GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

C.I.G. win with a motion to dismiss granted against Crytek's baseless claims in their attempt to get a hold of all of C.I.G's hard work and a chunk of the crowd funded money.

I'll leave it to an expert to explain the details

Crytek have one last chance to file a third amended complaint but what straws do they have left to clutch on to?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59071 Posts

Crytek desperate to keep the lights on.

Pathetic.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

Well deserved C.I.G. But man, how could Crytek stood this low? Crytek used be awesome developers on PC gaming with Crysis & Far Cry. At the end of the day, Crytek only hurt themselves even more so, they didn't have any strong evidence to support their claims from the start and it's pretty clear C.I.G was gonna win this lawsuit.

To Crytek, you guys were in Heaven when you made good games on PC, and all of a sudden, you all went straight to Hell when you decided to go with console's development. Sad.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34668 Posts

Lulz

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Get to working on Ryse 2.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts
@freedomfreak said:

Get to working on Ryse 2.

We'll never see another Ryse or Crytek, but I'd love to see either of them :(

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8487 Posts

Here comes MS to acquire Crytek or may be not. They won't be cheap with all the debt I imagine.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58382 Posts

Crytek needs to call it quits. Pay their employees whatever money they have left and go out on a decent note.

We'll see how Hunt: Showdown goes, I guess. Probably not well enough for their general mismanagement of funds.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@GarGx1: Crytek should have focus on their core audience which CIG has targeted.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5267 Posts

Is there a link to a news article on the lawsuit? I do not trust a Youtube-only source.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

This guy really knows his stuff. It’s sad what has become of Crytek and this just sealed their coffin leaving no one to ever want to do business with them ever again. I will always thank you for Crysis 1 but it’s time to go away now Crytek.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Crysis was the last game of the golden era of PC AAA exclusives it's a shame how pathetic Crytek became.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GarGx1

@onesiphorus said:

Is there a link to a news article on the lawsuit? I do not trust a Youtube-only source.

If I'd posted a link to Montoya's video, where I first saw it then I'd understand your scepticism but Lior Lesser is an attorney who deals with entertainment, mainly Youtube, legal disputes and legal advice. He's a solid and unbiased source.

Unlike Montoya (leader and founder of the largest Star Citizen Corp) Lior is not a C.I.G. fanboy. If Crytek was in the right he'd have said exactly that from the get go and reported the court findings in exactly the same manner.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

Hard to believe that this is the same company that once made the great Crysis. I still remember how amazed I was by that game. Yeah graphics had a lot to do with it (and they were damn impressive) but the game was actually also really fun. Man, how low they have fallen. Well, I guess they're only the same company in name now. CIG's Frankfurt studio is the new (old) Crytek.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

@kweeni said:

Hard to believe that this is the same company that once made the great Crysis. I still remember how amazed I was by that game. Yeah graphics had a lot to do with it (and they were damn impressive) but the game was actually also really fun. Man, how low they have fallen. Well, I guess they're only the same company in same now. CIG's Frankfurt studio is the new (old) Crytek.

I've heard that Crytek has been on their last leg for years, since before Ryse: Son of Rome was release to Xbox One and now, they're making only Hunt Showdown at a middling pace and it's not seizing the market they want. No wonder, all their legal finances must have been nuts to sue the entity that once used their engine that made hundreds of millions in capital and counting lol.

Ever since Crytek abandon PC to make Console garbage port games, they really got greedy and paid the price.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
@davillain- said:
@kweeni said:

Hard to believe that this is the same company that once made the great Crysis. I still remember how amazed I was by that game. Yeah graphics had a lot to do with it (and they were damn impressive) but the game was actually also really fun. Man, how low they have fallen. Well, I guess they're only the same company in same now. CIG's Frankfurt studio is the new (old) Crytek.

I've heard that Crytek has been on their last leg for years, since before Ryse: Son of Rome was release to Xbox One and now, they're making only Hunt Showdown at a middling pace and it's not seizing the market they want. No wonder, all their legal finances must have been nuts to sue the entity that once used their engine that made hundreds of millions in capital and counting lol.

Ever since Crytek abandon PC to make Console garbage port games, they really got greedy and paid the price.

Yeah they've been doing pretty poorly the past few years, I'm surprised they're still around tbh. I think what really killed them is expanding too rapidly. They created and/or bought a bunch of studios with their Crysis money but couldn't manage it all. They didn't have enough income from their games and were too slow with creating new ones, so slowly all those studios drained their money, sending them into a financial crysis (heh).

I think the heads at Crytek know very well that their company is screwed so this lawsuit was probably their last pathetic attempt to squeeze whatever money they could out of their engine. Unfortunately for them, it failed.

Most if not all of their big talent works at CIG frankfurt now, their games aren't bringing in a lot of money (afaik), development is slow (afaik), after this embarrassing backstabbing lawsuit literally noone will still want to do business with them anymore. I wonder how much longer they will last. I doubt someone will buy them and deal with all their debts and what not, who knows tho.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Does anyone know who is Publishing their next game?

Personally it really did not register as a must buy game for me, from what I have seen.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Crytek gotta try making good games again and stop this bs.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kenshiro3948
Member since 2018 • 406 Posts

LOL, Crytek have screwed up big time. No developer will want to sue their engine and work with them after this fiasco.

Instead of trying to develop good games they tried to sue one of the few companies using their engine for a quick cash grab.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ronvalencia

@kenshiro3948 said:

LOL, Crytek have screwed up big time. No developer will want to sue their engine and work with them after this fiasco.

Instead of trying to develop good games they tried to sue one of the few companies using their engine for a quick cash grab.

C.I.G switch to Amazon's Lumberyard 3D engine which is heavily based on CryEngine. https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/faq/

Lumberyard is made up of proven technology from CryEngine, AWS, Twitch, EMotion FX, and Double Helix. We’ve hired some of the best game technologists in the world, who have already made over 3,300 improvements, new features, and fixes to Lumberyard since launch. Some examples of new functionality we've released since launch:

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

God, I hope this means we get another Timesplitters soon. 13 years is too long to wait.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kenshiro3948
@ronvalencia said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

C.I.G switch to Amazon's Lumberyard 3D engine which is heavily based on CryEngine. https://aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/faq/

Lumberyard is made up of proven technology from CryEngine, AWS, Twitch, EMotion FX, and Double Helix. We’ve hired some of the best game technologists in the world, who have already made over 3,300 improvements, new features, and fixes to Lumberyard since launch. Some examples of new functionality we've released since launch:

Thanks Captain Obvious.

I know they switched. I'm saying no developer in the future will want to work with Crytek after this fiasco meaning Cryengine is pretty much dead and they won't be able to make money licensing it to devs anymore.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ronvalencia

@kenshiro3948 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

Thanks Captain Obvious.

I know they switched. I'm saying no developer in the future will want to work with Crytek after this fiasco meaning Cryengine is pretty much dead and they won't be able to make money licensing it to devs anymore.

I rather work with Lumberyard.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kenshiro3948
@ronvalencia said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

Thanks Captain Obvious.

I think everyone would rather work with Lumberyard, it’s better in every way. Crytek is screwed.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GarGx1

@kenshiro3948 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

Thanks Captain Obvious.

I think everyone would rather work with Lumberyard, it’s better in every way. Crytek is screwed.

It's probably a safe bet that part of the contract C.I.G. have with Amazon will include that Lumberyard gets the improvements made by C.I.G. That's pretty much what Crytek were after anyway, a chunk of the Crowd Funding money would have been icing on the cake for them.

The real crux of the lawsuit goes right back to the start of the project and C.I.G's decision to ditch investors due to the success with the crowd funding. It's widely speculated, although never confirmed, that Crytek was the major investor waiting in the background. Then when C.I.G. switched to Lumberyard, Crytek lost all grip of the golden egg. That's when they lost the rag and went doolally.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PC_Rocks

@GarGx1 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@ronvalencia said:

Thanks Captain Obvious.

It's probably a safe bet that part of the contract C.I.G. have with Amazon will include that Lumberyard gets the improvements made by C.I.G. That's pretty much what Crytek were after anyway, a chunk of the Crowd Funding money would have been icing on the cake for them.

The real crux of the lawsuit goes right back to the start of the project and C.I.G's decision to ditch investors due to the success with the crowd funding. It's widely speculated, although never confirmed, that Crytek was the major investor waiting in the background. Then when C.I.G. switched to Lumberyard, Crytek lost all grip of the golden egg. That's when they lost the rag and went doolally.

Can they? Based on the video you posted isn't that what pretty much the point 2.4 is about. They can't get in the business of promoting any engine that competes with Cryengine. I'm no legal expert or even remotely close to decipher the legal wordings but it appears to be the case.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GarGx1
@pc_rocks said:
@GarGx1 said:

Can they? Based on the video you posted isn't that what pretty much the point 2.4 is about. They can't get in the business of promoting any engine that competes with Cryengine. I'm no legal expert or even remotely close to decipher the legal wordings but it appears to be the case.

It has a time limit of two years, they switched to Lumberyard in 2016 meaning that caveat in the Crytek contract will have run it's course. They also wouldn't be selling or competing with Crytek in the game engine business, Amazon would be (are) and you can bet your bottom dollar that they have bought full rights to the Cryengine code to use, sell and promote anyway they see fit.

I would laugh my ass off if Crytek tried to take on Amazon for breach of contact.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PC_Rocks

@GarGx1 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@GarGx1 said:

It has a time limit of two years, they switched to Lumberyard in 2016 meaning that caveat in the Crytek contract will have run it's course. They also wouldn't be selling or competing with Crytek in the game engine business, Amazon would be (are) and you can bet your bottom dollar that they have bought full rights to the Cryengine code to use, sell and promote anyway they see fit.

I would laugh my ass off if Crytek tried to take on Amazon for breach of contact.

Oh, didn't know about the two year limit.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#29 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Crytek has become a joke, other than making good engines.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11135 Posts
@pc_rocks said:

Here comes MS to acquire Crytek or may be not. They won't be cheap with all the debt I imagine.

I'm sure Phil has an inbox full of calls from Yerli family that he just won't respond to.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

I have always liked the looks of Crytek games. But at this point with MS I think it's too late for them to be interested in acquiring them anymore.

People keep wondering why so long for a new Halo.... Well 343 has spending a lot of time and money on their own new game engine that will probably be used by most MS games rather than pay license fees to Epic or Unity or Crytek for that matter. They already own Havok for game physics.

It would be a shame to see Crytek fold. Hope they see better days.