Crysis 2 coming to consoles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 nmaharg
Member since 2004 • 3285 Posts

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="-Pred-Alien-"]People should remember that Crysis on PC is a rather linear game but has a lot of window dressing to give it an 'open' lookAAllxxjjnn
If crysis is linear what isn't?

It's linear in that you are going from point A to B, but how you get there and how you complete your objectives as you go, are completely up to you.

How is the game linear again. I really don't understand, if you can go and do things in anyway you choose to.

whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

[QUOTE="Next-Gen-Tec"]People will finally see that without really pretty graphics, the game is meh.aaronmullan
I guess you haven't played it, huh?

I have....and he's right..... in fact, even with the pretty graphics it's "meh"

Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts

I don't understand how this is bad news at all. Now concole gamers get to experience the game as well if they don't have a great gaming PC. I see no reason why the PC version should suffer because of this.

Also this makes plenty of sense for Crytek. Releasing it multiplat means tons of $$$$$$$$.

KratosTwin

Whats bad news is we will get what has been happening to almost every pc franchise that got its way to consoles: consolized garbage.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

Glad to hear console gamers'll have a chance to experience Crysis, but I'm partly sad because of it because dumbing-down the PC version will definitely be imminent.

Pangster007

This. My expectations have dropped; i can see it being enjoyable with the 'feel/look' of Crysis, but it won't be Crysis. I'm going to be bashed here, but Crysis wasn't all about the graphics although it played a large part in one's enjoyment of the game.

Watch this, it should remove any doubts you have.

Even if looks worse, it will play the same.

I should know, since I finished Crysis 3 times with hardware below the minimum requirements...

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

Meh. I'll get the far superior PC version and play it using my crossfire setup at 1080p.

Next-Gen-Tec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Next-Gen-Tec
Member since 2009 • 4623 Posts
Nothing wrong with a game being linear. When did this become taboo?
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 nmaharg

Meh. I'll get the far superior PC version and play it using my crossfire setup at 1080p.

anshul89
LOL sorry but your sig is great.
Bazfrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Bazfrag
Member since 2004 • 2217 Posts
Crysis 2 is going to be dumbed the hell down :(aaronmullan
Elitist pc snobs am cry etc etc.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 nmaharg
Nothing wrong with a game being linear. When did this become taboo?Next-Gen-Tec
True as 90% of games are linear. I just don't agree that crysis is one of these games.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#60 Pangster007
Member since 2004 • 4426 Posts

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"][QUOTE="nmaharg"] If crysis is linear what isn't?nmaharg

It's linear in that you are going from point A to B, but how you get there and how you complete your objectives as you go, are completely up to you.

How is the game linear again. I really don't understand, if you can go and do things in anyway you choose to.

It's exactly as he said. Go from A to B. That is linear (Whatever you do, it ultimately boils down to getting to this location). HOW do you get from A to B is not linear, i.e you don't HAVE to do it that way or this way.
Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts

And hermis said consoles couldn't run Crysis :lol:

Hermits got no Crown Jewel no more :lol:

Crysis coming to consoles EPIC PWNAGE

:cry: I can't bare to think of it. Oh well at least we got a new Crysis :D

Although I am stumped on how Crytek will pull this off consoles seriously lack RAM if this game will be like Far Cry 2 (respawning enemies and enviroment damage repaired) then it would suck. And this is wierd Crysis 2 but not the original? Hmm maybe Crytek will bundle the original and Warhead along with this.

Gamerz1569

Consoles can't run Crysis, Crysis 2 is a different story. Crytek will probably design Crysis 2 differently to accommodate the consoles. Being multiplat could lead to great optimization for the PC version, so it's not all that bad.

-Pred-Alien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 -Pred-Alien-
Member since 2009 • 1733 Posts
[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="-Pred-Alien-"][QUOTE="nmaharg"] If crysis is linear what isn't?

Yes im a dirt consolite and i said Crysis sucks except for graphics and even then Uncharted is better You read me like an open book

I don't think thats what you said. But I think it would be pretty hard to find a game less linear than crysis.

Ah okay sorry for the slightly rash reaction, you cant criticise the game here without people jumping on you. You handled yourself well so sorry:) But what im saying is that thats one of the reasons its such a memory and even CPU hog.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 nmaharg
[QUOTE="nmaharg"]

[QUOTE="AAllxxjjnn"] It's linear in that you are going from point A to B, but how you get there and how you complete your objectives as you go, are completely up to you.Pangster007

It's exactly as he said. Go from A to B. That is linear (Whatever you do, it ultimately boils down to getting to this location). HOW do you get from A to B is not linear, i.e you don't HAVE to do it that way or this way.

Then what game isn't linear? All games boil down to get from A objective to B objective.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Pangster007
[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

Glad to hear console gamers'll have a chance to experience Crysis, but I'm partly sad because of it because dumbing-down the PC version will definitely be imminent.

This. My expectations have dropped; i can see it being enjoyable with the 'feel/look' of Crysis, but it won't be Crysis. I'm going to be bashed here, but Crysis wasn't all about the graphics although it played a large part in one's enjoyment of the game.

Watch this, it should remove any doubts you have.

Even if looks worse, it will play the same.

I should know, since I finished Crysis 3 times with hardware below the minimum requirements...

I've seen it before. My expectations are still the same.
remi06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 remi06
Member since 2006 • 177 Posts

Everyones complaining that it will be dumbed down but Crytec are very good Developers i dont think they would make it for console if they think they would be dumbing it down dont worry guys!

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
[QUOTE="Dick_Derringer"][QUOTE="Next-Gen-Tec"]People will finally see that without really pretty graphics, the game is meh.killab2oo5
Only because the gameplay is gonna be dumbed down for the console tards. This game won't be half the game that Crysis is. I guarantee it.

Why would the gameplay be dumbed down? The game's already pretty simple.

Compared to every other first person shooter that came out on consoles this gen, Crysis is a rubix cube.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#67 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Crysis is a game that should stay PC exclusive.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 nmaharg

SpinoRaptor24
Why? As long as the gameplay stays tight I think it's great it comes to consoles. Exclusives only hurt gamers.
legol1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 legol1
Member since 2005 • 1998 Posts
like i said a month ago if crytek make crysis for console i will buy it , the keyword here (BUY) .
Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Gamerz1569

Consoles can't run Crysis, Crysis 2 is a different story. Crytek will probably design Crysis 2 differently to accommodate the consoles. Being multiplat could lead to great optimization for the PC version, so it's not all that bad.

KrazyKenKutarag

And that accomodation for consoles will mean the pc version will suffer. How do you think Crytek will compromise? Simple make the game more linear = Pc version just pretty graphics and meh gameplay.

Everyones complaining that it will be dumbed down but Crytec are very good Developers i dont think they would make it for console if they think they would be dumbing it down dont worry guys!

remi06

Good devs or not, consoles lack ram so the game might be dumbed down to compromise for consoles.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="Next-Gen-Tec"]People will finally see that without really pretty graphics, the game is meh.Dick_Derringer
Only because the gameplay is gonna be dumbed down for the console tards. This game won't be half the game that Crysis is. I guarantee it.

watch who you call a tard,bucko, this is great news for people like me who have a family to support,bills to pay,life, etc who can't afford a gaming PC, thankyou to all the hermits who have accepted this with maturity, stuff you to the eliteist snobs that are against it.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#72 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

[QUOTE="KrazyKenKutarag"]

Gamerz1569

And that accomodation for consoles will mean the pc version will suffer. How do you think Crytek will compromise? Simple make the game more linear = Pc version just pretty graphics and meh gameplay.

remi06

Good devs or not, consoles lack ram so the game might be dumbed down to compromise for consoles.

Watch the vid I posted above. The technology exists.

dk_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 dk_2007
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts

Nothing wrong with a game being linear. When did this become taboo?Next-Gen-Tec

try to play far cry and then play "far cry instints". You will know what a linear gameplay can do to a good game.

On topic: good news for crytek and console gamers. Something like this had to happen after Crysis game was pirated so much.

_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts

I am curious to see how this turns out, because Crysis on a console would be awesome. However, that means the graphics might be dulled down. ;)

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#76 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

Serves those cocky hermits right.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 nmaharg

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="SpinoRaptor24"]

Gamerz1569

Why? As long as the gameplay stays tight I think it's great it comes to consoles. Exclusives only hurt gamers.

Indirectly they hurt gamers but if the game is dumbed down then it kills gamers.

No point in arguing a what if like will the game be dumbed down. Best thing to do is hope for the best. My question is why would you need to dumb down the game(PC Version)? Honestly I would be fine with the same engine.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 nmaharg

2-10-08
PC is still the best platform :).
BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BoloTheGreat
Member since 2008 • 3483 Posts

2-10-08
For What? It will be a compleatly differet game, go look at all the console Far Cry games then get back to me.
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 nmaharg
[QUOTE="2-10-08"]

BoloTheGreat
For What? It will be a compleatly differet game, go look at all the console Far Cry games then get back to me.

Console versions on far cry were made by ubisoft not crytek. Big difference.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Compared to every other first person shooter that came out on consoles this gen, Crysis is a rubix cube.DragonfireXZ95
:| The game is pretty straight forward. What makes it so more complex than other shooters?
Avatar image for platinumxofhell
platinumxofhell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 platinumxofhell
Member since 2004 • 252 Posts

I am wondering how this will look on the consoles.

I'm still getting it on the pc.

BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 BoloTheGreat
Member since 2008 • 3483 Posts
[QUOTE="BoloTheGreat"][QUOTE="2-10-08"]

nmaharg

Console versions on far cry were made by ubisoft not crytek. Big difference.

Ah good point, but still you get the idea. Crysis was not a multiplat for a reason.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#84 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Good? more people to enjoy a great game. I only hope they will put the proper weight in pc version

Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Gamerz1569

No point in arguing a what if like will the game be dumbed down. Best thing to do is hope for the best. My question is why would you need to dumb down the game(PC Version)? Honestly I would be fine with the same engine. nmaharg

Why? To compromise for consoles. How else would Crytek makes Crysis for consoles. This is speculation on my part since consoles lack ram the only logical way to get it running on consoles it to dumb down the game. I doubt Crytek will make it different for the pc version (aside from graphics) there not much profit in it.

KalEl370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 KalEl370
Member since 2007 • 907 Posts

This is good news, I'd rather play it on the 360 anyways, and I'm sure crysis wars will be better on xbox live or psn.

Packagez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Packagez
Member since 2009 • 83 Posts
The Ps3 version will be the best version to get.
Pangster007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Pangster007

[QUOTE="Pangster007"][QUOTE="nmaharg"]

nmaharg

Then what game isn't linear? All games boil down to get from A objective to B objective.

It's a question of choice. Some games give you the choice to choose to do mission 1, or mission 2 or 3 all of which gives you A to B. Crysis does not give you that choice. Examples include many WRPGs and even GTA.

Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Gamerz1569

The PC version will be the best version to get. Packagez

Fixed it for you ;)

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 nmaharg

[QUOTE="nmaharg"] No point in arguing a what if like will the game be dumbed down. Best thing to do is hope for the best. My question is why would you need to dumb down the game(PC Version)? Honestly I would be fine with the same engine. Gamerz1569

Why? To compromise for consoles. How else would Crytek makes Crysis for consoles. This is speculation on my part since consoles lack ram the only logical way to get it running on consoles it to dumb down the game. I doubt Crytek will make it different for the pc version (aside from graphics) there not much profit in it.

I don't know the hardware in either system well enough to comment so I won't. But I don't see a reason why the console version would effect the PC version, because it already has a great base with Crysis 1. As far as gameplay goes I'm personally not looking for much more. I just want new weapons, enemies, and story. I don't see consoles holding that back.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#91 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

This is good news, I'd rather play it on the 360 anyways, and I'm sure crysis wars will be better on xbox live or psn.

robflores370
and how will crysis wars will be better? by having less players support and inferior graphics?
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 nmaharg

[QUOTE="nmaharg"][QUOTE="Pangster007"] It's exactly as he said. Go from A to B. That is linear (Whatever you do, it ultimately boils down to getting to this location). HOW do you get from A to B is not linear, i.e you don't HAVE to do it that way or this way.Pangster007

It's a question of choice. Some games give you the choice to choose to do mission 1, or mission 2 or 3 all of which gives you A to B. Crysis does not give you that choice. Examples include many WRPGs and even GTA.

Crysis does the same thing multiple times. With the side missions.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

You guys know how PS3 and 360 fanboys used to say that the Wii is holding back their games and will continue to do so? Never happened. The 360 and the PS3, on the other hand, are holding back PC games.

nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 nmaharg

You guys know how PS3 and 360 fanboys used to say that the Wii is holding back their games and will continue to do so? Never happened. The 360 and the PS3, on the other hand, are holding back PC games.

Hexagon_777
With games like stalker, world in conflict, the witcher, and left 4 dead thats a pretty empty statement.
The_Brodeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 The_Brodeo
Member since 2009 • 804 Posts

[QUOTE="Packagez"]The PC version will be the best version to get. Gamerz1569

Fixed it for you ;)

Not on my computer ;)

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#96 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

Gloating in threads like this confuses me.

According to console critics, Crysis is merely a pretty tech demo; all flash, no substance.

But if Crysis 2 comes to consoles, there isn't any possibility it's going to look as good as the PC version. Heck, it'd be a miracle if it looked anywhere near as good as Crysis 1.

So if you're getting Crysis sans breathtaking visuals, why is this great news?

KalEl370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 KalEl370
Member since 2007 • 907 Posts

[QUOTE="robflores370"]

adamosmaki

and how will crysis wars will be better? by having less players support and inferior graphics?

Shooters on the 360 sell very well, so I'm sure the community will be there on live. Also just about all xbox live gamers have a mic, have you played crysis wars on PC?, its not that great and hardly anyone uses a mic in my experience with the game.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
The Ps3 version will be the best version to get. Packagez
really? multiplats look better on 360 99% of the time, why don't you wait and see which version is better, and next time, give a reason why, don't just jump in with a random statement with nothing to back it up, i think it will be equal on both systems because the cryengine 3 has been built to optimise both systems
nmaharg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 nmaharg
[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]

Packagez
Maybe if the DEAD pc market wasnt full of thieves that calls themselves "piratezzz", The Devs wouldnt be FORCED to make these versions on Platforms where they can actually sell their games and make some money. Every platfrom should follow Sony and their anti piracy methods and implement the Cell and Blu-ray

Yeah because sony exclusives sell so well. lol