JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 11340 Posts

@davillain-: @xantufrog: Geez whiny mods :P... I was just curious what kind of game it is comparable to. I didnt think you had to play it to know that. I've watched the trailers and it's not like anything I've seen.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20469 Posts

I'll wait to play it next year when the XsX update comes.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 5510 Posts

@davillain- said:
@briguyb13 said:

Do what you want with your cash and don't be tellin' other's what to do unless you are gonna pay for it.

He's passing out "free" advice and you gonna get all mad at him just because he's suggesting PC and not on your favorite consoles? I'll be playing CP2077 on PC as well since Gatygun pointed it out it should be played on PC :)

That's just unfounded elitism that holds no weight anywhere. It'll run, look and play just fine on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and the next gen consoles.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11298 Posts

Will wait for the PS5 version. Especially when the RTX 3080s are sold out everywhere until next year.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11148 Posts

@Addict187 said:

This is going to be sweet playing this on my RTX 3080.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 8428 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:
@Addict187 said:

This is going to be sweet playing this on my RTX 3080.

https://forums.evga.com/New-EVGAcom-Notification-Checkout-Process-m3108092.aspx

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

3080 arrives Friday and should have a Zen 3 CPU by mid Nov. I'm ready for the best experience the game can offer.

Question now is, will it live up to the hype? There's no doubting that it has been a passion project for the devs and that generally means it will be excellent, but time will tell.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 14977 Posts

@joshrmeyer: I was trying to be funny. But that being said, I do stand by my point - everyone has the same info you do. If it doesn't interest you what's wrong with that?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 45203 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

@davillain-: @xantufrog: Geez whiny mods :P... I was just curious what kind of game it is comparable to. I didnt think you had to play it to know that. I've watched the trailers and it's not like anything I've seen.

I feel like you answer you're own question. I wasn't being whiny and to be frank, I'm not sure how you see it being whiny but whatever. If its not for you, its just not for you. I would wait until the reviews/review gameplays are out to see if it might change your mind and that's as much of an advice as I can pass.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 clone01
Member since 2003 • 28586 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

I don't get hyped for games like I use to but this definitely is my most anticipated game in years it will probably be my GOTY.

Month later you will be hating it my friend.

also Mafia remake disappoint me sadly.

How can you be disappointed about games you don't even play?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 14595 Posts

Playing Cyberpunk on consoles?

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 17033 Posts

@zaryia said:

On a PS4 Slim mind you :D

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Zaryia

@Epak_ said:

Will wait for the PS5 version. Especially when the RTX 3080s are sold out everywhere until next year.

3070 and both AMD cards will probably laugh at PS5 too.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 5510 Posts

Yep, playing Cyberpunk on consoles, since you know, CDPR made it for them. Funny thing, more console players will be playing it with a 4k set and surround sound than pc desktop gamers, so yeah, CP 2077 will be best enjoyed on consoles lol.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator

@briguyb13 said:

Yep, playing Cyberpunk on consoles, since you know, CDPR made it for them. Funny thing, more console players will be playing it with a 4k set and surround sound than pc desktop gamers, so yeah, CP 2077 will be best enjoyed on consoles lol.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Zaryia

@briguyb13 said:

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 14792 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

Citation needed.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57780 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

Lol, I back ordered mine yesterday. Cost $1100 for a piece of paper, but i'm not trying to beat out those bots again. I may get it in 1-2 months, but that gives me time to source my new build after seeing how Zen3 does.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9200 Posts

I’ll wait for reviews before I get this game. Not scores of the game but rather what kinda stuff can you do in the game.

Dragerdeifrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#70 Dragerdeifrit
Member since 2010 • 690 Posts

@joshrmeyer: From the looks of it, it seems like a Fallout game in a futuristic setting.,but with better gameplay and production value, the best way i have to describe it is expansive RPG on a HANDCRAFTED open world. To be quite honest, i don't think there anything else similar in the market at the moment, the closest thing would be GTA and fallout/Skyrim, There's not other action RPGs that take place in an expansive city. All other open world games, just abuse the forest setting with occasional outposts, i think thats the reason so many people are exited for it.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 DaVillain-  Moderator

@Dragerdeifrit said:

@joshrmeyer: From the looks of it, it seems like a Fallout game in a futuristic setting.,but with better gameplay and production value, the best way i have to describe it is expansive RPG on a HANDCRAFTED open world. To be quite honest, i don't think there anything else similar in the market at the moment, the closest thing would be GTA and fallout/Skyrim, There's not other action RPGs that take place in an expansive city. All other open world games, just abuse the forest setting with occasional outposts, i think thats the reason so many people are exited for it.

In ways, Cyberpunk 2077 is the successor to Deus-Ex: Human Revolution & Mankind Divided if you can look at it that way cause Deus-Ex games also share the Cyberpunk genre in first-person and it was about time we get something better than Deus-Ex.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11298 Posts

@zaryia said:
@Epak_ said:

3070 and both AMD cards will probably laugh at PS5 too.

.... and?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#73  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16988 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Dragerdeifrit said:

In ways, Cyberpunk 2077 is the successor to Deus-Ex: Human Revolution & Mankind Divided if you can look at it that way cause Deus-Ex games also share the Cyberpunk genre in first-person and it was about time we get something better than Deus-Ex.

I doubt it will be better than Deus Ex or Human Revolution. but better than mankind divided.

both Deus Ex games are masterpieces and classic.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 thereal25
Member since 2011 • 1998 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

Can anyone compare this game to another game for me? I want to get hyped but from what I've seen it's just not doing it for me.

Guessing it will sorta be like the witcher 3 only with guns and a futuristic setting.

It also has gta vibes, deus ex vibes and might be a bit like fallout in the sense that it will have plenty of exploration, npc interaction and an overall sense of making a difference somehow in the world.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11148 Posts
@fedor said:

https://forums.evga.com/New-EVGAcom-Notification-Checkout-Process-m3108092.aspx

Thanks for the heads up, I signed up to get notified for the $699 and $749 RTX 3080 XC3s.

@lundy86_4 said:

Lol, I back ordered mine yesterday. Cost $1100 for a piece of paper, but i'm not trying to beat out those bots again. I may get it in 1-2 months, but that gives me time to source my new build after seeing how Zen3 does.

At this point I just want a RTX 3080 don't care if it's 10GB or 20GB. These bots already crapped on my plans of waiting till November/December to buy one since I can't trust Nvidia to keep a steady stock and I'm certain that bots will go after the 20GB 3080s soon as they release too unless Nvidia implements an effective countermeasure starting with the RTX 3070 release.

Also $1100? For that much might as well take a chance with a scalper on ebay if you didn't care about principles. Or are you outside the US and $1100 is just the adjusted currency equivalent to the MSRP where you live. I was thinking of going to my local microcenter and making an order but I don't want to waste time with the high chance of them telling me there is a huge line.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 15898 Posts

@zaryia said:

Loading Video...

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Zaryia

@lebanese_boy said:
@zaryia said:

Loading Video...

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 15898 Posts

@zaryia said:
@lebanese_boy said:
@zaryia said:

Loading Video...

That part of the interview was just excellent

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57780 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

At this point I just want a RTX 3080 don't care if it's 10GB or 20GB. These bots already crapped on my plans of waiting till November/December to buy one since I can't trust Nvidia to keep a steady stock and I'm certain that bots will go after the 20GB 3080s soon as they release too unless Nvidia implements an effective countermeasure starting with the RTX 3070 release.

Also $1100? For that much might as well take a chance with a scalper on ebay if you didn't care about principles. Or are you outside the US and $1100 is just the adjusted currency equivalent to the MSRP where you live. I was thinking of going to my local microcenter and making an order but I don't want to waste time with the high chance of them telling me there is a huge line.

Yeah, I was upgrading, but i'm just doing a whole new build now instead, so I didn't wanna wait on my 3080. Those 20G will go like crazy once released. Letting everyone know exact launch time was silly, and what's worse is they should have done something like one per household/payment info.

It's CAD, which is right in line with the launch price in the US. It was $1000 plus 13% sales tax, so $1130. MicroCenter seems like a big chain, so they do probably have quite a few orders.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 1228 Posts

@Bond007uk: Compare that to the Switch port in two years that will be 360p.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#82 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 3975 Posts

@kingsfan_0333 said:

Am I the only one that doesn't have a problem with "crunch"? I mean, within reason, obviously. But I'm sure there are MANY industries that crunch to meet important deadlines. In my younger days I worked at a restaurant that renovated and planned for a big reopening. I don't think the devs should have spoken out against it when they did. I think that was their big mistake.

Crunch is not simply a short-burst of overtime for a week or two, it's consistent, non-stop overtime where employees are working 7 days a week for months, sometimes even sleeping at the office and not going home. The toll crunch takes on people's mental health is sometimes insurmountable.

The God of War development is a great example of this. They were in crunch for five years straight. There were people who developed severe, long-term psychological distress from working on that team.

kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: I get what you are saying, but I think the intensity and length varies so much that it's hard to label it as always being a bad thing. Five years? Terrible. A few weeks? We have a goal and let's work together to get it done.

Avatar image for heavymetalman77
heavymetalman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 heavymetalman77
Member since 2019 • 48 Posts

@zaryia: Lot a good it does ya , when you have no shot at getting a 3070 card vs the bots

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Zaryia

@heavymetalman77 said:

@zaryia: Lot a good it does ya , when you have no shot at getting a 3070 card vs the bots

Big deal, wait a little while. You guys are acting like this is limited time sneakers.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 864 Posts

I might wait until all updates and dlc content is released before picking this up.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 16628 Posts

Hope this stops the crunch, not sure I will get it regardless. I am jut not feeling it with this one. Then again, I wasnt a fan of their previous games either.

@Sevenizz said:

I so don’t care about this game. It just looks like a boring and repetitive rpg.

Ehh, beats Halo.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 16628 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

Cyberpunk's map has been leaked and its rather SMALL

From the looks of that I guess it would be akin to the map sizes of GTA3 and Vice City. Good news for me. Quantity > Quality.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6670 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@i_p_daily said:

From the looks of that I guess it would be akin to the map sizes of GTA3 and Vice City. Good news for me. Quantity > Quality.

From what I read you can go in alot more buildings which is one of the things that I want most in open world games it will make the world feel more lived in.

https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-2077-will-let-you-enter-a-number-of-in-game-buildings

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 6060 Posts

I expect SW to be flooded with ghost threads praising CP2077 when it comes out.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 DaVillain-  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:

I hope Ghost makes a CP2077 hype thread because I really don't feel like doing it lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 hardwenzen

@davillain- said:
@hardwenzen said:

I hope Ghost makes a CP2077 hype thread because I really don't feel like doing it lol.

He won't, so you're in charge. He will only flood SW after playing the game. If you thought that him mentioning Eternal in every thread was bad, you just wait until this is released lol.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 2997 Posts

It seems odd that a game like Cyberpunk wouldn't have a VR option since it fits right in. _Observer was another one which did initially have VR support option but got abandoned then couldn't be forced to work once the patch came out. Kind of a missed opportunity for VR owners.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#94 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16988 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@davillain- said:
@hardwenzen said:

He won't, so you're in charge. He will only flood SW after playing the game. If you thought that him mentioning Eternal in every thread was bad, you just wait until this is released lol.

Theres more to come. this next month. Hitman, RE8, Deathloop in early 2021. Prepare system warriors. Winter..I mean Masterpieces are coming.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 20786 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@i_p_daily said:

Did you get that the wrong way around lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 hardwenzen

@i_p_daily said:
@Maroxad said:
@i_p_daily said:

Did you get that the wrong way around lol

lol