Could NINJA GAIDEN 2 steal E3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mouthpeace01
Member since 2006 • 2020 Posts
discuss
HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HoldThePhone
Member since 2007 • 3364 Posts
Despite its greatness, it doesn't appeal to the widest audience so no it won't be stealing any shows.
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
The first game on XBOX looked so good (and now a PS3 remake) it will be hard to make a WOW impression unless they change the graphic style somehow. So I doubt it.
Avatar image for jigglebilly1983
jigglebilly1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jigglebilly1983
Member since 2006 • 2696 Posts
If its even announced, my bet is it will be announced multi-plat or if not, a timed exclusive, but still multi-plat.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts

I have doubts it will even be shown. TGS or X07 seem like more suitable venues.

mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mouthpeace01
Despite its greatness, it doesn't appeal to the widest audience so no it won't be stealing any shows.
HoldThePhone
nor did GEARS as a hardcore action shooter with a new intuitive cover system, but....history says different
KodiakGTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 KodiakGTS
Member since 2003 • 1262 Posts

HoldThePhone

But E3 is only for gaming press and devs, so the narrow field of appeal wouldn't really matter. Now that I think about it NG2 could very well be present at E3. Supposedly Itagaki has been working on it ever since he finished DOAX2. That would be a very nice surprise if it made an appearance, and yes, depending on the state of such an appearance, it could steal the show.

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts
I don't think Tecmo is going to be at E3
lohithbms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lohithbms
Member since 2005 • 5081 Posts

For me definitely.

Avatar image for jigglebilly1983
jigglebilly1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jigglebilly1983
Member since 2006 • 2696 Posts

[QUOTE="HoldThePhone"]Despite its greatness, it doesn't appeal to the widest audience so no it won't be stealing any shows.
mouthpeace01
nor did GEARS as a hardcore action shooter with a new intuitive cover system, but....history says different

Its pretty much a remapped GRAW or PDZ Cover system. new and intuitive, LOL.

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts

according to itagaki it will, if it's shown that is

he said in a recent interview something about other devs losing their motivation in the action genre because they wouldn't be able to beat it

mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mouthpeace01

-Spock-
X07 is possible...and probable
HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HoldThePhone
Member since 2007 • 3364 Posts

[QUOTE="HoldThePhone"]Despite its greatness, it doesn't appeal to the widest audience so no it won't be stealing any shows.
mouthpeace01

GeOW was hyped like crazy and it sold fantastically for a 360 game. What are you talking about?

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts

I think the only game that has a chance of stealing E3 is Killzone 2. Thats because many people expect it to be freakin' horrible and such. If KZ2 looks like the E3'05 Trailer, and plays great, it will steal E3. Dont go crazy on me lemmings :P

NG2 will be good, cant wait for it, but I doubt it will steal E3.

Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts

Well, according to The 1up Show (who have very strong connections with Itagaki) it will be shown, and there may even be a suprise demo. I hope they are right!

Btw, 360 exclusive. :P

mouthpeace01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mouthpeace01

[QUOTE="mouthpeace01"][QUOTE="HoldThePhone"]Despite its greatness, it doesn't appeal to the widest audience so no it won't be stealing any shows.
HoldThePhone

GeOW was hyped like crazy and it sold fantastically for a 360 game. What are you talking about?

yeah after e3...duh?
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 asdasd

Well, according to The 1up Show (who have very strong connections with Itagaki) it will be shown, and there may even be a suprise demo. I hope they are right!

Raidea

Demo on Xbox Live for E3 Bringing it Home?

Yes please!

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
It will steal the show for me.
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#19 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
Nah, if anything, it will be Killzone 2 if it's done right:)
Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Raidea

Yes please!

asdasd

Holy. ****. That would be awesome.

Unfortunately, I'm on holiday for half of E3! Agh! I just hope the demo (if there is one) goes up early.

hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hotdaisy18
Member since 2004 • 1909 Posts

I think the hype around the show right now is "So what's Killzone 2 going to look like?". We haven't seen anything about it. And everyone knows Sony has a lot to make up for this E3. Everything is riding on this show. If they do well to impress, then it's on to TGS which is a no brainer that Sony will take that show. All because of FFXIII.

Although I honestly would rather see some Halo 3 single player action! Don't fail me Bungie.

Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Raidea

The amount you guys are going on about Killzone 2, you're going to hype it when it is first seen no matter how it looks or plays.

Honestly, you've never even seen the game, and you've barely heard about it. What are you hyping it for?

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
it will steal E3 if it gets announced wii exclusive (no happening) but it could be so funny to see the fanboys from the other two sides getting owned.
TEH_rankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TEH_rankie
Member since 2007 • 344 Posts

[QUOTE="Raidea"]

asdasd

Yes please!

If there's a demo on live i would have the biggest nerdgasm of my entire life.
Avatar image for supermechakirby
supermechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 supermechakirby
Member since 2003 • 10677 Posts
[QUOTE="-Spock-"]

mouthpeace01

X07 is possible...and probable

http://kotaku.com/gaming/food/itagaki-talks-motivation-cabbage-267005.php

I'd like to show everybody some of the new stuff that we've been working on in the near future. The only problem with that is that when the other developers see what we're doing, they're going to lose all of their motivation to create any game in the same genre, because there's no way they can beat it. Itagaki

hotdaisy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hotdaisy18
Member since 2004 • 1909 Posts

The amount you guys are going on about Killzone 2, you're going to hype it when it is first seen no matter how it looks or plays.

Honestly, you've never even seen the game, and you've barely heard about it. What are you hyping it for?

Raidea

You just nailed it. No one has seen this game yet. That's the hype. People are curious to see what it will look like in the end. Why can't Cows be somewhat optimistic about that? If the game turns out to be great, then that hype just doubles two times fold. Ask yourself the same question about say Lost Oddessy. We've seen some sort of mediocre demo of it. Nothing much more about it. So where's the hype behind that? I think it's the same sort of case when compared to Killzone 2. Once we see more of it, we're going to be either much more impressed with the game and hyped or don't care for it at that point.

furtherfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 furtherfan
Member since 2007 • 3699 Posts
it could grab my attention, but it wouldn't steal the show i think.
Kevanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kevanio
Member since 2006 • 580 Posts
if this is exclusive i can see cows saying you got NG1.5, the graphics arent better than sigma ect ect
Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Raidea
[QUOTE="Raidea"]

hotdaisy18

You just nailed it. No one has seen this game yet. That's the hype. People are curious to see what it will look like in the end. Why can't Cows be somewhat optimistic about that? If the game turns out to be great, then that hype just doubles two times fold. Ask yourself the same question about say Lost Oddessy. We've seen some sort of mediocre demo of it. Nothing much more about it. So where's the hype behind that? I think it's the same sort of case when compared to Killzone 2. Once we see more of it, we're going to be either much more impressed with the game and hyped or don't care for it at that point.

Ok, I get it. It's an unknown quantity really, and people are always looking for the next big thing.

I don't see the need compare this to LO, people haven't been hyping that game anywhere near the extent of Killzone 2. Plus, we know quite a bit about LO, story wise, gameplay wise and graphics wise. There is hardly any connection between the two games in what I'm taking about.

I suppose Killzone 2 does have some way of stealing the show, as we don't anything know about it yet. Still, it has to be something really, really special to match Halo 3.

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
When I a guy says that he is not showing NG2 just because he doesn't want to hurt the other action game developer's feelings, I expect a lot. Or Itagaki is being arrogant. But seeing as NG, a game released 3 1/2 years ago, is still the best action game around I can believe him.
blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts
How do you know it's going to be revealed at E3?
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

Not a single chance.

Ninja Gainden and DMC are the kind of games that will never really impress when they are presented at big events like E3. That's because they are too simple, linear and not innovative and their graphics are never stunning. But in the end, they always get good reviews.

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts
What if NG wasn't on the 360?
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 asdasd

Not a single chance.

Ninja Gainden and DMC are the kind of games that will never really impress when they are presented at big events like E3. That's because they are too simple, linear and not innovative and their graphics are never stunning. But in the end, they always get good reviews.

Timesplitter14

Ninja Gaiden Graphics werent stunning? :roll:

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts
Despite how great the game was, it wasnt a success on the xbox due to sales. I think team ninja did the right thing by bringing it over to the ps3 aswell because now it will sell alot better and the game will finally get its recognition it deserved. I dont mean to be harsh on the xbox fanbase but personally, my opinion ninja gaiden and ninja gaiden black were the best titles on the xbox and was overshadowed by games like halo and halo 2 which in my opinion are overrated when u compare it to a ninja gaiden or ninja gaiden black. I mean I know alot of u will say, they are 2 different games, but still if u were such a true fan to the series then why didnt alot of u buy the damn game? I mean it makes no sense when I see lemming fanboys whine about how they want ninja gaiden 2 but also dont remember how hard team ninja made these games for xbox users only and for none of the 2 ninja gaiden and ninja gaiden black to not sell a million copies, out of fanbase of 20 million + that is just sad and shows alot of ppl who owned an xbox didnt understand the meaning of a great game and were all caught up on the online aspects of games which halo 2 proves that most xbox gamers love there online games and forget about games like ninja gaiden which is a game that is superior to halo in gameplay wise and story and graphics and it takes more skills to play ninja gaiden then a halo and maybe this is the reason the game didnt do so well but still ashame to see such a great game not get its recognition from the fanbase of its own console. I hope Ninja Gaiden Sigma is a success and sells a few millions so that team ninja gets alot more praise for this franchise.
Avatar image for Riviera_Phantom
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 Riviera_Phantom
Member since 2006 • 3658 Posts
Remember Ninja Gaiden 2 is going to be far more popular than the original simply because it's well known now. If Tecmo can release an amazing trailer and a super demo then yeah it could. It's an amazing action game and NG2 needs to have a bigger emphasis on story to truly stand out.
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Riviera_Phantom

Despite how great the game was, it wasnt a success on the xbox due to sales. I think team ninja did the right thing by bringing it over to the ps3 aswell because now it will sell alot better and the game will finally get its recognition it deserved. I dont mean to be harsh on the xbox fanbase but personally, my opinion ninja gaiden and ninja gaiden black were the best titles on the xbox and was overshadowed by games like halo and halo 2 which in my opinion are overrated when u compare it to a ninja gaiden or ninja gaiden black. I mean I know alot of u will say, they are 2 different games, but still if u were such a true fan to the series then why didnt alot of u buy the damn game? I mean it makes no sense when I see lemming fanboys whine about how they want ninja gaiden 2 but also dont remember how hard team ninja made these games for xbox users only and for none of the 2 ninja gaiden and ninja gaiden black to not sell a million copies, out of fanbase of 20 million + that is just sad and shows alot of ppl who owned an xbox didnt understand the meaning of a great game and were all caught up on the online aspects of games which halo 2 proves that most xbox gamers love there online games and forget about games like ninja gaiden which is a game that is superior to halo in gameplay wise and story and graphics and it takes more skills to play ninja gaiden then a halo and maybe this is the reason the game didnt do so well but still ashame to see such a great game not get its recognition from the fanbase of its own console. I hope Ninja Gaiden Sigma is a success and sells a few millions so that team ninja gets alot more praise for this franchise.squallff8_fan

Every game was overshadowed by Halo and Halo 2 on Xbox. NG sold fairly well for a new IP on Xbox. NG2 would definitely sell a million on 360 easily. And Sigma won't well that well on PS3 either. Simply because PS3's userbase is small.

Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts
Everyone this just in a 360 exclusive Ninja Gaiden: Sigma: Black.
Riviera_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Riviera_Phantom

What if NG wasn't on the 360?NobuoMusicMaker

That's impossible. NG2 will be on 360. The ? is will it be exclusive, most likely timed exclusive.

Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts
[QUOTE="Timesplitter14"]

Not a single chance.

asdasd

Ninja Gaiden Graphics werent stunning? :roll:

Not really. I mean they're not spectacular. There's always small environments with no interaction and almost no physics.

eastside49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 eastside49er
Member since 2002 • 19559 Posts
It will probably be there, but not playable. It will be announced as a 360 exclusive.
Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

[QUOTE="NobuoMusicMaker"]What if NG wasn't on the 360?Riviera_Phantom

That's impossible. NG2 will be on 360. The ? is will it be exclusive, most likely timed exclusive.

"NG2 will be exclusive to 360! Look at the last NG game... ooooh waaaait."