Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Wasdie said:

Microsoft is doing a much better job than Sony did of getting developers on board with Xbox One X specific upgrades. Sadly I don't think that'll be enough to make the thing sell well. Nobody is going to buy a $500 console with $250 options out there. It's just not going to happen.

Gamers are cheap and usually choose the cheapest path. Most don't give a shit about resolution, framerate or graphics when it comes down to actually buying the machines. They buy what's affordable and has the games they want to play. Nothing more.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking the internet community is an accurate representation of the market for consoles and console games. It's not. The fact that CoD, Madden, and FIFA basically outsell every other game that comes out each year is proof enough that internet loudmouths don't mean shit.

If "Nobody is going to buy a $500 console" is true then X1X should have zero sales and "sold out" shouldn't have occurred.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@Wasdie said:

Microsoft is doing a much better job than Sony did of getting developers on board with Xbox One X specific upgrades. Sadly I don't think that'll be enough to make the thing sell well. Nobody is going to buy a $500 console with $250 options out there. It's just not going to happen.

Gamers are cheap and usually choose the cheapest path. Most don't give a shit about resolution, framerate or graphics when it comes down to actually buying the machines. They buy what's affordable and has the games they want to play. Nothing more.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking the internet community is an accurate representation of the market for consoles and console games. It's not. The fact that CoD, Madden, and FIFA basically outsell every other game that comes out each year is proof enough that internet loudmouths don't mean shit.

If "Nobody is going to buy a $500 console" is true then X1X should have zero sales and "sold out" shouldn't have occurred.

In human languages there's a thing called figures of speech.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ronvalencia

http://wccftech.com/black-desert-online-xb1x-playable-gc2017/

Black Desert Online for XB1X Playable at Gamescom in “True 4K” Resolution; Launches Early 2018

We are very excited to reveal the first playable Xbox One X version of Black Desert at Gamescom and we are looking forward in welcoming the first adventurers to our console version, which will be playable in crisp, true 4K resolution

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By PinkAnimal
@ronvalencia said:

Black Desert Online for XB1X Playable at Gamescom in “True 4K” Resolution; Launches Early 2018

We are very excited to reveal the first playable Xbox One X version of Black Desert at Gamescom and we are looking forward in welcoming the first adventurers to our console version, which will be playable in crisp, true 4K resolution

TrueFauxK

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:
@ronvalencia said:

TrueFauxK

Loading Video...

Download 4K video.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=82450885How can we tell what resolution a game is rendering?

For the video above, diagonal line matches 4K steps.

Try again.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PinkAnimal

@ronvalencia: lol 4k trailer video =/= True4k game

You're becoming dumber with each passing day.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:

The video above contains gameplay. Video's diagonal line matches 4K steps.

It's no different from DF's video feed 4K test from X1X's ForzaTech demo.

You are dumb.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

So you're telling me if I pop a game into Xbox One X not on the list, let's say Dark Souls 3, it will look and run just like it did on the old Xbox One?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Stock up now since come November this stuff is gonna be like gold. Make a killing selling it on ebay to mega BH cows.. lololol :P

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

So you're telling me if I pop a game into Xbox One X not on the list, let's say Dark Souls 3, it will look and run just like it did on the old Xbox One?

It depends if the game has dynamic resolution or frame rate.

If a non patched game has a dynamic res and or frame rate, it "should" automatically hit it's target highest frame rate selected for that game 100% of the time according to MS.

If a non patched game doesn't have dynamic elements associated with it, it will be the exact same as on the xbox one.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 PinkAnimal

@ronvalencia said:
@pinkanimal said:

You are dumb.

Prepare to get owned and ridiculed again wrongvalencia for hyping marketing crap. You seem to be a very very slow learner.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:
@ronvalencia said:
@pinkanimal said:

You are dumb.

Prepare to get owned and ridiculed again wrongvalencia for hyping marketing crap. You seem to be a very very slow learner.

Your posts are crap.

http://wccftech.com/world-of-tanks-4k-xbox-one-x/

Screenshots from above link shows diagonal lines matching native 4K.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 PinkAnimal

@ronvalencia: "Your posts are crap."

Considering you're always 100% wrong, this coming from you is a compliment.

Wrongvalencia you can't even see the difference between your GTX1080 and FauxK on X1, how do you pretend to know anything from the diagonals on a video. You look more stupid each time you try looking smart.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Every multiplat will be better on xbox one x. Pretty cool.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@drummerdave9099 said:

Yes. It might have a more stable frame rate though.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Oh look at that! The 2 games that I played on the xbox one x already are on the list. It's almost like I was right :)

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@drummerdave9099 said:

I believe it forces 16x AF as well

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DrLostRib

@metalslimenite said:

I gotta wonder about CDPR, because when PS4 Pro came out they blatantly said they wouldn't support a 4k patch, but now they plan to do it for X1X on day one?

X1X probably be helpful for PS4 pro now by dragging along devs to make updates. If they're going to make a patch for X1X they might as well do a PS4 pro one as well

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

I would also like to add skepticism to the "every game will be supersampled" claims. That feature requires developer intervention. There will be games on the XOX that don't support the feature. Bookmark it.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DrLostRib

@ronvalencia said:
@Wasdie said:

don't think he was being literal...

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

I would also like to add skepticism to the "every game will be supersampled" claims. That feature requires developer intervention. There will be games on the XOX that don't support the feature. Bookmark it.

it requires the game to feature higher rendering resolution, which wont happen w/o a patch so you are correct on that.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@drummerdave9099 said:

Oh I didn't know that. That's a cool feature.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By ronvalencia

@drlostrib said:
@metalslimenite said:

I gotta wonder about CDPR, because when PS4 Pro came out they blatantly said they wouldn't support a 4k patch, but now they plan to do it for X1X on day one?

X1X probably be helpful for PS4 pro now by dragging along devs to make updates. If they're going to make a patch for X1X they might as well do a PS4 pro one as well

Witcher 3 was one example.

@pinkanimal said:

@ronvalencia: "Your posts are crap."

Considering you're always 100% wrong, this coming from you is a compliment.

Wrongvalencia you can't even see the difference between your GTX1080 and FauxK on X1, how do you pretend to know anything from the diagonals on a video. You look more stupid each time you try looking smart.

Bullshit with "Considering you're always 100% wrong".

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/best-version-of-lara-croft-4k-on-mighty-one-x-33402496/#67

Here is a list of the other upgrades.

-4K Native Resolution

To quote myself again

Vega NCU enabled Scorpio could gimp current PC GPUs without double rate FP16 feature.

The word enabled is conditional.

The word could is conditional.

Too bad for you, Polaris's double subword FP16 is still feature superior to GP104 (GTX1080/GTX1070).

Your narration about me is a load of bullshit cow dung..

Try again coward.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 PinkAnimal

@ronvalencia: wow look at that, wrongvalencia tries to claim he isn't wrong by being wrong again. He's even wrong at realizing how wrong he is. You're like the inception of wrongness kid.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@drlostrib said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@drummerdave9099 said:

Oh I didn't know that. That's a cool feature.

Games from the older SDK that are not updated have full access to the system resources with the exception of the GPU to prevent compatibility/stability issues. These games will make use of 20 of the GPU's compute units, so in these old games it will be what is the equivalent of a 3 Teraflop system which is still a 130% compute gain and should be enough to top out the framerate/resolution on any unpatched game without issue. So games like Assassin's Creed Unity, Dead Rising 3 and so on should be pegged at 30 FPS at all times, ones which are notorious for lower framerates.

It also forces 16x AF as was noted as well.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:

@ronvalencia: wow look at that, wrongvalencia tries to claim he isn't wrong by being wrong again. He's even wrong at realizing how wrong he is. You're like the inception of wrongness kid.

You're still wrong. Coward

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PinkAnimal

@ronvalencia said:
@pinkanimal said:

The charts say otherwise

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ronvalencia

@pinkanimal said:
@ronvalencia said:
@pinkanimal said:

The charts say otherwise

Your last post is a spam which against doesn't address system wars arguments, but engage in poster wars. Try again cowabanging pony.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 DrLostRib
@ronvalencia said:
@pinkanimal said:
@ronvalencia said:
@pinkanimal said:

The charts say otherwise

engage in poster wars.

Okay guys, which poster is better

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#80 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@cainetao11: that's kinda my point, at the end of the day great experiences will still come down to the interactive experience over the visuals all day, every day.

No argument here but visual improvement is kind of the point of the Pro and 1X. Never did Sony or MSFT say new exclusive games for them were coming.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22657 Posts

@cainetao11: and that's fine... Everyone likes a good looking game, but good god it seems like quite an investment for a feature that won't guarantee a better game... No matter what they squeeze into these boxes, Only the human brain can make a better game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 cainetao11

@TheEroica said:

@cainetao11: and that's fine... Everyone likes a good looking game, but good god it seems like quite an investment for a feature that won't guarantee a better game... No matter what they squeeze into these boxes, Only the human brain can make a better game.

Hey no argument from me. I am open about the clusterfvck of a gen this has been for MSFT. We all seem to know what the answers are but we don't run the corporation. I've just never been the type of person to go ape shit about how many exclusives a given platform has. Does it have my favorites? That's more important to me. I don't care about Mario Kart, Pikmin, Danganronpa, Persona and many other games. So when people list their lists and I only see 2 games I want to play on them what does it matter?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

So, dead rising 4 and the crew 2, but not dead rising 3 and the crew.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8033 Posts

that list is larger than the list of games that are currently enhanced for the PS4 Pro (which came out last year) and the console still doesn't release for another few months.. needless to say, support for the Xbox One X is strong.. nothing but good news there..

the upcoming DF comparisons (and the resulting reactions) are going to be quite entertaining..

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I noticed BF1 keeps getting removed and added to these Xbox One X enhanced lists. I hope it is a game that gets enhanced. Nice list of games getting enhanced too. Can't wait for Nov 7th.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ronvalencia

@cainetao11 said:
@TheEroica said:

Hey no argument from me. I am open about the clusterfvck of a gen this has been for MSFT. We all seem to know what the answers are but we don't run the corporation. I've just never been the type of person to go ape shit about how many exclusives a given platform has. Does it have my favorites? That's more important to me. I don't care about Mario Kart, Pikmin, Danganronpa, Persona and many other games. So when people list their lists and I only see 2 games I want to play on them what does it matter?

I own a small limited liability corporation as an investment vehicle (separate legal entity).

Both MS's and Nintendo's motion control follow-up hardware was a clusterfvck.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22657 Posts

@cainetao11: yep, which is why millions have purchased an Xbox one. It has the games they play on it. It's also why the system wars are truly dead. The parity breaks down to a handful of experiences you can't get on other consoles, and of those experiences, there are only a few you'd truly like to play and still fewer you actually will... In the end, the metagame of keeping score is based firmly in the minds of the bean counters. The actual reality is for those who have purchased one console, they're most likely pretty happy with that purchase...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@cainetao11: yep, which is why millions have purchased an Xbox one. It has the games they play on it. It's also why the system wars are truly dead. The parity breaks down to a handful of experiences you can't get on other consoles, and of those experiences, there are only a few you'd truly like to play and still fewer you actually will... In the end, the metagame of keeping score is based firmly in the minds of the bean counters. The actual reality is for those who have purchased one console, they're most likely pretty happy with that purchase...

Exactly... good to see some sane people on here.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 cainetao11

@drlostrib: on this week's Unlocked podcast one of the panel said that Major Nelson's blog has this list and it tells which is native, which is dynamic, which is checkerboard. But as we can see that isn't the case LOL

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

I wonder how many of those games are being enhanced by simple upscaling vs increased textures. Its a lot to ask that a game that wasn't developed for the console be dramatically upgraded, unless they are merging assets from the PC build. I'm really looking forward to seeing what increased textures look like for new games. 4k isn't as important to me as I'll be playing on my projector most of time (and very lightly on a 4k tv)