tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tormentos  Online
Member since 2003 • 33074 Posts

While it wasn’t mentioned in Sony’s official announcement, developers of certain games later confirmed that PS5 exclusives like “Horizon: Forbidden West” and “Spider-Man: Miles Morales” aren’t exclusive at all. They’re both releasing PS4 versions, which may irritate a few Sony fans who took to heart Sony’s commitment to “next gen” development. The belief is that developing games across generations stifles creativity, and hampers the technological ambitions of the game, since it has to cater to an audience with less powerful machines.

“No one should be disappointed,” Ryan said. “The PS5 versions of those games are built from the ground up to take advantage of the PS5 feature set, and we have an upgrade path for PS4 users to get the PS5 versions for free. It’s about people having choice. I’m really quite pleased about the situation.”

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jim-ryan-mm-and-hfw-are-built-from-the-ground-up-to-take-advantage-of-ps5-feature-sets.288938/

I know for fact Spiderman was already build and you enhance the game and changed some assets but is not build from ground up for PS5.

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 7900 Posts

Wow, Tormentos is calling out his platform of choice. I just wish kvfloyd and the xbox guys called out their platform like this guy does.

I made post about this on reset era ill elaborate here about Spiderman Remastered for PS5

I don't get the difference between a Remaster and a Patch.

Skyrim (Special Edition) was a ps4/xb1 remaster on consoles but it was patched on PC with all those upgrades for free if you had the game with all the DLC.

How is Spiderman upgrade a remaster and not a patch. This isn't a full on remake its the same PS4 code, just patched for PS5.

Remasters are disgusting right now because of Witcher 3 get a free remaster and that game is old as hell.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13616 Posts

You know sony messed up when tomentos calls it out.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 15292 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

You know sony messed up when tomentos calls it out.

Yup. But they are pulling some crap though.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 I_P_Daily
Member since 2015 • 18659 Posts

Am i in an alternate universe right now???

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 10906 Posts

@tormentos:

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 clone01
Member since 2003 • 28424 Posts

...who fucking cares?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 6950 Posts

Common sense would dictate that it is the same engine with some tweaks given the time frame. Why shouldn't they release it on the platform with 100M users instead of only the platform with 10M users?

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 5612 Posts

So I'm guessing HZD 2 could be out next year, I mean it must of been planned a while ago.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 10282 Posts

People are getting way too riled up with the last gen thing. So long as it looks great and the devs can fulfill their vision, who cares?

But yeah, Ryan should have been up front about it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tormentos  Online

@clone01 said:

...who fucking cares?

I do they can't be this dishonest,i already mad at the shit they pull making people believe Horizon and spiderman were PS5 exclusives.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 I_P_Daily

@Juub1990 said:

People are getting way too riled up with the last gen thing. So long as it looks great and the devs can fulfill their vision, who cares?

But yeah, Ryan should have been up front about it.

Have you been on vacation, they're mad because cows have been shitting on MS for crossgen ever since it was announced, so its either attack Sony for being really deceitful over this, or say nothing and be a hypocrite, either way the rest of us get a good laugh over this :)

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 8127 Posts

“The PS5 versions of those games are built from the ground up to take advantage of the PS5 feature set (...)"

That quote is just beyond silly hahaha. The game itself is not built from the ground up to take advantage of the Ps5 feature set. But the Ps5 version is....

Okay Ryan, whatever you say.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 1883 Posts

Kudos to being able to call out your favorite platform. Xbox fans act like they're not bothered not having any games for 4 years.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#15  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 43561 Posts

LOL. 😂🤣Nobody builds games from the "ground up" for any platform. That is an old concept that fanboys still believed in until reality kicked them in their faces. But the games will take advantage of the PS5 capabilities because that's what software allows.

Fact of the matter is that the route Sony has taken is not a big deal and fanboys are just being dumb like they always do.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ellos
Member since 2015 • 2435 Posts

I think the dishonest is the issue. They can do what they want just be upfront like MS did. This is the Jim Ryan show of the old Sony to be honest.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 13979 Posts

Jim Ryan has no reason to lie when gamers are going to choose PS5 over Xbox regardless. I believe him.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro  Online
@pyro1245 said:

Common sense would dictate that it is the same engine with some tweaks given the time frame. Why shouldn't they release it on the platform with 100M users instead of only the platform with 10M users?

Because fanboys drank the kool-aid. Fanboys love exclusives. Sony told them that generations matter. 😂🤣

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 44028 Posts

I think this whole cross-gen thing is a bunch of crap and to be frank, just enjoy what you are getting and be done with it. But Sony claims Miles Morales and Forbidden West were made from the ground up for PS5. It doesn't matter however, because there will guaranteed be certain things that only PS5 would be able to do that they were forced to compromise for because of the PS4. I.e. if PS5 can let you ride a pterodactyl in Horizon but the PS4 can't, then the game won't have it at all.

I remember how Shadow of Mordor had PS3 version and PS4 version and boy, the PS3 version was almost unplayable!

All in all, this whole next-gen doesn't sound all that interesting in my opinion. Glad I'm sticking to PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro  Online

@davillain-: Shoo, with your genless platform. 😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 32301 Posts

I wasn’t mad about cross-gen when Microsoft said that they were going to make some games like that and I’m certainly not mad about it now because Sony will have games like that. 🤷‍♂️

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By I_P_Daily

@Sagemode87 said:

Kudos to being able to call out your favorite platform. Xbox fans act like they're not bothered not having any games for 4 years.

Gears Tactics is on SeX day 1 and MS are hard at work porting MFS, now i know you hate these games, but 4yrs lol.

You are a great SDF member, instead of calling Sony out on their BS, you attack MS, here take this you earned it lol

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 4864 Posts

Keeping old gen players happy while at the same time providing for new customers and tech adopters is a good thing for everyone. How would it not be?

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 44028 Posts

@Pedro said:

@davillain-: Shoo, with your genless platform. 😂

At least I have a gaming PC😏

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Pedro  Online

@briguyb13: Isn't it silly?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Archangel3371  Online

It’s hilarious that some people want to make this about “fans calling out their console of choice out” when in actuality these people just want others to get mad at the same things they get mad at. 😅

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro  Online

@davillain-: I do two. 😎

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6118 Posts

this 180 degree turn is impossible to justify

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#29 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4370 Posts

Lmao. Sony having some games be cross-gen is really upsetting the cows.

briguyb13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 briguyb13
Member since 2007 • 4864 Posts

@Pedro said:

@briguyb13: Isn't it silly?

Quite right, old chap. *sips tea*

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9163 Posts

short term it’s the right move to put on both systems. But trying to play both sides of the fanbase i think is stupid. They should be upfront about their plans from the beginning. Don’t save It for preorder date, lol. I’m okay with either approach but not okay with misleading people.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4596 Posts

Sony pulling a Breath of the Wild, nice.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 I_P_Daily

@Archangel3371 said:

I wasn’t mad about cross-gen when Microsoft said that they were going to make some games like that and I’m certainly not mad about it now because Sony will have games like that. 🤷‍♂️

The difference here is that MS were upfront about it from the get go and got a LOT of shit over it, now Sony led everyone to believe all these PS5 games were just that PS5 games, then they had their show and afterwards had in their presser about certain PS5 games also being on the PS4, and now more lies by saying these games are being made from the ground up for the PS5 lol.

So the biggest issue here is that Sony lied and have been very deceitful, not so much about being crossgen as cows are annoyed about that because of all the shit they gave MS over it and now have to eat crow :)

So as a lem i'm having a field day as...

TCHBO.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro  Online

Sony to its rabid fanboys. 😂🤣

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22537 Posts

crossing gen dont matter as long as the other system isnt trash.

if this was crossgen between 3ds and series x then you have to worry.

if it was cross gen with switch i would also worry....

but xbox one x and xbox series x is pretty much irrelavent. if it looks good it will look good.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Archangel3371  Online

@i_p_daily: Yeah Sony definitely should have been upfront about it for sure. This is certainly fun to watch though. 😅

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 I_P_Daily

@Pedro said:

Sony to its rabid fanboys. 😂🤣

Here take this, its not as tasteless as your one (wink) lol

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#38  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4019 Posts

@Pedro said:

LOL. 😂🤣Nobody builds games from the "ground up" for any platform. That is an old concept that fanboys still believed in until reality kicked them in their faces. But the games will take advantage of the PS5 capabilities because that's what software allows.

Fact of the matter is that the route Sony has taken is not a big deal and fanboys are just being dumb like they always do.

Indeed lol. Seems really trivial in the grand scheme of things. I mean, you're still getting great quality games regardless. (hopefully :P)

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 6967 Posts

You tell 'em. Sony gamers need to call out their bullshit. This isn't Xbox where everybody puts up with Phil Spencer and company's bullshit out of loyalty. Don't start out the gen lying to us. The shit starts a bad precedent. I wonder what other little gems Jim Lyin has in store for us.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Never cared if games are cross gen, we have always had games that are cross gen, never bothered me that MS was supporting current gen and next gen for a year or 2, that has always happened. *looks at GTA5, BF4, Destiny, 360 games on shelf*

I will say its shitty Sony lied, should have been straight up from the start instead of trying to sound special. From a buisness perspective this was always the right route to go as well.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro  Online

@BenjaminBanklin: 🤣😂 Owned by your god.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tormentos  Online

@Pedro said:

So in what other hardware other than the PS4 Uncharted 4 runs?

Those PS4 exclusives were made with the PS4 in mind, that they can get ported to PC without much effort? Sure they can but those were built around the PS4 which basically is basically a PC with a different OS.

@ellos said:

I think the dishonest is the issue. They can do what they want just be upfront like MS did. This is the Jim Ryan show of the old Sony to be honest.

Which also bring me to the whole DS4 not working on PS5,since they claimed it because because of the new features, but Spiderman miles morales and horizon will be on PS4 so how come they can't make PS5 games with a PS4 controller?

Sony really need to cut the crap, i think i will buy a 3070 instead this holiday instead of a PS5 and play what they have on PS4.

@i_p_daily said:
@Archangel3371 said:

The difference here is that MS were upfront about it from the get go and got a LOT of shit over it, now Sony led everyone to believe all these PS5 games were just that PS5 games, then they had their show and afterwards had in their presser about certain PS5 games also being on the PS4, and now more lies by saying these games are being made from the ground up for the PS5 lol.

So the biggest issue here is that Sony lied and have been very deceitful, not so much about being crossgen as cows are annoyed about that because of all the shit they gave MS over it and now have to eat crow :)

So as a lem i'm having a field day as...

TCHBO.

As sad as i am to admit it this is true, i can understand why MS did it, i could understand if sony wanted to do it as well, but be honest about it instead of trying to piss on MS parade just for fun, only to look stupid in the end.

Sure the PS5 is on fire sales will be out of this world i am sure, which make me even more mad as they don't need that shit.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 6967 Posts

@Pedro said:

@BenjaminBanklin: 🤣😂 Owned by your god.

What god? This is why you're a weirdo. Only corporate slaves like you worship other men like Phil Spencer. This is why Xbox keeps taking Ls. Except you clowns defend the bullshit instead of calling it out.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#44 sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 9398 Posts

ur so cool tormentos

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 15637 Posts

I never understand the complains about cross-gen titles, maybe some people have too high a standard and forget to enjoy the freaking games...

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pedro  Online

@tormentos:Its a proprietary engine that is upgraded and fashioned depending on their needs. Unless you can find evidence of the game engine being rebuilt from scratched for the PS4, its just going to be an upgrade from their pre-existing engine. But I know you drank the "ground up" kool-aid because if Sony told you Miles Morales and Horizon was built from the ground up for the PS5 you would have eat that shit up. 😂

@BenjaminBanklin: Now we are back to your Phil Spencer obsession like clockwork. 😂 Not only did Sony bitched slapped you and OP, you all now crying out like victims all because they are supporting the PS4. The irony. 🤣

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 I_P_Daily

@sakaixx said:

ur so cool tormentos

He's doing all the heavy lifting, you & other cows should help him out, as Sony shit on you too lol.

Dagubot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dagubot  Online
Member since 2020 • 380 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Take it out of your mouth already bro...

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9217 Posts

Sony clearly lied.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 18821 Posts

Lots of angry Sony fans today... Did any look at n4g? Never seen that site so angry at their overlord Sony.

Sony lied... Straight up, no defence. Ps4 will be perfectly relevant for years to come.