Cyberpunk 2077 so bad, it resurected Crowbcat to make a video

  • 99 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36420

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 36420 Posts
@st_monica said:

These hilarious AIs are accurately represented in the video. They are really bad.

It's strange how GTA IV and even Assassin's Creed (Origins) can pull off a living breathing world, but with Cyberpunk the AI just walks from one side to the other and back :/

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

6940

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#52 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 6940 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@st_monica said:

These hilarious AIs are accurately represented in the video. They are really bad.

It's strange how GTA IV and even Assassin's Creed (Origins) can pull off a living breathing world, but with Cyberpunk the AI just walks from one side to the other and back :/

Please for the love of god

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36420

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#53 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 36420 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Please for the love of god

They had this system where animals are on a day and night cycle and behave and hunt realistically. It was coded in...

I'm not kidding.

Avatar image for Vaasman
Vaasman

14822

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 14822 Posts

Interesting how bad you guys need youtubers to validate opinions. I still remember the beginning of December when yall linked them over and over to circlejerk shitting on the gamespot review, only for it to pretty much be right. Now it's a hard turn to youtubers who will shit on the the game itself. Funny that.

At this point I'm actually amazed none of you made a thread for the Angry Joe review.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

6940

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#55 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 6940 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

Please for the love of god

They had this system where animals are on a day and night cycle and behave and hunt realistically. It was coded in...

I'm not kidding.

I mean that's cool, but you won't be noticing these kind of things while playing. The actual npc's ai is what's important since you'll be seeing and interacting with them constantly, and they were and always will be laughable in AssCreed.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10679

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#56 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10679 Posts

@Vaasman: oh noes what are we gonna do. Anyway, enjoy ~

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36420

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 36420 Posts

@hardwenzen: True, those merchants for example you meet in AC: Valhalla are pretty bad and their animations don't even match with what they are saying or doing.

Still, I don't recall AC npc's just walking in a circle.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36420

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#58 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 36420 Posts

@Vaasman: Where did crowbcat shit on the game? He doesn't present a single opinion, and never does.

It's just a funny video, even for fans of the game I'd say.

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

27317

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#59 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 27317 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Holy crap it's 40 minutes long.

I watched the first 15 minutes. A complete and utter waste of time. The only thing that happened was the showing of all the bugs all other youtubers have posted already, and comparisons between CP and much older games.

Not sure how the rest of the video was, but probably just as pointless.

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6768

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#60 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6768 Posts

@ProtossRushX: You don’t game. You don’t get to comment.

Avatar image for Planeforger
Planeforger

18592

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#61 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 18592 Posts

I have literally never heard of this person.

And yeah, add me to the list of people in this thread who actually played the game and really enjoyed it. I got 90+ hours out of it, and haven't even gone back for the various endings.

If they add more features and some expansions, awesome, I guess I'll replay it and enjoy it even more?

Avatar image for appariti0n
appariti0n

3467

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#62 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 3467 Posts

@xantufrog: I really dig how some of the dialog choices are actually super important, contrary to what most were thinking when this launched.

Of course, my last hard save is about 25 hours back, so I guess I'll save the secret ending for another full playthrough in a year or two.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

47070

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#63 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47070 Posts

As much as I enjoy hating on this game because the developer is grossly overrated and gamers/journalist have been offering non stop praise to this game prior to launch despite nothing to back their praise, this is

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36420

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#64 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 36420 Posts

@Litchie said:
@madrocketeer said:

Holy crap it's 40 minutes long.

I watched the first 15 minutes. A complete and utter waste of time. The only thing that happened was the showing of all the bugs all other youtubers have posted already, and comparisons between CP and much older games.

Not sure how the rest of the video was, but probably just as pointless.

In the second half of the video he compares details of Cyberpunk to games like Saint's Row 1, GTA San Andreas, Mafia and even that Lego Undercover game.

I don't tend to watch 40 minute youtube videos, but if it's Crowbcat I'm grabbing the popcorn and enjoy the show!

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

27317

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#65 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 27317 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Litchie said:
@madrocketeer said:

Holy crap it's 40 minutes long.

I watched the first 15 minutes. A complete and utter waste of time. The only thing that happened was the showing of all the bugs all other youtubers have posted already, and comparisons between CP and much older games.

Not sure how the rest of the video was, but probably just as pointless.

In the second half of the video he compares details of Cyberpunk to games like Saint's Row 1, GTA San Andreas, Mafia and even that Lego Undercover game.

I don't tend to watch 40 minute youtube videos, but if it's Crowbcat I'm grabbing the popcorn and enjoy the show!

Yeah, saw that too. Completely pointless. I've seen countless other youtubers do that already. Thanks for confirming the whole video was useless though.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10679

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#66 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10679 Posts

Hopefully Internet Historian will comeback as well. His Fallout 76 and No Man Sky video have such a high production value, and a fun watch as well.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36420

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#67  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 36420 Posts

@Litchie said:

Yeah, saw that too. Completely pointless. I've seen countless other youtubers do that already. Thanks for confirming the whole video was useless though.

Shame you feel that way, but ok. I personally think Crowbcat's videos are on point.

I've so far avoided every single video showing any sort of gameplay for Cyberpunk (including E3 showcases). I knew this was going to be about the bugs, not spoilers, so I decided to watch this.

I had a good laugh, and I still want to play Cyberpunk later down the line.

My 2 cents.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

6940

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#68 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 6940 Posts

@Litchie said:
@madrocketeer said:

Holy crap it's 40 minutes long.

I watched the first 15 minutes. A complete and utter waste of time. The only thing that happened was the showing of all the bugs all other youtubers have posted already, and comparisons between CP and much older games.

Not sure how the rest of the video was, but probably just as pointless.

Its not just showing bugs, its also reminding us all the promisses compared to the final product and compare ten plus old games (in the Mafia case, an almost 20 years old game lmao) compared to CP2077, a game from Q4 2020. Don't know what there is not to like.

Avatar image for xantufrog
xantufrog

15232

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#69 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 15232 Posts

@appariti0n: right?

Avatar image for SOedipus
SOedipus

13072

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#70 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 13072 Posts

The comparisons to those older games in regards to the AI.....yikes.

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

38334

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#71 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 38334 Posts

I am looking forward to seeing how their major updates won't do shit to make the game enjoyable.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36420

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#72 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 36420 Posts

@SOedipus: With AI this bad they should've just made a multiplayer game, lmao

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

6940

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#73 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 6940 Posts

Zero water physics is so pathetic to see in a video game released in 2020. Laughable.

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
ProtossRushX

8856

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#74 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 8856 Posts

@sealionact said:

@ProtossRushX: You don’t game. You don’t get to comment.

Have 120 star'd like 20 files for Mario 64
Have 120 star'd like 20 files for Mario 64
Casually beat bloodborne and the secret end boss 100% plat on FF12 zodiac age on PS4 and Steam
Casually beat bloodborne and the secret end boss 100% plat on FF12 zodiac age on PS4 and Steam
Casually has 2 High Warlord in Original Vanilla WoW on Illidan
Casually has 2 High Warlord in Original Vanilla WoW on Illidan

Bro the only one who doesn't game is you. Your trash bro. Your garbage you don't game xbox guys don't game at all i've been gaming for centurties befor eyou were born. Playing combat on atari 2600 while you were pretending to be on system wars fighting real gamers like me.

Get outa here dude. /shooo

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6768

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#75  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6768 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@sealionact said:

@ProtossRushX: You don’t game. You don’t get to comment.

Have 120 star'd like 20 files for Mario 64
Have 120 star'd like 20 files for Mario 64
Casually beat bloodborne and the secret end boss 100% plat on FF12 zodiac age on PS4 and Steam
Casually beat bloodborne and the secret end boss 100% plat on FF12 zodiac age on PS4 and Steam
Casually has 2 High Warlord in Original Vanilla WoW on Illidan
Casually has 2 High Warlord in Original Vanilla WoW on Illidan

Bro the only one who doesn't game is you. Your trash bro. Your garbage you don't game xbox guys don't game at all i've been gaming for centurties befor eyou were born. Playing combat on atari 2600 while you were pretending to be on system wars fighting real gamers like me.

Get outa here dude. /shooo

We’ve been over this... you don’t have Xbox live, you havent played your PS4 since 2019 and you cancelled your ninty online. You play with the slowest wifi on a non 4K tv and spend more time on these forums than actually gaming.

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
ProtossRushX

8856

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#76 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 8856 Posts

@sealionact said:

We’ve been over this... you don’t have Xbox live, you havent played your PS4 since 2019 and you cancelled your ninty online. You play with the slowest wifi on a non 4K tv and spend more time on these forums than actually gaming.

Yeah I canceled xbox live im not paying 100 dollars a year for garbage online when I can play for free on PC.

I do have nintendo online look at the hours player SNES app 15 just last month dude. Do some research man jesus you look like a buffoon on here like all other xbox guys.

At least just look at read for once.

My PC Is hardwired ethernet connection it doesn't have wifi even as an option. My Switch Lite is rocking online and my monitor is a 3440x1440p Dell Ultrawide.

I have a 30 inch samsung TV that is 1080p why would buy a 4k tv when I can play all my PC games in widescreen 3440x1440p which looks better than 4k on steam. Think about that dude. Think about it hard then when your brain accepts reality just do a 180 and just walk away dude.

Avatar image for pimphand_gamer
PimpHand_Gamer

3005

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#77 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3005 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@st_monica said:

These hilarious AIs are accurately represented in the video. They are really bad.

It's strange how GTA IV and even Assassin's Creed (Origins) can pull off a living breathing world, but with Cyberpunk the AI just walks from one side to the other and back :/

Haven't played CP but I watched several videos comparing the physics of Rockstar and Ubi games to CP and it's kind of jaw dropping how lackluster CP is in direct comparison illustrating how good RDR 2's world detail and physics are. Typically in games when a developer pushes features in a given genre, it becomes expected to see that in future games of the same genre.

If anyone recalls, MGS 2 was one of the first if not THE first game to have breakable glass bottles and such. This soon became the norm. Sadly Rockstar has done several things for quite a while that CDPR flat out ignored, likely for sake of saving development time or perhaps just lack of leadership but it should be expected that if you shoot bullets into water, that the water will show some splash or something.....maybe in future patches or mods but at this point I have no real interest in buying another open world game that takes place in a shell

Avatar image for Vaasman
Vaasman

14822

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#78  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 14822 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Vaasman: Where did crowbcat shit on the game? He doesn't present a single opinion, and never does.

It's just a funny video, even for fans of the game I'd say.

Literally the title of the video is Overpromise, Sell, Underdeliver. Not to mention the messaging of the video is abundantly obvious. Don't be dense.

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
ProtossRushX

8856

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#79 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 8856 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

@Vaasman: Where did crowbcat shit on the game? He doesn't present a single opinion, and never does.

It's just a funny video, even for fans of the game I'd say.

Literally the title of the video is Overpromise, Sell, Underdeliver. Not to mention the messaging of the video is abundantly obvious. Don't be dense.

Yeah but nobody should get beat by Lego Undercity 2013 wiiU in car AI. It shouldn't happen in 2020 like wth man. Its impossible for it to be worse than that.

Avatar image for SOedipus
SOedipus

13072

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#80 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 13072 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

@Vaasman: Where did crowbcat shit on the game? He doesn't present a single opinion, and never does.

It's just a funny video, even for fans of the game I'd say.

Literally the title of the video is Overpromise, Sell, Underdeliver. Don't be dense.

The title of the video is just a fact, it's not like "this game is shit, don't play it". Don't be so sensitive. You might like the game but it's clearly not finished.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36420

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#81 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 36420 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Yeah but nobody should get beat by Lego Undercity 2013 wiiU in car AI. It shouldn't happen in 2020 like wth man. Its impossible for it to be worse than that.

Yeah man, I was caught by surprise by his inclusion of Lego Undercover city.

I mean he does compare this open world game located in a city to a good variety of games. And Cyberpunk falls short.

Even if Cyberpunk chose to refine other aspects instead... I mean you can't just skip out on NPC AI and driver AI like that without anyone noticing.

Avatar image for Vaasman
Vaasman

14822

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#82  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 14822 Posts

@SOedipus said:
@Vaasman said:

Literally the title of the video is Overpromise, Sell, Underdeliver. Don't be dense.

The title of the video is just a fact, it's not like "this game is shit, don't play it". Don't be so sensitive. You might like the game but it's clearly not finished.

lol I'm well aware it isn't finished and it's in a crap state. Unlike half of the shitposters here I actually played the game and beat it. And no, it's 100% not a fact, from many perspectives and for many elements it could easily be argued they delivered, it's not like the game is irredeemable by any means. The video is all about what doesn't work, and none about what does. It's goal and message is plain as day.

Point I'm making is less about the video anyway, and more about System Wars' love of bad hype-to-hate circlejerks and using alt-media for confirmation bias.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36420

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#83  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 36420 Posts

@Vaasman said:

lol I'm well aware it isn't finished and it's in a crap state. Unlike half of the shitposters here I actually played the game and beat it. And no, it's 100% not a fact, from many perspectives and for many elements it could easily be argued they delivered, it's not like the game is irredeemable by any means. The video is all about what doesn't work, and none about what does. It's goal and message is plain as day.

Point I'm making is less about the video anyway, and more about System Wars' love of bad hype-to-hate circlejerks and using alt-media for confirmation bias.

Cyberpunk may have a lot of redeeming qualities, but it was CD Projekt reds choice to hype it up this much and to hype it up with fake bullshit trailers and statements.

The fact that they, and the game, fell flat on its nose has everything to do with themselves and their behaviour.

And has absolutely nothing to do with youtubers whose opinions you may or may not like and shitposters on a message board.

Lets look outside youtube and gamespot here for a moment.

After a month:

- The game is already receiving discounts of 50% on consoles

- The playerbase on steam fell from 1,054,388 to just little over 60,000

Which speaks more to the quality of the game than any youtube video or poster on a message board ever could.

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6768

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#84 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6768 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@sealionact said:

We’ve been over this... you don’t have Xbox live, you havent played your PS4 since 2019 and you cancelled your ninty online. You play with the slowest wifi on a non 4K tv and spend more time on these forums than actually gaming.

Yeah I canceled xbox live im not paying 100 dollars a year for garbage online when I can play for free on PC.

I do have nintendo online look at the hours player SNES app 15 just last month dude. Do some research man jesus you look like a buffoon on here like all other xbox guys.

At least just look at read for once.

My PC Is hardwired ethernet connection it doesn't have wifi even as an option. My Switch Lite is rocking online and my monitor is a 3440x1440p Dell Ultrawide.

I have a 30 inch samsung TV that is 1080p why would buy a 4k tv when I can play all my PC games in widescreen 3440x1440p which looks better than 4k on steam. Think about that dude. Think about it hard then when your brain accepts reality just do a 180 and just walk away dude.

lol...you come up with such gibberish that you confuse yourself. You were the one who said you were cancelling ninty online....

So no Xbox, no ps4. Didnt buy any of the PS4 games you keep telling us are so great, and you knock cp2077 which you’ve never played.

Absolute gibberish.

Avatar image for Vaasman
Vaasman

14822

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#85 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 14822 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Vaasman said:

lol I'm well aware it isn't finished and it's in a crap state. Unlike half of the shitposters here I actually played the game and beat it. And no, it's 100% not a fact, from many perspectives and for many elements it could easily be argued they delivered, it's not like the game is irredeemable by any means. The video is all about what doesn't work, and none about what does. It's goal and message is plain as day.

Point I'm making is less about the video anyway, and more about System Wars' love of bad hype-to-hate circlejerks and using alt-media for confirmation bias.

Cyberpunk may have a lot of redeeming qualities, but it was CD Projekt reds choice to hype it up this much and to hype it up with fake bullshit trailers and statements.

The fact that they, and the game, fell flat on its nose has everything to do with themselves and their behaviour.

And has absolutely nothing to do with youtubers whose opinions you may or may not like and shitposters on a message board.

Lets look outside youtube and gamespot here for a moment.

After a month:

- The game is already receiving discounts of 50% on consoles

- The playerbase on steam fell from 1,054,388 to just little over 60,000

Speaks more to the quality of the game than any youtube video or poster on a message board ever could.

Again, not facts. Game sold a shitload and at least for the PC version has received general acclaim. That you think the hype was too much is also an opinion.

-Discounts on consoles there isn't much argument for, they are the worst versions. Reminder that I'm not saying the game's 10/10 perfect and the video is wrong like you seem to think I'm saying.

-It's a single player game that can be beaten in anywhere from 15 hours to maybe 150 hours for completionists. It's dropoff is in-line with virtually every other contemporary on Steam. Has nothing to do with quality. But of course when you're already foaming at the mouth to hate a game it sure sounds nice to shit on active player base like it matters.

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
ProtossRushX

8856

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#86  Edited By ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 8856 Posts

@sealionact said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@sealionact said:

We’ve been over this... you don’t have Xbox live, you havent played your PS4 since 2019 and you cancelled your ninty online. You play with the slowest wifi on a non 4K tv and spend more time on these forums than actually gaming.

Yeah I canceled xbox live im not paying 100 dollars a year for garbage online when I can play for free on PC.

I do have nintendo online look at the hours player SNES app 15 just last month dude. Do some research man jesus you look like a buffoon on here like all other xbox guys.

At least just look at read for once.

My PC Is hardwired ethernet connection it doesn't have wifi even as an option. My Switch Lite is rocking online and my monitor is a 3440x1440p Dell Ultrawide.

I have a 30 inch samsung TV that is 1080p why would buy a 4k tv when I can play all my PC games in widescreen 3440x1440p which looks better than 4k on steam. Think about that dude. Think about it hard then when your brain accepts reality just do a 180 and just walk away dude.

lol...you come up with such gibberish that you confuse yourself. You were the one who said you were cancelling ninty online....

So no Xbox, no ps4. Didnt buy any of the PS4 games you keep telling us are so great, and you knock cp2077 which you’ve never played.

Absolute gibberish.

I actually do own CP2077. I said i preordered it on steam for 60 bux...I haven't played it yet cuz it looks like garbage currently and waiting for them to patch the game to where people say its great.

When did I say i was canceling Ninty online? I'm always gonna keep it for the SNES and NES games alone.

And I do own xb1 I do own ps4 and I play on PC instead right now whats wrong with that?

Why would i turn on my xb1 or ps4 when i can play on my gtx 1070 ftw and use steam right now unless I was a complete idiot?

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

36420

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#87 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 36420 Posts

@Vaasman said:

Again, not facts. Game sold a shitload and at least for the PC version has received general acclaim. That you think the hype was too much is also an opinion.

-Discounts on consoles there isn't much argument for, they are the worst versions. Reminder that I'm not saying the game's 10/10 perfect and the video is wrong like you seem to think I'm saying.

-It's a single player game that can be beaten in anywhere from 15 hours to maybe 150 hours for completionists. It's dropoff is in-line with virtually every other contemporary on Steam. Has nothing to do with quality. But of course when you're already foaming at the mouth to hate a game it sure sounds nice to shit on active player base like it matters.

So come at me with facts, then.

Don't call me foaming at the mouth to hate the game and then put everything everyone else says as: Oh, but it's not facts.

The fact that so much of the playerbase has dropped off does have to do with the quality of the game. The fact that console gamers have already moved on and aren't interested in this game anymore has everything to do with the quality of this game.

"Game sold a shitload" is already proof enough of what CD projekt Red's strategy was:

'Overpromise, Sell, Underdeliver'

Avatar image for Vaasman
Vaasman

14822

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#88  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 14822 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Vaasman said:

Again, not facts. Game sold a shitload and at least for the PC version has received general acclaim. That you think the hype was too much is also an opinion.

-Discounts on consoles there isn't much argument for, they are the worst versions. Reminder that I'm not saying the game's 10/10 perfect and the video is wrong like you seem to think I'm saying.

-It's a single player game that can be beaten in anywhere from 15 hours to maybe 150 hours for completionists. It's dropoff is in-line with virtually every other contemporary on Steam. Has nothing to do with quality. But of course when you're already foaming at the mouth to hate a game it sure sounds nice to shit on active player base like it matters.

So come at me with facts, then.

Don't call me foaming at the mouth to hate the game and then put everything everyone else says as: Oh, but it's not facts.

The fact that so much of the playerbase has dropped off does have to do with the quality of the game. The fact that console gamers have already moved on and aren't interested in this game anymore has everything to do with the quality of this game.

"Game sold a shitload" is already proof enough of what CD projekt Red's strategy was:

'Overpromise, Sell, Underdeliver'

You are definitely deeply rooted in the game 'underdelivering' as a fact when it simply is not, so yes, foaming. Popular opinion maybe, but not a fact. Asking me for facts in this case is about as valuable as asking me to prove a negative.

Again, single player game, player based dropoff's fully in line with other games. Meaningless statistic unless you're trying to confirm bias. For example, Doom Eternal had just as bad or worse of a dropoff, and was better polished and had multiplayer. A majority of players never finish several similar games they bought, including but not limited to GTA 5, RDR2, Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, Disco Elysium, and all have near equally heavy dropoff in the first month. It's simply not a good indicator of quality, especially with several external factors that can contribute to dropoff.

Avatar image for hardwenzen
hardwenzen

6940

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#89 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 6940 Posts

Some of you are using a white font? 🤮🤮🤮

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10679

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#90 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10679 Posts

@Vaasman said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@Vaasman said:

Again, not facts. Game sold a shitload and at least for the PC version has received general acclaim. That you think the hype was too much is also an opinion.

-Discounts on consoles there isn't much argument for, they are the worst versions. Reminder that I'm not saying the game's 10/10 perfect and the video is wrong like you seem to think I'm saying.

-It's a single player game that can be beaten in anywhere from 15 hours to maybe 150 hours for completionists. It's dropoff is in-line with virtually every other contemporary on Steam. Has nothing to do with quality. But of course when you're already foaming at the mouth to hate a game it sure sounds nice to shit on active player base like it matters.

So come at me with facts, then.

Don't call me foaming at the mouth to hate the game and then put everything everyone else says as: Oh, but it's not facts.

The fact that so much of the playerbase has dropped off does have to do with the quality of the game. The fact that console gamers have already moved on and aren't interested in this game anymore has everything to do with the quality of this game.

"Game sold a shitload" is already proof enough of what CD projekt Red's strategy was:

'Overpromise, Sell, Underdeliver'

You are definitely deeply rooted in the game 'underdelivering' as a fact when it simply is not, so yes, foaming. Popular opinion maybe, but not a fact. Asking me for facts in this case is about as valuable as asking me to prove a negative.

Again, single player game, player based dropoff's fully in line with other games. Meaningless statistic unless you're trying to confirm bias. For example, Doom Eternal had just as bad or worse of a dropoff, and was better polished and had multiplayer. A majority of players never finish several similar games they bought, including but not limited to GTA 5, RDR2, Witcher 3, Pillars of Eternity, Disco Elysium, and all have near equally heavy dropoff in the first month. It's simply not a good indicator of quality, especially with several external factors that can contribute to dropoff.

Disagree. Single player games does have drop off number of players but Cyberpunk has unusually steep decline.

Almost all games you mentioned have great average monthly concurent playerbase for 3 month and GTA 5, RDR 2, Witcher 3, Path of Exile, Disco Elysiumstill maintain a great average monthly concurent players. The only outlier is Pillar of Eternity but probably due to niche nature of the game compared all other you mentioned. You can check them stats on steamcharts and you are welcome.

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6768

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#91 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6768 Posts

@ProtossRushX: See this is the problem with people like you who prefer trashing other systems over enjoying the ones they own; you’ll say anything to suit your argument.

You talk so much rubbish, it’s impossible for you to remember what your actual views are...this was you;

“ I'm playing all my games free on PC I don't really need the subscription services to play online anymore. The Nintendo one was cheap but I'm tired of snes/nes games I already beat them and am done with the online now.”

You’re so used to shifting goalposts that you confuse yourself. I said you didn’t play cp2077, you answer “I bought cp2077 but haven’t played it yet”.

Yup, you’re confused again.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

47070

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 68

User Lists: 0

#92 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 47070 Posts

@sealionact: Step one, don't respond to him. Step two, ignore him. Step three, return to step 1.😂

Avatar image for sealionact
sealionact

6768

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#93 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6768 Posts

@Pedro said:

@sealionact: Step one, don't respond to him. Step two, ignore him. Step three, return to step 1.😂

Unlike certain characters , I’m here for the fun... watching Protoss try and wriggle his way out of situations he puts himself in is hysterical.

Avatar image for appariti0n
appariti0n

3467

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#94 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 3467 Posts

@Vaasman: Right now, its essentially a longer version of Outerworlds, with actual Parkour, and way better/longer side quests. Oh, and way more possible character builds. Also has probably one of the most gorgeous open world cities created to date.

But apparently to some, it's the worst game ever, because it does not have better vehicle mechanics than grand theft auto, or interaction with water. And the AI for civilians is braindead.

Typical glass half empty mentality.

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

10679

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#95 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10679 Posts

Updated to include Forbes article as per below:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/01/18/crowbcats-40-minute-indictment-of-cyberpunk-2077-is-a-must-watch/

Avatar image for Fairmonkey
Fairmonkey

1966

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#96 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 1966 Posts

Cyberpunk is an unbelievably bad game. I don't think they can fix it for me. They would have to redo the entire thing

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

21437

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#97 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 21437 Posts

@ezekiel43: So he's a nobody that doesn't talk, ok then.

40mins of nothingness then 🤣🤣🤣

Avatar image for moistcarrot
Moistcarrot

1108

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#98 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1108 Posts

Who?

Avatar image for Litchie
Litchie

27317

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#99 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 27317 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@ezekiel43: So he's a nobody that doesn't talk, ok then.

40mins of nothingness then 🤣🤣🤣

Pretty much. Just shows all the bugs thousands of other youtubers already have shown. No idea what the point with the video was.

Hey guys, look! I can also show you the bugs! Notice meeee.