NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Remedy Entertainment recently released a trailer of the upcoming story mode developed by them for the Crossfire HD remake/remaster of the original Crossfire game in celebration of the soon to release Chinese closed beta. Crossfire HD will have 3 episodes. No news on how long or how many episodes Crossfire 2's singleplayer campaign will have/be.

So does this count as another AAA game for PC?

nishanth12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 nishanth12
Member since 2008 • 678 Posts

"So does this count as another AAA game for PC?"

ha

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NoodleFighter

@nishanth12: So does it count?

nishanth12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 nishanth12
Member since 2008 • 678 Posts

@NoodleFighter: I doubt it.

Atleast I doubt it'll be as good as 'Control'

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Is this a game about AMD graphics cards?

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Ahh, crossfire. That weird phase of my college days where CS:S was the shit in the PH and before CSGO was a thing. Good times. I'll look into it if this comes out beyond China. If not, still cool that remedy does this thing independently(?).

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@nishanth12 said:

"So does this count as another AAA game for PC?"

ha

PC games don't count.

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

About time. Finally Remedy is working on PC shooter.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

Really hope it will turn out good. looks interesting. FPS so im in.

looks much better than control.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#10  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

CrossFire is the most-played non-mobile video game in the world with 660 million players, and one of the highest-grossing games of all time... yet it's largely unknown outside Asia.

Do you think Remedy's involvement could help CrossFire expand beyond Asia?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

I thought Remdy was working on Crossfire 2's SP or did I read it wrong?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NoodleFighter

@nishanth12:Well the game is at least AAA in budget and production.

@Jag85:Remedy's involvement can definitely help expand Crossfire's world wide audience appeal. I'm sure there is a large enough demographic out there that want to experience a Counterstrike singleplayer like experience and the new Crossfire games could fill that void. Starbreeze's coop spin off could also do the same assuming their Walking Dead flop doesn't rub off on it.

@pc_rocks:They are. Both Crossfire HD and Crossfire 2 will have singleplayer/story campaigns developed by them. Crossfire HD is first one of the two currently available first despite hardly ever being talked about so as a result a lot of people confused it for Crossfire 2.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@pc_rocks:They are. Both Crossfire HD and Crossfire 2 will have singleplayer/story campaigns developed by them. Crossfire HD is first one of the two currently available first despite hardly ever being talked about so as a result a lot of people confused it for Crossfire 2.

IM SOLD!!

Its Remedy first try at FPS genre and we will see how they achieve.

i didnot liked quantum break and another QB looking game control that looks awful.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PC_Rocks

@NoodleFighter said:

@nishanth12:Well the game is at least AAA in budget and production.

@Jag85:Remedy's involvement can definitely help expand Crossfire's world wide audience appeal. I'm sure there is a large enough demographic out there that want to experience a Counterstrike singleplayer like experience and the new Crossfire games could fill that void. Starbreeze's coop spin off could also do the same assuming their Walking Dead flop doesn't rub off on it.

Okay. Do you mean SP for Crossfire as well because the current video is of story mode not SP?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NoodleFighter

@pc_rocks: It appears to be singleplayer and not coop. Using the term PVE gives off the idea that it will be a multiplayer type mode but nope it's singleplayer. Crossfire HD got announced about 7 months ago which was after their original announcement of making the single player campaign for Crossfire 2 which was about 2 years ago but they've changed it on their site to include developing story modes for both Crossfire HD and Crossfire 2. Apparently they made a new agreement with Smilegate and will be making single player campaigns for multiple Crossfire projects.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PC_Rocks

@NoodleFighter said:

@pc_rocks: It appears to be singleplayer and not coop. Using the term PVE gives off the idea that it will be a multiplayer type mode but nope it's singleplayer. Crossfire HD got announced about 7 months ago which was after their original announcement of making the single player campaign for Crossfire 2 which was about 2 years ago but they've changed it on their site to include developing story modes for both Crossfire HD and Crossfire 2. Apparently they made a new agreement with Smilegate and will be making single player campaigns for multiple Crossfire projects.

Ahaan...let's hope it's not a shitty CoD campaign.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By NoodleFighter

@pc_rocks: I'm wondering how the gameplay will be, will they try as much as possible to imitate Counterstrike and Crossfire style of shooting or are they gonna do their own thing. The story modes are being developed separately on their Northlight engine hence why the story mode looks a lot better graphically than the multiplayer.