Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2503 Posts

"PlayStation Showcase Could Arrive in May Before Summer Game Fest – Report

The much-anticipated PlayStation Showcase could be happening in May 2023, according to insider Jeff Grubb. In a recent podcast, he can “probably safely say” that the showcase will appear in May, though saying “before Summer Game Fest” is what he’ll continue to predict as that is the safest option. At the latest, Grubb expects the presentation to be in early June.

PlayStation Showcase air date predictions

Grubb’s May prediction on a GiantBomb podcast falls in line with his prior statement in February that the PlayStation Showcase would be before E3 2023. Now that E3 has been canceled, it’s only fair that the Summer Game Fest take its place (in more ways than one).

Since PlayStation State of Play events typically fall on a Thursday, May 25 would seem the most logical choice for when the PlayStation Showcase will air. The Summer Game Fest will begin on June 8, so the May date would provide some breathing room for the showcase, hopefully without it being bombarded by other developer livestreams that are likely planned around the same two weeks or so.

While the latest State of Play focusing on Final Fantasy 16 was a success, the one in February with Suicide Squad was a disappointment for most fans. So whether the next State of Play is in May or early June, let’s just hope that Sony takes as much time as it needs with it."

https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2023/04/21/playstation-showcase-may-2023-summer-game-fest/

Tired of hearing about Redfall and Xbox. Here's a Sony thread. Sony is in definite need of showing off some of its 2023 games and beyond with nothing confirmed except for Spider-Man 2. What do you think each of their studios is up to? Here is what is confirmed/rumored as well as some of my opinion thrown:

Naughty Dog: TLOU standalone multiplayer beta releases summer 2023, full game fall 2023 around Outbreak Day. Also rumored to be working on a new IP (in space?) and TLOU Part III.

Insomniac: Marvel's Spider-Man 2, Marvel's Wolverine, rumored multiplayer game (Marvel based), I would like to see them reboot Resistance.

Sucker Punch: Ghost of Tsushima 2 is rumored, a new inFAMOUS title would be nice.

Sony Bend: Most likely not Uncharted reboot, definitely not Days Gone 2, most likely new IP.

Guerrilla Games: Horizon 3, some sort of live service multiplayer, either a Killzone reboot or new IP?

Media Molecule: I would really like to see them work on LBP 3 after Dreams but who knows what this studio has in store for the future. Another new IP is very possible.

Santa Monica Studio: I think we will see one more God of War title eventually but a new IP on the way.

Housemarque: I don't see a Returnal sequel ever coming so most likely a new IP is next for them and pretty much confirmed.

London Studio: genuinely no idea. Last time they released a game was for the PS VR way back in 2019. More VR games?

Bluepoint: I'd love to see them remake Legend of Dragoon, next game is confirmed to be a new IP

San Diego Studio, Polyphone Digital: the usual

Bungie, Valkyrie Entertainment, Haven Studios, Firewalk Studios, Firesprite: some sort of live service multiplayer IP as Sony has announced 10 live service games by 2026.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

PlayStation Showcase 2023 Coming May 24 With PS5 Reveals

Sony officially announces that a PlayStation Showcase event is coming very soon.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-showcase-2023-coming-may-24-with-ps5-reveals/1100-6514266/

Waiting to see how many of my predictions/wishes come true.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

Well that’s sooner then I was expecting. Very much looking forward to seeing what they might show off.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38713 Posts

Not tired of hearing about Redfall whatsoever😁

As for the show, i have not seen a single good show from Sony since they left E3. Literally no idea what's coming to my system other than two superhero garbage games and TLOU multiplayer, which i am excited for, but its a GaaS game, so its not gonna be that next big thing. I want to know wtf has Bluepoint been doing for all this time. What about Housemarque? Where is SOCOM? Come the hell on, announce something, its getting boring af being hyped for nothing else but third party titles.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9531 Posts

@hardwenzen: That about sums it up. Why in the hell haven't they announced anything or shown anything in like forever? Those State of Plays suck ass....

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 5965 Posts
@WitIsWisdom said:

@hardwenzen: That about sums it up. Why in the hell haven't they announced anything or shown anything in like forever? Those State of Plays suck ass....

Don't worry Sony will show a logo of Ghost of Tsushima 2 for 5secs and the internet will lose its shit and all will be right with the world 🤣

On a serious note, Sony never do shadow drops (can't remember any) so whatever they show is 2024 at the earliest. No way Sony would shadow drop anything from one of its top studios.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

Don't worry Sony will show a logo of Ghost of Tsushima 2 for 5secs and the internet will lose its shit and all will be right with the world 🤣

On a serious note, Sony never do shadow drops (can't remember any) so whatever they show is 2024 at the earliest. No way Sony would shadow drop anything from one of its top studios.

Even tho i have no iterest in GoT2, just seeing shit announced, for 5sec or not, is enough. And the reason why people lose their shit for SONY EXCLUSIVES is because they're all polished quality titles, not low effort shovelware we're seeing from MS.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

@last_lap: TLOU Part 1 was announced in June and, released in September. It wasn't a shadow drop but, it was a pretty short window.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Last_Lap

@Nonstop-Madness: C'mon man really? That's not a new game. Can you give me a better example?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: First off let me correct you, its timed exclusives now that Sony is porting its games to PC.

Secondly, no it just shows how indoctrinated you guys are to flip out over a logo, cows did the same thing when Sony showed the PS5 logo 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hardwenzen
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: First off let me correct you, its timed exclusives now that Sony is porting its games to PC.

Secondly, no it just shows how indoctrinated you guys are to flip out over a logo, cows did the same thing when Sony showed the PS5 logo 🤣

Is Demon's Remake on pc? Nope. Is Bloodborne on pc? Nope, and its been almost 10 years😂😂😂. Until you have proof that its coming on pc, its a SONY EXCLUSIVE, and you need to accept that.

We flip out over GOTY contenders. Titles made with maximum effort. Titles that push the industry. Talent from Sony studios cannot be ignored, but those that can't enjoy these games, they're in a permanent jelly mode, so i understand how you feel right now.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Oh so you're mentioning old games that are still exclusive, what a win there 🤣

Sony has stated its bringing more of its games to PC, so its timed exclusives from here out, get use to it.

Push the industry you say, and yet you don't even play half of what you shill 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Oh so you're mentioning old games that are still exclusive, what a win there 🤣

Sony has stated its bringing more of its games to PC, so its timed exclusives from here out, get used to it.

Push the industry you say, and yet you don't even play half of what you shill 🤣

If important games are not coming, you're delusional to think that everything is coming on pc because a couple were released on that platform🤭

Sony will say a lot of things, and until they bring the likes of Demons and Bloodborne to pc, whatever they say is just there to please hermits, and give them hope.

I play what i care about, not everything Sony releases. Imagine that😂Having choice. OMFG! Choice is something you forgot how it tasted on your Box since around 2015🤣

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: You will shill anything as long as it has a PS logo on the box like the good little Sony soldier you are. The proof is your Horizon thread, you don't like the game but shill it anyway, you really should be getting an income from Sony at this point.

Sony stated they are making more games on PC and you still refuse to believe it, where's that copium truck meme when you need it 🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: You will shill anything as long as it has a PS logo on the box like the good little Sony soldier you are. The proof is your Horizon thread, you don't like the game but shill it anyway, you really should be getting an income from Sony at this point.

Sony stated they are making more games on PC and you still refuse to believe it, where's that copium truck meme when you need it 🤣

Am i shilling Spiderman?😂Your agument has crumbled pretty much instantly😭Better luck next time, Aussie.

Again, companies will state a lot of things. For example; MS promissed Redfall to be a quality title🤣🤣🤣

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Am i shilling Spiderman?😂Your agument has crumbled pretty much instantly😭Better luck next time, Aussie.

Again, companies will state a lot of things. For example; MS promissed Redfall to be a quality title🤣🤣🤣

Spiderman isn't out yet so there's still time, and your current track record of shilling Sony's games you hate is there for all to see, talking about an argument crumbling 🤣

I hope Sony's rumoured show has something new for you to shill otherwise Spiderman here you come 😁

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

Spiderman isn't out yet so there's still time, and your current track record of shilling Sony's games you hate is there for all to see, talking about an argument crumbling 🤣

I hope Sony's rumoured show has something new for you to shill otherwise Spiderman here you come 😁

I don't think you understand the definition of shilling, which wouldn't surprise me, two years ago you had no idea who ShillUP even is.🤷‍♂️Me talking about the visuals and high effort put into a game is not me praising its gameplay🤡cringe.

Not only will there be things, but those games won't be a low effort, Welfare grade gamepass fodder.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Its you who doesn't understand what shilling is. You made a thread praising the game, that's shilling, except Sony doesn't even need to pay you.

Glad we cleared that up. I'm home from work, so i'm ending this back & forth, hopefully Sony announces something for you to shill for the next couple of years.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44547 Posts

I imagine they'll have to have something in next couple months if their Spider-Man will be releasing toward end of summer. Don't think one needs a crystal ball. There's really no reason to have anything before Final Fantasy XVI's launch, and probably better to shape their showcase based on whatever MS shows at their event. It would certainly seem more confident of Sony to go first. Perhaps if they did a May event maybe they're feeling pretty satisfied with themselves about jamming up the MS-ABK acquisition.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts

Don't do this goofy shit. It's not needed.

Hyping shit based of rumors and speculation is a xboy resort because they were starved of content and games. It's both desperate and embarrassing.

You don't see Nintendo fans doing this, so don't start following the trends of the group of gamers who live off hopes and dreams.

If Sony's official twitter or Sony rep hasn't reported it, don't make topics hyping/promoting shows.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1566 Posts
@lamprey263 said:

I imagine they'll have to have something in next couple months if their Spider-Man will be releasing toward end of summer. Don't think one needs a crystal ball. There's really no reason to have anything before Final Fantasy XVI's launch, and probably better to shape their showcase based on whatever MS shows at their event. It would certainly seem more confident of Sony to go first. Perhaps if they did a May event maybe they're feeling pretty satisfied with themselves about jamming up the MS-ABK acquisition.

This is also my thinking.

Sony can do whatever TF they want after this Redfall debacle.

Furthermore, what logical sense does it make to start promoting Spiderman 2 and all there other AAA titles before FF16 drops?

1. There's no need to do a show before MS 2. Wouldn't benefit Sony to move focus off FF16 before launch.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

The show will be 7 minutes long.

PlayStation has no games

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts
@last_lap said:

@Nonstop-Madness: C'mon man really? That's not a new game. Can you give me a better example?

You asked for an example and, I delivered it. Naughty Dog announced a remake of one of the most awarded games in history and released it within months. Some other examples: every PS5 launch title, many PC ports, DLC / expansions etc. Sure, they aren't going to announce and release lets say GoT2 within 6 months but, they can turn around *content* quickly.

My prediction: Horizon Forbidden West for PC gets announced and, released in the next 12 months.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MysticalDonut
@Nonstop-Madness said:
@last_lap said:

You asked for an example and, I delivered it. Naughty Dog announced a remake of one of the most awarded games in history and released it within months. Some other examples: every PS5 launch title, many PC ports, DLC / expansions etc. Sure, they aren't going to announce and release lets say GoT2 within 6 months but, they can turn around *content* quickly.

My prediction: Horizon Forbidden West for PC gets announced and, released in the next 12 months.

Since 2020 launch of the new consoles, Sony has released a lot of games for PS5/PC that you can't get on Xbox. You can't really say the same for the other way around. Where are all the games you can't play on PlayStation? There's Redfall, Pentiment, Grounded, Hi-Fi Rush....what was that game that was hyped around here cuz it was only on Xbox but then came to PS5 later in the year, lol The Medium?

*As Dusk Falls, Tell Me Why, High On Life...so many forgettable titles that came and went without a peep. Even a small title like Sackboy is still getting content (and its all free) on PS5, three years after the game launched...

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

SONY EXCLUSIVE,

*Timed exclusive.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hardwenzen

@zaryia said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

SONY EXCLUSIVE,

*Timed exclusive.

Prove it.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

I'm totally expecting at least two announcements from their 1st party group on something new. I don't mean new IP, but it could include that.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 12913 Posts

Would be nice. The first 6 months of 2023 has zero first party games. And with Spider-Man not until "fall" (unless it's delayed like all the PS games), it could be 9 months or more before we get a first party game. That's bullshit.

Hopefully we get a surprise in May.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KvallyX  Online

@hardwenzen said:

SONY EXCLUSIVES is because they're all polished quality titles

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#29 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 701 Posts

Sony will not show games at the same time of other studio because no one will notice them and there is no game to show. PlayStation has no games for a very long time and every body stay last generation bc no game only on PS5.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

@last_lap said:

No. It shows a track record with Sony and that its users have enough well earned faith to be hyped on just a logo alone. Sony delivers while MS fails.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts
@kvallyx said:

Would be nice. The first 6 months of 2023 has zero first party games. And with Spider-Man not until "fall" (unless it's delayed like all the PS games), it could be 9 months or more before we get a first party game. That's bullshit.

How’s redfall?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hardwenzen

I love how Kvally needs to search all over the web for "The Last Of Us glitches", "Forspoken (you really don't need to type anything else, the title of the game is enough lmao)" and "Horizon Forbidden West glitches" to cope with how pathetic Redfall is.

Like IMAGINE having to search all over the web to find glitches, out of map, not yet loaded textures from a ps4 pics to rival STANDARD gameplay from Redfall. If this isn't telling you how much of a mega failure Redfall is, i don't know what to tell you lol. Literally the biggest failure since the 7th gen, and i can't even think of anything from the 7th gen being this atrocious.

Its on gamepass anyways, so its fine, right?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hardwenzen
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Its you who doesn't understand what shilling is. You made a thread praising the game, that's shilling, except Sony doesn't even need to pay you.

Glad we cleared that up. I'm home from work, so i'm ending this back & forth, hopefully Sony announces something for you to shill for the next couple of years.

I praised the engine and graphics, you noob. Google the definition of shilling a game🤡Would help you out the next time you type that word on SW.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KvallyX  Online
@randy_lahey said:
@kvallyx said:

How’s redfall?

I don't know. I have been sick since Saturday and it got worse over the course of the past 4 days. TODAY I am finally back on the mend and at 90%. I laid in bed and on the couch being miserable while my wife took care of me.

@hardwenzen said:

I love how Kvally needs to search all over the web for "The Last Of Us glitches", "Forspoken (you really don't need to type anything else, the title of the game is enough lmao)" and "Horizon Forbidden West glitches" to cope with how pathetic Redfall is.

Like IMAGINE having to search all over the web to find glitches, out of map, not yet loaded textures from a ps4 pics to rival STANDARD gameplay from Redfall. If this isn't telling you how much of a mega failure Redfall is, i don't know what to tell you lol. Literally the biggest failure since the 7th gen, and i can't even think of anything from the 7th gen being this atrocious.

They were on gaf. I just copy/pasted from their threads lol. However, the horse ones were from my playthrough lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hardwenzen

@kvallyx: You have been searching all over the web for the last six months, bro. Keeps your mind away from this 4/10 video game. But if that's your way of coping, i respect that, i really do.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

I doubt that there will be a showcase. Maybe a State of Play? They're not going to do a showcase before Microsoft.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Last_Lap

@randy_lahey said:
@last_lap said:

No. It shows a track record with Sony and that its users have enough well earned faith to be hyped on just a logo alone. Sony delivers while MS fails.

No it shows that your thirst for ANYTHIING that Sony does shows you are indoctrinated, and those who are don't even know it, i present you with randy lahey, I rest my case.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@randy_lahey said:
@last_lap said:

No it shows that your thirst for ANYTHIING that Sony does shows you are indoctrinated, and those who are don't even know it, i present you with randy lahey, I rest my case.

I am not sure in what kind of magical world you're living in, but some companies are capable of releasing impressive visuals, animations and engines. Praising their achievement is not shilling the game🤡

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: The only thing you know how to do on here is shill everything Sony, I know this, you know this and so does everyone else. I'm done here, have a nice shilling day 😁

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hardwenzen
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: The only thing you know how to do on here is shill everything Sony, I know this, you know this and so does everyone else. I'm done here, have a nice shilling day 😁

Sorry, bruh, but the only thing i shill that is gaming related is my Fromsoft, and yes, i said it, they're mine.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Your posts prove otherwise, bye.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

You seriously think Sony is going to show upcoming projects from every single Sony studio?

Let's be realistic. The showcase will consist of a handful of indie titles and a teaser for Spiderman 2 and maybe the Naughty Dog battle royale.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MysticalDonut

@theam0g said:

You seriously think Sony is going to show upcoming projects from every single Sony studio?

Let's be realistic. The showcase will consist of a handful of indie titles and a teaser for Spiderman 2 and maybe the Naughty Dog battle royale.

I don't think anyone is expecting every studio to make an appearance. It was just a re-cap of what we have confirmed/rumored for each studio plus my own opinion and wishes.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

Spoiler alert...

lol :P

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gifford38  Online
Member since 2020 • 7138 Posts

@last_lap said:
@WitIsWisdom said:

yup 5 secs of ghost 2 would make me so excited.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gifford38  Online
Member since 2020 • 7138 Posts
@theam0g said:

I don't know sony and xbox been quiet lately. don;t know if it was about activision.

but both company's need to hype a bit because consoles are slow sales right know.

look at the reveal of ps5. it broke the internet.

I hope sony shows what is coming.

silent hill 2 remake and more.

mgs remake is real to.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

June 4th

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By hardwenzen
@kvallyx said:
@randy_lahey said:
@kvallyx said:

How’s redfall?

I started the game this morning before work. When looking at this game from the perspective of a AAA high quality campaign game like Halo Infinite or Gears of War, it clearly doesn't hold up visually. It doesn't hold up with voice overs. Art style is making the game appear as though it has been in development since the debut of the Xbox One, intended for the Xbox One.

I have only cleared out the Fire Station and started my trek east down the street from the Fire Station to go find the downed helicopters. During that time, the only issue I have had related to graphics, is the occasional shimmering. I saw some in that wave that was stopped for example. I had no issues with frames, and everything I had done was solid. I used the light arc on two vampires at the same time, as they were coming at me, then took shotgun shots to their faces while they were stuck, got their health down fast, R3'd them with the stake and made them my bitch. Not a blip.

Menu is easy to use. I love that the available skill points are noted next to your health. Most games I play, I need to find my available skill points by going into the menu. I would love to see more games add this. Or I just never played games that had this shown on the HUD.

Loot is plentiful, health packs seem to be frequent enough. Though regarding loot, I wish I could press/hold down on a button to scan an area so that I can see highlight loot easier. Sometimes I really don't notice the highlight around loot items, like pieces of paper.

I changed my controller sensitivity to the recommended settings that some people have found improvements with, so I never even got a chance to see how it was default. But it seems fine, but I still need to get used to it having just come off of playing Burning Shores, the sensitivity is still way different.

Control setup is great, HUD is great, shooting and the other weapons and items that you can use to attack are all VERY satisfying. I absolutely love the shooting aspect. It kind of reminds me of the satisfaction I get in Borderlands. It's obviously very early, but I don't get a Far Cry feel from the game yet.

I "think" I will like the game. It is by no means a 2 or 4 based on this initial impression. I look forward to exploring more. I could see how this might be fun co-op, but I don't know if I will ever try it.

If there is one game Redfall can easily compete in the viasuals department its Infinite😆Sometimes i ask myself if its not the same engine.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KvallyX  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:

I started the game this morning before work. When looking at this game from the perspective of a AAA high quality campaign game like Halo Infinite or Gears of War, it clearly doesn't hold up visually. It doesn't hold up with voice overs. Art style is making the game appear as though it has been in development since the debut of the Xbox One, intended for the Xbox One.

I have only cleared out the Fire Station and started my trek east down the street from the Fire Station to go find the downed helicopters. During that time, the only issue I have had related to graphics, is the occasional shimmering. I saw some in that wave that was stopped for example. I had no issues with frames, and everything I had done was solid. I used the light arc on two vampires at the same time, as they were coming at me, then took shotgun shots to their faces while they were stuck, got their health down fast, R3'd them with the stake and made them my bitch. Not a blip.

Menu is easy to use. I love that the available skill points are noted next to your health. Most games I play, I need to find my available skill points by going into the menu. I would love to see more games add this. Or I just never played games that had this shown on the HUD.

Loot is plentiful, health packs seem to be frequent enough. Though regarding loot, I wish I could press/hold down on a button to scan an area so that I can see highlight loot easier. Sometimes I really don't notice the highlight around loot items, like pieces of paper.

I changed my controller sensitivity to the recommended settings that some people have found improvements with, so I never even got a chance to see how it was default. But it seems fine, but I still need to get used to it having just come off of playing Burning Shores, the sensitivity is still way different.

Control setup is great, HUD is great, shooting and the other weapons and items that you can use to attack are all VERY satisfying. I absolutely love the shooting aspect. It kind of reminds me of the satisfaction I get in Borderlands. It's obviously very early, but I don't get a Far Cry feel from the game yet.

I "think" I will like the game. It is by no means a 2 or 4 based on this initial impression. I look forward to exploring more. I could see how this might be fun co-op, but I don't know if I will ever try it.

If there is one game Redfall can easily compete in the viasuals department its Infinite😆Sometimes i ask myself if its not the same engine.