NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10543 Posts

The game showed off at Gamescom a while back has announced to be another Nvidia RTX title. I thought the game looked pretty good graphically but I didn't know it was ray traced.

The game is going to have ray traced reflections, point lights, area lights and ambient occlusion. I'd like to see whether Cyberunk 2077 and this game did a better job at implementing ray traced lighting and ambient occlusion for the cyberpunk setting.

“So we’re basically using Ray Tracing to improve three major parts of the game. We have plenty of dynamic lights that cast soft shadows so those applied to both area lights and point lights. We also have fully real-time ray traced reflections which is pretty cool for the kind of environment we set our game in. There is plenty of wet surfaces that reflect a lot of light. And obviously ambient occlusion which is much better with ray tracing. The kind of ambient occlusion we are getting right now does not produce any artifacts you might know from screen space ambient occlusion.”

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25601 Posts

Nice. It's like a mix of Mirror's Edge and the newer Shadow Warrior. It'll be a well-received mix up of platforming along with fighting, whereas the Shadow Warrior games just became a bit monotonous. Fun games, but they did get a bit tedious.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 127

#3 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 10773 Posts

This is one of the new IPs that stood out to me at E3. Nice to see some RTX support as well.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98079 Posts

I couldn't care less about the technology behind how it looks graphically, nor how good it looks graphically, I care about the fact it looks pretty friggin fun to play.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38659 Posts

@BassMan said:

This is one of the new IPs that stood out to me at E3. Nice to see some RTX support as well.

Agree. This has 2077 vibe going for, so this is a day one purchase.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 127

#6 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 10773 Posts

@davillain- said:
@BassMan said:

Check this out too...

Loading Video...

https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrailer-news/prototype-gameplay-video-for-blade-runner-meets-prey-2-cyberpunk-unreal-engine-4-game-vigilance/

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 3938 Posts

What ever happened to wasting GPU power on other things like physics and unnecessary amounts of tessellation?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44633 Posts

@ten_pints said:

What ever happened to wasting GPU power on other things like physics and unnecessary amounts of tessellation?

Yeah! I demand realistic hair physics!

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10543 Posts
@davillain- said:
@BassMan said:

I confused this game for 2077 until I saw the gameplay in motion.

Nvidia just released this montage trailer of some of their RTX titles.

Loading Video...

I want very unrealistic super bouncy boobies with sweat ray traced on em!

@ten_pints said:

Tessellation started being used more appropriately now that it had time to mature. Gears 5 and Rise Of The Tomb raider are some pretty good examples of tessellation being utilized to properly show snow and sand deformation.