Crysis Remastered kinda looks like Crysis Vanilla PC version. Delayed for a few weeks.

• 96 results
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56035 Posts

Before this remaster, there was a vid showing original Crysis was running in ray-tracing. This remaster not having ray-tracing would make this remaster pointless and the original has aged well.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17795 Posts

New video for the Switch remaster...

Loading Video...

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Oh, hey, thanks for uploading the comparisons. I was asleep so I couldn't do it.

@cloud_man said:

Not really. Actually it looks cartoony compared to the original. The vanilla PC version still looks more realistic, at least according to these early comparison screens. First one is remaster. Second... original.

Don't know why everyone was getting hyped for it so much. Nintendo Switch logo was already a red flag. It was targeted for lowest common denominator. Besides, Crytek ain't even same company anymore. Talented folks left the company years ago. The only good thing we can expect from it is better optimization and optional/tacked on Ray Tracing.

Ice-Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 Ice-Cube
Member since 2003 • 2434 Posts

Yup looks like a remaster

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#55  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Im getting the impression they remastered the PS3/360 version that they ported over to CE2 and not the original PC version. These screenshots look like Farcry 1. Expect the stupid console suit mechanics on the PC version too.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

Well the video was low quality, but either way it's all a bit underwhelming. Like pretty much all remasters.

Should have gone for a remake, but Crytek is not really about hard work and quality these days, just cash. Looks like they even outsourced the work to another studio.

I might just stick with the original with modifications for now, though if this can be modded I can see people doing some good things.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Eh, they've ported so many games from PC, mobile, and past consoles, this is just one more to the pile. Not going to complain, there's dumber and more pointless ports than this. Especially mobile games. At least this is a modern AAA game that should hold up pretty well. It's actually surprising they took this long.

Even if this is just vanilla crysis, At least console versions (except switch) should finally run it at a decent frame-rate. The PS3/360 were such a joke because they were running in the 20's, same with Crysis II for that matter. The frame-rates made them especially unplayable.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Wasn't expecting much from this. It was a focus on consoles that killed the franchise, and it was clear from the beginning this was a console-centric remaster. I swear the original Crysis maxed out on PC looked better than those remastered screens. The colours look off, and the vegetation looks flat with the lack of shadows.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@pelvist said:

Im getting the impression they remastered the PS3/360 version that they ported over to CE2 and not the original PC version. These screenshots look like Farcry 1. Expect the stupid console suit mechanics on the PC version too.

I think that's confirmed, the CE2 version was the basis for this remaster.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#61 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@cloud_man said:

Not really. Actually it looks cartoony compared to the original. The vanilla PC version still looks more realistic, at least according to these early comparison screens. First one is remaster. Second... original.

Don't know why everyone was getting hyped for it so much. Nintendo Switch logo was already a red flag. It was targeted for lowest common denominator. Besides, Crytek ain't even same company anymore. Talented folks left the company years ago. The only good thing we can expect from it is better optimization and optional/tacked on Ray Tracing.

Thanks!

Looks like it can be a different tod but the last shot, the remaster has too much bloom.

On the first pic, the foliage is heavily reduced and shadow lod on the distance took a massive downturn.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2131 Posts

Blurry image with a shit ton of bloom. What year is it?

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 201 Posts

@rzxv04 said:
@cloud_man said:

Thanks!

Looks like it can be a different tod but the last shot, the remaster has too much bloom.

On the first pic, the foliage is heavily reduced and shadow lod on the distance took a massive downturn.

Yeah.... In first comparison, we can clearly see there is reduced foliage. In second, grunge maps are totally missing. Beach looks flat and even textures close to grass looked washed out. In third comparison, whole ground looks flat and early last gen stuff. Next to no bump maps.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By rzxv04

@cloud_man said:
@rzxv04 said:
@cloud_man said:

Thanks!

Yeah.... In first comparison, we can clearly see there is reduced foliage. In second, grunge maps are totally missing. Beach looks flat and even textures close to grass looked washed out. In third comparison, whole ground looks flat and early last gen stuff. Next to no bump maps.

Water also looks very different. Don't know if better. It's more thicker and wavy on the new one but seems higher texture but calmer on the old one.

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 201 Posts

@rzxv04: Seems like it lacks reflections. Plus direction of lighting it different, as you can see from shadows in second comparison. May be that's what making it look different too. Plus intensity and choice of colors/temperature.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#66 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58837 Posts

It's the video -game equivalent of Lucas adding "no" at the end of Return Of The Jedi.

No thanks, bro.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Top is remastered. Bottom og.

Could very well be that it's an upgraded version of the downgraded console version. I wonder if that VTOL level will be in, since that was cut from the console release. And to be honest, that mission was lame, but still.

Might pirate.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#68 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

It's the video -game equivalent of Lucas adding "no" at the end of Return Of The Jedi.

No thanks, bro.

Thats why i was hoping for Crysis 1 remake build from ground that fix the second half on cryengine 5.

remastered always low effort. very disappointed.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 rzxv04

@cloud_man said:

@rzxv04: Seems like it lacks reflections. Plus direction of lighting it different, as you can see from shadows in second comparison. May be that's what making it look different too. Plus intensity and choice of colors/temperature.

Nice catch on reflections. Thanks.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Are these screenshots proven to be legit PC version though? The gameplay scenes from the trailer look better than these SS's. However just the upgrade in engine from Cryengine 2 to 5 would have made a large difference in lighting even if they didn't touch anything. Either way I'd play the wait n see game first before passing judgement.

However the game itself originally wasn't that great. The story was fucked, the A.i. wasn't anything special and the sequels fucked the storyline up even more. The game was pretty fun up until the aliens...then it sucked. However in the sequel the aliens went from flying around in octopus machines to running around on the ground, how stupid is that? Air superiority!!!!...stupid Crytek

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

I give credit to Crytek for delaying reveal and release, but they have their work cut out to make this approchable. Sell it at $20-30, and they might be good, but reactions have been a bit "meh."

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Top is remastered. Bottom og.

Could very well be that it's an upgraded version of the downgraded console version. I wonder if that VTOL level will be in, since that was cut from the console release. And to be honest, that mission was lame, but still.

Might pirate.

PC gamers don't need to pirate remasters, they get them for free.

Unless they pull some lame move like putting it on the epic store, and charging full price again.

Anyhoooooow, I liked the VTOL mission lol. I'm not a huge fan of the console version.

I just want the PC version with slightly better performance, better colors and that new cloak mode texture on the SCAR looks cool.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#73  Edited By dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts
@warmblur said:

After Warhead Crytek has been trash ever since.

Crytek was always trash. They made games that looked phenomenal for their time but had shit gameplay.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#74 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15904 Posts

its nice seeing Crysis finally looks dated. we have advanced far.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#75 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15904 Posts

@rzxv04 said:
@cloud_man said:
@rzxv04 said:
@cloud_man said:

Thanks!

Water also looks very different. Don't know if better. It's more thicker and wavy on the new one but seems higher texture but calmer on the old one.

Water is a lot better to me at least. We already seen better water in GTAV on PS3/360 and most modern games did water/ocean justice like Sea of Thieves or Ass Creed Odyssey.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38703 Posts

Crytek desmonstrates us how not to make a remaster, and why remasters shouldn't exist. You want to rerelease a game that you've already sold? Alright, do a remake, and be ready to invest some time and moolah.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#77 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@dzimm said:
@warmblur said:

Crytek was always trash. They made games that looked phenomenal for their time but had shit gameplay.

Disagree on that Crysis was great especially in the early levels throwing shit at the human enemies never got old like throwing a dumpster at them or throwing them through a roof being creative is the key.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

@warmblur: exactly. Crysis was a great sandbox shooter. As fun as you want it to be.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 freedomfreak  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

PC gamers don't need to pirate remasters, they get them for free.

Unless they pull some lame move like putting it on the epic store, and charging full price again.

Anyhoooooow, I liked the VTOL mission lol. I'm not a huge fan of the console version.

I just want the PC version with slightly better performance, better colors and that new cloak mode texture on the SCAR looks cool.

That's what I'm worried about. I just want this game to run better, but I'm not paying for it. I already own this game twice on PC and on Xbox360, so I won't feel guilty. And it's EA.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

That's what I'm worried about. I just want this game to run better, but I'm not paying for it. I already own this game twice on PC and on Xbox360, so I won't feel guilty. And it's EA.

This time Crytek is publishing and Saber is developing.

No EA logo, so I hope EA has nothing to do with this.

Also I really wish Crytek would make another Ryse :(

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 freedomfreak  Online

@R4gn4r0k: Ouch. Saber is bad news. Hope they can pull it off. And yeah, wouldn't mind seeing a game based off of Roman history. RTS games are fine and all, but I want something more boots on the ground, me in the action. I've been replaying Shadow of Rome just to feed that urge a bit.

jewdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By jewdaddy
Member since 2020 • 85 Posts

@davillain-: The poor AI knowing where you are at all times once alerted shooting you through trees and across the map and bland level design was always the downfall of this game.One thing crysis 2 did better was the climbing feature and simplified less clumsy nano suit design.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@freedomfreak: EA has nothing to do with the remaster, apparently.

jewdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jewdaddy
Loading Video...

I would only care about this remake if they used crysis 2 style nanotsuit, which improved the flow of the gameplay and added the climb mechanic.What's really a shame that nightmare creatures remake got put on hold or cancelled now that's a game that truely deserved a remake.I would rather have a crysis 4 tbh tho.

Duke nukem zerohour n64 and duke nukem time to kill ps1 are more deserving of remakes also.

Funny i was playing half life 2 deathmatch awhile back and the people running the server had duke nukem time to kill ''present'' soundtrack playing on the server.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 BassMan

@warmblur said:
@dzimm said:
@warmblur said:

Disagree on that Crysis was great especially in the early levels throwing shit at the human enemies never got old like throwing a dumpster at them or throwing them through a roof being creative is the key.

Epic gifs! :)

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

@R4gn4r0k: Ouch. Saber is bad news. Hope they can pull it off. And yeah, wouldn't mind seeing a game based off of Roman history. RTS games are fine and all, but I want something more boots on the ground, me in the action. I've been replaying Shadow of Rome just to feed that urge a bit.

I'm not sure. Though I would've liked Crytek handling the Crysis series exclusively, I'm not sure in what capability they still are to make games...

Saber is ... alright I guess. I was impressed with their engine in WWZ. The game rendered hundreds and thousands of zombies on screen, all animated and the performance was excellent.

Talking of which, I'm gonna play some Ryse right now. Since you have me on steam, check out some of my 4K screenshots :D

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#87 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@BassMan said:
@warmblur said:
@dzimm said:
@warmblur said:

Epic gifs! :)

Thanks!! it's from a video I made years ago. :)

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 freedomfreak  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

I'm not sure. Though I would've liked Crytek handling the Crysis series exclusively, I'm not sure in what capability they still are to make games...

Saber is ... alright I guess. I was impressed with their engine in WWZ. The game rendered hundreds and thousands of zombies on screen, all animated and the performance was excellent.

Talking of which, I'm gonna play some Ryse right now. Since you have me on steam, check out some of my 4K screenshots :D

Unless I'm completely mistaken, the German government funds them. Some program for creators, although you can't have the manpower of a triple A studio and whatnot. It's how Uwe Boll made so many movies.

I'll know for sure it's Saber when they're throwing hundreds of Koreans at us. And yeah, looked at the screens. Nice, nice. 10 years from now, that game will still look great. Will replay again somewhere in the future.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 R4gn4r0k

@freedomfreak said:

Unless I'm completely mistaken, the German government funds them. Some program for creators, although you can't have the manpower of a triple A studio and whatnot. It's how Uwe Boll made so many movies.

I'll know for sure it's Saber when they're throwing hundreds of Koreans at us. And yeah, looked at the screens. Nice, nice. 10 years from now, that game will still look great. Will replay again somewhere in the future.

Hundreds of koreans with fluid WWZ zombie physics?

Hmmm, could be entertaining. And a true technical showcase like Crysis and its thousand red barrels test.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4361 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: but but that what dlss and related tech suppose to fix..........

sarcasm their.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#91 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@firedrakes: Haha, exactly.

I think people were expecting a remake, not a remaster. Graphically speaking, remasters make old games look sharper, remakes make old games look better.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4361 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: correct. some person said dlss was not down scal/upscaling.... that what its doing to assets. person on reddit just keep reply back t me....

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18251 Posts

I mean ... back in the day no gaming rig could play Crysis on max ... so i bet they are only releasing the game again to see if we are finally catching up with them.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By BassMan

I just started playing Crysis 2 on PC again. Wow, this game suffers from some serious consolitis. It looks so dated and half-ass. Doesn't even have FOV option.

jewdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By jewdaddy

@BassMan: The gameplay is alot more tighter than crysis 1/warhead.crysis 1/warhead feel dated with no climbing mechanic, the only thing truely dumbed down was the size of the vehicle levels.

The deathmatch mode on crysis 2 was alot better also.

It's funny how all these modern fps games all copied crysis 2's climbing mechanic lol.

Loading Video...

jewdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By jewdaddy

@pelvist:

far cry 1=cryengine 1

crysis 1=cryengine 2

crysis warhead=cryengine 2

crysis 2=cryengine 3

crysis for ps3/xbox360=cryengine 3

crysis 3=cryengine 3.5

I actually thought crysis on xbox360 looks pretty good the HDR/BLOOM was alot better than the pc version, but it had alot less folitage and lower res textures.

jewdaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By jewdaddy

call of duty had like chest high wall vaulting and in 2011 crysis 2 took that to the next level where you could double jump and grab onto very large walls and games have been copying crysis 2's wall climbing feature since.