deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I really hope they don't pull this shit again I've had it with all the downgrades this generation it's false advertising and I always find it weird that the CD projekt Red fanboys will defend The Witcher's 3 downgrade but then criticize Ubisoft for it. Lets just hope the devs are talking about the gameplay and not the visuals. Graphics may not be everything but when you show that much footage of a game and get people hyped and then drop the graphics quality it's a massive let down Cyberpunk 2077 main strength is it's atmosphere and graphics.

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cyberpunk-2077-developer-i-would-say-that-the-game-is-pretty-different-to-what-we-shown-last-year/

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

They said different.... not downgraded. But who knows.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44137 Posts

Meh. I generally don’t get too bent out of shape when games get downgraded from what they looked like when first shown off. Even if Cyberpunk 2077 gets downgraded I’m sure it will still look great graphically and be an excellent game overall.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

The whole trailer had a disclaimer about not being a final product. The developers were pretty clear about it and even said that the polemics about the Witcher 3 downgrade made them have second thoughts on releasing early game footage. But even after all this I'm pretty sure some gamers will find a way to be offended, because of course they will.

Anyway, I wonder if the PS will be the only platform censuring the game. That would be a big stain on Sony at the end of the gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

The witcher 3, even with a "downgrade", was a marvel. Besides, on PC you can just mod it to look however you want.

I trust CDPR.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24914 Posts

graphics are only good thing about CDPR. thier gameplay suck. no hope for cyberpunk.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Well the graphics will be downgraded... They almost always are to some degree, a lot of developers HAVE to do in order to get a game running at a steady frame rate last thing you want a is a 2x performance difference going from area to area usually the first things to be dropped is the level of detail and the lighting simply because depending on the area/scene the lighting can kill performance along with the level of detail with Cyberpunk the lighting and level of detail may be fine in a small room or building complex but the moment you go into a busy scene filled with 100 or so moving NPC the level of detail and lighting if its too advance will destroy the performance regardless of the gpu you have.

Just look at the scene where they take the elevator down... That will not look like that, sure maybe if 1080/30 was the target with a 8-10 TFLOP GPU but with current and next generation consoles targeting 4K that are will undoubtedly change and the lighting in general will get worse. This will also affect PC as I am sure this won't just be a drop in setting for consoles but a change made during the development of the game.

Here is a example below from The Witcher 3: Lighting and level of detail where the biggest change.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@XVision84 said:

The witcher 3, even with a "downgrade", was a marvel. Besides, on PC you can just mod it to look however you want.

I trust CDPR.

The mods I've seen can never match that E3 Demo and I don't trust CDPR hell I don't trust any game company nobody should.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

Yeah, my burger at McDonalds was downgraded too!

The outrage! To think they lured me into thinking what is advertised is exactly what I am going to get. Next you'll be telling me that cool red sports car is not going to get me laid.

@warmblur said:
@XVision84 said:

I trust CDPR.

The mods I've seen can never match that E3 Demo and I don't trust CDPR hell I don't trust any game company nobody should.

It's not about trust, it is about realistic expectations.

In other words, trusting yourself to keep things in perspective. Do you really think current-gen hardware will make the game look that nice in a non-demo environment?

Look, I don't like it any more than you, I wish we got what was advertised, but the truth is we A.) sort of do get what is advertised, and B.) need to realize that the ads convey a version of the truth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@warmblur: There are E3 reshade mods to make it look like the E3 demo. There are other mods (HD textures, lighting mods, effects mods, etc.) that make it look dramatically better than even that.

I can understand your sentiment to not trust gaming companies, but I still do. I believe that any company or individual deserves to be credited/recognized for their hard work.

CDPR has been good to their fans, released fantastic dlc, and 3 stellar games. I would personally give them the benefit of the doubt over other companies like Bethesda who do not have that track record.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Over rated developer, aside from that though, every multi plat game is downgraded.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah, my burger at McDonalds was downgraded too!

The outrage! To think they lured me into thinking what is advertised is exactly what I am going to get. Next you'll be telling me that cool red sports car is not going to get me laid.

@warmblur said:
@XVision84 said:

I trust CDPR.

It's not about trust, it is about realistic expectations.

In other words, trusting yourself to keep things in perspective. Do you really think current-gen hardware will make the game look that nice in a non-demo environment?

Look, I don't like it any more than you, I wish we got what was advertised, but the truth is we A.) sort of do get what is advertised, and B.) need to realize that the ads convey a version of the truth.

Loading Video...

PS: There's no reason to downgrade the PC version and if they do it for parity they are just as bad as Ubisoft.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#13 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

They were pretty up front last year about being hesitant to show that gameplay demo for exactly this reason - they said it would change! and they predicted people would freak out when it inevitably did.

games changing over the course of development is not always the same as intentionally misleading consumers with false advertising.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@Random_Matt said:

Over rated developer, aside from that though, every multi plat game is downgraded.

Agree on that but I don't agree that every Multiplatform is downgraded unless you're talking about the Switch versions.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56062 Posts

If you don't want to see a larger downgrade, play Cyberpunk 2077 on PC. The reality is, the hardware in the current consoles will play the game, but that's it. Witcher 3 on console vs PC was clearly day & night.

Every game gets a pre-alpha to layout the general look and feel, and what they do during post-production is optimize and make artistic changes to run as optimally as possible on the platforms it has to run on. It was the same bullshit those whiny Xbox One fanboys were complaining about with Spider-man PS4, which turned out to be an upgrade in visuals in the end product. At the end of the day, I'm buying Cyberpunk 2077 on PC so this whole thing doesn't bother me.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#16  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

I learned not to get too hyped for games. Metal Gear Solid 2 was the game that ruined it for me. All the awesome pre-launch stuff with Solid Snake and then you got stuck playing with that panzy Raiden for most of the game. That really pissed me off. I just judge the final product these days.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@davillain-: My man Davillain hitting the nail on the head as usual ✊

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

And you simple minded PC and xbots try to argue against next generation adoption but are crying because a dev is trying to maximize on current gen saturation?

lmfao!

The graphics of 2077 aren't even really impressive for a "next-gen" game even though it's considered cross-gen by the developers.

But THIS is what you get when devs choose to stagnate a game's potential by sticking to old current gen development.

Thank goodness for Sony or we might be stuck with current gen development because of idiots like those here in system wars who advocate that next gen only be mid-gen refreshes.

IF 2077 is downgraded, it's because they were force to pull back development in order to maintain playability for current gen 1.8 and 1.3TF PS4 and xbox one systems.

THIS is why generations are important! Sony will boldly move that base development line with PS5 exclusives and then force other devs to follow.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Switch version confirmed

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

@howmakewood said:

Switch version confirmed

Maybe they got the hint from MS about 2 billion gamers and will make it compatible with ios and android as well :D.

Awesome, right guys? Play anywhere on anything even google watch, yesss!

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I didn't take away that at all from reading the article. That being said demo was probably not running on a base Ps4... Anyway I think it will be tempting to get this game on next gen in 2020.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@davillain- said:

If you don't want to see a larger downgrade, play Cyberpunk 2077 on PC. The reality is, the hardware in the current consoles will play the game, but that's it. Witcher 3 on console vs PC was clearly day & night.

Every game gets a pre-alpha to layout the general look and feel, and what they do during post-production is optimize and make artistic changes to run as optimally as possible on the platforms it has to run on. It was the same bullshit those whiny Xbox One fanboys were complaining about with Spider-man PS4, which turned out to be an upgrade in visuals in the end product. At the end of the day, I'm buying Cyberpunk 2077 on PC so this whole thing doesn't bother me.

Yep when I saw all those NPCs on screen filling the city that was first thing I expected to get downgraded if not then I expect a lot less them on screen on consoles similar to what happened with The Witcher 3.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69412 Posts

The game is over hyped so its guarantee to disappoint.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

It's why I never get too hyped for game reveals at big shows like E3, TGS, GDC etc. No doubt MS and Sony will be in full bullshot form when they unveil their consoles with the little words " in engine footage/ real-time". Almost all games are downgraded in some way and it's hard to think of many games outside Nintendo in-house stuff that look better than the reveal. My only problem is what and where did this allegedly gameplay come from? Even PC ports are downgraded, why not keep the bullshot version and port it to high-end PCs? Instead they get higher res, faster framerates console crumbs.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@nfamouslegend said:

It's why I never get too hyped for game reveals at big shows like E3, TGS, GDC etc. No doubt MS and Sony will be in full bullshot form when they unveil their consoles with the little words " in engine footage/ real-time". Almost all games are downgraded in some way and it's hard to think of many games outside Nintendo in-house stuff that look better than the reveal. My only problem is what and where did this allegedly gameplay come from? Even PC ports are downgraded, why not keep the bullshot version and port it to high-end PCs? Instead they get higher res, faster framerates console crumbs.

The answer is rather simple, the changes made are not after the game is developed meaning the bull shots are not some hidden setting you can just enable on PC... The bull shots 2-3 years prior to release even the ones that are in game usually are graphically too demanding and the game is during development scaled down to a more reliable version and a lot of features are scrapped entirely or completely overhauled like lighting the TOD of certain scenes.

The PC version regardless of being a port from console or originally PC then ported to consoles is same version so their its always the same game minus resolution, framerate and AF/AA texture quality and in general features.

Those bullshot versions are scrapped for a reason... They offer unreliable performance and even if your on GTX 2080 Ti PC the last thing you want is to have 80FPS on one scene then a few minutes later drop down to 30-40FPS because the lighting is so advance that the moment your in a scene with a different TOD your framerate is chopped in half.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Finally, they fixed the UI of the game. I think that is what they meant by different.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

They should have released this on next gen consoles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@davillain- said:

I own the PC version never played the console versions but judging from this video the biggest difference is PC has 60 FPS while consoles have 30. I'm sure there's other differences but I don't see the night and day difference from the vanilla version of the game.

Loading Video...

Also I'm getting Cyberpunk 2077 on PC too but if they do downgrade it for console parity it will piss me off why should the PC version be nerfed to match console hardware every system should be able to be utilized for it's own strengths. It's like buying a sports car but you are not able to drive it on the road because it would make the other drivers jealous give me break only in the gaming world is this logic acceptable.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

@warmblur: Here's a better video, though it's only between the PS4 and PC.

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator

@lundy86_4 said:

Loading Video...

I own both versions, the PC however doesn't have that blur while PS4 does and locked 30fps. The PS4 version for me was to review it, I always play PC version and looking at DF comparison is clearly day/night. I never played the Xbox One version though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@lundy86_4 said:

Loading Video...

Yeah that's a bit better comparison it's no night in day at least for me. Here's a video of Crysis on PC compared to 360 this is night and day before parity ruined everything.

Loading Video...

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DaVillain  Moderator

@warmblur: One more thing I need to mention. When traveling to heavy city population such as Novigrad, that's when the CPU gets very intensive and both PS4/Xbox One using Jaguar, the number of NPC will be limited compare to on PC, it's not limited and can push the NPC as far as it can.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 NfamousLegend

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: But isn't this what PC gamers want? Don't they want games that punish their hardware like Crysis did? If I were a PC player that's what I would want otherwise just be shackled to console ports with higher framerates and res. Developers always claim to be strapped for time but always find the time to make bullshot gameplay reveals with assets that could be used.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

I don't really care much about the graphics, as long as the presentation is clean.

However, I do care about gameplay and performance. If both of those are subpar, I would care a lot about the game.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@nfamouslegend said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: But isn't this what PC gamers want? Don't they want games that punish their hardware like Crysis did? If I were a PC player that's what I would want otherwise just be shackled to console ports with higher framerates and res. Developers always claim to be strapped for time but always find the time to make bullshot gameplay reveals with assets that could be used.

You are a little confused with the subject of the topic. Let me help.

Crysis is a finished product... We are talking about a unfinished product here, Crysis tech demo also was bullshots and the final game didn't look like the demo it was a thing of subject back then and modders did their best to get it to that level after launch.

Loading Video...

So like I said before I don't think you people understand how development works... ALL amazing trailers/gameplay 1-3 years before the games launch are to some degree bullshots and will be downgraded to reach playable targets.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NfamousLegend

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: looks just like the final game on PC to me.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@nfamouslegend said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: looks just like the final game on PC to me.

Then you weren't there when it launched when modder's came out with Natural Mod and Crysis Realifesis. The DX10 trailer was even worse bullshot where even today through mods is hard to replicate:

Loading Video...

Just look at the comments... The Vanilla Crysis DID not look like the trailer demos at all and we all knew about it. You saying it does is your own pride not wanting to accept reality of what actually happened because its suits the subject that you clearly can't comprehend.. ALL GAMES SHOWN EARLY ARE DOWNGRADED!

Here's the higher resolution video... It was from GDC no user made, its from Crytek and the game did not look anything like the DX10 bullshot on launch not without modding and forced TOD settings.

Loading Video...

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#38 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

As long as the game is enjoyable i don't think i'll mind tooooo much..

Not really into first person only view..

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

If you seriously thought it would look like what the shown without any downgrades, there's something wrong with you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@npiet1 said:

If you seriously thought it would look like what the shown without any downgrades, there's something wrong with you.

I expect the PC version to look like it since it was running on a beefed up PC.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@warmblur: yeah keyword beefed up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@npiet1 said:

@warmblur: yeah keyword beefed up.

Yeah, true but that doesn't mean you need the highest end PC to run it unless you want to max it out I'm fine with running it on medium settings I can always upgrade my video card if I wanted so it's not a big deal. I rather have that then have the PC version downgraded because it might make console gamers hardware feel inferior boohoo.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@blackhairedhero said:

They said different.... not downgraded. But who knows.

Well it's certainly a downgrade if you don't play it on PC. Like most video games every gen.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

@zaryia: Yea that's not true. Im pretty sure PS5 or Xbox Anaconda will play it to the standards of what was shown. It seems you don't know what a downgrade actually is.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Even if they downgrade I'll just mod. Console kidz can enjoy the downgrade.