Convince me to buy a PS3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MDShaw2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MDShaw2005
Member since 2005 • 750 Posts
I have a 360 and a Wii, and I have recently inherited some money (most of which will be put into savings etc., but I have £500 to do what I want with). I was planning on getting a PS3, but I don't really know all that much about it's future exclusives and I don't want to spend £425 needlessly. So I was wondering if people could tell me reasons to buy it. Thanks in advance.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#2 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Bluray is amazing. Motorstorm and Resistance are great games. The console is very well built.
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts
No. Convince yourself these thread in system wars never accomplish anything. Bye
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts

I have a 360 and a Wii, and I have recently inherited some money (most of which will be put into savings etc., but I have £500 to do what I want with). I was planning on getting a PS3, but I don't really know all that much about it's future exclusives and I don't want to spend £425 needlessly. So I was wondering if people could tell me reasons to buy it. Thanks in advance.MDShaw2005

Convince you? Who do you think you are? the prince of Scotland? No one cares if you get a PS3 or not. 

Ganon_919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ganon_919
Member since 2007 • 2016 Posts
If you have a 360 and a Wii already, you might as well wait until PS3's big games come out... that's what I would do anyway if I ever had money :(
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
Hold on....*hammers down 8 gallons of gin* O..Ok, I'm ready. *burps* Dude, it's, like, so shiny, man. And it has these two REALLY shiny games. There, there's this one game wh-where you shoot alien Nazi's. Dude, that is so RIGHTEOUS!!! *pukes* Don't worry dude, I'm cool to drive. And, and, and there's this driving game, and all you do is drive, it is so SICK!!! I don't even need to be drunk to play that, dude! And it's got these blue rays that shoot out of it and screw with ya....
E_x_i_l_e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 E_x_i_l_e
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
How about you make your own decisions and don't rely on other people to tell you what to do? It's all about what you want in the end. No one can make you get a PS3 or like it, same goes with all the other consoles, or anything. Period.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Long into the life of the PS3, there are going to be a significant amount of titles that will not be anywhere else. Buying a PS3 now is useless unless you desperately want to play the handful of titles it has now.

You have to convince yourself which system to buy and justify the purchase. Don't just do because someone told you to. You will end up being disappointed and out lots of money.
KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts

This post could easily have been rewritten to say "Convince me to waste my money" 

Until the system has more games keep the money you have and buy games for the systems you own (which will most likely be on the 360 until the Wii catches up). When the PS3 has more than 1-2 games worth the cost of admission then its time to buy one. Who knows maybe you will get lucky and by then the system would have dropped a bit in price. 

The Wii is the only system I have ever bought at launch and I wouldn't have if my son not have asked "Santa" for it. My 360 was purchased once the good games started coming out. I am a firm believer of buying a system ONLY when its created somewhat of a worthy library of games. Anyone else is just a deer caught in marketing headlights. 

greg_splicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 greg_splicer
Member since 2007 • 2053 Posts

Long into the life of the PS3, there are going to be a significant amount of titles that will not be anywhere else. Buying a PS3 now is useless unless you desperately want to play the handful of titles it has now.

You have to convince yourself which system to buy and justify the purchase. Don't just do because someone told you to. You will end up being disappointed and out lots of money.
foxhound_fox

About the case, keep your money, get 360 games and get PS3 when games come, late 2008, that will have droped to 500$ too

Also i would recommend a DX10 pc before, it does not cost too much now, and Crysis + Dragon Age will be out before FF13, MGS4 etc

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
If you're asking other people to convince you to buy something you really shouldn't be buying it. Look at the games it offers, and make a decision if these games are worth the money.
Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Iyethar
Member since 2006 • 4660 Posts

Buy a PS3!

How was that? 

MetalContra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 MetalContra
Member since 2006 • 1131 Posts

[QUOTE="MDShaw2005"]I have a 360 and a Wii, and I have recently inherited some money (most of which will be put into savings etc., but I have £500 to do what I want with). I was planning on getting a PS3, but I don't really know all that much about it's future exclusives and I don't want to spend £425 needlessly. So I was wondering if people could tell me reasons to buy it. Thanks in advance.shungokustasu

Convince you? Who do you think you are? the prince of Scotland? No one cares if you get a PS3 or not.

i care 

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
If Blu-Ray catches on then it will be a good deal.