While I'm perfectly happy with Alien Isolation being the best Alien-related game ever by far, I still think that ALIENS-oriented game could be made. However, there are several caveats to consider. I think there is space for a quality ALIENS game, but only provided, provided:
- Aliens are as menacing and omnipotent as in Alien Isolation, needless to say they should either kill you or grab you to Hive in one move
- There are 5-10 Aliens at most per level
- You never get a lot of ammunition, if you have a full clip in your pulse rifle, then you're extremely lucky
- The weapons that you use are very rudimentary and unreliable
- There would be a huge emphasis on scavenging, crafting and using improvised solutions
- There should be a huge emphasis on using additional equipment and interacting with the environment
- The game should be a 3-character cooperative effort with class-based characters, huge emphasis on cooperation
- If you or other characters are grabbed and taken to Hive, you should be able
- Levels should be gigantic and interconnected a'la Dark Souls / Lords of the Fallen, with you unlocking strategic hubs as you go, and making makeshift bases there as well
- The characters and controls should be clunky
- Hiding should still be involved
I think that even Creative Assembly could do it. Of course I'd rather have another Isolation-themed game with several improvements to its already stellar formula, but I think this could be a good idea, too. And co-op element could be outstanding, but this is of course wishful thinking at this point.
What are your thoughts?