User Lists: 0

#51 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Macutchi said:

yeah i always thought metro was by far the better semi-sandbox sci-fi hybrid stealth shooter with destructible environments

Metro exodus will be semi sandbox hybrid stealth shooter but with better story, atmosphere and characters.

literally own Crysis 1 in every single way.

will also own DOOM, right?

you are new user my friend. how you know i like Doom very much?

Not that new now, probably a month since I joined SW and saw quite a no. of your posts calling DOOM best FPS/masterpiece. ANyway, you didn't answer the question, will it own DOOM or not?

hard to say. if it turn out another Stalker like experience than sure it will own Doom too.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

it WAS (not IS) a very talented development studio, but they've suffered a ton due to people not buying their games like Crysis 2 (which I agree was pretty awesome), and Ryse too (another I thought was pretty darn fun). Then there's their money problems probably surrounding buying Free Radical (the people who fucked up Haze and Battlefront III and made a shitty Homefront game). They've also not done the best job marketing their engine, and given I haven't seen devs going back asking for seconds I don't think they were too impressed by it.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

I disagree.

Cyrengine for all its "graphics prowess" hasn't generated many good games at all. The engine seems clunky as hell, relies heavily on blu and no matter what rendering method is used everything looks "photo mode" but washed out.

Star Citizen for example, all that effort, and the actual art style/rendering looks bland as hell... I blame Cry-Engine more so than the devs.... it was a shitty engine.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

They're not even relevant in the modern day. It's sad to see that a developer with that potential ended up where they are now.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Metro exodus will be semi sandbox hybrid stealth shooter but with better story, atmosphere and characters.

literally own Crysis 1 in every single way.

will also own DOOM, right?

you are new user my friend. how you know i like Doom very much?

Not that new now, probably a month since I joined SW and saw quite a no. of your posts calling DOOM best FPS/masterpiece. ANyway, you didn't answer the question, will it own DOOM or not?

hard to say. if it turn out another Stalker like experience than sure it will own Doom too.

Then how did it already owned Crysis since Crysis is 10 times the game DOOM 2016 was or even the old ones.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#57 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

Then how did it already owned Crysis since Crysis is 10 times the game DOOM 2016 was or even the old ones.

Doom is better than Crysis easily. especially in terms of game design, and gameplay.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PC_Rocks

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

Doom is better than Crysis easily. especially in terms of game design, and gameplay.

Yeah, good joke! Crysis was applauded for bringing the FPS to open sand box environment from the corridors of linear shooters. DOOM 2016 despite its fun gameplay was nothing special like the original DOOM was in 1992. From a pure gameplay and level design perspective Crysis trumps every Doom ever created.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#59 Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

Yeah, good joke! Crysis was applauded for bringing the FPS to open sand box environment from the corridors of linear shooters. DOOM 2016 despite its fun gameplay was nothing special like the original DOOM was in 1992. From a pure gameplay and level design perspective Crysis trumps every Doom ever created.

my friend, you have Mafia 1 avatar which i consider one of the Greatest game of all time. so i respect you for that.

I like Crysis alot but for second half it become linear corridor shooter plus it has regen health and aim down the sight. Doom is fast paced FPS that combine old school and modern elements and give best of both.

Its blast from start to finish.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

4A games took the crown of graphics and tech from them long ago.

they are making games with not only better graphics and tech but better gameplay, story and atmosphere too.

Metro series own Crysis series in literally ever way.

Metro is a COD like movie game.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

No wonder they are bankrupt. Al that tech genius and they can’t make games worth a shit.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 PC_Rocks

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

my friend, you have Mafia 1 avatar which i consider one of the Greatest game of all time. so i respect you for that.

I like Crysis alot but for second half it become linear corridor shooter plus it has regen health and aim down the sight. Doom is fast paced FPS that combine old school and modern elements and give best of both.

Its blast from start to finish.

I know Crysis's second half wasn't that great but still what it offered in the first half is beyond anything DOOM ever did. Hell, the second half is also good just pales in comparison to the freedom offered in the first half. DOOM is a simple run and gun game, consisting of linear corridors and it's good at that but definitely didn't do anything new.

Metro also has aim down sights and worse of all it has a FOV of a console game which you can't change. Metro has great atmosphere and good gunplay but it's no Half-Life or Crysis for that matter. It has more in common with CoD than with great PC shooters and I say this as someone who loves all the three games I mentioned.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Also #1 in making boring games.

I enjoyed their games, only ryse which has a limited gameplay style.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#64 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I think DICE overtook them awhile back. When it comes down to the final product, DICE's games just look better while running amazingly.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Their games always looked awesome, but the games themselves were pretty mediocre. I hope they are coming out with something new. Would hate to see them go. Still waiting on a masterpiece from them.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
@the-a-baum said:

Their games always looked awesome, but the games themselves were pretty mediocre. I hope they are coming out with something new. Would hate to see them go. Still waiting on a masterpiece from them.

Hunt: Show Down is quite good. You checked it out yet?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Oh yea, Crysis was a technical masterpiece, there is pretty much no game in existence with it's reputation for graphical forward thinking excellence. Even today games lack some of it's features. Go shoot a tree in Far Cry 5, nothing happens. It will fall over in Crysis, leaves will react, and that's a decade old game now, alot of Gamespots user-base will have been 8 when it was released.

-

As much as downgrade as Crysis 2 was, you can't deny they done a superb job of optimizing it for limited hardware, while it lacks Crysis features, some areas (such as New York at night) still look stunning. Which itself is not a pretty old ass game.

Loading Video...

I've yet to play Crysis 3, but from the videos and screenshots, it looks better than 1/2. Don't give a shit about Ryse.

Hipsters try to invert the reputation with "it's only a tech demo, bad game dur dur", when Crysis was released the same time as Modern Warfare, and if you actually go back and play them side back side, Crysis is pretty clearly a better game.

Crysis 2, which is shit compared to Crysis, still has more open ended, experimental gameplay with solid shooting and engaging, largely intelligent alien ai than it's peers at the time.

The only SP at the time that out-shun is was Halflife 2 and it's episodes in the Orange Box, but that's Halflife 2.