deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Crysis is still a beast it's a shame that the sequels are a disgrace going multiplatform ruined the series it should of stayed on PC same with the F.E.A.R. sequels.

beyyy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By beyyy18
Member since 2019 • 4 Posts

What I do not like in this game is the solo version, it only lasts 9 hours maxiumum and there is nothing interesting that happens

AppvalleyTutuAppTweakbox

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

Cool in theory, but poor execution. That ghosting and smearing is ridiculous. The shit video encoding does not help.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Mystery_Writer: It's screen space based path tracing. Crytek's recent ray-tracing reflections demo has disabled screen space reflections (SSR).

That_Old_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 That_Old_Guy
Member since 2018 • 1233 Posts

Still not worth the money.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61509 Posts

@BassMan said:

Cool in theory, but poor execution. That ghosting and smearing is ridiculous. The shit video encoding does not help.

Yeah, pretty much. Not a good example.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56216 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@BassMan said:

Yeah, pretty much. Not a good example.

Surprising they couldn't do this for Crysis 3 instead of 1.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

that color shade on the shadows really blew my mind, the graphics look way way better and more realistic because of it.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@Mystery_Writer: It's screen space based path tracing. Crytek's recent ray-tracing reflections demo has disabled screen space reflections (SSR).

ya I noticed it looked like HBAO

btw ron, have you seen this?

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

It uses path traced global illumination. Seems to only work on nvidia hardware. It doesn't need RTX , but of course it would help the performance to run it on rtx 2080 ti

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

I wonder why they don’t implement some of this internally and release the Crysis Trilogy Remastered to make some extra cash...you know...since they’re broke and stuff lol. Makes sense to me.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58390 Posts

That's pretty incredible, looks better than a lot of current game engines, and Crysis 1 is 11 years old.

This is why I love PC gaming: mods, mods, and mods! Where else do you get people making decade+ old games look better than the best looking games on console?

And to think, it only cost me 10k dollars and my first-born child!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ronvalencia

@Mystery_Writer:

AMD’s GLSL compiler being picky i.e. AMD's buggy OpenGL drivers.

https://sonicether.com/seus/

SEUS PTGI is an experimental version of SEUS that includes a totally custom software implementation of ray tracing that does not require an RTX graphics card and will work on any NVIDIA graphics card (though low-end cards may struggle with performance.

AMD compatibility is still being worked on). The “PTGI” in the name stands for “Path Traced Global Illumination”, which is the main feature of this project. It also includes ray traced reflections.

Loading Video...

CryEngine 3.8x's voxel ray tracing global illumination implementation

Loading Video...

RX 580 has beaten GTX 1060 i.e. higher complex shader programs needs higher TFLOPS.

Game has single render thread.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#14 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

That's pretty incredible, looks better than a lot of current game engines, and Crysis 1 is 11 years old.

This is why I love PC gaming: mods, mods, and mods! Where else do you get people making decade+ old games look better than the best looking games on console?

You got a good deal. ;)

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58390 Posts

@ronvalencia: Oooooh thanks for reminding me, I gotta try that game out again. Was a bit tough to run on my old 980 but I recently purchased a 2080 and a "2k" monitor.

Only put in a few hours with the game.

@BassMan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

You got a good deal. ;)

Yes I did

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ronvalencia

@mrbojangles25 said:

@ronvalencia: Oooooh thanks for reminding me, I gotta try that game out again. Was a bit tough to run on my old 980 but I recently purchased a 2080 and a "2k" monitor.

Only put in a few hours with the game.

RTX 2080 at 2000 Mhz has 11.78 TFLOPS FP32 and 11.78 TIOPS INT32 not including Tensor cores.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GeForce_RTX_2080_Gaming_OC/36.html

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

I'd be more excited if Crytek actually ported Crysis 1 to the current version of CryEngine because A: Newer versions of CryEngine have much more in the way of video optimization and B: RTX OFF.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts

Hey, that's pretty neat.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46444 Posts

The screenshots I saw on eurogamer looked horrible: everything looked washed out and there was way too much bloom. I far prefer the clean look of the original.

But I really like the idea of going back to older games and 'enabling' raytracing.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

@ronvalencia:

thanks, that was very informative video about Cryengine.

Also, I didn't know the problem was from AMD's side for Mincraft PTGI (good to know).

That Minecraft shader runs on older Nvidia cards as well (doesn't require RTX), give it a try if you can.

Here are instructions on how to obtain it (for anyone that is interested).

1- install minecarft (the java edition, don't get the windows 10 edition) downloadable from https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download/

2- when running minecraft launcher for the first time, go to "launch options" tab and click "add", and select "release 1.12.2" <= the mod seems to work with this version.

3- download and install optifine (seems shader tools the modder used for creating the mod), from https://optifine.net/downloads make sure to get version OptiFine 1.12.2 HD U E2

4- go to the modder's patreon page ( https://www.patreon.com/sonicether/posts ) and pledge a 10 USD to open up the rewards that allows you to download his latest mod (called SEUS PTGI E6, filename SEUS PTGI E6.zip )

5- optional: if you want to have the wood textures in that video, go to umsoea's patreon page ( https://www.patreon.com/umsoea/posts ) <= the guy that did the wood texture in the youtube video and pledge 5 USD to get his texture pack UMSOEA R3 textures.zip

6- copy the texture pack UMSOEA R3 textures.zip (keep it zipped) to %APPDATA%\.minecraft\resourcepacks

7- copy SEUS PTGI E6.zip (keep it zipped) shader pack to %APPDATA%\.minecraft\shaderpacks

8- unzip and copy UMSOEA R3 map.zip to %APPDATA%\.minecraft\saves

9- start minecraft launcher and choose "1.12.2 OptiFine"

10- once the game is running, go to "options->resource packs" and select "UMSOEA R3 textures.zip"

11- click done then go to "options->video settigns->shaders" and select SEUS PTGI E6.zip

12- click done and go back to the game menu and start a single player and select UMSOEA R3 map

13- you can always configure the shader options to your liking (e.g. increase RT reflections to match the youtube video) from "options->video settings->shaders->shader options"

14- enjoy