adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#101 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

This guy is right so, insteand of writting the same i just quote him also i just want to make promotion to the legend of heroes.

@uninspiredcup said:
@KungfuKitten said:

It's player choice. I don't mind it much.

It IS weird if the people in the game still distinguish between things using words, and not between male and female. (Do they use apple and banana or do they just say fruit?) On the other hand with the idea of what is human becoming a vague concept because of cyberware I could see biological sex or genders being blurred as well.

I don't think this is a big deal to be honest. It's different than restricting speech or some such.

Ye I can understand people getting annoyed at Resetera, Polygon and other reductive leftests getting on a pulpit trying to dictate shit to people like it's 1984 (nobody sane likes those assholes), but as you say here , this is a choice, not a restriction.

More people can role-play to specifics they want... Good?

@ghosts4ever said:

@uninspiredcup: and no wonder why i was saying make keannu reeves as main protagonist...

it would make perfect sense in cyberpunk setting and keannu on box art will sell most copies and earn more money. but not, tiny reset era minorities will not be pleased..

Keannu reeves character probably is going to be another generic "me so badass" guy we've seen in games a billion times before.

A lot of CDP characters are just straight up bland, transparent archetypes. And when I say that I don't mean "oh he's white and straight oooo ahhhhh", you could change them and the he'd still be like watching paint dry.

Try playing this (uh-huh), and compare the writing of the characters in that to Gerarld of The Rivendale. People talk and interact, and think, like actual human-beans. People praise The Witcher like some paragon of writing, as someone who very barely got standard grade English, I can safely say this game shits all over it with big anime jobbys.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@Vaasman: They referred to you as Shepard and as he/she depending of your gender. They’re not mutually exclusive.

Saying "every" character may have been hyperbole but regardless, references to your gender in ME are extremely rare. Point still being, it shouldn't be incomprehensible to make a game with no references to it, yet it somehow is.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#103 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

(Pointed out that you can still make the character you want, so who cares if other people want the choice to do things differently.)

(Also pointed out that gender fluidity was a mechanic in the original tabletop game the game is based on.)

(Cue two additional pages of whining about "dem ess-jay-dubyas.")

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ah well, I tried. Nothing left for me to do but...

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Non-issue for me personally. I will refer to these things on the screen however I want.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Fits in with the game and doesn't bother me one bit, but anyone thinking this is a move that isn't being done in capitulation to ERA are kidding themselves. CDPR has been on their sh**list for a good while and I suspect this is largely an attempt to win back some of their lost goodwill (and also make sure they can leave their front door safely in the morning).

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Makes sense in this day and age. Appease .001% of your audience, alienate the rest, and *cry when you don’t meet sales targets because not everyone cares about your single minded political ideology.

*see modern day Hollywood

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#108 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 2221 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: I think they are just avoiding the drama.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts
@Sevenizz said:

Makes sense in this day and age. Appease .001% of your audience, alienate the rest, and *cry when you don’t meet sales targets because not everyone cares about your single minded political ideology.

*see modern day Hollywood

It's obvious that you know nothing of the source material for this game.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@Sgt_Crow said:

The problem isn’t with the freedom to create whatever character you want. The problem is that it’s apparantely wrong to use or identify with the words “male” or “female”.

The world is getting more bonkers indeed.

Yes, it would make a lot more sense for me to pick a male body with a male voice and then also clarify to the game that yes, I am indeed creating a male character. Without the clarification, I'm not sure how I can even play.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#111  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

The problem isn’t with the freedom to create whatever character you want. The problem is that it’s apparantely wrong to use or identify with the words “male” or “female”.

Yes, it would make a lot more sense for me to pick a male body with a male voice and then also clarify to the game that yes, I am indeed creating a male character. Without the clarification, I'm not sure how I can even play.

LOL

What's funny is when the term "snowflakes" gets thrown around by people even though either side is guilty of being worked up by shit that doesn't matter in reality

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 madrocketeer
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@Sgt_Crow said:

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Sevenizz: Yea... Not sure about all that. CP77 will sell 20-30 million easy, pronouns or not.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts
@PurpleMan5000 said:

You really need to be called a man every second in life to even function? Some of ya'll have some serious reinforcement issues. This is gold.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Weren't you saying not long ago that Cyberpunk will be sh*t because it's a CDPR game and Witcher is really overrated etc?

Now you're onboard the hype train it sounds like. Lol.

jepsen1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#116 jepsen1977
Member since 2004 • 75 Posts
@schu said:

Anyone who finds this threatening has a very fragile sense of self. Get a grip.

And anyone who finds other people's opinions to be threatening has an even more fragile sense of self. Get a grip yourself.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#117 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I’m really failing to see what the problem is here. Just pick the body type and voice that you want and there you go.

@xdude85 said:

Gamers throwing a bitch fit about options that they don't have to choose.

Just a normal day in other words.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

You really need to be called a man every second in life to even function? Some of ya'll have some serious reinforcement issues. This is gold.

I know that whenever I initiate casual conversation with somebody, I make sure to tell them that I am a man. Otherwise, how do I know if they will refer to me as a "he" and not a "she" or god forbid a "they"? I'm just one person man, snowflakes!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

This is more reasonable response.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#121 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@getyeryayasout: Some dude on YouTube told them to be outraged.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By madrocketeer

@phbz:

Figures. Another random dude with a mic and exaggerated importance, lionised by his fans just because he has a fancy logo and some video editing skills. I say this as a subscriber to a bunch of them myself.

Let's just say I've been dealing with an elevated occurrence of these sort of folks recently, in another corner of the internet. Some people are in desperate need of a bit of perspective. Sigh. Internet is going to internet, I suppose.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Do trans need to be referred to their orientation every second of their lives to function? Because it seems they do just as much as those who feel they fall along the binary spectrum. That the trans community feels that way may largely be due to marginalization in representation compared to the status quo, I understand that and I don't disagree with it, but just because they feel this way doesn't all of a sudden invalidate or lessen the wishes of those players who desire to label themselves in binary terms for whatever ideological reasons they may hold (whether it be religious, traditionalism, etc) instead of being forced to operate along a gradient that fails the option to delineate that distinction.

I see that as a pretty damn petty personally, it doesn't bother me a bit, but I think it's just as much of a valid and reasonable request to be made by those who do view themselves in black and white gender roles, and CDPR should recognize that and include it. That they aren't should be questioned, as it presents no detriment to anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By deactivated-5f381b7b4ba30
Member since 2019 • 1049 Posts

People are really overacting in this thread. You can still make a male or female V. Gender is still in the game, they just removed the gender restrictions from the character creator to appease the crazies over at RetardEra

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Cool, don't see any issue with that

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@phbz said:

@getyeryayasout: Some dude on YouTube told them to be outraged.

it was the quartering, he said these small things are adding up and were losing our identity

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

As an attack Apache helicopter I feel offended for not being represented

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Who cares? it's a non-issue.

Dipshit TC cares, apparently.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 clone01

Also, if it bothers you so much, don't buy it.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 clone01

@ghosts4ever said:

Creating character is non sense.

I will chose this

as by default character. not doing any customization.

You're also a worthless troll, and no one fucking cares what you think.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#131 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts
@ivangrozny said:

As an attack Apache helicopter I feel offended for not being represented

That random Comanche announcement was exciting.

Then they explained what it was.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

I don't see the problem here. If you can pick and choose any body type then you can end up with any version of 'you', or possible roleplaying.

People need to grow up. This shouldn't bother you.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 680 Posts

@cainetao11: you are completely right. We are used to seeing liberals being called over sensitive and many time they are right.

But conservatives are just as oversensitive . The difference is that instead of complaining they are will just react by becoming angry and rude.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Sooooo in other words. You can choose a male or female but remove those words from the game so we can pretend?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#135 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@ghosts4ever: Weren't you saying not long ago that Cyberpunk will be sh*t because it's a CDPR game and Witcher is really overrated etc?

Now you're onboard the hype train it sounds like. Lol.

This is still true though.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#136 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

@nirgal said:

@cainetao11: you are completely right. We are used to seeing liberals being called over sensitive and many time they are right.

But conservatives are just as oversensitive . The difference is that instead of complaining they are will just react by becoming angry and rude.

None are better or worse than the other on this. Both groups can be over-sensitive, and both groups can become angry and rude.

I am surprised at the length of this thread on something that should be a non-issue.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#137 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I'm sorry but this is just dumb.

I understand that there is more than one gender out there, and I accept and encourage that belief, but as far as sex goes there are only two sexes (obviously there are chromosome mutations and such, but let's just stick to the majority here).

This is excessive, to say the least; excessively accommodating to a tiny fringe segment of the population that speaks way louder than they warrant, and by that fact it is therefore unaccommodating to others. "But what about the tyrrany of the majority?!" you say. Well, this isn't politics and it isn't law, so unlike say your country or the place you were born, you actually can take your business elsewhere.

By alienating people in this fashion, they actually cause conflict and people want less of them; if they were a little more subtle, they'd probably ruffle less feathers and be further along than they are. I hate seeing agendas in my entertainment, and I hate seeing pandering as well. Worse, I hate people eating that cheap lip service up like it's genuine. You think a bunch of mostly-male computer-nerd Poles genuinely care about LGBTQ stuff?

I consider myself an ally of the LGBTQ folks but man do they really push it sometimes.

Here's a thought: maybe make the option "male" and "female", and the trans people or the people that want to play a trans character can simply say "Oh well this character is a trans woman" and just pretend. After all, that's what we are doing here: pretending a digital world exists and pretending to role-play as something we are not.

I work with a trans woman, and I know she is not the empress of trans people and opinions differ, but this kind of stuff actually pisses her off.

@warmblur said:
@the_bi99man said:

Dave Chappelle really nailed this shit in his new special. The unwritten rule of all the artistic businesses. Express yourself however you want, but you can't upset... the alphabet people.

Man I just watched that Netflix special yesterday it was gold Chappelle is on fire.

Its funny all the SJW's are pissed off about it because he talks some shit about trans people.

Read an article by Vox (surprise, surprise...) saying people should pass on it for that reason. Hello?! Do you understand what stand up comedy is? FFS people I know we all want to make progress, but you need to chill the hell out.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#138 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag:

Then what the hell are the npc's going to refer to you as? They?? Because if I make a female mc and get called a "he" by everyone else then I'm going to be really pissed off! Saints Row all over again...

Yeah it's immersion-breaking to say the least.

I'll be playing the game, pretending to be a woman, and their constant going-out-of-their-way-to-not-use-gender-specific-language will just jerk me out of that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Pedro

@mrbojangles25: So, removing the word male and female is excessive? People would feel alienated because they cannot see the words male or female when they are picking a body type despite the fact that they can still pick their preferred body type akin to male and female? I don't care if your trans friend is upset about this. They being trans doesn't give her opinion anymore worth. This entire ordeal is a non issue because the exclusion or inclusion literally doesn't change the player's experience.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#140  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

Some people are simply trying way too hard to be upset by this.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Pedro

@Archangel3371 said:

Some people are simply trying way too hard to be upset by this.

Trying EXCEPTIONALLY hard. Its like bitching that they change the names of a games difficulty settings. from easy, normal, hard to story, adventurer, pioneer.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#142 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

We seriously have a problem with this, when there is a GTA clone series where males can cross dress and sound like females? Gamers man...

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Pedro: Thars a really dumb comparison.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#144 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@Pedro: Hey you leave difficulty settings alone. My grandfather didn't fight no war on hard mode for you people to come and make a mockery of it! This is a neo-Marxist conspiracy!!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#145 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts

@Pedro: Indeed and they’re looking like damn fools doing so.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#147  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I'm sorry but this is just dumb.

I understand that there is more than one gender out there, and I accept and encourage that belief, but as far as sex goes there are only two sexes (obviously there are chromosome mutations and such, but let's just stick to the majority here).

This is excessive, to say the least; excessively accommodating to a tiny fringe segment of the population that speaks way louder than they warrant, and by that fact it is therefore unaccommodating to others. "But what about the tyrrany of the majority?!" you say. Well, this isn't politics and it isn't law, so unlike say your country or the place you were born, you actually can take your business elsewhere.

By alienating people in this fashion, they actually cause conflict and people want less of them; if they were a little more subtle, they'd probably ruffle less feathers and be further along than they are. I hate seeing agendas in my entertainment, and I hate seeing pandering as well. Worse, I hate people eating that cheap lip service up like it's genuine. You think a bunch of mostly-male computer-nerd Poles genuinely care about LGBTQ stuff?

I consider myself an ally of the LGBTQ folks but man do they really push it sometimes.

Here's a thought: maybe make the option "male" and "female", and the trans people or the people that want to play a trans character can simply say "Oh well this character is a trans woman" and just pretend. After all, that's what we are doing here: pretending a digital world exists and pretending to role-play as something we are not.

I work with a trans woman, and I know she is not the empress of trans people and opinions differ, but this kind of stuff actually pisses her off.

@warmblur said:
@the_bi99man said:

Dave Chappelle really nailed this shit in his new special. The unwritten rule of all the artistic businesses. Express yourself however you want, but you can't upset... the alphabet people.

Man I just watched that Netflix special yesterday it was gold Chappelle is on fire.

Its funny all the SJW's are pissed off about it because he talks some shit about trans people.

Read an article by Vox (surprise, surprise...) saying people should pass on it for that reason. Hello?! Do you understand what stand up comedy is? FFS people I know we all want to make progress, but you need to chill the hell out.

We live in such backwards times it's so weird. I miss the 90's when people weren't so damn sensitive to every little thing it's beyond ridiculous these days man social media was a bad idea.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Pedro

@warmblur said:

We live in such backwards times it's so weird. I miss the 90's when people weren't so damn sensitive to every little thing it's beyond ridiculous these days man social media was a bad idea.

The irony in your statement is golden.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 680 Posts

@Pedro: completely agree. And what’s with the need of having the game call you by your gender ? I get with transsexuals being extremely sensitive about that since they obviously care enough to go through surgery to change their sex.

But regular people really care if they re word the sentence so they don’t have to use pronouns ? I’m playing pillars of Eternity right now and they always call you the watcher, they never use a pronoun.

This has been happening in many games for a long time just to not have to record lines twice and nobody cared.

Why would people start caring so much about something so irrelevant now ?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Pedro

@nirgal said:

Why would people start caring so much about something so irrelevant now ?

Because some people believe that they are being attacked.