, KB/M is so needed.

Agree pretty much any game that involves aiming is always better with KB/M.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@sakaixx said:

Crossbuy games are available day one and the one purchase allows you to get access to two platforms (Xbox Play Anywhere). Smart Delivery on the other hand includes future versions of the game and downloads the best version of the game depending on the platform you are playing on. This may or may not include Crossbuy games like Xbox Play Anywhere.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sakaiXx

@Pedro said:
@sakaixx said:

Crossbuy games are available day one and the one purchase allows you to get access to two platforms (Xbox Play Anywhere). Smart Delivery on the other hand includes future versions of the game and downloads the best version of the game depending on the platform you are playing on. This may or may not include Crossbuy games like Xbox Play Anywhere.

So basically just an evolution of crossbuy, right thanks. Kinda worried there if my helldiver copy I bought on vita plays 540p with vita settings on PS4.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro:

See i was right it is up to developers.🙂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

See i was right it is up to developers.🙂

Nope! You were wrong. You claimed MS paid to not have a free PS5 upgrade. But, its not like you are ever right. 😁

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@wervenom: PlayStation had cross-buy first.

WeRVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#37 WeRVenom
Member since 2020 • 479 Posts

@ButDuuude: That's true but they will probably come up with another name.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tormentos

@Pedro:

Yes i was right.

""I think this prove my point even more cross buy is something up to developers,if any game comes on xbox and has cross buy for xbox but not for PS5 is because that developer has a deal with MS.""

The part you conveniently left out,which clearly state IF ANY GAME HAS CROSS BUY ON XBOX AND NOT ON PS5 IS BECAUSE OF A DEAL.

So congratulations you fail again.

So like i stated is up to developers thankyou for comfirming it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

Yes i was right.

""I think this prove my point even more cross buy is something up to developers,if any game comes on xbox and has cross buy for xbox but not for PS5 is because that developer has a deal with MS.""

The part you conveniently left out,which clearly state IF ANY GAME HAS CROSS BUY ON XBOX AND NOT ON PS5 IS BECAUSE OF A DEAL.

So congratulations you fail again.

So like i stated is up to developers thankyou for comfirming it.

Don't try to skirt around the nonsense you were spewing that MS paid to not have a free upgrade to the PS5 for Cyberpunk. You were wrong. I know its killing you that you were WRONG.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7223 Posts

This is great for the consumer to know that the best possible version is free. It's a great insentive to pick it up at launch whatever happens.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By tormentos

@Pedro:

Since day 1 my argument was around IF a game was cross buy on xbox and not on PS5,and was BECAUSE lemmings here claimed sony would not allow it while MS would.

In fact you questión some one who claimed sony already did what MS was pushing with Smart delivery,AMD you got owned by him as well as me.😂😂

Sony already did that on PS4,hoy ran with your tail between your legs.

So yeah i was right,is not just MS and is up to developers,which you also try to claim MS or sony could force developers to so that when they cant period.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pedro

@tormentos said:

@Pedro:

Since day 1 my argument was around IF a game was cross buy on xbox and not on PS5,and was BECAUSE lemmings here claimed sony would not allow it while MS would.

In fact you questión some one who claimed sony already did what MS was pushing with Smart delivery,AMD you got owned by him as well as me.😂😂

Sony already did that on PS4,hoy ran with your tail between your legs.

So yeah i was right,is not just MS and is up to developers,which you also try to claim MS or sony could force developers to so that when they cant period.

Its always important to stay on topic. I know, I know, you are embarrassed so you need to deflect to save face. I understand. But, you spent a good amount of time with your conspiracy that MS made a deal not to allow Cyberpunk upgrade on the PS5 to be free. You were wrong.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@tormentos: Oh come on...seriously, just take the latest in a long line of L's.

You were telling everybody that ms had paid for the right to have smart delivery on xsx and not on ps5. In fact, you were furious.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

They're saying that you get the next gen version for free, not that the current gen version will be enhanced.

@gifford38 said:

they're* delaying it

lose* out

would have*

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen

@techhog89: So no upgrades at all then? Sick.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

don't ruin your first time with a potentially great game on a lesser system.

that's my motto for people wanting to play 3rd party games on the switch

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tormentos

@Pedro:

Yeah i my thread is there and you look Like an ass trying to just quote what you like.

I was right is up to developers,and the day the xbox get a free upgrade the PS5 doesnt get is BECAUSE of a deal period.😂😂

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tormentos

@sealionact:

This is super easy quote me.😂😂😂

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@tormentos: Trawling through thousands of your inane comments in order to prove what everybody knows you said?

That's something you would do bud.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

@techhog89: So no upgrades at all then? Sick.

I can't tell if you're trolling or dumb.