CONFIRMED: Wii U Will Support Two Tablet Controllers At A Time

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

well tis better then one and i hope it runs very well with two hooked up

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Mario1331

well tis better then one and i hope it runs very well with two hooked up

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#53 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Heirren"]Two is still a bummer IMO. Where does this leave sports games? Heirren
Playing with CIassic Controllers.

So basketball will play the same next gen? What happened to using the touch screen for new gameplay opportunities?

Play singleplayer. Or two player multiplayer, how would sports games support more than two players at a time anyway?
D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts

Speaking of sport games, In regards to FIFA 12, if EA makes me swipe the screen in various formations in order to do tricks, I will break everything.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Playing with CIassic Controllers.

So basketball will play the same next gen? What happened to using the touch screen for new gameplay opportunities?

Play singleplayer. Or two player multiplayer, how would sports games support more than two players at a time anyway?

Are you being serious? There are ten players in basketball. Touch screen could have changed football and US football immensely. Playing as a wide receiver, the view could cut to the touch screen, where running a good route would be a more thorough gameplay mechanic...etc
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Mario1331

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Heirren"] So basketball will play the same next gen? What happened to using the touch screen for new gameplay opportunities?Heirren

Are you being serious? There are ten players in basketball. Touch screen could have changed football and US football immensely. Playing as a wide receiver, the view could cut to the touch screen, where running a good route would be a more thorough gameplay mechanic...etc

it could still work....think about it 1st nd 2nd player are the really main players in sport games anyway

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

unless the wii u comes with 2 tablet controllers, those things i'm sure are going to be expensive as hell

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Playing with CIassic Controllers.charizard1605

Apparently you have never played Sports games on Pllaystation consoles. The PS3 has plenty of six player Sports games, and the PS2 had 8 player games. Sure, it sucked back then buying a multitap, but the limit of four sucked too for sports enthusiasts. This is super old news too. I have been to some bars during Madden/ NFL 2K Tourney's, NBA 2K/LIVE on PS2...it's pretty awesome fun.

Currently, the PS3 supports up to 7 players, it's usually Wrestling/Sports/Racing games that take advantage.

The game in my avatar, X-Men The Arcade Game is six players on PS3. For the same price, on 360 it's only four players. The X-Men game I grew up with in the Arcades was six Players, so I wanted to make sure to get the Six Player version. It's true not many games go past 2-4 players, but they exist. There are gamers that look for that specifically as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#59 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Heirren"] So basketball will play the same next gen? What happened to using the touch screen for new gameplay opportunities?SolidTy

Apparently you have never played Sports games on Pllaystation consoles. The PS3 has plenty of six player Sports games, and the PS2 had 8 player games. Sure, it sucked back then buying a multitap, but the limit of four sucked too for sports enthusiasts. This is super old news too. I have been to some bars during Madden/ NFL 2K Tourney's, NBA 2K/LIVE on PS2...it's pretty awesome fun.

Currently, the PS3 supports up to 7 players, it's usually Wrestling/Sports/Racing games that take advantage.

The game in my avatar, X-Men The Arcade Game is six players on PS3. For the same price, on 360 it's only four players.

The only sports multiplayer game I ever played was FIFA and some Cricket, so you're right, I haven't :P
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#60 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]I wonder how much them fisher price tablets costKBFloYd

two scoops of jelly

I loled. :lol:
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#61 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
I dont get why people are saying "WOOHOO 2 PADS THAT'S AMAZING!" 2 pads is sh*t, you should be complaining, not applauding them. so what happens with games like smash bros or mario kart? only 2 players?
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"][QUOTE="ionusX"]

now i defintely not buying. 4 play co-op is the only reason me and my friend gets togeather. beer + 3 friends + super smash bros = fun

ionusX

you can still play 4 player games, just not with tablet controllers.

then whats the point of owning a wii-u if im stuck with the lousy wii-motes? especially since then id loose my gamecube controller as an option..

for all the talk about next-gen innovation out of ninty they sure have a problem with understanding what practical in a gaming machine. i came here to kill monsters, solve puzzles and race douches named evil x around a track. i did not come here to play with crackpot ideas and half baked toys.

theres always 1vs1

but if you want 2vs2..you will have a tablet..assuming its your console...its your little brother that will be using a classic controller/wiimote

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Play singleplayer. Or two player multiplayer, how would sports games support more than two players at a time anyway?charizard1605

The game in my avatar, X-Men The Arcade Game is six players on PS3. For the same price, on 360 it's only four players. The X-Men game I grew up with in the Arcades was six Players, so I wanted to make sure to get the Six Player version. It's true not many games go past 2-4 players, but they exist. There are gamers that look for that specifically as well.

The only sports multiplayer game I ever played was FIFA and some Cricket, so you're right, I haven't :P

I don't know about Cricket, but NHL and FIFA also support a lot of players. If I remember right, FIFA and FIFA Street supported Seven players on PS3 locally. :P

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 KBFloYd

I dont get why people are saying "WOOHOO 2 PADS THAT'S AMAZING!" 2 pads is sh*t, you should be complaining, not applauding them. so what happens with games like smash bros or mario kart? only 2 players?lightleggy

i think the person with the tablet is at disadvantage on smash bros... the person using the classic controller has better chance :P

and mario kart..the 2 hardcore people will use tablets and the casuals can use the wiimote with wii wheel.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SolidTy

I dont get why people are saying "WOOHOO 2 PADS THAT'S AMAZING!" 2 pads is sh*t, you should be complaining, not applauding them. so what happens with games like smash bros or mario kart? only 2 players?lightleggy

Presumably the other players would be forced to use the Wiimote/CIassic Controllers.

It's not an elegant or fair solution, but it is the only one that we've been given at this time.

There is of course PRICE to consider, as the idea of Two Tablets being used by developers has been around for almost a year. What they can do behind the scenes vs. what we get are two completely different things.

Here's an article, one of many, released a mere month ago : One Tablet per Wii U console.

Nintendo actually commented on Why, talking about the price of these Tablets being a concern, as well as other technical variables at IGN and Gamespot. Of course, we'll see with the final product what eventually happens.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SolidTy

[QUOTE="lightleggy"]I dont get why people are saying "WOOHOO 2 PADS THAT'S AMAZING!" 2 pads is sh*t, you should be complaining, not applauding them. so what happens with games like smash bros or mario kart? only 2 players?KBFloYd

i think the person with the tablet is at disadvantage on smash bros... the person using the classic controller has better chance :P

That's for the old Smash Bros. The new Wii U Smash Bros. design may give the Wii U tablet owners an advantage, as it should since it would be a Wii U game.

You are thinking old versions of already released Smash Bros. games and then you are thinking of playing with the new Wii U Tablet controller with those older games. Sure, that might be true, but when considering a New Smash Bros game to go alongside the Wii U, there is more to consider once again.

If Nintendo knownlingly doesn't use their own Tablet for the Wii U for Smash Bros to make it "fair" to the Wii moters, then you must wonder what's the point of the Wii U Tablet if not to take advantage of it? There is a a lot to consider for Nintendo, honestly.

One solution is to gimp the MP so the Tablet has no function, and only the SP has Tablet Functionality.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 KBFloYd

One solution is to gimp the MP so the Tablet has no function, and only the SP has Tablet Functionality.

SolidTy

yea... theres still many questions...but honestly most people only care about online now...and will only have 1 tablet..local multiplayer is dead.

this the the wiiYOU

pickleman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 pickleman999
Member since 2012 • 110 Posts
Too bad the tablet looks awkward and clunky
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#69 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

SolidTy

I don't think it will be gimped. In fact, I can't even think of a good application for the tablet controller in SSB multiplayer. I'm sure they'll find a way to make use of it in the singleplayer, but I feel like it would be shoehorned into multiplayer. Can't imagine looking back and forth between screens or taking your hand off the the buttons to use the touchscreen in a fast-paced multiplayer would be practical.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#70 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
I want four.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 KBFloYd

I want four.Eponique

yea if your rich lol

3 of them will be collecting dust garunteed.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#72 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

[QUOTE="Eponique"]I want four.KBFloYd

yea if your rich lol

3 of them will be collecting dust garunteed.

Local multiplayer is still alive and kicking in this household.

And I have four Xbox 360 controllers, 4 Wiimote+Nunchuk, 2 Classic controllers, 5 GC controllers, 2 PS2 controllers and 6 N64 controllers. I won't buy 4 Tablets on Day 1 but I'm sure I'll have that many over time.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
So haters have nothing to complain about anymore. Wonder what they'll target next?
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#74 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
4 tablet controllers for the system would be an awful idea. As if the WiiU won't take enough crap already about lack of processing power, they are supposed to support 4 controllers, each of which saps power for that screen? I'm even skeptical that they will allow 2. I don't see how the smash bros fans want tablets so bad either. What advantage is there for the player with the touch screen? Just use classic controllers. Nintendo allowing 4 tablet controllers would also be inviting consumer resentment since these controllers will be costly at retail.
GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

You said alot of things were confirmed along with this.. yet I haven't seen proof of any of the claims you have made. I'll just wait until E3.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
This was an obvious issue ever since the Wii U was announced. Anyone that assumed then that it would support 4 or are upset now because it cant, dont have a clear understanding on what it would take to output such a total resolution... We already knew the Wii U wasnt going to be THAT powerful.
magiciandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 magiciandude
Member since 2004 • 9667 Posts

So two Wii U controllers and four Wii Remotes...

6-player support confirmed? :o

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

PatchMaster

I don't think it will be gimped. In fact, I can't even think of a good application for the tablet controller in SSB multiplayer. I'm sure they'll find a way to make use of it in the singleplayer, but I feel like it would be shoehorned into multiplayer. Can't imagine looking back and forth between screens or taking your hand off the the buttons to use the touchscreen in a fast-paced multiplayer would be practical.

"I can't even Think", "I feel like", "Can't Imagine"...well, I can relate. Those are all Nintendo's jobs.

While that is true when we think of the old SSB franchise as it is (forgetting that a new SSB for Wii U inbound), we have to remember those old SSB games weren't Tablet Wii U games. I would also add, as a Fighting gamer I considered those points. Nintendo's uses for this controller in their IP's has yet to be revealed, and Nintendo beats to their own drummer.

In fact, your argument on practicality applies to many gaming genre's when we consider the new Wii U Tablet controller. Especially when we think of our older games, and try to shoehorn a Tablet in most any genre. It's not Pragmatic looking at the old game designs, designed for non Wii U hardware. Maybe this Tablet in general won't be practical. Time will tell.

As much as we think about this, I assume we aren't Nintendo developers, so our thoughts on the matter are not Nintendo's thoughts on the matter.

And if one or more of us ARE Nintendo developers, we aren't going to discuss anything as of yet either due to NDA, or other reasons.

It wouldn't be the first time a company surprised masses of gamers.

It's also possible, this thing could just be a failure for genre's that don't need a Tablet. We already know from the DS how it will be used for RPG's, and we can imagine football plays on the Tablet instead of the screen, but those aren't really needed.

It's up to Nintendo to go a bit further and impress us with their creativity.

Can Nintendo do it? I don't know. Maybe what WE THINK is exactly right. I'm just saying it's their job to impress us, show us, demonstrate to us why we should use the Tablet and their machine vs. The PS360/Wii/PS4/720/PC, etc.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#79 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
Wii tablets probably won't have rumble in them right?
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#80 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
Really.....??Finally....a console that support two controllers at a time.What a joke...lol
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 SolidTy

So two Wii U controllers and four Wii Remotes...

6-player support confirmed? :o

magiciandude

Well, if 6 player local support is true developers are ready as there are already 6-8 player games EA and other companies produce for Playstation consoles.

Nintendo went from 2 players local to 4 players local for the longest time...I'm all for more options as I have big parties.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

Yay for $100 controllers.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

wow! what an amazing technical achievement! and people say innovation is dead.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#84 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

Two is better than one I suppose, but I'm still bummed you can't use 4. :(

D4W1L4H
Your avatar is awesome.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

lol, wait, i got another one.

cows: "omg! new crytek engine!"

lems: "omg! new unreal engine!"

sheep: "omg! TWO controllers!"

:P

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#86 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

Not the Four, Six, or Eight Players I was hoping for, but Two players is better than one that's for sure.

SolidTy
If you're willing to fork over a thousand dollars just for the extra power needed to render the gameplay on the tablets, why not.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Not the Four, Six, or Eight Players I was hoping for, but Two players is better than one that's for sure.

hiphops_savior
If you're willing to fork over a thousand dollars just for the extra power needed to render the gameplay on the tablets, why not.

Wouldn't be thousands, but yeah too many resources would be used on the controllers which take away from the games graphics fidelity. I don't expect many games to use 2 player local, probably some minigame compilation like a Warioware or Mario Party, but those will focus on Wiimotes too.
wewantdoom4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 wewantdoom4now
Member since 2012 • 1792 Posts

wow! what an amazing technical achievement! and people say innovation is dead.

Riverwolf007
lovely dreamcast rip off
wewantdoom4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 wewantdoom4now

too bad dreamcast supported 4 players and the controllers memory virtual memory unit was portable.

wewantdoom4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 wewantdoom4now

id bring my dreamcast vmu to school and **** around on it lol.

ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

the revenge of the sheep is upon us

051129sheep.jpg

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

D4W1L4H

Does anyone really want to shell out 79.99$-99.99$ for three extra controllers?

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="D4W1L4H"]

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Does anyone really want to shell out 79.99$-99.99$ for three extra controllers?

Theoretically if you have a 3DS and have a Circle Pad Pro it could work as another Wii U controller.

Miyamoto said it was possible and with the Circle Pad Pro it will technically have every single button the Wii U Tablet has so if you have a 3DS and a Wii U you could use your 3DS as a controller.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/06/miyamoto_3ds_could_be_a_convenient_wii_u_controller

That article is from June 9th, 2011.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
By battery, do they mean rechargeable or AA? It's 2012, I shouldn't have to run out for batteries.
jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts
I wonder how much them fisher price tablets costRR360DD
fisher price huh? :roll:
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I wouldn't consider Neogaf to be official confirmation.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

By battery, do they mean rechargeable or AA? It's 2012, I shouldn't have to run out for batteries.darkspineslayer
Wii U controllers have built in rechargeable battery packs.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Aliens: Colonial Marines co-op w/ motion scanner tablets confirmed!

I am so getting this

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#99 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]I wonder how much them fisher price tablets costjessejay420
fisher price huh? :roll:

They're pretty darn durable products.