SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Awesome... This is more of a PSA but to ask a question... What's your hype for this game?

I liked Alan Wakes and Quantum Break and I'm thinking it's really looking and sounding interesting and I'm looking forward to trying this one.

How about you?

The Story.

---

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/control-release-date-announced-for-ps4-xbox-one-an/1100-6465769/

Control Release Date Announced For PS4, Xbox One, And PC

Control launches sooner than you might think.

Alan Wake and Quantum Break developer Remedy has confirmed the release date of its newest project, Control. The action-adventure title will launch for PS4, Xbox One, and PC on August 27.

Remedy confirmed the news to Eurogamer following rumors sparked by a leaked Xbox Store listing. The game was first revealed at E3 2018, where it quickly became one of our most anticipated games.

Control stars Jesse Faden, a woman with supernatural abilities. At the game's start, Jesse breaks into the Federal Bureau of Control--a fictional government agency that researches ways to explain and exploit paranormal phenomenon--in order to discover the truth about the origin of her powers. Her infiltration, however, runs into a snag, and she's suddenly thrust into a fight to protect the Bureau as its new director.

Jesse's powerful supernatural abilities allow her to wield telekinesis to rip apart the environment, or lift herself up and fly through the air. She can also seize the minds of others, bending them to her will and forcing them to fight alongside her.

article continues below advertisement

Game director Mikael Kasurinen compared the atmosphere of Control to the 2018 movie Annihilation, while Remedy creative director Sam Lake loves that Control gives him the freedom to be weird again. For more, check out some Control gameplay from E3 2018 above.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

yeah man, I'm a big fan of Remedy:

Max Payne, Max Payne 2, Alan Wake, American Nightmare, Quantum Break, all of these games were a joy to play.

It's nice their games are coming to Playstaiton after a long while.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Loooooveed Alan wake, such a shame that get game didn’t become the success it deserved. Quantum break was a bit much, but had some very interesting combat!

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

I've wanted to give Quantum Break a try but the overly cinematic nature has kept me from doing so.

Hopefully this game - is actually a game . Might actually try it out

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

This looks like worst remedy game by far for lot of reasons.

remedy should have made Alan wake 2.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SecretPolice

@AsadMahdi59:

The actual game you play is pretty good and all or most of the movie-game part ( TV Series ) can be skipped with a press of the button.

It's on GamePass if you have that.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I enjoyed Quantum Break and Alan Wake so Ill surely get this , but damn there's just so much on my plate I dont need new games but I want to get it.....im not getting the same vibe from it as QB though I dont know maybe because I haven't really seen any trailers, when they were with Microsoft QB got more marketing I think, but this game has been fairly under the radar.

Anyways, August is still far away so that's good

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice

@Alucard_Prime:

Yeah, my cup runneth over as well just with GWG and GamePass and they just added new games to that yesterday. Last game I bought was Titanfall 2 and hardly played much of that, yikes.

But with this, Gears 5 and perhaps even Halo: Infinite ( SP campaign only ) and some others coming late this year, my goodness, I'm going to need to start hiring people to do my gaming for me. lolol :P

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Awesome... one of my most wanted games this year!

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Not much hype but not ignoring... all of this game series has meant something to someone in a kinda deep way so I guess it's best to keep an eye on it all.