Consoles and games you regret buying.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

I don't have any console regrets cause i'v only bought SNES, PSone, N64, PS2, wii, and 360 but for games i'd say SSX blur (cause it wasn't as good as other SSX games) and some psone game the had a animal that kind of looked like conkor,.. holy crap i was like 7 when i bought it and now i'm pretty sure that game was bubsy 3d... lol also MUA for the wii

GXR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 GXR
Member since 2003 • 1476 Posts

I dont really regret buying the Wii... but its only sitting here collecting dust...

Sux being an european if ya like nintendo.. yah, ye heard me right.. atleast ye americans have Super Paper Mario..

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
Marvel:  Ultimate Alliance.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
None, I never buy a console without a feel for what games are going to come out for it. NES, SNES, PS1, N64, Xbox and 360. Although my brother did buy a PSP around launch and ended up selling it, that thing might have had worse support than the PS3 does. Ironically enough I'm probably going to buy one now.
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

I dont really regret buying the Wii... but its only sitting here collecting dust...

Sux being an european if ya like nintendo.. yah, ye heard me right.. atleast ye americans have Super Paper Mario..

GXR
yeah my wii collects dust to aculy it wouldn't but my borther ruined wii sports by touching it and i'v tryed every method to fix it like useing my shiirt useing a paper towel, spit, and other 
Raidea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Raidea
Member since 2006 • 4366 Posts
Regret trading Dead Rising for GRAW, especially since I now have R6:V. I don't care much for real-world tactical shooters.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 cakeorrdeath
Member since 2006 • 19079 Posts

I regret buying sooooo many games. There appears to be a very fine line between whether I like or dislike a game.

MY biggest recent regrets rebuying the Nes turtles game on virtual console and Small Arms on Xbox live. Both are absolutely awful and there isn't even a way to get rid off them. :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Both are absolutely awful and there isn't even a way to get rid off them. :( cakeorrdeath
Put the NES game onto an SD card then use a computer to delete the file.
PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts

I don't exactly regret having bought a 360 ...but I do regret that I bought it at launch... should have waited for price drop and better games (Halo 3 for example)

I regret buying FFXII this year also... didn't like it at all. I enjoyed FFX alot better.

cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cakeorrdeath

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"] Both are absolutely awful and there isn't even a way to get rid off them. :( Jandurin
Put the NES game onto an SD card then use a computer to delete the file.

I kind of meant for money. I'm not actaully offended by their sight:lol:. Well not much anyway. 

Wii defeinately needs demos for the games my memory is clearly not an accurate tool for determining game quality. Small Arms was my own fault, I was so desperate to play Smash Bros Brawl I jumped at the chance to play anything even remotely similar. I didn't wait for the review or play the Demo and I got burned.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

my memory is clearly not an accurate tool for determining game quality.cakeorrdeath
I learned that the hard way with movies I'd watched a lot as a kid.  :lol:

I only have 4 VC titles thus far.  I await Super Metroid :x.

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
The only game I regret buying within the last few months was VF5. It was fun for a while but the lack of online play made the game virtually useless unless people were over.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
Need for Speed games.
beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

part of me regrets buying the Gamecube back in the day...sure it had some great games but i ended up selling it after 18 months as i got sick of the droughts.

fattychubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fattychubs
Member since 2002 • 1079 Posts

I wouldn't say I "regret" buying the Wii but it's easily the least I have every played a console i have purchased.  I never use that darn thing.

I kind of "regret" buying Puzzle Quest for the DS, I can't stop playing it, and my hands hurt.

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
I regret buying Baten Kaitos for GC. I just can't get into the card battling system.. not for me.
cakeorrdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cakeorrdeath

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"] my memory is clearly not an accurate tool for determining game quality.Jandurin

I learned that the hard way with movies I'd watched a lot as a kid. :lol:

I only have 4 VC titles thus far. I await Super Metroid :x.

I have 3 but I reckon I would have 20 if the classic controller had been bundled with the console or if they included a points card with the classic controler. I just have a psychological inability to buy something I have no immediate use for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Jandurin"]

[QUOTE="cakeorrdeath"] my memory is clearly not an accurate tool for determining game quality.cakeorrdeath

I learned that the hard way with movies I'd watched a lot as a kid. :lol:

I only have 4 VC titles thus far. I await Super Metroid :x.

I have 3 but I reckon I would have 20 if the classic controller had been bundled with the console or if they included a points card with the classic controler. I just have a psychological inability to buy something I have no immediate use for.

Yeah.  I have 1900 points or some such (I had to buy more to afford Actraiser, I needed that game).  And I didn't have QUITE enough.  Nintendo did that on purpose, I reckon.
Ryeferd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ryeferd
Member since 2006 • 5198 Posts
I definitely regret not listening to my friends who told me to get a PS2, and buying a Gamecube because of my blind fanboyism at the time.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
the original Xbox, if not for Ninja Gaiden Black, I would have sold the console ages ago, but I will definitely sell it when I get Ninja Gaiden Sigma. Chronicles of Riddick was good though, imo, it was better than Halo.
Zero5000X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zero5000X
Member since 2004 • 8314 Posts

i regret buying the dreamcast. while it was a good console it just didnt last long and the only games i liked for it were sonic adventure and sonic adventure 2, both of which came out for the gamecube as well. i regret buying my other dreamcast games though.

i also regret getting a DS at launch. good games didn't really come out for about a year after it was released and that is when the DS Lite came out so i kinda wish i had waited. i did get it for free though so i guess thats still a +.

As for games in general there are alot i regret buying. just to name a few: FF: Crystal Chronicles, Sonic Heros, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Resistance. The latter two because i don't actually have a PS3 to play them on. i was going to get a PS3 and i found the games fo half price so i figured i should buy them. well i changed my mind about getting a PS3 so now the games are just sitting there. im trying to sell them on ebay... where i bought them.

Kestastrophe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kestastrophe
Member since 2005 • 4354 Posts
Games I regret buying include Ninja Gaiden (too hard), Fable, and Conker.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
PS2, it was an unwise choice, I got caught in with the hype. The only good games I liked on it, was probably Sims 2 and Finding Nemo >_>
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

I regret buying a GCN and a PSP. I tend to only use the PSP for its mp3 functions and I only play the GCN now because its the only console I have.

As for games...Oblivion is the biggest. I not only want a refund of my money, but my time. Also, I distinctly remember hating my purchase of Toejam and Early 3. 

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Because of places like this site almost all of my purchases are worth it.

The last game I purchased that I wish I didn't was ESPN 2K5, that game was tripe. No wonder they only let Madden have the NFL stamp anymore. 

RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts
I've regretted buying many games including Doom 3, Perfect Dark Zero, Call of Duty 3 and State of Emergency. I don't really regret buying any particular console, but the 360 doesn't seem like the wisest purchase at this point in time.
Kreean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kreean
Member since 2006 • 683 Posts
I regret buying the Saturn and every Konami game I bought for PC...
Nyx-Risa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nyx-Risa
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts

I regret buying Half-Life 2 not because I thought it was bad, but because I decided to invest $2000 the next week on an awesome gaming PC and one of my hardware components came with a free copy of Half-Life 2.

I regret buying Burning Crusade. The expansion is great. My grades in my 3rd year Physics courses weren't as high as they could have been (I barely renewed my scholarships, I was 0.2% above the cutoff grade).

I regret buying Starsiege. I loved Earth Siege 2 (okay, this is going back many years) and I was all giddy about the release of Starsiege and it just completely ruined the gendre.

I regret buying ITG for PS2 from Japan because I ended up with a $40 customs fee at Canada Customs. 

I regret buying Untold Legends for PSP. Ifter playing WoW, Diablo II and Titan Quest, that game was one of the most boring ones I have ever played (but I still had to beat it, it's in my nature).

I regret buying any game I ever have buyght out of the discount bin. Some of the games have amazing packaging and promos on the back, but there is always a reason for the game being in the discount pile.

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts
Gamecube. This was the last Nintendo console I bought btw. I had "disc read" error messages from day one and customer service was less than helpful. That controller was extremely awkward to use when playing Madden. Once I got an Xbox I sold my gamecube. The Star Wars game available at launch was fun but otherwise it was a bad purchase.
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts

I regret buying sooooo many games. There appears to be a very fine line between whether I like or dislike a game.

MY biggest recent regrets rebuying the Nes turtles game on virtual console and Small Arms on Xbox live. Both are absolutely awful and there isn't even a way to get rid off them. :(

cakeorrdeath

I remember getting the original Turtles game for the NES when it first came out and, despite knowing it was bad, I couldn't stop playing it. The game was so freaking hard and the option was saving was a few years away. It's funny you say you regret buying it a second time because I was a bit jealous when I saw that was a virtual console game. If it were on the PSN I probably would have bought it again. Glad it's not now.  

Anxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Anxz
Member since 2003 • 629 Posts

PS2, it was an unwise choice, I got caught in with the hype. The only good games I liked on it, was probably Sims 2 and Finding Nemo >_>Eponique

I can't believe those are the only games you liked. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
I don't regret buying most games, I just regret buying some of them at full price.
Nyx-Risa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Nyx-Risa
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts

I don't regret buying most games, I just regret buying some of them at full price.sonicare

I feel that one. I remember buying Star Trek: Elite force for over $100 during the gaming copyright debacle. I saw the game a year later for $20 when I bought the expansion for it. I was not amused.

I also spend an arm and a leg to get most games during the release week, and a few months later the price is slashed in half. It's a good thing I work to afford my gaming habit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

I await Super Metroid :x.Jandurin

Aren't we all?:(

I haven't regretted buying any games.

ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts
I regret buying a PSP and it's games because they're generally PS2 ports with limited controls, and Driver 76... ugh!
RDS_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RDS_Phoenix
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"]I don't regret buying most games, I just regret buying some of them at full price.Nyx-Risa

I feel that one. I remember buying Star Trek: Elite force for over $100 during the gaming copyright debacle. I saw the game a year later for $20 when I bought the expansion for it. I was not amused.

I also spend an arm and a leg to get most games during the release week, and a few months later the price is slashed in half. It's a good thing I work to afford my gaming habit.

Your font colour is practically unreadble, please post in the standard colour so we can read it.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#37 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts

I don't regret buying any consoles. But, I do regret buying/renting some games lke Superman 64 and Devil May Cry 2. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Nyx-Risa"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]I don't regret buying most games, I just regret buying some of them at full price.RDS_Phoenix

I feel that one. I remember buying Star Trek: Elite force for over $100 during the gaming copyright debacle. I saw the game a year later for $20 when I bought the expansion for it. I was not amused.

Your font colour is practically unreadble, please post in the standard colour so we can read it.

I always just assume people who pick hard to read colors don't actually want anyone to read their posts.
JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 JeffGenocideX
Member since 2004 • 4853 Posts
I regret buying the PS3 cause of how much it cost. DOesnt mean i disliek the PS3, means that i shoudlnt have spent the money.
sonofdabeach2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sonofdabeach2
Member since 2004 • 182 Posts

I have to saySonic and the Secret Rings [wii] (boring),Max Payne 2 [pc] (basically max payne 1), Gears of War [xbox 360] (not my kind of game), Final Fantasy 12 [ps2] (got boring), rogue squadren [gc] (couldn't get into it), gyromite [nes] (wish I never broke the robot lol) thats all off da top of my head.  

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
PSP, cod3, gta on PSP, mercenaries.
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts
Finding Nemo.  Don't ask.
RDS_Phoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 RDS_Phoenix
Member since 2007 • 173 Posts
[QUOTE="RDS_Phoenix"][QUOTE="Nyx-Risa"]

[QUOTE="sonicare"]I don't regret buying most games, I just regret buying some of them at full price.Jandurin

I always just assume people who pick hard to read colors don't actually want anyone to read their posts.

Well it worked, I didn't bother. I hate people that use the non-standard stuff as if it's their 'thing' and some kind of identity. 

TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#44 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

GXR

Yeah, I live in the UK and I was seriously looking forward to Super Paper Mario, but there is still no confirmed release date. Bah.

As for systems I regret buying, i'd have to say the gamecube. The fact that I bought it near the END of its lifespan and still found myself coming back to my 5 year old PS2 much was annoying. I honestly hope that this doesn't happen with the Wii.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#45 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

THe original Zelda on VC... I don't ever really want to play it, but got it for nostalgic reasons.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts
Sega CD, -_- was very disappointed with Sega