Cyberpunk 2077 MP will have microtransactions

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3567

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3567 Posts

I'm sure most of you probably have read this https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-spin-off-may-have-micro/1100-6471688/

But all I have to say is this Tweet is ironic and hilarious now.

We leave greed to others...

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

29044

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29044 Posts

Well that’s not really known yet. During a business call to investors he said that they were experimenting with ways of monetizing the multiplayer component of Cyberpunk 2077. That can mean a number of different things such as lootboxes, micro transactions, charging a fixed price for it as dlc, etc. It’s an unknown right now.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
freedomfreak

51434

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51434 Posts

It's a standalone F2P multiplayer only game. As long as this stuff isn't in the actual game, I don't care.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

36528

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 36528 Posts

Eddie Makuch, dudes well known for throwing out misleading titles and clicky rage-bait, at one point feedback was pretty much "The Eddie Makuch fanclub", full of salt. Salt everywhere.

CDP generally aren't knobheads, although success quickly poisons the well of the most esteemed companies once they get a team of scummy motherfuckers strategizing the best ways to steal your liver.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

11172

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11172 Posts

CDPR claim microtransaction are bad and we are savior.

CDPR then put microtransaction in their game.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

29044

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 29044 Posts

Thread title is misleading.

Avatar image for madrocketeer
madrocketeer

6838

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By madrocketeer  Online
Member since 2005 • 6838 Posts

This is the actual quote from that investor call:

"As far as the monetisation on the multiplayer for Cyberpunk is concerned, we believe right now it's definitely too early to share any details on that."

"The project is in a relatively early stage. We keep experimenting—this is our first multiplayer game, and we check different options and possibilities, and it's definitely not the time to point you to a certain specific direction on that."

“Of course you can expect that we won’t change our general policy towards ‘deals with gamers’ so I expect wise monetization and - always - value for money.”

Sounds like a) Cyberpunk MP is still a long way away, probably a year after SP's release, and b) they're still experimenting and looking at their options. Microtransactions not confirmed, and any monetization would be consistent with their existing policies and values.

But hey, you know, internet's gonna internet. React first, use brain cells later.

Avatar image for with_teeth26
with_teeth26

9764

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#8 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 9764 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

It's a standalone F2P multiplayer only game. As long as this stuff isn't in the actual game, I don't care.

yea if its mictrotransactions in a F2P spinoff I fail to see the problem

Avatar image for pyro1245
pyro1245

5586

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#9 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5586 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Thread title is misleading.

The marketing team prefers the term 'sensationalized'

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

8889

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 8889 Posts

@warmblur: Why are you being dishonest? Article says "may have microtransactions". You changed it to "will have".

Avatar image for cainetao11
cainetao11

37045

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#11 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 37045 Posts

Lets speculate!

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

3619

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 3619 Posts

TC should be a journalist

Avatar image for johnd13
johnd13

9846

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#13 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 9846 Posts

The microtransactions have nothing to do with the actual Cyberpunk 2077 single-player game everyone's hyped about. I couldn't care less what they do with Cyberpunk's MP component or spin-off game.

And to be honest, microtransactions are not inherently a bad thing. The problem is how most publishers decide to implement them.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3567

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#14 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3567 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@warmblur: Why are you being dishonest? Article says "may have microtransactions". You changed it to "will have".

I'm not being dishonest it's been confirmed.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/11/24/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-monetization/

As far as the monetization of multiplayer for Cyberpunk is concerned, we believe right now it’s definitely too early to share any details on that or give guidance; the project is in a relatively early stage. We keep experimenting – that’s our first multiplayer game. We check various options and possibilities, and it’s definitely not the time to point you to a specific direction on that. Of course you can expect that we won’t change our general policy towards “deals with gamers” so I expect wise monetization and – always – value for money.Read more at https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/11/24/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-monetization/#Uo9zzwBMAvl7EzrQ.99

Avatar image for lundy86_4
lundy86_4

54351

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 54351 Posts

MP is not part of the initial package, so irrelevant to the initial, and SP release of 2077. The quote is also non-committal. There is no outright confirmation, and it seems largely speculative.

Avatar image for Juub1990
Juub1990

8889

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 8889 Posts
@warmblur said:

I'm not being dishonest it's been confirmed.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/11/24/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-monetization/

As far as the monetization of multiplayer for Cyberpunk is concerned, we believe right now it’s definitely too early to share any details on that or give guidance; the project is in a relatively early stage. We keep experimenting – that’s our first multiplayer game. We check various options and possibilities, and it’s definitely not the time to point you to a specific direction on that. Of course you can expect that we won’t change our general policy towards “deals with gamers” so I expect wise monetization and – always – value for money.Read more at https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/11/24/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-monetization/#Uo9zzwBMAvl7EzrQ.99

Yes you are being dishonest. They'll monetize the game and there are other ways to do that besides microtransactions.

Avatar image for KungfuKitten
KungfuKitten

26940

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 0

#17 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 26940 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

This is the actual quote from that investor call:

"As far as the monetisation on the multiplayer for Cyberpunk is concerned, we believe right now it's definitely too early to share any details on that."

"The project is in a relatively early stage. We keep experimenting—this is our first multiplayer game, and we check different options and possibilities, and it's definitely not the time to point you to a certain specific direction on that."

“Of course you can expect that we won’t change our general policy towards ‘deals with gamers’ so I expect wise monetization and - always - value for money.”

Sounds like a) Cyberpunk MP is still a long way away, probably a year after SP's release, and b) they're still experimenting and looking at their options. Microtransactions not confirmed, and any monetization would be consistent with their existing policies and values.

But hey, you know, internet's gonna internet. React first, use brain cells later.

Thanks for calming my heart.

Avatar image for warmblur
warmblur

3567

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3567 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@warmblur said:

I'm not being dishonest it's been confirmed.

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/11/24/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-monetization/

As far as the monetization of multiplayer for Cyberpunk is concerned, we believe right now it’s definitely too early to share any details on that or give guidance; the project is in a relatively early stage. We keep experimenting – that’s our first multiplayer game. We check various options and possibilities, and it’s definitely not the time to point you to a specific direction on that. Of course you can expect that we won’t change our general policy towards “deals with gamers” so I expect wise monetization and – always – value for money.Read more at https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/11/24/cyberpunk-2077-multiplayer-monetization/#Uo9zzwBMAvl7EzrQ.99

Yes you are being dishonest. They'll monetize the game and there are other ways to do that besides microtransactions.

Believe whatever you want it's just a matter of time before CD Projekt Red has their own version of shark cards.

Avatar image for DragonfireXZ95
DragonfireXZ95

25756

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 25756 Posts

@with_teeth26 said:
@freedomfreak said:

It's a standalone F2P multiplayer only game. As long as this stuff isn't in the actual game, I don't care.

yea if its mictrotransactions in a F2P spinoff I fail to see the problem

Same. The model they use for Apex and Ring of Elysium is completely fine as a model. It's not designed to rip off players, and it allows players that might be interested to try it first. This is a non-issue.

Avatar image for vaidream45
Vaidream45

2077

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2077 Posts

I wasn’t even expecting a MP component to this game so if they are adding it in I hope they do monetize it so they can keep servers online. As long as they keep it away from the SP aspects then this is actually good news to me.

Avatar image for IgGy621985
IgGy621985

5578

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5578 Posts

Whatever. As long as they don't touch SP with micro-transactions, I don't care.

Avatar image for Planeforger
Planeforger

18171

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#22 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 18171 Posts

CDPR already have a game with microtransactions - Gwent.

People don't complain about it though, because the free to play model is fairly generous and the store is mainly for skins and backgrounds.

Avatar image for djoffer
djoffer

1595

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1595 Posts

So wait CDPR are trying to make money of their completely F2P MP game?? How dare they, we demand they work for free, these selfless bastards!!

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

39471

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39471 Posts

@IgGy621985 said:

Whatever. As long as they don't touch SP with micro-transactions, I don't care.

Same here. I already pre-order it on GoG anyways.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
R4gn4r0k

32113

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#25 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 32113 Posts

Just like with RDR2 I will skip the multiplayer and just focus on singleplayer.

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
Sushiglutton

7305

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#26 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 7305 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

This is the actual quote from that investor call:

"As far as the monetisation on the multiplayer for Cyberpunk is concerned, we believe right now it's definitely too early to share any details on that."

"The project is in a relatively early stage. We keep experimenting—this is our first multiplayer game, and we check different options and possibilities, and it's definitely not the time to point you to a certain specific direction on that."

“Of course you can expect that we won’t change our general policy towards ‘deals with gamers’ so I expect wise monetization and - always - value for money.”

Sounds like a) Cyberpunk MP is still a long way away, probably a year after SP's release, and b) they're still experimenting and looking at their options. Microtransactions not confirmed, and any monetization would be consistent with their existing policies and values.

But hey, you know, internet's gonna internet. React first, use brain cells later.

Thanks for clearing that up... Puts things in a very different perspective...

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
Cloud_imperium

15049

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 8

#27 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15049 Posts

1. MP will come after SP.

2. Who cares about MP of RPG.

3. Doesn't matter if it's not pay to win.

Avatar image for lamprey263
lamprey263

36293

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#28 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36293 Posts

Still getting it.

Avatar image for so_hai
so_hai

3916

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 0

#29 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 3916 Posts

That will trash their "for the gamers" marketing speak.

Avatar image for Yams1980
Yams1980

3713

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 3713 Posts

This had to happen eventually. CDPR seemed too good to be true. This corporation's true colors finally came out, they had us fooled for a while. The easy green is too hard to pass up.

Next step for them is to add DRM and malware datamining viruses into their GOG games. Or better yet, just remove them all and add a monthly subscription to play them.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

45054

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#31 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45054 Posts

Multiplayer in Cyberpunk is questionable, microtransactions just fortify that doubt.

Ah well, not going to play this game for the multiplayer, so I don't care. Call me when they add Ghost Recon-type bullshit for singleplayer, then I might skip it.