Cows, would you still buy and praise The Last Guardian if...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

Microsoft or Nintendo bought the rights to the IP and it became exclusive to one of their consoles or would it somehow instantly become a last gen title with crappy gameplay and visuals?

Seeing as it's a Sony IP, it has little chance of happening but if it somehow did, would you still get/like the game?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#2  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Why does it being a Nintendo game instantly make it have bad visuals and gameplay??

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nini200

@turtlethetaffer said:

Why does it being a Nintendo game instantly make it have bad visuals and gameplay??

Good question. Ask the cows. It's their logic apparently.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

@turtlethetaffer TC is merely referring to how cows damage control

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@voljin1987: Right silly me.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I wouldn't buy The Last Guardian even if it did finally release and got perfect scores across the board just on principle.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

If one needed to buy a Wii U for that game, then no I wouldn't buy it. Since Wii U is almost worthless imo and its future looks bleak too with the typical ninty gimmick games that everyone already played.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@voljin1987 said:

damage control what? The topic is stupid and based off the TC's fanboy expectations.

To answer this idiotic question, great games get praised by gamers PERIOD. Has Mario U being a wii U exclusive stopped playstation fans from saying it looks like an amazing title? No it hasn't. The thread reeks of insecure XBOX fanboy stupidity.

The Last Guardian has been in limbo for quite a while now and even tho it was a game people were excited for it is just one game. If the game were made for another system and if they owned the system and if it was a great game I do not see any reason why they would not like or get the game.

If you are asking if sony fans would buy one of the other systems JUST to play that game then your desperation and trolling is on a new level of stupid. TLG has not been seen for anything outside of old trailers from years ago. You nor anyone else has any idea of what the quality of the game would be EVEN on PS4 right now much less any other system. Time has passed since the the trailers of the game were shown and many people have a I don't care attitude about it even now. If there was new information about the game and maybe current videos of the game then I might understand the reasoning behind this thread.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

@casharmy take a deep breath and take it up with the TC.. he made the insinuation, not me

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@voljin1987 said:

@casharmy take a deep breath and take it up with the TC.. he made the insinuation, not me

again, what damage control?

just asking because that makes no sense.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nini200

@casharmy said:

@voljin1987 said:

damage control what? The topic is stupid and based off the TC's fanboy expectations.

To answer this idiotic question, great games get praised by gamers PERIOD. Has Mario U being a wii U exclusive stopped playstation fans from saying it looks like an amazing title? No it hasn't. The thread reeks of insecure XBOX fanboy stupidity.

The Last Guardian has been in limbo for quite a while now and even tho it was a game people were excited for it is just one game. If the game were made for another system and if they owned the system and if it was a great game I do not see any reason why they would not like or get the game.

If you are asking if sony fans would buy one of the other systems JUST to play that game then your desperation and trolling is on a new level of stupid. TLG has not been seen for anything outside of old trailers from years ago. You nor anyone else has any idea of what the quality of the game would be EVEN on PS4 right now much less any other system. Time has passed since the the trailers of the game were shown and many people have a I don't care attitude about it even now. If there was new information about the game and maybe current videos of the game then I might understand the reasoning behind this thread.

LOL if you took the time to write all that, surely I struck a nerve somewhere lol

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Just let the game die already.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Regardless of the hypothetical scenario, and despite cows' love of praising exclusives, sales of the Ueda's games are pretty low. But I still think whatever cult following loves these games for what they are wouldn't care as long as they had their game to play. Still, there'd be more Sony fanboys in a fit than there would be people genuinely interested in the game.

If there's any reason for true fans not to want to get this game it could be the long delays in development, coupled with project leaders abandoning the project, plus another Sony studio needing to step in to finish it. That to me would be a bigger reason for people not to want to play it than anything else.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

never seen someone jelly of a potential exclusive before. first time for everything

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nini200

@xboxdone74 said:

never seen someone jelly of a potential exclusive before. first time for everything

Yea true especially with Tatsunoko vs Capcom. Fanboys almost had a stroke when that was a Wii Exclusive and lets not even get started with Bayonetta 2 Lol

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@nini200 said:

Microsoft or Nintendo bought the rights to the IP and it became exclusive to one of their consoles or would it somehow instantly become a last gen title with crappy gameplay and visuals?

Seeing as it's a Sony IP, it has little chance of happening but if it somehow did, would you still get/like the game?

weird it is almost as when lems said mgs 4 was an interactive movie not worth the 10 bla bla but now that they are also getting mgs 5 it is the ultimate gaming experience.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nini200

@Krelian-co said:

@nini200 said:

weird it is almost as when lems said mgs 4 was an interactive movie not worth the 10 bla bla but now that they are also getting mgs 5 it is the ultimate gaming experience.

Sooo very true there. Lol wow I didn't even think of that Lol but this is about The Last Guardian so we're going to keep the attention on that instead of trying to shift it and say well they do it too like most cows do.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Krelian-co

@nini200 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@nini200 said:

Sooo very true there. Lol wow I didn't even think of that Lol but this is about The Last Guardian so we're going to keep the attention on that instead of trying to shift it and say well they do it too like most cows do.

just pointing an example, why make questions with obvious answers, both sides would do this with their exclusives.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

Leave it bro, this game will never see the light of day.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#20 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

They'd say they weren't excited for it to begin with and talk about how awful it looked.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

It's possible half life 3 may come out before the last guardian.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nini200

@Joedgabe said:

It's possible half life 3 may come out before the last guardian.

I would cry laughing if that happened Lol

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Krelian-co

@voljin1987 said:

nini200 marked this as the best answer

pretty hypocritical from tc to refer to one side when both sides do the same.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I'd wait for reviews, if it is on par with their other work I would definitely consider getting a Wii U, I already am anyways its just I don't want to play Mario or Zelda for the rest of its life cycle so having TLG would be a step in the right direction.

Fishsticklover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Fishsticklover
Member since 2013 • 252 Posts

It's only good if it comes to the PS4. I don't want to play the game in 720p filled with jaggies along with microtransactions

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

Lemmings still trolling System Wars I see. I had the assumption that they'll be playing the flops they hype up.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Dumb topic. What if you knew the world was going to end in 2 months?! LoL

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Who f*cking cares. The only people who fellate exclusives and then denounce them if they go elsewhere are fanboys, who I don't consider gamers anyway. They're just bottom feeders of internet forums.

And cows are not worse than lems, hermits, and sheep. They're all miserable.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
@Krelian-co said:

@nini200 said:

Well to be fair MGS4 had more cutscenes than gameplay, and it doesn't deserve a 10. It's a rather average game; I'd give it a 6.5 (there were better entries in the series).

But moving on to The Last Guardian. I was excited for it when it was announced for a last generation console, the PS3. I wouldn't care if it released on something less powerful than a PS4 as long as its released. Personally, I'd rather they have released it last generation when it was announced; now I have to go out and buy another console when it's released in 3+ years, if ever.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I wasn't really that interested in it to begin with.

But I will probably get it anyways.

Now if it went to a MS console, well I wouldn't be able to get it.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

neither Nintendo nor M$ would ever support games like Trico's, that's why I prefer Sony. Journey, Heavy Rain and Little Big Planet are games that wouldn't exist without Sony. In fact, Media Molecule went to M$, Nintendo and Vale before approaching to Sony and their ideas were denied by all of them. But at the end LBP won GOTY's, sold well and it has a 90+ on metacritic.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By nini200

@Gue1 said:

neither Nintendo nor M$ would ever support games like Trico's, that's why I prefer Sony. Journey, Heavy Rain and Little Big Planet are games that wouldn't exist without Sony. In fact, Media Molecule went to M$, Nintendo and Vale before approaching to Sony and their ideas were denied by all of them. But at the end LBP won GOTY's, sold well and it has a 90+ on metacritic.

Don't care about who would support what. This is a WHAT IF. IF Microsoft or Nintendo (Who actually would support the game btw) actually got it, would you buy it?

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Just scrap the game.