Counterstrike Global Offensive may be getting a battle royale mode

#1 Posted by NoodleFighter (9013 posts) -

I don't feel like forking over money for a broken game like PUBG so if Counterstrike gets a battle royale mode than that would be great. We do already have GO4TK mod but an official mode could steal players away from PUBG. I bet Playerunknown is pissed even more now. LOL first Epic Games who provided the engine for his game are copying him, now Valve whom provide his game on their store is copying him. I'd like a Team Fortress 2 Battle Royale mode where all classes can use each others weapons and the class you get at the beginning of the game is randomized.

#2 Edited by Xabiss (1189 posts) -

You get a battle royale mode, you get a battle royale mode, everyone gets a battle royale mode!

#4 Posted by Litchie (20695 posts) -

@Xabiss: LOL

#5 Posted by NoodleFighter (9013 posts) -

@Xabiss said:

You get a battle royale mode, you get a battle royale mode, everyone gets a battle royale mode!

I can't wait for E3 when inevitably more battle royale games/modes get revealed

#6 Edited by MBirdy88 (12230 posts) -

Why do you think this will steal players?

Counter-Strikes main gameplay is fine tuned but incredibly limited, they won't make something on the same scale.

DICE is in a grand position with Frostbite and years of large scale warfare experience to make an excellent battle royale game. But ... EA... ugh

#7 Posted by uninspiredcup (25348 posts) -

Sounds neat. Valve as well so automatically more polished.

#8 Edited by R4gn4r0k (27138 posts) -

The future:

Survival games - Out

Battle royale games - In

I love how fast this industry forgets, just to jump on the next big thing...

#9 Posted by Icarian (1752 posts) -

I don't see how CS would work. Maybe if they do something similar Warface with small maps and player counts. AWP and auto snipers should be very very rare drops in that case.

#10 Posted by NoodleFighter (9013 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

Why do you think this will steal players?

Counter-Strikes main gameplay is fine tuned but incredibly limited, they won't make something on the same scale.

DICE is in a grand position with Frostbite and years of large scale warfare experience to make an excellent battle royale game. But ... EA... ugh

Well for starters CS:GO doesn't run like shit on most PCs and is already one of the most popular games on PC. There is more copies of CS:GO sold than PUBG so far, so likely a good amount of PUBG owners own CS:GO and the ones that don't could buy CS:GO for like $10 in the next sale while PUBG is going to be $30 and doesn't go on sale much or at all. Sure Valve likely won't make a game mode on the same scale to include things like vehicles but CS:GO getting a battle royale mode is definitely going to impact PUBG in some way.

#11 Edited by Gaming-Planet (18764 posts) -

Would it work with its current shooting mechanics?

#12 Edited by UssjTrunks (10528 posts) -

Battle Royale games suck ass, but if it means the end of PUBG, then good. That game is a mess and represents everything wrong with game development.

#13 Posted by UssjTrunks (10528 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

The future:

Survival games - Out

Battle royale games - In

I love how fast this industry forgets, just to jump on the next big thing...

Battle Royale games have zero e-sports potential. The fad will be over in a year or two.