sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 12059 Posts

First thing, I absolutely hate cross gen. But it does raises some question regarding cross save and upgrade cost. I do think Sony not gonna do either but there are some example that may force Sony's hand.

Cross save - Insomniac said no you cannot transfer save for Spiderman but has since backtracked and allowed the bit cumbersome cross save method where u need to have the PS4 version, upload save to cloud from in game then open the PS5 ver, download the save. This on top of many other PS5 upgrades like Nioh, Sackboy, Call of Duty and Borderlands 3. I think sony devs will implement this features easily.

Price and Upgrade Cost - $60 vs $70. Free PS5 upgrade vs no PS5 upgrade vs paid PS5 upgrade. So far Sony has taken the stupidiest forms which is no PS5 upgrade at all, requiring purchasers to repurchase if they want to experience next gen ver. So many 3rd party publishers have allowed either free upgrade or a $10 ($30 for EA Battlefield lmao) for many titles which may forces Sony to concede and make their exclusives have an upgrade path. I hope its free cause Oh My Gosh Sony you already developing a separate PS5 version just let users upgrade for free when they get their PS5! Xbox also give free upgrade paths to their games like Ori, maybe a bit of competition (if Xbox ever discover how to publish games again) can give Sony the incentive.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 124 Posts

The Call of Duty + Battlefield Cross-Gen BUNDLE get it today for only $90.

So I guess Microsoft smart delivery isn't going to be a thing moving forward? It was fun while it lasted.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 0

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 51296 Posts

@zerothehero said:

So I guess Microsoft smart delivery isn't going to be a thing moving forward? It was fun while it lasted.

Smart Delivery exists with MS games and several other games.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 12059 Posts

@Pedro said:
@zerothehero said:

Smart Delivery exists with MS games and several other games.

Too bad xbox dont make games on consoles anymore. Gosh when was the last time they make games? 2019 with forza? Gears?.... bleeding edge?

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 7231 Posts

Sony have handled crossgen abysmally. From the 70 buck cost of upgrading Spider-Man from PS4 - ps5 to the nonsense about DualShock not working on ps5 and all the way up to now when they persuaded gamers to preorder a ps5 by “believing in generations” then releasing games on PS4 anyway.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4414 Posts

I'm one of those people that did not even see a need for a new generation at all, so cross gen is ok with me.

WonderWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 WonderWinner
Member since 2021 • 1045 Posts

@zerothehero: "So I guess Microsoft smart delivery isn't going to be a thing moving forward? It was fun while it lasted."

That's dependant on the publisher on both the PS5 and Xbox.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 35253 Posts

Of course cross gen games have advantages and they don’t need to be “exclusives”. Not sure why you felt it necessary to make such a distinction. 😐

There’s numerous games now on Xbox that support the feature of getting the next gen version upgrade from the previous gen version as well as cross saves.