Crysis Finally On Its Way To PS3 ???

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danishkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 danishkhan
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts

A while ago TheSixthAxis brought you news that Crytek had acquired the remnants of Free Radical, the immediate good news was that 43 jobs had been saved, and we immediately got our hopes up that Timesplitters 4 or a new Battlefront might see the light of day.

But do Crytek have other plans? Could we finally see Crysis on the consoles

Source

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Cevat Yerli: "Crysis in its current form is impossible on consoles."

Where in that article does it say that Crysis as it is on PC is coming to PS3?
WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts
Link?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts
Am I blind? I don't see anything confirmed.
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
you should change the title it sound like this confirms crysis is coming to PS3 when in fact it just more likley now
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Whether this new project is the PC-busting Crysis or not remains to be seen, but in the mean time it won't hurt to have gander at these gorgeous screens.

Why the misleading title bro:|

ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts
It doesn't say anywhere on that site that they're bringing crysis to ps3. Looks like you jumped to conclusions there...
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
I recommend that you change your title to something less misleading. The mods don't do kindly with such violations of the ToU. Believe me, I have had my experiences.
Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts
Don't get your hopes up.
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts

this is so ridiculous. no link. no mention of PS3. no mention of Crysis.

personally i think lemmings and cows would prefer a game based on the same engine, that is, y'know, actually fun - instead of the snore-fest Crysis was. hopefully free radical can teach Crytek how to do 'fun'.

SpikeVashGene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SpikeVashGene
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts
Not really. They'll hide behind PC. Call it an inferior port. They'll all whip out their supercomputers. Also there is no such thing as console exclusives apparently. Finally, this isn't even confirmed
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Espada12

personally i think lemmings and cows would prefer a game based on the same engine, that is, y'know, actually fun - instead of the snore-fest Crysis was. hopefully free radical can teach Crytek how to do 'fun'.

3picuri3

Aren't free radical the people behind haze?:| I really hope they don't teach crytek about fun or else the next game crytek makes will be horrible.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

Cevat Yerli: "Crysis in its current form is impossible on consoles."

Where in that article does it say that Crysis as it is on PC is coming to PS3?foxhound_fox

Killzone 2 is possible so Crysis would be a breeze.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Espada12

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Cevat Yerli: "Crysis in its current form is impossible on consoles."

Where in that article does it say that Crysis as it is on PC is coming to PS3?nVidiaGaMer

Ok bro!:|

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]Cevat Yerli: "Crysis in its current form is impossible on consoles."

Where in that article does it say that Crysis as it is on PC is coming to PS3?nVidiaGaMer

Too bad KZ2 is technically inferior in about every way, so I don't see how they plan on running Crysis with it's expansive environments on a PS3, which based on hardware is essentially a low-end gaming PC.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Er, you're not serious are you? I mean, you don't really think Ps3 can run Crysis on like the high settings right?
Northernboxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Northernboxer
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts
Is it just me? Isn't it impossible to run crysis on the outdated PS3 gpu? Any attempt would likely be terrible.
Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Indie_Hitman
Member since 2008 • 2457 Posts
[QUOTE="Espada12"][QUOTE="3picuri3"]

Aren't free radical the people behind haze?:| I really hope they don't teach crytek about fun or else the next game crytek makes will be horrible.

They also made Goldeneye and Timesplitters
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Espada12
[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

Where in that article does it say that Crysis as it is on PC is coming to PS3?Chutebox

Er, you're not serious are you? I mean, you don't really think Ps3 can run Crysis on like the high settings right?

I don't know why you guys even take him seriously he is just trying to stir something up.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 foxhound_fox
Killzone 2 is possible so Crysis would be a breeze. nVidiaGaMer

Since when did the PS3 get 1280 MB of RAM?
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 3picuri3
[QUOTE="3picuri3"]

Espada12

time splitters. think that's all i had to say :). the lead designers / owners also work on goldeneye, original perfect dark.
jeffwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jeffwulf
Member since 2004 • 1569 Posts

Lollerskates!

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nVidiaGaMer
[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

Where in that article does it say that Crysis as it is on PC is coming to PS3?Saturos3091

Too bad KZ2 is technically inferior in about every way, so I don't see how they plan on running Crysis with it's expansive environments on a PS3, which based on hardware is essentially a low-end gaming PC.

No its actually better. Better lighting, better shadows, better character models, better facial animations, better death animations, etc. I've played both so I know. I own a gaming PC with a Phenom X4, 4GB RAM, and a 9800GTX OC and a PS3 so I know.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Espada12
[QUOTE="Espada12"][QUOTE="3picuri3"]

Indie_Hitman

That's when they were with rare. Rare + them made GE and TS. They made Haze alone, which is was a horrible game, ok not horrible but not good.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 3picuri3
[QUOTE="Chutebox"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

Espada12

I don't know why you guys even take him seriously he is just trying to stir something up.

based on past posts part of me thinks he actually believes this :|
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 3picuri3
[QUOTE="Indie_Hitman"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

Espada12

That's when they were with rare. Rare + them made GE and TS. They made Haze alone, which is was a horrible game, ok not horrible but not good.

no, TS was FR first solo project. internet + google is a marvelous thing, no?
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

I agree :|

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 foxhound_fox
No its actually better. Better lighting, better shadows, better character models, better facial animations, better death animations, etc. I've played both so I know. I own a gaming PC with a Phenom X4, 4GB RAM, and a 9800GTX OC and a PS3 so I know. nVidiaGaMer

No one in their right mind, unless being paid by Sony, would believe that Killzone 2 is a technically superior product to Crysis.
Avatar image for ps3_owns_360Wii
ps3_owns_360Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ps3_owns_360Wii
Member since 2008 • 2289 Posts
crysis is best on the PC
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts
That's when they were with rare. Rare + them made GE and TS. They made Haze alone, which is was a horrible game, ok not horrible but not good. Espada12
they wernt with rare when they made timesplitters
wehertn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wehertn
Member since 2003 • 1469 Posts
rotflmfao not possible consoles cannot handle crysis so dont get ur hope up hahahah funniest thing ive heard in days lol (gets on crysis wars) lol
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
great post, i could read it clearly said crysis is going to come to the ps3 this year :roll: u should change that on ur title to something more to what the link has to say.
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
It took them years to make it on the PC's superior hardware, imagine how long a PS3 port would take :o expect to see this in the final year of the PS3 decade lifespan if it happens.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
Either change the topic so it's not so blatently misleading, or I'm going to lock it.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

No its actually better. Better lighting, better shadows, better character models, better facial animations, better death animations, etc. I've played both so I know. I own a gaming PC with a Phenom X4, 4GB RAM, and a 9800GTX OC and a PS3 so I know.

nVidiaGaMer
You can own both. It just proves that you don't know a single thing about hardware or software programming.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#37 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts
Misleading title is misleading.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
rotflmfao not possible consoles cannot handle crysis so dont get ur hope up hahahah funniest thing ive heard in days lol (gets on crysis wars) lolwehertn
Surely they just downgrade it to something like medium PC settings or something? They would never get it near high on the ps3, I think the cell would create its own, worse version of RROD exploding in a ball of Epic Phail...
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Misleading title FTL. The article never mentioned Crysis on PS3.
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts
[QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

nVidiaGaMer

Fakeboy confirmed, no gamehas better lighting effects than Crysis. Please tell me what OS you are running? If you actually have as good of a computer as you say.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 3picuri3

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]No its actually better. Better lighting, better shadows, better character models, better facial animations, better death animations, etc. I've played both so I know. I own a gaming PC with a Phenom X4, 4GB RAM, and a 9800GTX OC and a PS3 so I know. nVidiaGaMer

No one in their right mind, unless being paid by Sony, would believe that Killzone 2 is a technically superior product to Crysis.

Its better and I think its just denial for the PC gamers because the PS3 is doing this on outdated hardware. A PC with the same hardware would crash trying to run something on Killzone 2's level of visual quality.

you think we're in denial? oh my. hope this one doesn't get locked, i just put the popcorn on :(
KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts
Crytek should become the engineering arm of that company and get out of the story telling, concept side of things.
Snagal123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Snagal123
Member since 2006 • 3524 Posts

Lets just assume for a minute Free Radical will do the Crysis port, they haven't even started it yet.

So lets say it takes a year from now, Feb 2010, will any PS3/360 gamer want Crysis then? and if it took them even longer, Nov 2010 lets says, Crysis will be 3 years old by then!

Seriously, if a port was coming, you would have heard about it by now, too much time has pasted.

After all wouldn't you prefer a brand new game using CryEngine 2 designed for consoles, i know i would...

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nVidiaGaMer
[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]
No one in their right mind, unless being paid by Sony, would believe that Killzone 2 is a technically superior product to Crysis.3picuri3

Its better and I think its just denial for the PC gamers because the PS3 is doing this on outdated hardware. A PC with the same hardware would crash trying to run something on Killzone 2's level of visual quality.

you think we're in denial? oh my. hope this one doesn't get locked, i just put the popcorn on :(

In one console generation (2005-now) I had to upgrade my PC 2 times talk about wasting my money and this generation isn't even over yet.

3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 3picuri3
[QUOTE="3picuri3"][QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

nVidiaGaMer

In one console generation (2005-now) I had to upgrade my PC 2 times talk about wasting my money and this generation isn't even over yet.

funny, i upgraded once before Crysis came out and i'm still fine. i guess put some more time / thought in to your upgrade decisions and buy quality parts and not budget line GPU/CPU. and this says nothing of your denial re: Crysis and apparent belief that KZ2 looks better :) just shows you kind of don't understand PC if you're upgrading twice in a gen, and leads me to question whether you've actually played Crysis.

why do you think reviewers say 'best visuals we've seen on consoles'.. why wouldn't they say 'best visuals ever'... not to mention the fact not all reviewers say it has the best visuals even on consoles :P.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nVidiaGaMer
[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"][QUOTE="3picuri3"] you think we're in denial? oh my. hope this one doesn't get locked, i just put the popcorn on :(3picuri3

funny, i upgraded once before Crysis came out and i'm still fine. i guess put some more time / thought in to your upgrade decisions and buy quality parts and not budget line GPU/CPU. and this says nothing of your denial re: Crysis and apparent belief that KZ2 looks better :) just shows you kind of don't understand PC if you're upgrading twice in a gen, and leads me to question whether you've actually played Crysis.

why do you think reviewers say 'best visuals we've seen on consoles'.. why wouldn't they say 'best visuals ever'... not to mention the fact not all reviewers say it has the best visuals even on consoles :P.

Single Core 3800+ and a 7600GT > Dual Core X2 3800 and 8600GT > Phenom new motherboard, 4GB RAM, and 9800GTX OC

And yes I understand hardware. Of course if you have high end hardware then theres no reason to upgrade but your spending a lot more but for the middle end to low end gamers upgrading is necessary with every new break through game.

Not everyone even thinks Crysis is the best MGS 4 beat Crysis in graphics here on GS and its not biased the people of GS decided and they are correct.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
What if Crytek had the Haze team port Crysis over to the PS3, that would be full of fail :D
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 foxhound_fox
In one console generation (2005-now) I had to upgrade my PC 2 times talk about wasting my money and this generation isn't even over yet. nVidiaGaMer

I am getting my first new PC this year... since my last one in late 2004. You are wasting money because you think you need to upgrade and didn't buy smartly in the first place. Hell, I got a pre-built and still can play most modern games on it (had to put a non-integrated card into it to actually run things though). It can even run Crysis, playably, on low settings. The only reason I want to get a new one is because I want my own personal computer that is used by anyone else.