Console game is dead outdated

#1 Edited by PCVirginRace (173 posts) -

I just upgraded my new pc and it was cheap deal. I can game 120fps high settings and free online.

Everyone at my work place don't even talk about consoles they all play pc only.

Ps5 and next Xbox are taking too long. They already lost. When they come out they will be outdated.

#2 Posted by Blazepanzer24 (146 posts) -

Maybe. I'm upgrading to a Rizen 5 or 7 sometime in the next year or two, but that's mostly for RTS and simulation games. I just don't really fell like buying a lot of equipment that I'm going to have to buy new games for, and there's enough games for the hardware I already have. Upgrading my computer seems like the most logical route for me, unless Nintendo create enough exclusives for the Switch and even then only as long as they don't lock them behind a Switch Pro model.

#3 Posted by DaVillain- (36062 posts) -

@pcvirginrace said:

I just upgraded my new pc and it was cheap deal. I can game 120fps high settings and free online.

Ps5 and next Xbox are taking too long. They already lost. When they come out they will be outdated.

#4 Posted by PCVirginRace (173 posts) -

@davillain-: says the 20fps console weebo

#5 Posted by Howmakewood (5800 posts) -

Neat

#6 Posted by Sancho_Panzer (814 posts) -

You can't have a virgin race, by definition.

Think these things through next time pls.

#7 Posted by Random_Matt (3953 posts) -
@pcvirginrace said:

He/she has a pretty good rig, try again.

#8 Posted by XVision84 (15790 posts) -

Your name says it all. Sorry bud, try harder next time :P

#9 Posted by MonsieurX (38996 posts) -

inb4 lock

#10 Posted by onesiphorus (2827 posts) -

Is English your second language?

#11 Posted by npiet1 (2094 posts) -

PC's always were better than pc graphically. Consoles still never died and probably never will.

#12 Posted by Subspecies (324 posts) -

@pcvirginrace said:

Lol, dude. I think you better take another look at who you're talking to.

#13 Posted by FinalFighters (3143 posts) -

list your specs or gtfo

#14 Posted by AJStyles (736 posts) -

@pcvirginrace: “cheap deal”?

LOL k buddy. If you are playing games at 120fps, you spent $5000+ in total.

#15 Posted by DrLostRib (4774 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

what would he be spending that $5000 on?

#16 Posted by DaVillain- (36062 posts) -

@subspecies said:
@pcvirginrace said:

Lol, dude. I think you better take another look at who you're talking to.

I'm sure he'll figure it out.

20fps, YUCK!!!

#17 Posted by xantufrog (11170 posts) -

@ajstyles: lol, you have no idea what you're talking about

#18 Posted by dzimm (5358 posts) -

I consider myself a PC gamer, but one area where PC's will never be able to beat consoles is ease of use. Consoles just work, and you never have to spend a single second fiddling with your settings to get maximum performance.

#19 Posted by BassMan (10035 posts) -

@dzimm said:

I consider myself a PC gamer, but one area where PC's will never be able to beat consoles is ease of use. Consoles just work, and you never have to spend a single second fiddling with your settings to get maximum performance.

That would be great.... if the maximum performance on consoles wasn't shit. When the maximum performance doesn't even meet your minimum standards... we have a problem.

#20 Posted by NoodleFighter (10172 posts) -
@BassMan said:
@dzimm said:

That would be great.... if the maximum performance on consoles wasn't shit. When the maximum performance doesn't even meet your minimum standards... we have a problem.

Yeah it doesn't help when devs make dumb choices in what to prioritize for example with The Division 2 on Xbox One X they prioritized resolution over graphical detail and now the Xbox One X version is a night and day noticeably inferior counterpart to PC on high. What good is 4k if everything looks worse than better graphics on 1440p or 1080p?

#21 Edited by dzimm (5358 posts) -
@BassMan said:
@dzimm said:

As long as we're talking worst case scenarios, a lot of PC games are poorly optimized and often depend on brute processing power to overcome sloppy programming, meaning anybody who hasn't spent top dollar on their hardware is going to have to knock the settings way down, perhaps even below console fidelity.

#22 Edited by That_Old_Guy (1202 posts) -

Hahahahahaha...”virgin race”.

Pfffft..hahahaha.

I actually lol’ed on that one.

#23 Posted by dagubot (1233 posts) -

@drlostrib said:
@ajstyles said:

I hope he responds because I would like to know this as well...knowing him he won't. He just posts stupidity.

#24 Posted by npiet1 (2094 posts) -

@drlostrib said:
@ajstyles said:

An amazing over the top rig lol.

#25 Edited by Litchie (23716 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@pcvirginrace said:

My job is the same. I'm 31, and everyone else are older than me. I think they see consoles more as "toys" for youngsters and they have zero interest. All my friends have basically stopped playing on consoles as well. They still get some of them for a few exclusives, but they largely just gather dust.

PC gaming is just so much better in every way, and when you've seen the light you don't go back.

#26 Posted by BassMan (10035 posts) -

@Litchie said:
@davillain- said:
@pcvirginrace said:

My job is the same. I'm 31, and everyone else are older than me. I think they see consoles more as "toys" for youngsters and they have zero interest. All my friends have basically stopped playing on consoles as well. They still get some of them for a few exclusives, but they largely just gather dust.

PC gaming is just so much better in every way, and when you've seen the light you don't go back.

That is a smart crew that you work with.

#27 Edited by AJStyles (736 posts) -

@drlostrib: Nvidia GeForce 2080 RTX Ti $1600+ average price to buy new. After tax, that’s $2000 just for the damn graphics card bro.

I don’t need to google the rest because it’s expensive as hell.

And I am talking about $5000 Canadian. All said and done, it’s going to be damn close.

#28 Edited by SecretPolice (35108 posts) -

Pee Salty Seas... Bunch of freaking peasants is all. Git gud with Mighty X1X MonsterBox and become MasterRace for goodness sake. lolol :P

#29 Edited by Zaryia (8213 posts) -

I thought fakeboy/parody accounts were not allowed?

I mean this is pretty much the only way you can make PC look bad, and even then it's meh.

#30 Posted by LJS9502_basic (166355 posts) -

Good thing I play games and not specs.

#31 Posted by Archangel3371 (27584 posts) -

Nah. Consoles are alive and well. It’s definitely how I prefer to game.

#32 Posted by VFighter (4804 posts) -

@Litchie: Bullshit.

#33 Posted by Xabiss (2498 posts) -

@pcvirginrace said:

#34 Posted by DrLostRib (4774 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

@drlostrib: Nvidia GeForce 2080 RTX Ti $1600+ average price to buy new. After tax, that’s $2000 just for the damn graphics card bro.

And I am talking about $5000 Canadian. All said and done, it’s going to be damn close.

oh yes, we totally should have known you meant CAD.

$5000 CAD to USD is like $3700, which is still an overestimate

Also, y'all have 25% tax?

#35 Posted by Heil68 (58221 posts) -
@onesiphorus said:

Is English your second language?

lol

Besides over the last 20+ years PC has had only 1 10/10 excluive. We all know the best games are on consoles.

#36 Posted by MonsieurX (38996 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

120fps 1080p doesn't need a 2080 TI

#37 Posted by kuu2 (11110 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@pcvirginrace said:

#38 Edited by 360ru13r (1847 posts) -

Name plus you only have 142 posts. Yup new guy checks out. SMH can't we all just accept that whether it is a PC or console gaming should be fun.

#39 Posted by dzimm (5358 posts) -
@LJS9502_basic said:

Good thing I play games and not specs.

You win the thread.

#40 Posted by sealionact (3798 posts) -

Theres just way too many negatives involved in PC gaming, not least the cheats. Its ruined games in many cases.

Even if the cheat system managed to differentiate between cheaters and really top notch players, it just isn't worth the extra money to spend time building an ugly big box, that plays games with more fps but misses out on the best games available on ps4 and switch.

PC gaming was great at its peak, when there were games like command and conquer, sim city, half life and more that consoles couldn't handle. Nowadays, developing for consoles is the priority, with big games like rdr2 releasing way after they've ceased to be relevant.

#41 Posted by cainetao11 (36500 posts) -

Well sh!t dude, eject it or fire up a different one.