Consoles take away another pc advantage , the upgrade system.

• 110 results
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 15709 Posts

Every new generation brings new games and leave the old consoles in the dust, newer games aren't released on older consoles anymore, so you have to get the next gen console.

But this is not the case with this 'new generation'. At this point consoles have a similar upgrade system to pc's, we will have 6 different consoles from only 2 brands that are able to run the same multiplats.

Giving you the choice to play games on consoles that match your price point, just like on the pc.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 51831 Posts

Yeah, and I hate it. With PC, you're in full control of what you're upgrading, what you're spending, what you need. These fuckers can get away with anything. I remember the hype surrounding the One X and Pro. omg. Well, not really. Already new consoles on the horizon.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 39866 Posts

That's not "taking away", it "sitting alongside".

When it comes to the ability to upgrade it will be heavily streamlined and limited still.

Which for some will be seen as a positive, but it doesn't really negate PC's abilities, it's not really a new thing either.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 6922 Posts

@commander: What...?

Sadpolar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sadpolar7
Member since 2016 • 86 Posts

Xbox has me interested with the backwards and forwards compatibility stuff for sure. I think it’s a great thing. Maybe someday I’ll own my first Xbox ever. For now all the games I want plus thousands more are on my pc so I’m good. I’m mostly interested in the OG Xbox games in 4k. Back then they didn’t release most of those on pc and there were some great games! It’s a race for me. Will Xbox emulation get good enough on pc soon? If not a Series X might be in my future if they keep at it with bc.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5827 Posts

Wait. I thought you console fanboys always mocked PC gamers for having to upgrade their rigs.

Also, this isn't anywhere near the concept of PC upgrading. You're buying a new console each time.

On PC you purchase a certain component that will upgrade your rig.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

@commander said:

Every new generation brings new games and leave the old consoles in the dust, newer games aren't released on older consoles anymore, so you have to get the next gen console.

But this is not the case with this 'new generation'. At this point consoles have a similar upgrade system to pc's, we will have 6 different consoles from only 2 brands that are able to run the same multiplats.

Giving you the choice to play games on consoles that match your price point, just like on the pc.

Err... LOL?

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By commander

@uninspiredcup said:

That's not "taking away", it "sitting alongside".

When it comes to the ability to upgrade it will be heavily streamlined and limited still.

Which for some will be seen as a positive, but it doesn't really negate PC's abilities, it's not really a new thing either.

if it was an advantage for the pc because the consoles didn't have it,

then it's not an advantage anymore if the consoles have it too.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 commander
@IgGy621985 said:

Wait. I thought you console fanboys always mocked PC gamers for having to upgrade their rigs.

Also, this isn't anywhere near the concept of PC upgrading. You're buying a new console each time.

you have a point, but now you have 2 consoles, do you have 2 pc's?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 9914 Posts

I’m not sure I’d call having games still being developed for 7 years old underpowered machines an advantage lol.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By commander

@Juub1990 said:

I’m not sure I’d call having games still being developed for 7 years old underpowered machines an advantage lol.

it's not like the design of most games nowadays is made with the pc in mind, it's made for consoles and then it's being ported to pc.

yeah that's what the x360 started remember

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Juub1990
@commander said:

it's not like the design of most games nowadays is made with the pc in mind, it's made for consoles and then it's being ported to pc.

You'd need a source for your first claim.

Not that it matters because you're basically telling me making games "designed" for machines that approaching the decade mark is somehow an advantage.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 commander

@Juub1990 said:
@commander said:

You'd need a source for your first claim.

Not that it matters because you're basically telling me making games "designed" for machines that approaching the decade mark is somehow an advantage.

why would I need a source for that, this isn't exactly a secret, pretty much all big production games are developped with the console in mind because they make the most sales there.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Juub1990
@commander said:

why would I need a source for that, this isn't exactly a secret, pretty much all big production games are developped with the console in mind because they make the most sales there.

You claimed they were "ported to PC" of course you'd need a source for that. Designing something with console limitations in mind doesn't mean the game was "ported" to PC.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 commander

@Juub1990 said:
@commander said:

You claimed they were "ported to PC" of course you'd need a source for that. Designing something with console limitations in mind doesn't mean the game was "ported" to PC.

yeah of course it is , it is made for consoles first, not for the pc, adapting to the pc hardware is exactly what porting is.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Juub1990
@commander said:

yeah of course it is , it is made for consoles first, not for the pc, adapting to the pc hardware is exactly what porting is.

And you'd need a source for all these claims Mr.Armchair dev. How is the game development process? They fully design it for the PS4 or X1 and then port it to PC? They simultaneously work on all versions but use the X1 specs as a baseline because it's the weakest of the bunch? How does it work? You're making claims yet you got nothing to back you up except "of course" which isn't an argument.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By commander

@Juub1990 said:

And you'd need a source for all these claims Mr.Armchair dev. How is the game development process? They fully design it for the PS4 or X1 and then port it to PC? They simultaneously work on all versions but use the X1 specs as a baseline because it's the weakest of the bunch? How does it work? You're making claims yet you got nothing to back you up except "of course" which isn't an argument.

you might as well ask me source for the existence of the sun, it's an obvious business decision made for the major productions, since sales on consoles are much higher for the big productions.

Besides you're taking this way to literally, this was a argument to what you said here

@Juub1990 said:

and that doesn't matter since big productions on pc are made with the console limitations in mind.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Juub1990
@commander said:

you might as well ask me source for the existence of the sun, it's an obvious business decision made for the major productions, since sales on consoles are much higher for the big productions.

Besides you're taking this way to literally, this was a argument to what you said here

and that doesn't matter since big productions on pc are made with the console limitations in mind.

"It's common knowledge" isn't an argument and has never been. Either you provide a source or you don't claim shit because you don't have anything backing up your claims. "It's common knowledge that people in the ancient world thought the Earth was flat". Except it's bullshit but everybody and their dog would tell you it was the case.

It matters because a new gen typically signaled the baseline for game development increased with the new consoles. Now you're telling me the baseline is 7 year old crappy hardware and somehow that's an advantage?

Port or not, I'd much rather have games developed with the PS5 as a baseline than the PS4.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 sealionact  Online
Member since 2014 • 5421 Posts

@IgGy621985: Did you read what the OP posted? I dont agree with the point, because not all games will get the upgrade, especially on ps5.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

@commander:

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Juub1990

@WESTBLADE: Pretty much. Don’t know if he’s a troll but for such an old fella, he sure lacks perspective.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By commander

@Juub1990 said:
@commander said:

"It's common knowledge" isn't an argument and has never been. Either you provide a source or you don't claim shit because you don't have anything backing up your claims. "It's common knowledge that people in the ancient world thought the Earth was flat". Except it's bullshit but everybody and their dog would tell you it was the case.

It matters because a new gen typically signaled the baseline for game development increased with the new consoles. Now you're telling me the baseline is 7 year old crappy hardware and somehow that's an advantage?

Port or not, I'd much rather have games developed with the PS5 as a baseline than the PS4.

your comparison doesn't really hold up.

We do have proof that all games are all made with the console limitations in mind because all games released run on older consoles, and are made on the same engine. It's common knowledge because the results are right under your nose.

and the baseline for 7 year old hardware is the same on the pc for exactly that reason, so your argument has nothing to do with what i said.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Juub1990
@commander said:

We do have proof that all games are all made with the console limitations in mind because all games released run on older consoles, and are made on the same engine. It's common knowledge because the results are right under your nose.

and the baseline for 7 year old hardware is the same on the pc for exactly that reason, so your argument has nothing to do with what i said.

You still don't get. I never said games aren't made with console limitations in mind. Of course they are because if they weren't, why develop them for consoles in the first place? I want proof that the games on PC are console ports for the most part which you keep dodging. If you're gonna waste my time with "it's common sense" any more, stop that and concede you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Jesus Christ this is dumb. Let me make this clear for you. When you got your Xbox 360 in 2005, you were happy because right out of the gate, you had release titles like Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero that took full advantage of the new technology. In 2020, you'll get your spanking brand new PS5 and be stuck with shit designed for PS4. This isn't an advantage for "console gamers". It's an advantage for people running older, weak hardware and who won't upgrade to a PS5/SX.

The old consoles are 7 years old and were weak from the start, they need to die off. The fact that they're still gonna be the baseline for years to come despite the awesome hardware we'll be getting is terrible news, it shouldn't be celebrated.

Why'd you think everyone was underwhelmed at the Xbox presentation 2 days ago(besides the lack of gameplay)? These are all cross-gen games that don't even take advantage of the new technologies.

You may need to lower your expectations for next-gen graphics

Lower your expectations for next-gen graphics

And unlike you, I have sources.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 1057 Posts

Let’s see the first party stuff before next gen gets written off eh?

Make no mistake the new consoles have da power

Thinking otherwise is futile

HaH

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3158 Posts

you are trying too hard tc

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39522 Posts

It's not really similar to upgrading a PC

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#27 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 3946 Posts

@dxmcat said:

you are trying too hard tc

I know right. Waaaaaaaay too hard lmao.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3963 Posts

WTF did I just read?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Juub1990

@pc_rocks: Idiocy from a man approaching his 50’s.

Paddy345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Paddy345
Member since 2007 • 860 Posts

The Upgrade system was only brought in when Microsoft and Sony decided to make each generation longer. When PS4 first came out 1080p at 30fps was actually still acceptable, within a few years it was clearly outdated. In all honesty gaming is going to the cloud, it's just a matter of when

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By commander

@Juub1990 said:
@commander said:

You still don't get. I never said games aren't made with console limitations in mind. Of course they are because if they weren't, why develop them for consoles in the first place? I want proof that the games on PC are console ports for the most part which you keep dodging. If you're gonna waste my time with "it's common sense" any more, stop that and concede you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Jesus Christ this is dumb. Let me make this clear for you. When you got your Xbox 360 in 2005, you were happy because right out of the gate, you had release titles like Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero that took full advantage of the new technology. In 2020, you'll get your spanking brand new PS5 and be stuck with shit designed for PS4. This isn't an advantage for "console gamers". It's an advantage for people running older, weak hardware and who won't upgrade to a PS5/SX.

The old consoles are 7 years old and were weak from the start, they need to die off. The fact that they're still gonna be the baseline for years to come despite the awesome hardware we'll be getting is terrible news, it shouldn't be celebrated.

Why'd you think everyone was underwhelmed at the Xbox presentation 2 days ago(besides the lack of gameplay)? These are all cross-gen games that don't even take advantage of the new technologies.

You may need to lower your expectations for next-gen graphics

Lower your expectations for next-gen graphics

And unlike you, I have sources.

I'm not dodging that question because I already answered it , and you just confirmed yourself. They are made with console limitations in mind, so where do you get the idea they would develop the game for pc and then port it to the older custom architecture of the console, which are better customers for these type of games anyway.

Sure they might build it on a pc, but it is made with console in mind, not with current hardware of the pc, i mean the xboxone is like a gt 1030, that's very low end of pc gpu's.

and you're not going to change the market, games were made in past with newer tech because it was competitive, it still is, but not to the extent it was in the past, in the past they had to let the old consoles go because they had no choice.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Juub1990
@commander said:

I'm not dodging that question because I already answered it , and you just confirmed yourself. They are made with console limitations in mind, so where do you get the idea they would develop the game for pc and then port it to the older custom architecture of the console, which are better customers for these type of games anyway.

Sure they might build it on a pc, but it is made with console in mind, not with current hardware of the pc, i mean the xboxone is like a gt 1030, that's very low end of pc gpu's.

and you're not going to change the market, games were made in past with newer tech because it was competitive, it still is, but not to the extent it was in the past, in the past they had to let the old consoles go because they had no choice.

I don't know how game development work and neither do you which is why I ask for a source. Do they do any "porting" job when releasing a game simultaneously on all platforms? What if they have a PC version running with low specs and then port it to the dev kits of the consoles? What if it works nothing like you're claiming? You're essentially telling me games are console ports and I want a freakin' source backing you up. Not gonna ask again. Find me a source detailing how game development for multiplatform game works for the vast majority of games.

Building a game on a PC with console in mind has nothing to do with porting a game from console to PC. Dark Souls one was ported to PC. Witcher III was built with consoles in mind. See the major difference there?

And sticking to the thread, your OP is nonsense. Now because console gamers are hamstrung with shit-tier hardware, they somehow negate the hardware upgradability of PC's? Stupidity at its finest.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 56015 Posts

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 commander

@Juub1990 said:
@commander said:

I don't know how game development work and neither do you which is why I ask for a source. Do they do any "porting" job when releasing a game simultaneously on all platforms? What if they have a PC version running with low specs and then port it to the dev kits of the consoles? What if it works nothing like you're claiming? You're essentially telling me games are console ports and I want a freakin' source backing you up. Not gonna ask again. Find me a source detailing how game development for multiplatform game works for the vast majority of games.

Building a game on a PC with console in mind has nothing to do with porting a game from console to PC. Dark Souls one was ported to PC. Witcher III was built with consoles in mind. See the major difference there?

And sticking to the thread, your OP is nonsense. Now because console gamers are hamstrung with shit-tier hardware, they somehow negate the hardware upgradability of PC's? Stupidity at its finest.

from wiki

In software engineering, porting is the process of adapting software for the purpose of achieving some form of execution in a computing environment that is different from the one that a given program (meant for such execution) was originally designed for (e.g., different CPU, operating system, or third party library). The term is also used when software/hardware is changed to make them usable in different environments.[1][2]

Software is portable when the cost of porting it to a new platform is significantly less than the cost of writing it from scratch. The lower the cost of porting software, relative to its implementation cost, the more portable it is said to be.

The fact that they make software portable to make it run on the pc, doesn't mean they don't port it from console. Dark souls was a more difficult port, that doesn't mean the witcher III wasn't ported as well.

and again , for some reason you think the market doesn't matter, it does, more technological advanced games were made to sell. On another planet or universe your argument might stick, here it doesn't matter, since this is the market we are in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

@MonsieurX said:

It's not really similar to upgrading a PC

This.

Making a completely new build from scratch =/= upgrading.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By commander
@Juub1990 said:

@WESTBLADE: Pretty much. Don’t know if he’s a troll but for such an old fella, he sure lacks perspective.

@Juub1990 said:

@pc_rocks: Idiocy from a man approaching his 50’s.

I know I once said you were too young for some kind of debate but you didn't have to take it that seriously, besides, getting older might get you more wisdom, being in your 20's or 30's is still better than being in your 40's.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Juub1990
@commander said:

from wiki

In software engineering, porting is the process of adapting software for the purpose of achieving some form of execution in a computing environment that is different from the one that a given program (meant for such execution) was originally designed for (e.g., different CPU, operating system, or third party library). The term is also used when software/hardware is changed to make them usable in different environments.[1][2]

Software is portable when the cost of porting it to a new platform is significantly less than the cost of writing it from scratch. The lower the cost of porting software, relative to its implementation cost, the more portable it is said to be.

The fact that they make software portable to make it run on the pc, doesn't mean they don't port it from console. Dark souls was a more difficult port, that doesn't mean the witcher III wasn't ported as well.

and again , for some reason you think the market doesn't matter, it does, more technological advanced games were made to sell. On another planet or universe your argument might stick, here it doesn't matter, since this is the market we are in.

From wikipedia which has a dude who defined porting in his own terms and somehow it's proof that the vast majority of games are ported from consoles to PC?

The Witcher 3 wasn't ported to PC at all because evidently, they started the process of developing it for PC first and when they realized the consoles were weak as hell, they downgraded it to make it run on them. They obviously didn't start developing it in late 2013 to have it ready for mid 2015. So no, Witcher 3 wasn't ported from consoles to PC's.

Source

Porting The Witcher 3 to PS4 will be asy

@commander said:

I know I once said you were too young for some kind of debate but you didn't have to take it that seriously, besides, getting older might get you more wisdom, being in your 20's or 30's is still better than being in your 40's.

You were the ones making all the silly threads about online being difficult on PC. Then you went full PS4 mode for a few months before selling it off and coming back to PC for No Man's Sky and when we told you the crap-tier rig you were building wouldn't cut it, you didn't listened and when the game came out, you were complaining about performance. Last of your shilling was for VR so excuse me for thinking you're a lame-ass troll.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 216

#38 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14737 Posts

The idea of mid-gen console upgrades isn't exactly new. It's more like a throwback to a bygone era:

Gen 2 - Atari 2600 upgraded to Atari 5200.

Gen 3 - Sega SG-1000 upgraded to Master System. NES upgraded with cartridge enhancement chips.

Gen 4 - PC Engine upgraded with PCE CD. Sega Mega Drive upgraded with SCD and 32X. SNES upgraded with cartridge enhancement chips.

Gen 5 - N64 upgraded with RAM expansion pack.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By commander

@Juub1990 said:
@commander said:

from wiki

From wikipedia which has a dude who defined porting in his own terms and somehow it's proof that the vast majority of games are ported from consoles to PC?

The Witcher 3 wasn't ported to PC at all because evidently, they started the process of developing it for PC first and when they realized the consoles were weak as hell, they downgraded it to make it run on them. They obviously didn't start developing it in late 2013 to have it ready for mid 2015. So no, Witcher 3 wasn't ported from consoles to PC's.

Source

Porting The Witcher 3 to PS4 will be asy

@commander said:

You were the ones making all the silly threads about online being difficult on PC. Then you went full PS4 mode for a few months before selling it off and coming back to PC for No Man's Sky and when we told you the crap-tier rig you were building wouldn't cut it, you didn't listened and when the game came out, you were complaining about performance. Last of your shilling was for VR so excuse me for thinking you're a lame-ass troll.

even if that defenition of porting wouldn't be correct, I used it in that context.

and the witcher III may not have been ported from consoles, it mostly isn't the case, the witcher is one of those games that still has its roots on the pc and where the devs haven't been eaten up my major publisher like ea.

You're asking for sources, but I can't go asking every dev personally where they actually ported it from, but if you look at the gaming landscape of the last 10-15 years ago then it should be quite obvious what happened. Look what happened with crysis for instance.

and I made that thread about the voice chat ages ago, it was just comedy and to make people laugh, of course some system in system wars need to be the subject of it.

i'm still baffled that people still bring it up. and yeah since I play on different systems i also root for different systems. That you still remember no man's sky, it's 5 years ago, and indeed I should have listened. On the other hand I don't know if no man's sky was actually worth the money, i never went back.

and yeah I do love vr, and I will defend it for sure, to me it has the revived the pc, since no console comes even close to what the pc does for vr.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#40  Edited By Willy105
Member since 2005 • 25338 Posts

Buying a whole new system for a new GPU defeats the point of an upgrade.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 VFighter

@Jag85: The 5200 was a new console. The master system was a new console. Cartridge enhancement chips arent mid gen upgrades in anyway. The only thing you got right was the 32x, Sega CD and other CD based add ons.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jag85
@vfighter said:

@Jag85: The 5200 was a new console. The master system was a new console. Cartridge enhancement chips arent mid gen upgrades in anyway. The only thing you got right was the 32x, Sega CD and other CD based add ons.

The 5200 & SMS were mid-gen upgrades, serving the same purpose as the PS4P & X1X. The 5200 played 2600 games, and was built on the 2600 architecture (same CPU with higher clock rate), but with more advanced graphics and higher memory. The SMS played SG-1000 cartridges, and had the same architecture as the SG1K (same CPU with same clock rate), but with a more advanced graphics chip and higher memory, much like the PS4P & X1X.

Cartridge enhancement chips were the closest that consoles actually came to PC upgrades. Whatever chips the base hardware lacked, devs could just add those chips into the game cartridges. That's how the NES was able to pull off parallax scrolling effects, and how the SNES and Mega Drive could run 3D polygon games like Star Fox and Virtua Racing. It was cartridge enhancement chips that extended the capabilities of the NES, SNES and Mega Drive well beyond the base hardware.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 12652 Posts

Yeah nothing like having to upgrade your console with a specific price/item but for some reason still having lower fps/gfx than PC.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Willy105 said:

Buying a whole new system for a new GPU defeats the point of an upgrade.

New CPU, new I/O links, new GPU, and SSD with hardware decompression path.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 VFighter

@Jag85: The 5200 couldn't play 2600 games. It was a new console. The 7800 could play 2600 games, that's called backwards compatibility. The rest, I'm not even gonna touch, nothing you mentioned is a mid gen upgrade and I don't feel like writing a novel just for you to keep rehashing your novel.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 13085 Posts

That's not the same thing at all... the equivalent would be buying a new PC every few years

That being said, it's a step in the right direction. I'm sorry if that doesn't play into your SW narrative, but consoles more closely mimic PCs every generation, and every step they have taken has given consumers more options. And every time, a pc-like quality that was "superfluous" suddenly becomes a feature 🤔

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jag85

@vfighter: You could play 2600 games on the 5200 with an adapter. Since the 5200 uses the same CPU, but with a higher clock rate. As for the rest of your post, none of it makes any sense whatsoever. The 5200 and SMS were literally released mid-gen, as successors to a console of the same generation. According to your logic, the PS4P and X1X are new consoles, not mid-gen upgrades. There's nothing the PS4P and X1X does differently to the likes of the 5200, SMS, PCD, SCD, 32X, NES/SNES/Genesis cartridge enhancement chips, and N64 RAM expansion pack.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By IgGy621985

@commander said:
@IgGy621985 said:

Well, that's exactly my point. Why would I want to have 2 PCs, if I can simply upgrade the current one.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By IgGy621985

@sealionact said:

@IgGy621985: Did you read what the OP posted? I dont agree with the point, because not all games will get the upgrade, especially on ps5.

Well, yeah, I did read what he posted. Then again, I'm not entirely sure whether he is for or against consoles getting "upgrades"

Nevertheless, this is nothing new, right? We already had that with PS4 and PS4 Pro, and Xbox One / Xbox One X.

You're not getting a console upgrade. You're getting a new console.

When it comes to games, well, yeah, that seems to be a problem that wasn't present before. A game for PlayStation 5 MegaPro may not be compatible with PlayStation 5. And that sucks.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 commander

@IgGy621985 said:
@commander said:
@IgGy621985 said:

Well, that's exactly my point. Why would I want to have 2 PCs, if I can simply upgrade the current one.

you can sell the second console.