Consolites are too young to know it, BUT PC dominated since SNES

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#151 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

PC winning every SW gen isn't relevant?

Jankarcop

Maybe in your dream world, but in the real world, the PC has never dominated over consoles when it came to sales or revenues.

And until the 21st century, the PC didn't dominate "teh graphics" either...

You mean technically? Let's see...

1st Gen - PC gaming didn't even exist, so consoles win by default

2nd Gen - PC gaming was taking its baby steps, so once again, consoles win by default

3rd Gen - Sega Master System was more powerful than 8-bit computers throughout

4th Gen - Neo Geo was more powerful than 16-bit computers throughout

5th Gen - Consoles had an early lead, but with the help of the new 3D accelerator cards, the PC eventually overtook consoles for the first time

6th Gen - Consoles dominated the PC in the early years, but PC graphics cards eventually overtook consoles in later years

7th Gen - Consoles had a very brief lead that barely lasted a year before the PC technically dominated them. By far the PC's most dominant era in technical terms.

Jag85

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

When we say a System won, its games, not "teh salez". 

Maybe in your dream world, but in the real world, the PC has never dominated over consoles when it came to sales or revenues.

In the real world, games count is what matters...not how much your favorite company sold. :lol:

Oh and you're wrong about that too btw:

slide_03_2011.jpg

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
I'd have to say no no no no, there was a point when diablo came out that it was big, but snes/n64/psx/ps2 were all easily better. Yes there were strategy and fps games one PC and they domintated, but those 4 systems easily dominated PC. It wasn't until ps3 hit where the variety in console heavy games took a nose dive, like platformers, brawlers, rpgs, action adventure games.Everyone started dumping out FPS games and there is a clear market saturation and PC is generally looking better now since niche genres can exist on the PC more easily.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Jankarcop

I'd have to say no no no no, there was a point when diablo came out that it was big, but snes/n64/psx/ps2 were all easily better. .savagetwinkie

PC was first place in aaa/aa games that gen.

I'd have to say yes yes yes.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 savagetwinkie

[QUOTE="savagetwinkie"]I'd have to say no no no no, there was a point when diablo came out that it was big, but snes/n64/psx/ps2 were all easily better. .Jankarcop

PC was first place in aaa/aa games that gen.

I'd have to say yes yes yes.

you can almost say that about every gen for pc because people just dumped games on it, but I mentioned variety and it was definitly strong on snes -> ps2 gens, I think PC gaming ruined consoles with shooters

also PC gaming was absolutely terrible to get into pre windows xp, i don't think it was something easily embracable until windows 7 realisticly. 

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

When I think of PC Gaming there isn't much that excites me.

WoW is old and tired, Diablow 3 was trash, Starcraft is pretty good. Planetside 2 stayed on my system for 2 days before I uninstalled it and every server has low pop now, I doubt it will survive 2 months before they start server merge. LoL/Dota is Nyquil. Civ is great BUT Civ Revolutions (console) can play a full game in under 4 hours and removes all the boring parts. Arma Nyquil. Plane/Train/Tractor sim - Ok cool but very niche.

Every time ppl say "PC has more exclusives" what usually follows is a long list of shovelware.

Console side is all the good stuff; Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable, Zombie U and Ninty games, and the fabulous Playestation ecosystem which could fill up this whole page with legendary titles like Metal Gear, Uncharted, Motorstorm, Heavy Rain, Twisted Metal, Starhawk, Demon Souls, God of War, Journey, Killzone, Ni No Kuni, Infamous, Last of Us etc etc.

Not to mention all the "console multiplats" that never make it to PC (or a busted version like GTA IV.)

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Jag85

When we say a System won, its games, not "teh salez". 

Jankarcop

In the real world, games count is what matters...not how much your favorite company sold. :lol:

Oh and you're wrong about that too btw:

slide_03_2011.jpg

That pie chart is wrong.

Here are the software revenues (according to DFC Intelligence and nVidia) for PC and consoles up until 2011 (while everything after that is predictions)...

Stat1.png

Note that these do not include console hardware revenues, in which case the console revenues would be much higher than what's shown here.

Either way, my point still stands: PC gaming has never dominated console gaming in terms of sales. That day might one day come in your dream future, but that time is not now, I'm afraid.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Jankarcop

1. Thats all consoles and handhelds combined.  PC beats each individually.

2. I'm talking about games when I said PC wins every gen.  You have yet to deny this fact.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

2. I'm talking about games when I said PC wins every gen.  You have yet to deny this fact.

Jankarcop
Consolites always hide behind sales even though it doesn't result in more quality games than the PC overall, such a failure arguement, unless they have stock in the companies.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

> Implying that anything could beat the SNES in terms of gaming in the 90's

LOL

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Jag85

Jankarcop

1. Maybe this gen, but certainly not in previous generations. As the chart shows, PC gaming has only just begun catching up in the last couple of years. Up until the growth of MMO and social games in the last couple of years (especially in Asia), the PC gaming industry was significantly smaller than what it is today.

2. What about the games? If you don't mean the graphics or the sales, then are you talking about the quality of the games? If so, then what are you basing your claim on? According to GameRankings, MetaCritic, and GameSpot, most of the highest-rated games of all time are console games. According to most of the "greatest games of all time" lists from most sites and publications, most of the all-time best games are also console games. Your claims are nonsensical.

Consolites always hide behind sales even though it doesn't result in more quality games than the PC overall, such a failure arguement, unless they have stock in the companies.MBirdy88

Reminds me of how "teh master race" always hide behind "teh graphics"...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jag85

1. Maybe this gen, but certainly not in previous generations. As the chart shows, PC gaming has only just begun catching up in the last couple of years. Up until the growth of MMO and social games in the last couple of years (especially in Asia), the PC gaming industry was significantly smaller than what it is today.

2. What about the games? If you don't mean the graphics or the sales, then are you talking about the quality of the games? If so, then what are you basing your claim on? According to GameRankings, MetaCritic, and GameSpot, most of the highest-rated games of all time are console games. According to most of the "greatest games of all time" lists from most sites and publications, most of the all-time best games are also console games. Your claims are nonsensical.

Consolites always hide behind sales even though it doesn't result in more quality games than the PC overall, such a failure arguement, unless they have stock in the companies.MBirdy88

No, just unlike you we have that to brag about aswell.
LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 LazySloth718

Name 5 games that are worth spending (hypothetically) $700 for a new PC that you can't play anywhere else.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#165 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

snes was so good.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Name 5 games that are worth spending (hypothetically) $700 for a new PC that you can't play anywhere else.

LazySloth718
Guild Wars 2, Dota 2, planetside 2, World of Warcraft (which has gotten quite demanding for full graphics), Day Z, Rome 2 Total War, Anno 2077, Company of Heroes 2, Battlefield 3 (because lets be honest console versions suck.), Skyrim (the way its meant to be played.) oh it could go on, but I dont need to bother, as you said 5.
ultra641996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 ultra641996
Member since 2013 • 42 Posts

> Implying that anything could beat the SNES in terms of gaming in the 90's

LOL

MLBknights58
snes couldnt handle doom for jack ****
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jag85

1. For the last 4 gens, PC has had the superior graphics.  PC has dominated in graphics, there is no question about this.  The first 2 gens are the only exception.  Thats not exactly a big victory as everything looked like crap back then.

2. PC has the most aaa-aa (and A) games every gen here at GS.  Noone gives a damn about top 10 lists.  Especially not when its 5 vs 1.  If you don't like this, dont post at GS.

You keep forgetting these sales, gfx , and "best games" lists are all counting several systems.  1v1, PC wins in every category.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#169 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="jsmoke03"][QUOTE="rilpas"] have you tried playing an old console on an HDTV? not a pretty sight

anything not hd looks ugly on hdtvs....snes still looks fine on a crt

That's not true. Xbox, GameCube, and especially the Dreamcast look pretty good. I'd say Dreamcast looks better on an hd set than an sd CRT.

you must have one good tv cuz when i play my box or my gc....its total crap. looks like my genesis
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Jankarcop

You know you lost when you pit up every console in a gen, and their stats only slightly beat PC.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#171 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Well this thread sucks.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 savagetwinkie

You know you lost when you pit up every console in a gen, and their stats only slightly beat PC.

Jankarcop
PC's are made up of different systems and markets, why do they all get to be lumped into one giant market and consoles can't?
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

savagetwinkie

PC's are made up of different systems and markets, why do they all get to be lumped into one giant market and consoles can't?

Don't ask me, PC is its own system here and well...any other gaming site.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

please just put it in a blog, no one gives a sh!t

Jankarcop

PC winning every SW gen isn't relevant? LOL why you mad?

Are you serious?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

please just put it in a blog, no one gives a sh!t

lostrib

PC winning every SW gen isn't relevant? LOL why you mad?

Are you serious?

Yes, did I say anything factually wrong?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 Jag85
No, just unlike you we have that to brag about aswell.MBirdy88
And that's pretty much the only thing "teh master race" ever brags about.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]PC winning every SW gen isn't relevant? LOL why you mad?

Jankarcop

Are you serious?

face palm

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Jag85

1. For the last 4 gens, PC has had the superior graphics.  PC has dominated in graphics, there is no question about this.  The first 2 gens are the only exception.  Thats not exactly a big victory as everything looked like crap back then.

Jankarcop

Wrong. That bogus claim has already been thoroughly debunked (with pics to prove it) quite a while ago...

Nope, you're the one who is way too young to remember the 90s... Because the PC didn't start dominating graphics until the 21st century. Throughout the late 20th century, it was the Arcade that dominated gaming technology, while both consoles and PC's were always just fighting for second place. The first time the Arcade ever lost the lead was probably when Shenmue came along for the Dreamcast in 1999.

As for consoles and PC's, whenever a new console came out, it always had the lead over the PC for a few years (1987-1990 and 1994-1996), but then the PC would overtake it a few years later (1991-1993 and 1996-1997), then a new console would overtake it (1998-2001) before the PC overtakes again (2002-2005), and so on and so forth. Last gen was unique, in that consoles barely even had a year's lead before Crysis came along in 2007.

Anyway, here are a few 3D graphics comparisons between  Arcades, Consoles and PC's in the 90s...

Arcade - Galaxian 3

Foto+Galaxian3.jpg

Console - Star Cruiser

Star%20Cruiser%20(J).png

PC - Archipelagos

683488-archipelagos__4_.gif

Arcade - Virtua Racing

vr1.jpg

Console - Hard Drivin'

hard_5.png

PC - Alone in the Dark

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3bVqZayfYjzXsQ0UaTWg

Arcade - Virtua Fighter 2

138646-Virtua_Fighter_2_(E)_v1.000-5.jpg

Console - Ridge Racer

ridge_racer_64.jpg

PC - Doom

Doom_(32X)_(Prototype_-_Sep_06,_1994)_(h

Arcade - Virtua Fighter 3

vf3tb3.jpg

Console - Tekken 2

Tekken2_sc003.jpg

PC - Quake

Quake_1_screenshot_320x200_e1m3.png

Arcade - The House of the Dead 2

house_of_the_dead_2-287265-1252903907.jp

Console - Virtua Fighter 3 TB

Virtua%20Fighter%203tb10.jpg

PC - Half-Life

half_life_841705596.jpg

Arcade - Dead or Alive 2

dead_or_alive2_profilelarge.jpg

Console - Shenmue

shenmue3.jpg

PC - System Shock 2

System_Shock_2-s3.jpg

Jag85

1994 - 3DO:

505567-the-need-for-speed-3do-screenshot

1995 - PSX:

battlearenatoshinden_1.jpg

1996/1997 - N64:

pic_1126625047_10.jpg

waverace642.jpg

pilotwings-64-gyrocopter-robin.jpg

diddy_kong_racing_xmas.jpg

goldeneye-03.jpg

1998/1999 - Dreamcast:

sonic-adventure-dx-4.jpg

35243-virtua-fighter-3tb-dreamcast-scree

Soul_Calibur_DC.jpg

shenmue_dc-00004111-low.jpg

2000/2001 - PS2:

tekken-tag-tournament.1143367.jpg

35863-198775-ssx1jpg-620x.jpg

gt3_screen003.jpg

Metal.jpg

final_fantasy_x3_001.jpg

edit: these two deserve a pic too:

roguesquadron_profilelarge.jpg

halo%20111.jpg

nameless12345

The PC never dominated "teh graphics" until the 21st century, so stop lying to yourself already.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 clyde46

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]PC winning every SW gen isn't relevant? LOL why you mad?

Jankarcop

Are you serious?

Got any proof?
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

Are you serious?

clyde46

Got any proof?

You didn't see the end of gen tally last gen? Not my fault.  Ask casey if he still has it.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Jag85

2. PC has the most aaa-aa (and A) games every gen here at GS.  Noone gives a damn about top 10 lists.  Especially not when its 5 vs 1.  If you don't like this, dont post at GS.

You keep forgetting these sales, gfx , and "best games" lists are all counting several systems.  1v1, PC wins in every category.

Jankarcop

Okay, if you want to play that game...

At GameRankings, here are the consoles which the highest-rated game of each year belongs to since this generation began:

• 2012 - PS Vita
  • 2011 - PS3
  • 2010 - Wii
  • 2009 - PS3
  • 2008 - PS3
  • 2007 - Wii
  • 2006 - Wii
  • 2005 - GameCube

So let's see... The Wii and PS3 each have the highest-rated game of the year three times, while the PC has never had the highest-rated game of the year even once this entire generation... That's a pretty poor record for a platform that is supposedly "dominating" this gen.

EDIT:

But of course, since this is GameSpot, where GameRankings is unacceptable, let's go with GameSpot's Game of the Year instead...

• 2012 - PS3
  • 2011 - PS3, 360, PC
  • 2010 - PS3, 360
  • 2009 - PS3
  • 2008 - PS3
  • 2007 - Wii
  • 2006 - 360
  • 2005 - GameCube, PS2

Right, so that's 5 GOTY's for the PS3, 3 GOTY's for the 360, and one GOTY each for the Wii and PC... Again, that's pretty poor record for a platform that is supposedly "dominating" this gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jag85

At GameRankings, here are the consoles which the highest-rated game of each year belongs to since this generation began:

• 2012 - PS Vita
  • 2011 - PS3
  • 2010 - Wii
  • 2009 - PS3
  • 2008 - PS3
  • 2007 - Wii
  • 2006 - Wii
  • 2005 - GameCube

So let's see... The Wii and PS3 each have the highest-rated game of the year three times, while the PC has never had the highest-rated game of the year even once this entire generation... That's a pretty poor record for a platform that is supposedly "dominating" this gen.

:roll: GOTY awards.... yea, because one game having a % higher than others makes that game worth more than just one super quality game thats slightly lower.... yup, more idiotic logic.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#183 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

• 2012 - PS Vita
  • 2011 - PS3
  • 2010 - Wii
  • 2009 - PS3
  • 2008 - PS3
  • 2007 - Wii
  • 2006 - Wii
  • 2005 - GameCube

EDIT:

But of course, since this is GameSpot, where GameRankings is unacceptable, let's go with GameSpot's Game of the Year instead...

• 2012 - PS3
  • 2011 - PS3, 360, PC
  • 2010 - PS3, 360
  • 2009 - PS3
  • 2008 - PS3
  • 2007 - Wii
  • 2006 - 360
  • 2005 - GameCube, PS2

Right, so that's 5 GOTY's for the PS3, 3 GOTY's for the 360, and one GOTY each for the Wii and PC... Again, that's pretty poor record for a platform that is supposedly "dominating" this gen.

Jag85

To be fair, Jankar said highest AAA-AA rated games. Not highest rated game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]No, just unlike you we have that to brag about aswell.Jag85
And that's pretty much the only thing "teh master race" ever brags about.

You mean we don't brag about most quality games/exclusives? We don't brag about having better performing multiplats? We don't brag about having a much richer and diverse selection of multiplayer games? or hell lets just say games in general there. We don't brag about mods and the massive impact they can have on games? We don't brag about cheaper games in general and the services that acompany them (steam, greenman, pick your posion). Yea right mate, all we ever talk about is graphics :roll:
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

LazySloth718

For me?

FSX

ARMA 2

Hard Reset

Napoleon: Total War

Sins of a Solar Empire

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Jag85

GOTY awards.... yea, because one game having a % higher than others makes that game worth more than just one super quality game thats slightly lower.... yup, more idiotic logic.MBirdy88
That's pretty hilarious coming from hermits incapable of backing up their bogus claims with any kind of logic whatsoever.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

jun_aka_pekto

For me?

FSX

ARMA 2

Hard Reset

Sins of a Solar Empire

I will name only one

ARMA 3

Arma3-3.jpg

ARMA3-08-06082011.jpg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]GOTY awards.... yea, because one game having a % higher than others makes that game worth more than just one super quality game thats slightly lower.... yup, more idiotic logic.Jag85

That's pretty hilarious coming from hermits incapable of backing up their bogus claims with any kind of logic whatsoever.

So how do sales effect you as a gamer? and how does 1 slightly higher scoring game make a system so much more worthwhile over a system with many more slightly lower % games? your grasping for straws badly.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 clyde46

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

jun_aka_pekto

For me?

FSX

ARMA 2

Hard Reset

Sins of a Solar Empire

FSX is coded rather poorly.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Jag85

• 2012 - PS Vita
  • 2011 - PS3
  • 2010 - Wii
  • 2009 - PS3
  • 2008 - PS3
  • 2007 - Wii
  • 2006 - Wii
  • 2005 - GameCube

EDIT:

• 2012 - PS3
  • 2011 - PS3, 360, PC
  • 2010 - PS3, 360
  • 2009 - PS3
  • 2008 - PS3
  • 2007 - Wii
  • 2006 - 360
  • 2005 - GameCube, PS2

After all of those selective awards and lists.

PC still has the most AAA to AA (and A) games.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 jun_aka_pekto

I will name only one

ARMA 3

jhonMalcovich

The graphics in FSX may be dated as hell. But, nothing can touch its cloud and weather customization. Heck, its reviewers here at GS were probably clueless about it since they summed out the weather feature of FSX in one sentence, "Weather can be customized by the user."  

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Jag85

You mean we don't brag about most quality games/exclusives?

We don't brag about having better performing multiplats?

We don't brag about having a much richer and diverse selection of multiplayer games? or hell lets just say games in general there.

We don't brag about mods and the massive impact they can have on games?

We don't brag about cheaper games in general and the services that acompany them (steam, greenman, pick your posion).

Yea right mate, all we ever talk about is graphicsMBirdy88

1. You can't even prove it, yet you feel the need to brag about it? Hilarious.

2. Yeah, like that's not related to graphics.

3. Nope, I rarely see hermits ever bragging about that.

4. This is what "teh master race" should be bragging about, yet I rarely see hermits bragging about it. Funny.

5. PC gamers can also get free games via piracy too, without needing to mod their systems. Why not brag about that?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 jun_aka_pekto

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

clyde46

For me?

FSX

ARMA 2

Hard Reset

Sins of a Solar Empire

That's fine so long as I get my 24-30fps in the rural areas. I'm quite happy to remain in the local pattern. I'll even settle for 20fps in a pinch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]You mean we don't brag about most quality games/exclusives?

We don't brag about having better performing multiplats?

We don't brag about having a much richer and diverse selection of multiplayer games? or hell lets just say games in general there.

We don't brag about mods and the massive impact they can have on games?

We don't brag about cheaper games in general and the services that acompany them (steam, greenman, pick your posion).

Yea right mate, all we ever talk about is graphicsJag85

1. You can't even prove it, yet you feel the need to brag about it? Hilarious.  There is a spreadsheet here with all platforms counter up.... you fail again.

2. Yeah, like that's not related to graphics. Framerate, mods and graphics, often free dlc again fail. so what if its graphics? still a plus you fool.

3. Nope, I rarely see hermits ever bragging about that. Blind? 

4. This is what "teh master race" should be bragging about, yet I rarely see hermits bragging about it. Funny. Again blind. there are often mod threads often title something along the lines of "this is why PC and mods > all" ect. 

5. PC gamers can also get free games via piracy too, without needing to mod their systems. Why not brag about that? You can do if you like, this forum does not permit it however, to each their own.

The level of fail is fantastic, you see what you want to see, just to make arguementative points.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

For me?

FSX

ARMA 2

Hard Reset

Sins of a Solar Empire

jun_aka_pekto

That's fine so long as I get my 24-30fps in the rural areas. I'm quite happy to remain in the local pattern. I'll even settle for 20fps in a pinch.

Theres a few add-on and performance tweaks that can help. And a CPU upgrade would also go down a storm.
Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#196 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

LazySloth718

more than 5 for ya':

Starcraft II

DOTA 2

Civilization V

Garry's Mod

Starcraft II

Planetside 2

Arma 2

Hawken

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]GOTY awards.... yea, because one game having a % higher than others makes that game worth more than just one super quality game thats slightly lower.... yup, more idiotic logic.MBirdy88

So how do sales effect you as a gamer? and how does 1 slightly higher scoring game make a system so much more worthwhile over a system with many more slightly lower % games? your grasping for straws badly.

And how does making up bogus claims without any evidence to back it up affect you as a gamer? Time and time again, you fail to provide even a single shred of proof, instead resorting to straw man arguments and silly little games to run away from it.

If you truly believe the PC is the highest-scoring platform this gen, then prove it. And don't give me that bull about there being some "spreadsheet" out there. If this "spreadsheet" exists, then post it. As the saying goes, "either put up or shut up".

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 LazySloth718

[QUOTE="LazySloth718"]

MBirdy88

Guild Wars 2, Dota 2, planetside 2, World of Warcraft (which has gotten quite demanding for full graphics), Day Z, Rome 2 Total War, Anno 2077, Company of Heroes 2, Battlefield 3 (because lets be honest console versions suck.), Skyrim (the way its meant to be played.) oh it could go on, but I dont need to bother, as you said 5.

So in other words "we have better multiplats"

Because those exclusives suck butt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="Jag85"] That's pretty hilarious coming from hermits incapable of backing up their bogus claims with any kind of logic whatsoever.

Jag85

And how does making up bogus claims without any evidence to back it up affect you as a gamer? Time and time again, you fail to provide even a single shred of proof, instead resorting to straw man arguments and silly little games to run away from it.

If you truly believe the PC is the highest-scoring platform this gen, then prove it. And don't give me that bull about there being some "spreadsheet" out there. If this "spreadsheet" exists, then post it. As the saying goes, "either put up or shut up".

.... your new here I take it? the spreadsheet has beena round here for ages, I don't know where it is, I'm sure someone else could pull it out, assuming its even up to date. Its wildly known that what I am saying here is true. just because you havn't see it doesn't mean im straw manning. You cannot refute the points at all though. sales and a goty? big fkin whoop. the biggest PC game League of LEgends doesnt even have a review on gamespot.

Oh, it does, it has a 6.0 ... lmao who writes these reviews?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 jun_aka_pekto

[QUOTE="jun_aka_pekto"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] FSX is coded rather poorly. clyde46

Theres a few add-on and performance tweaks that can help. And a CPU upgrade would also go down a storm.

I already have Orbx/FTX for the US Northwest (and for Australia Red and Blue) and REX 2.0. But, the FSX game engine is a dinosaur. I'll assemble a new PC later this year designed for Crysis 3.