Confused about selecting right gaming machine for me

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PCRoky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PCRoky
Member since 2015 • 17 Posts

Hello, I can't decide which gaming machine should I buy, whether a pc (I5 4590+gtx 960/R9 285) that costs me around 750 dollar in my country or a PS4. I am confused, because I am not sure that a 750 dollar pc will last at least 5 years that can play game at 1080p. Although ps4 is a lower end system, game developers will some how bring 1080p from it for next 5 years. But for a 750 dollar pc, I am not so sure. I am not a rich guy, so I can't upgrade my pc within next 4 years. Moreover, with this pc budget, I am not getting a new monitor. For a 1080p monitor I had to wait to get some money on my hand. Till then I have to play on my outdated monitor with that pc build. But if I buy ps4 then certainly I can buy a 1080p monitor.

If possible please kindly some one give me proper suggestions. Sorry if I posted in wrong forum.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Not even with a 10 foot pole.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Yeah your in the wrong forum i think. But i dont know which forum you should go, maybe games discussion. But anyway, what kinda games do you enjoy, you know what PC has dont you? The mmo's, mobas, real time strategy games, steam, which now has steam refunds, etc. Do you already have a PC at home? Also dont forget that you dont have to upgrade in the near future, PC is cool cause you can lower you settings to play games that are a little too much.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

PS4 has Destiny / FF15 / Kingdom Hearts 3 / FF7 Remake first / Blops 3 DLC first / Batman AK exclusive DLC / Star Wars BF exclusive DLC / Horizon / The Last Guardian / Bloodborne / Uncharted 4 / GoW 3 Remaster / Uncharted Trilogy Remaster / MLB the Show

PC has photoshop

are you a gamer? does ps4 not impress you?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ProtossX said:

PS4 has Destiny / FF15 / Kingdom Hearts 3 / FF7 Remake first / Blops 3 DLC first / Batman AK exclusive DLC / Star Wars BF exclusive DLC / Horizon / The Last Guardian / Bloodborne / Uncharted 4 / GoW 3 Remaster / Uncharted Trilogy Remaster / MLB the Show

PC has photoshop

are you gamer? does ps4 not impress you?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

If you're sincerely asking then I sincerely suggest you ask somewhere else.

You're only going to get corporate slave answers from most people here.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

PC: Best GFX. Best Online. Biggest library by far this gen. Backwards compatibility. Mods. Best version of 99% of games (lmao Deus Ex or Fallout on consoles, what a waste of this gens gems). Most upcomming AAA's exclusive or multiplat.

PS4: Bloodborne. 20-30fps for cinematic feel. Uncharted4 also, I guess?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

PC without question.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44534 Posts

I'm sure if you get a PS4 you'll be satisfied. You can't get games cheap like you can on a PC but you can build a respectable PS4 library up over time. If you do get a PC though you will retain rights to your games so when you do upgrade you keep it all, whereas with a console you'll be forced to get the next console, keep your (I'm assuming) physical library rather than a digital one that's easy to manage.. There's pros and cons on both sides.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#10 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@ProtossX said:

I know you're a fakeboy troll. But I have to admit, that gif made me lol.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I'm sure if you get a PS4 you'll be satisfied. You can't get games cheap like you can on a PC but you can build a respectable PS4 library up over time. If you do get a PC though you will retain rights to your games so when you do upgrade you keep it all, whereas with a console you'll be forced to get the next console, keep your (I'm assuming) physical library rather than a digital one that's easy to manage.. There's pros and cons on both sides.

Here's a huge pro in line with what you've said, my Steam library has transcended four complete hardware iterations over the past nearly 12 years and it all works on my newest PC, the only thing that comes near that is the CECHA01/CECHE01 PlayStation 3's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17419 Posts

PC easily. Even though it costs more up front, the amount you save with super cheap sales and endless free DLC in the former of mods make it an easy choice. I tried console gaming primarily after being heavy into PC gaming and it just felt......restricted. Just bought a GTX 980 and haven't looked back. Will get a second soon future proof along with DX12. Consoles just can't compare except with exclusives

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44534 Posts
@nyadc said:
@lamprey263 said:

Here's a huge pro in line with what you've said, my Steam library has transcended four complete hardware iterations over the past nearly 12 years and it all works on my newest PC, the only thing that comes near that is the CECHA01/CECHE01 PlayStation 3's.

Yeah, there's downsides too, but it really depends on the person. For some troubleshooting PC games is too much of a hassle, or just troubleshooting the PC itself. Or, maybe someone wants to play with friends but they all have PS4s and that puts a damper on getting a PC. Just really depends on the individual though.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@ProtossX said:

PC has photoshop

It does not have Star Wars BF exclusive DLC..... Dice isn't going to allow that.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Just what I was thinking, someone is clearly bored.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

You created a user name called PC....Rocky. Does that mean you are already a PC gamer?

You didn't really tell us anything about what kind of games you like to play. There are advantages for both platforms you are asking about but we don't know anything about what you'd want to play so why don't you tell us.

Other than that a 960 will be able to play any games at 1080p for the next 5 years by tweaking settings, with a user name like PCRocky I'd suspect you already knew that.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#18 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Get PC. There is currently nothing special on PS4 apart from Bloodborne. Get PC, you'll get access to most multiplats and big library of exclusives. Pick up PS4 later down the road.

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

@lostrib said:

As for games themselves...

Ground Zeros on a 399 console:

Crysis 3 on a 2~4 times more expensive machine:

As you can see it's a "WORLD" of difference... Right?
Value for your money you can't beat a console, no matter what the forum warriors here say.

PCRoky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PCRoky

@casharmy: Well, Actually My name is Pias Chakraborty Roky.....i.e. PC Roky :P

But yes, I am a average pc gamer, but now my pc is way too much old. I mostly play fifa, RPG games from ubisoft. But now my pc won't handle games like gta 5. Even I can't play Fifa 15 due to bad fps. As I have a limited budget, that is why I was asking for some suggestions. And yes, I am happy that many peoples are helping me out of this.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

@lostrib said:
@ProtossX said:

PC has photoshop

are you gamer? does ps4 not impress you?

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

@pcroky said:
I mostly play fifa, RPG games from ubisoft. But now my pc won't handle games like gta 5. Even I can't play Fifa 15 due to bad fps.

Based on this and your limited budget I'd say get the PS4 personally. I'd only go with the PC if you are heavily into PC exclusive games/genres, mods or have the cash to upgrade when needed. A gimped PC experience isn't worth it if you are just going to play multiplats and don't have any need for a desktop other than gaming. This is coming from someone who is a PC gamer first and foremost too.

Of course if you play Fifa online with your friends and they all have it on PC then that could be a problem.

PCRoky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PCRoky

@bulby_g: Your suggestion does make sense. Thank you.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

@pcroky said:

@bulby_g: Your suggestion does make sense. Thank you.

No problem!

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@pcroky said:

Hello, I can't decide which gaming machine should I buy, whether a pc (I5 4590+gtx 960/R9 285) that costs me around 750 dollar in my country or a PS4. I am confused, because I am not sure that a 750 dollar pc will last at least 5 years that can play game at 1080p. Although ps4 is a lower end system, game developers will some how bring 1080p from it for next 5 years. But for a 750 dollar pc, I am not so sure. I am not a rich guy, so I can't upgrade my pc within next 4 years. Moreover, with this pc budget, I am not getting a new monitor. For a 1080p monitor I had to wait to get some money on my hand. Till then I have to play on my outdated monitor with that pc build. But if I buy ps4 then certainly I can buy a 1080p monitor.

If possible please kindly some one give me proper suggestions. Sorry if I posted in wrong forum.

.. 1080p isn't the king.. What good is 1080p on the PS4 when game runs at 30fps or less with shit textures and effects? There is no magical sauce anymore for these consoles, they do not run on unique architectures, and both have extremely weak cpu's to boot.. With directx 12 on the horizon we are going to see a even more staggering gain in performance gap between the pc and consoles.. You should not be basing your purchases on graphical fidelity alone, but what games and genres you will be playing.. I find this console attitude very schizophrenic.. "I want to have the best graphics and the PS4 is so great!", "But the PS4 is struggling right now putting out even 1080p performance at 30fps..", "Quiet it isn't all about graphics!"..

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

PC over any console

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#27 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

PS4 is for the pure-blooded gamers. PC is nice though for old releases that benefit from 60fps/1080p.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

This is the absolute worst place to ask this question tbh @pcroky. You'll receive only slanted and biased answers here most of the time. Not sure there's a great place for this type of thread, but you might want to try here http://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-and-av-hardware-909394553/ and ask what type of hardware you can get for the price (users usually have v good suggestions) but at the end of the day it comes down to what type of games you want to play.

You'll need a TV to play you PS4 on and most 1080P TV's will double happily as a monitor so that should help. Plus steam sales will greatly reduce your cost of gaming in the future and you'll have fee online play. (gaming@1080p is also a bit of a marketing sell, it really isn't the be all and end all)

The PC will be more expensive in the short term but over 5 years (if you keep the same machine) will save you money on buying games. However, most PC's will be severely outdated after that long (esp a budget model). Also remember the PS4 might well be outdated in 5 years too :P