Crysis will flop.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EdiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 EdiD
Member since 2005 • 115 Posts

There's no way that Crysis will sell well. The first reason, the average person can't run this game on their PC. I'm spending more than I'd like to say getting my PC up to date to play this game. The second reason, It's coming out in November with 1,000,000 other good games. Crysis will be good but no-one will ever play it, except for the "heavy gamers" ( I hate the expression "Hardcore gamer"). If you disagree prove me wrong!

cobrax25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 cobrax25
Member since 2006 • 9649 Posts
do you know how well Farcry sold? several million...and that was with a fraction of the hype that crysis had.
MasterKillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MasterKillo
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
i think only people online know about it, so that might contribute to its bad sales.
Haee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Haee
Member since 2006 • 1378 Posts

Why dont you test your luck in the system wars bet?

NdsGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NdsGuru
Member since 2006 • 664 Posts
I think it will not flop nor sell very bad
Brmarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Brmarlin
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
Not selling well is not flopping.
meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#7 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts
Crysis won't sell that well even if it gets a great review score, and its all down to PC game piracy. Unless its well protected with serial codes that expire once used this game will just get pirated to the ground like many before it.
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

Haee

separates the boys from the men

Ogre_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ogre_Mage
Member since 2005 • 3202 Posts

Crysis won't sell that well even if it gets a great review score, and its all down to PC game piracy. Unless its well protected with serial codes that expire once used this game will just get pirated to the ground like many before it.meischris39

You think that's what causes bad sales? Reality check, pls.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts

There's no way that Crysis will sell well. The first reason, the average person can't run this game on their PC. I'm spending more than I'd like to say getting my PC up to date to play this game. The second reason, It's coming out in November with 1,000,000 other good games. Crysis will be good but no-one will ever play it, except for the "heavy gamers" ( I hate the expression "Hardcore gamer"). If you disagree prove me wrong!

EdiD

true but Crytek even said, nVidia has provided them with their hardware sales and in theory, the PC market that reaches minimum requirements for Crysis greatly exceed all of the consoles combined. Just look at the sales figures from Q4 2006.

And yes I will keep using this... Also, Check out the number of people registered on ONE of the Crysis fansites...

Total number of registered users: 21622Incrysis

And look at the Far Cry sales....

Far Cry PChas sold around4 million copies worldwide....

Avatar image for Mythbuster4ever
Mythbuster4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Mythbuster4ever
Member since 2007 • 2846 Posts
[QUOTE="Haee"]

TalesofRaGnArOk

separates the boys from the men

Since when is leaving for a while considered manely

I still don't want to have to put my battle rifle in Jell-o, though.

EdiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EdiD

[QUOTE="meischris39"]Crysis won't sell that well even if it gets a great review score, and its all down to PC game piracy. Unless its well protected with serial codes that expire once used this game will just get pirated to the ground like many before it.Ogre_Mage

Are you saying you think the average person could run Crysis on their PC?

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
[QUOTE="Ogre_Mage"]

[QUOTE="meischris39"]Crysis won't sell that well even if it gets a great review score, and its all down to PC game piracy. Unless its well protected with serial codes that expire once used this game will just get pirated to the ground like many before it.EdiD

average person? ofcourse not, but average pc gamer?

YES!!!

Ogre_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ogre_Mage
Member since 2005 • 3202 Posts
[QUOTE="Ogre_Mage"]

[QUOTE="meischris39"]Crysis won't sell that well even if it gets a great review score, and its all down to PC game piracy. Unless its well protected with serial codes that expire once used this game will just get pirated to the ground like many before it.EdiD

No, I'm calling him out because he thinks bad game sales are caused by piracy.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horrowhip

Crysis won't sell that well even if it gets a great review score, and its all down to PC game piracy. Unless its well protected with serial codes that expire once used this game will just get pirated to the ground like many before it.meischris39

Piracy isn't a problem!!! OMG seriously get this through your thick skull. For every one person that pirates the game, 100 buy it legally. Just look at recent PC game sales. HL2 sold 13 million, Far Cry sold 4 million, Bioshock sold 1.5 million. All of these are worldwide sales. It IS NOT A PROBLEM.

Avatar image for llidianStormage
llidianStormage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 llidianStormage
Member since 2007 • 269 Posts

Not selling well is not flopping.Brmarlin

put it this way in the eyes ofpublishers/devs they weather get a 5.0 review then not sale over 2 million units

heck i take a 1.0 review if my game sells like hot cakes like madden that game always gets bad reviews but all ways sales so really did it flop it did what it suppose to do and that is sale.

J-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 J-REAL
Member since 2006 • 595 Posts
[QUOTE="EdiD"]

horrowhip

true but Crytek even said, nVidia has provided them with their hardware sales and in theory, the PC market that reaches minimum requirements for Crysis greatly exceed all of the consoles combined. Just look at the sales figures from Q4 2006.

And yes I will keep using this... Also, Check out the number of people registered on ONE of the Crysis fansites...

OWNAGE!!!

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

:roll: yea yea whatever , MGS wont sell well because the system its on is barely played, want us to stereotype like aswell?

Far Cry sold 4 million, a game rushed out before Half-Life 2 ... HALF-LIFE-FREAKING-2 and even stole some of its thunder.... with no hype or marketing behind it.

Yea somehiw I think Crysis will be fine, you should worry about niche titles like Mass Effect / Uncharted / R&C more than Crysis.

horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 horrowhip

[QUOTE="Brmarlin"]Not selling well is not flopping.llidianStormage

put it this way in the eyes ofpublishers/devs they weather get a 5.0 review then not sale over 2 million units

heck i take a 1.0 review if my game sells like hot cakes like madden that game always gets bad reviews but all ways sales so really did it flop it did what it suppose to do and that is sale.

this game has a 0% chance of not selling well. 0% chance. there are over 1 million fanatical Far Cry fans that already have the game preordered or plan on getting it day one.... Just wanted to point this out to everyone.

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 _Pedro_
[QUOTE="llidianStormage"]

[QUOTE="Brmarlin"]Not selling well is not flopping.horrowhip

this game has a 0% chance of not selling well. 0% chance. there are over 1 million fanatical Far Cry fans that already have the game preordered or plan on getting it day one.... Just wanted to point this out to everyone.

not only that, but it has a pretty big amount of hype surrounding it aswell. Even amongst console gamers Crysis has made a name for itself.

EdiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 EdiD
Posted in System Wars Bets:P
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

Posted in System Wars Bets:PEdiD

It was nice knowing you ... good luck with your new site or wherever you go :P

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts

EdiD

There are 13-14 million people in the US alone that can play Crysis on High-Ultra High in DX10. If it doesn't sell well it won't be because people don't have the hardware.

EdiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 EdiD

[QUOTE="EdiD"]Posted in System Wars Bets:PMeu2k7

Whatever happens it'll be fun:).

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MadExponent
Member since 2003 • 11454 Posts
[QUOTE="EdiD"]

horrowhip

QFT...

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 _Pedro_
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

[QUOTE="EdiD"]Posted in System Wars Bets:PEdiD

Whatever happens it'll be fun:).

lol, you didn't even put a time frame.

coolviper2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 coolviper2003
Member since 2003 • 1915 Posts
PC games do sell really well. I hope you know that PC gaming is more popular then console gaming (with the exception of the USA). According to DFC PC gaming is supposed to grow 280% within the next 4 1/2 years. PC gaming is also gaining steam here in the USA so your thread = fail.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#29 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

EdiD

Some of the most tenuous logic I've seen in a while, and given that this is Sys Wars, that's really saying something. PLENTY of people are going to play it with less than perfect settings. Plenty. It's THE PC game to get.

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts

Well I dunno about the sales, I think it will do well, not great like HL, Starcraft, WoW and other monsters. But I would expect it to go over million, and it will prolly sell over a long period of time as people upgrade their computers. Pretty much everyone who upgrades their computer for gaming purposes will want to put it to test with Crysis.

But poor sales don't equal flop in SW anyway which is another matter, I'm not sure but I'd expect it to be hyped AAA here which together with the high system requirements and other quality shooters this fall might lead it to flop here.

But it's still a bit hard to make predictions about Crysis, its success will heavily depend on two things; online and optimization. If those fail the game will fail too.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts
[QUOTE="Ogre_Mage"]

The average person can't run Halo 3 too. The majority of console owners still own a PS2.

iMacBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 iMacBot
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts
It's going to be like Far Cry in term of sales, maybe better since it has more features that Far Cry. It's just hyped since it's an exclusive for PC (not ported to XBOX 360 or PS3... yet or maybe never).