Confirmed: The Broke Box Series S is real!

• 134 results
Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

The packaging on the new Xbox controllers gave it away.

So, once again. THIS is the next gen Xbox people will actually buy. Xbox Series X is the console they'll hide behind. This is Microsoft's attempt at undermining Playstation, but I think they'll just end up owning themselves with it.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

So, once again. THIS is the next gen Xbox people will actually buy. Xbox Series X is the console they'll hide behind. This is Microsoft's attempt at undermining Playstation, but I think they'll just end up owning themselves with it.

Here's how I see it playing out. MS will announce the price of the Series X. Sony announces its undercutting price right after.

MS then drops the Series S with a really low price and boom they clean they're undercutting Sony with a box that's half as powerful.

It'll probably work.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

MS got Sony fannies really shook. Multiple threads each day trying to downplay MS in some form or another. I guess it sucks to be stuck to an under powered, over priced, ugly piece of plastic like Sony fannies. Enjoy the movies.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

So the series S is real.

Love that the Microsoft next gen controller is just a xb1 controller and a stolen ps4 share button. Also going back to the horrible 360 dish shaped d-pad, great choice Microsoft. I'm gonna love playing Indies on this trash. Also they made another deal with Duracell so expect 2 AA Duracell batteries to come with it. I expect Duracell to pay microsoft a crapload of cash cause idiots still go to the store to buy them. For us normal people who want a next gen rechargeable battery and a cord we have to buy the friggin play an charge kit again for 50 bux extra thanks so microsoft.

360 Controller > XB1 Controller > X-Series controller for me right now since I like the feel of the 360 controller over x1 but I like the d-pad on the x1 controller more than the dish shaped one on the 360 which the x-series uses.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

How is this news? Didn’t we already know sony and Microsoft are offering 2 systems at launch? One with a disc player and one without?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Sony just got rekted. Time for Cows to throw in the towel.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44154 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Where do you get this, “50 bux extra” for the play ‘n charge kit thing from? Here in Canada it $25. I imagine that it’s $20 in the US.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Archangel3371 said:

@ProtossRushX: Where do you get this, “50 bux extra” for the play ‘n charge kit thing from? Here in Canada it $25. I imagine that it’s $20 in the US.

Yeah its 20 dollars right now at Amazon but its been out forever now. I don't remember much it was at launch but I remember paying a lot more than 20 dollars for it. I tried looking into but didn't see any 2013 prices for the play and charge kit anywhere.

I watched the 2013 trailer for xbox one play an charge kit and the top comments in YouTube were saying ps4 gives this to you for free etc. This is just unacceptable now in 2020 to not auto include the play and charge kit and charging cable for free with a controller. IF PEOPLE want they can still use AA batteries but bundle the controller with.a cord and play an charge kit like sony does for free.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BenjaminBanklin

@hitmanactual said:

MS got Sony fannies really shook. Multiple threads each day trying to downplay MS in some form or another. I guess it sucks to be stuck to an under powered, over priced, ugly piece of plastic like Sony fannies. Enjoy the movies.

LOL! enjoy being held back by a weaker box and playing unfinished games on Game Pass. Not our fault Xbox is choosing to undercut themselves with a cheap and weak console because they know the more expensive one won't sell for crap.

@Sevenizz said:

How is this news? Didn’t we already know sony and Microsoft are offering 2 systems at launch? One with a disc player and one without?

What do you mean how is this news? This is the first official confirmation of Series S' existence. You know, the console most of you will be buying because most of you aren't gonna shell out for the more expensive one. Weak Box S and Game Pass. Only the best for the average Xbox cheapo.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sevenizz

@BenjaminBanklin: Big deal - we knew it was coming. For the record, I’m buying the XSX model - I never had an intention of getting a cheaper model.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

We just know that there are two systems with this leak. Actual specs or discless versions have not been confirmed by MS.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Archangel3371  Online

@ProtossRushX: I paid $25 Canadian for it at launch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Archangel3371 said:

@ProtossRushX: I paid $25 Canadian for it at launch.

its $25 American right now on the Microsoft Store so there's no way in hell it was 25 dollars in Canadian money at release... and people in the comments wrote it was £25 pounds which is equal to $33 American at launch so maybe it was $30 at launch?

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Gorgeous controller. Sony should color them face buttons.

It won't be held back due to low res target.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rzxv04

@Zero_epyon said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Here's how I see it playing out. MS will announce the price of the Series X. Sony announces its undercutting price right after.

MS then drops the Series S with a really low price and boom they clean they're undercutting Sony with a box that's half as powerful.

It'll probably work.

Sony waits for Series S pricing. Position discless PS5 price uncomfortable near it. Boom!

Sony might be too arrogant this time, so I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't happen.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Archangel3371  Online

@ProtossRushX: I’m pretty sure that I paid $25 at launch for it but it could have been $30. Either way that’s still a far cry from $50.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BenjaminBanklin

@rzxv04 said:

Sony waits for Series S pricing. Position discless PS5 price uncomfortable near it. Boom!

Sony might be too arrogant this time, so I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't happen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Archangel3371 said:

@ProtossRushX: I’m pretty sure that I paid $25 at launch for it but it could have been $30. Either way that’s still a far cry from $50.

Yes but like the YouTube comments said the PS4 controller comes with a cord and rechargeable battery. so you don't pay anything if that's the features you want out of a controller there is no reason the play an charge kit should cost that much and not come with it. How hard would it. be to ditch the 2 AA batteries and just include the play an charge kit free with the controller. You can't even plug it in to the system if you ran out of batteries or you want to use it on a PC or something you are screwed without the play and charge kit.

Say I do what microsoft wants use AA batteries that come with it, they die late at night, I don't have a cord to plug my controlle into the x-series how the hell do I even play? With the ps4 you just plug in your controller if your battery gets low you never have a bad situation happen ever.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

Xbox is for the basement-dwellers who never left their parent's nest and are unable to afford a gaming PC. Glad to see that Microsoft is inclusive and catering to these folks, as gaming should be for everyone, not just the elite!

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Archangel3371  Online

@ProtossRushX: WTF do YouTube comments have to do about anything. Yes we all know what the PS4 and Xbox One controllers are. You kept saying that you had to pay $50 extra in this thread and another thread and I’ve corrected you twice on it. Also you can definitely plug in the cable on an Xbox One controller without any batteries or a recharge pack in the controller, I actually just tried it right now to confirm it. 😅

Jesus dude. Do you even know half of the shit that you keep on ranting on about? Get a clue man.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Blergh weak rt, weak specs, no BD drive, weak everything. Perfect gift for parents to give their kids.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Archangel3371  Online

So is this the new damage control for next gen now? The only reason that Xbox is doing better is because more people are buying the Xbox Series X because it is cheaper?

Oh boy. 😅

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rzxv04

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@rzxv04 said:

Indeed. I really hope PS5 digital goes full beast against Series S so MS will even go further, race to bottom.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 rzxv04
@Archangel3371 said:

@ProtossRushX: WTF do YouTube comments have to do about anything. Yes we all know what the PS4 and Xbox One controllers are. You kept saying that you had to pay $50 extra in this thread and another thread and I’ve corrected you twice on it. Also you can definitely plug in the cable on an Xbox One controller without any batteries or a recharge pack in the controller, I actually just tried it right now to confirm it. 😅

Jesus dude. Do you even know half of the shit that you keep on ranting on about? Get a clue man.

I didn't know that. That's cool. Dead batteries/connectors aren't enough to kill an Xbox controller.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-60bf765068a74

@Archangel3371 said:

Okay, well I corrected you when you said it was only 25 dollars Canadian which is 18 dollars American while its sitting at 25 dollars American right now on the xbox store. We both messed up.

READ what I said XBOX ONE CONTROLLERS DO NOT COME WITH A CORD. YOU HAD TO PAY EXTRA for it to plug it into the console.

My question to you is how the hell would you have plugged in the xb1 controller into your xbox one without buying the play and charge kit? The XB1 controller doesn't come with a cord the Dual shock 4 comes with the cord! DUH!

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

If its 200 bucks at launch that could do well, id be tempted, but when I upgrade from my ps4 (living room console) I need a disc drive, so im getting the more expensive one, so i can play all my 360 and og xbox games on it

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Archangel3371  Online

@ProtossRushX: Nah you didn’t correct me on the price. Like I said I’m pretty sure that I paid $25 for it at launch but I’m not completely closed off to the possibility that I paid $30 and that’s still pretty far off from the $50 you have been claiming.

I’ll admit that I guess I read your comment about being able to plug in a cable if the batteries died wrong. I was just thinking that you were referring if you had the play ‘n charge kit and the battery pack had ran its course and stopped holding a charge.

Still though you can just buy a play ‘n charge kit anyway for $25 CDN or like $20 US. 🤷‍♂️

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

What a steaming pile of feces.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BenjaminBanklin

@Archangel3371 said:

So is this the new damage control for next gen now? The only reason that Xbox is doing better is because more people are buying the Xbox Series X because it is cheaper?

Oh boy. 😅

No. Xbox isn't poised to do any better next gen than this current gen. But, this will be the lead console for sales. For all of Xbox's boasting about releasing the most powerful console, it's this little garbage can that's going to see them through. After all, they dumped One X after two and a half years.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Archangel3371  Online

@BenjaminBanklin: Mmmm. Look at all that damage control. 😅

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BenjaminBanklin

@Archangel3371 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Mmmm. Look at all that damage control. 😅

What damage control? Every poll out there already has PS5 skunking Xbox Series. That was never going to be an issue. MS is already off to a great start half-assing it into next gen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-60bf765068a74

The series S might be weaker than the xbox one X so I don't see the point in it.

If its weaker than an xbox one something is very wrong and it won't be next gen.

Its possible the series S and the original xbox one is why halo infinite looks like it does right now on high end gaming PC's. It was held back by the weak stuff. This is why I said as an xbox one owner PLEASE don't let me buy halo infinite on my xbox one its just gonna hurt that game. Give it to the x-series x and PC gamers they deserve it more than me.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rzxv04

@ProtossRushX said:

The series S might be weaker than the xbox one X so I don't see the point in it.

If its weaker than an xbox one something is very wrong and it won't be next gen.

Its possible the series S and the original xbox one is why halo infinite looks like it does right now on high end gaming PC's. It was held back by the weak stuff. This is why I said as an xbox one owner PLEASE don't let me buy halo infinite on my xbox one its just gonna hurt that game. Give it to the x-series x and PC gamers they deserve it more than me.

I doubt it's much weaker than the Xbox one X and even if it might be weaker in certain scenarios, it would only target 1080/1440 or ballpark that res then just use upscaling techniques.

Series S will have much better CPU, SSD and GPU featureset.

Halo: Infinite graphics is definitely due to it being designed with current gen as its baseline. MS still has time to make it prettier on Series. It's also gonna target 120 FPS for mp on Series.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Archangel3371  Online

@BenjaminBanklin: Damaging controlling the simple fact that Xbox might do better next gen. You wouldn’t think that would happen, yet here we are. 🤷‍♂️

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sevenizz

@Archangel3371: I don’t know about you, but cow paranoia is kind of entertaining to watch. I mean, look how the OP felt he needed to title his thread. Comedy gold.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Smart.

People lost sight on the fact that consoles are exactly that budget boxes for the masses.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BenjaminBanklin

@Archangel3371 said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Damaging controlling the simple fact that Xbox might do better next gen. You wouldn’t think that would happen, yet here we are. 🤷‍♂️

We wouldn't even know how it will do anyway. Microsoft is too chickenshit to reveal sales numbers anymore. Just conclude they're gonna be hot garbage. 🤣🤣🤣

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BenjaminBanklin
@Sevenizz said:

@Archangel3371: I don’t know about you, but cow paranoia is kind of entertaining to watch. I mean, look how the OP felt he needed to title his thread. Comedy gold.

I want it to be a reminder that Xbox is bringing in the weakest console next gen, and I need to make that as painful as possible. That's what you broke goons get for rallying behind Series X after knowing the fate of One X, the chickens have come home to roost

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Archangel3371  Online

@Sevenizz: Indeed. It’s like they live and breath Xbox 24/7, rent free. 🤣🤣🤣

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sevenizz

@BenjaminBanklin: Oh, so you have spec confirmation on a console not even announced yet?

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BenjaminBanklin

@Sevenizz said:

@BenjaminBanklin: Oh, so you have spec confirmation on a console not even announced yet?

Yeah, here they are...

Xbox Series S... shittier than the other one.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sevenizz

@BenjaminBanklin: You mean similar to the discless ps5? You should be a psychic!

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BenjaminBanklin

@Sevenizz said:

@BenjaminBanklin: You mean similar to the discless ps5? You should be a psychic!

Both PS5s have the same specs even sans disc drive. Craigbox has to be held back a grade thanks to its little gimpy brother.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

I think because of the newer GPU architecture, it will be slightly more powerful than the one X GPU wise and then have a much better CPU and an SSD. I think the main point would be a more attractive entry price point into next gen for people, especially those with 1080P TVs.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

It’s funny how lems haven’t learned their lesson yet, especially after the f up MS did this gen. Hardly any one is going to throw their money at a console that doesn’t have any great exclusives.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sevenizz

@BenjaminBanklin: Wait for the thing to be announced before going on a damage control frenzy.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

The only issue with bringing out the S is it might push the X price out.

If it really is a 1080p version of 4k games at a crazy price it could be a genius move.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

Xbox series S now the console that has cows up at night n all emotional and shit

Bless

HaH

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

You know consoles are getting too expensive when they release mediocre versions which are more affordable.