Cyberpunk 2077 will dethrone Witcher 3 ? Feel the greatness of King CD Projekt Red.

Posted by OliverSnyders (163 posts) 1 month, 18 days ago

Poll: Cyberpunk 2077 will dethrone Witcher 3 ? Feel the greatness of King CD Projekt Red. (35 votes)

Yes 63%
No 37%

Only game to challenge and perhaps beat The Witcher 3.

#1 Posted by Vaidream45 (2010 posts) -

They are totally different games. Cyberpunk isn’t competing against Witcher at all. They went Cyberpunk with guns and tech. I’m just happy we get to play the games.

#2 Edited by DaVillain- (37581 posts) -

I have beaten Witcher 3 for the 4th times and going on my 5th play cause it's one of my all time favorite game this gen has to offer. Cyberpunk 2077 however, I'm a huge fan of Sci-Fi, I'm a fan of Blade Runner, Ghost in the Shell, you name it. Cyberpunk share those features I mention and can it dethrone Witcher 3? I think it can and from what I saw from trailers & gameplay, I think it has what it takes to defeat Witcher 3.

Already pre-order on GoG and all I gotta do now is....wait till April 2020. And speaking of Witcher 3, I'm looking forward to that Witcher Netflix :)

#3 Posted by Sushiglutton (7264 posts) -

If you look at the improvements from Witcher 1 to 2 and then to 3 I think no other developer has evolved more than CDPR. Witcher 1 is to me unplayable, Witcher 3 stunning. So if they can keep the trend going I think there's a good chance of them reaching new heights. The one thing I will sy though is that they are now changing perspective and main mechanics, which are pretty dramatic changes. So there could also be a dip in the curve.

But overall I'm very optimistic :)!

#4 Posted by Juub1990 (8673 posts) -

Dethrone it from what?

#5 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10304 posts) -

Its not hard to dethroned witcher 3.

so cyberpunk definitely can.

#6 Posted by MonsieurX (39180 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

But TW3 is better than Doom

#7 Edited by Vaeh (540 posts) -

Shots fired lol. Finally Witcher 3 got competition. Cyberpunk 2077 expansion alone can destroy full games.

#8 Posted by warmblur (2814 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

Agree Witcher 3 was really good but it's overrated IMO I really hope CD Projekt Red can get the combat to feel good this time.

#9 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2480 posts) -

It looks great but I'll wait and see. I don't want to start screaming GOTG and end up overhyped and disappointed. My current top games this gen are:

- The Witcher 3

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Persona 5

I'll be happy if Cyberpunk can take one of their places because I really love all 3 of these games.

#10 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10304 posts) -

@valgaav_219 said:

It looks great but I'll wait and see. I don't want to start screaming GOTG and end up overhyped and disappointed. My current top games this gen are:

- The Witcher 3

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Persona 5

I'll be happy if Cyberpunk can take one of their places because I really love all 3 of these games.

Cyberpunk will be easily better than witcher 3 especially due to its being First person. means more immersive.

#11 Posted by Vaeh (540 posts) -

They are supposedly releasing another AAA RPG by 2021. Keep doing what you are doing, CDPR.

#12 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2480 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@valgaav_219 said:

- The Witcher 3

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Persona 5

Cyberpunk will be easily better than witcher 3 especially due to its being First person. means more immersive.

That's an opinion, Ghost, not a fact. Stop spouting your opinions as facts. First person means more immersive to you

#13 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10304 posts) -

@valgaav_219 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@valgaav_219 said:

- The Witcher 3

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Persona 5

That's an opinion, Ghost, not a fact. Stop spouting your opinions as facts. First person means more immersive to you

the problem is. witcher 3 controls just suck. going FPS means controls are finally good this time around.

#14 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2480 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: Again another opinion. I found The Witcher 3's controls to be completely accessible and had no issues with the combat system. I may have had a Bethesda-like glitch while trying to climb a ladder or something like that but besides that no problems.

#15 Edited by watercrack445 (1738 posts) -

@vaeh said:

They are supposedly releasing another AAA RPG by 2021. Keep doing what you are doing, CDPR.

I doubt that. They didn't even marketed their supposedly next "AAA RPG" game. If its true, they have only one year to show it off unless its releasing in 2021 Q3. Also, it would be a bad choice for CD Projeck Red to show a new game during E3 when Cyberpunk releases two months before June. Also, also, CD Projeck games usually releases during financial Q1 so I don't think a Q3 release date would be likely.

#16 Posted by Ghosts4ever (10304 posts) -

@valgaav_219 said:

@ghosts4ever: Again another opinion. I found The Witcher 3's controls to be completely accessible and had no issues with the combat system. I may have had a Bethesda-like glitch while trying to climb a ladder or something like that but besides that no problems.

imo, only thing cyberpunk fall flat compare to witcher 3 is story. cyberpunk story and dialouges looks waay too edgy for my taste with huge amount of swearing. plus so far story looks bad.

other than you might played TW3 on controller. because in KB/M. its just chore to play as geralt control like a tank.

#17 Posted by Vaeh (540 posts) -

@watercrack445: https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/cd-projekts-new-rpg-details-revealed/z6967

Cyberpunk 2077 release in April 2020 would leave E3 2020 open to talk about the next project. CD Projekt's new AAA RPG may miss 2021 deadline. They released Witcher 1, Hearts of Stone, Thronebreaker in October.

#18 Posted by Heirren (2238 posts) -

@ghosts4ever:

The bit that i tried Witcher 3, it felt like playing NBA2k.

#19 Edited by Jag85 (13600 posts) -

Cyberpunk will almost certainly be a better game than TW3.

But there's nothing to dethrone. TW3 was never the king of anything.

#20 Posted by Bluestars (192 posts) -

Tw3 the best game I have played with the best Expansion of any game imo

It may come down to the setting as I prefer the Witcher/ elder scrolls/ TLOTR/ game of throne type worlds over futuristic but I see CP more as a gta 2077 than a destiny/ Star Wars si fi

#21 Posted by OliverSnyders (163 posts) -

@vaeh said:

Shots fired lol. Finally Witcher 3 got competition. Cyberpunk 2077 expansion alone can destroy full games.

#22 Posted by Vaeh (540 posts) -
@oliversnyders said:
@vaeh said:

Gotta love Keanu. The future is breathtaking.

#23 Posted by Mozelleple112 (7005 posts) -

Dethrone The Witcher 3 from what?

It isn't even the highest rated game of the year it was released.

God of War, Red Dead Redemption II, MGSV: Phantom Pain, The Legend of Zelda: BOTW, Super Mario Odyssey, Death Stranding, The Last of Us Part II ... The Witcher 3 belongs AMONG those games, but certainly not at the top of the list. Cyberpunk 2077 might be there somewhere.

#24 Posted by Basinboy (13918 posts) -

Only game to beat Witcher 3? Appears that it will be at least one of several.

One of my favorite works of fiction is Ghost in the Shell and the story beats this far appear to be drawing very heavily on themes it presents.

#25 Posted by OliverSnyders (163 posts) -

@Mozelleple112: @Juub1990: https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/the-witcher-3-defeated-sony-kojima-bethesda-cd-pro-33449420/

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/cd-projekt-red-also-defeated-square-enix-the-king--33449551/

#26 Posted by Telekill (8553 posts) -

Third person bad ass adventure or first person politically charged question mark. Does anyone know what this game really is yet? Have we seen gameplay?

I'll stick with Witcher 3.

#27 Posted by OliverSnyders (163 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Third person bad ass adventure or first person politically charged question mark. Does anyone know what this game really is yet? Have we seen gameplay?

I'll stick with Witcher 3.

Loading Video...

#29 Posted by Vaeh (540 posts) -

lol clueless Sony cows have arrived. Where is BoxRekt ? Questionable gameplay... LMAO at Polygon

https://youtu.be/jBONkX1tfAU?t=50s Shadow Warrior devs roasted Polygon lol. History will be repeated by Polish dev.

#30 Posted by AJStyles (1024 posts) -

I don’t understand the hate for Witcher 3’s combat. I played on PS4 and I loved it.

It has better combat than Skyrim.

Anyway, Cyberpunk2077 will beat Witcher 3 and become the new greatest RPG of all time.

#31 Posted by Zaryia (9482 posts) -
@vaeh said:

lol clueless Sony cows have arrived. Where is BoxRekt ? Questionable gameplay... LMAO at Polygon

https://youtu.be/jBONkX1tfAU?t=50s Shadow Warrior devs roasted Polygon lol. History will be repeated by Polish dev.

This is the "gameaplay" BoxRekt (casual nongamer) enjoys:

Loading Video...

#32 Edited by Kali-B1rd (2242 posts) -

And what was the Witcher 3 king of exactly?

Felt more like the "sum of its parts" kinda game.

• Indepth choices, but the story was bland.
  • Combat system was weaker than alternatives.
  • RPG -stats/gear/character progression was bland
  • Boss fights were rare and not that engaging (guess combat again)
  • Graphics did not age as well as other games.

King of what?

Dangeling on the end of my top 5 RPGs this gen:

Divinity Original Sin 2
Pillars of Eternity 2
Bloodborne
does Path of Exile count this gen?
Witcher 3

Wasn't the best CRPG, wasn't the best Action RPG ... I mean, king of what? It was a good game ... but I can't explain why I liked it... it did everything.... but nothing the best.

#33 Edited by Sevenizz (4019 posts) -

Don’t care about either tbh. RPGs are boring in the gameplay department.