Comic-con new Splinter Cell trailer!! ( gameplay )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/902601/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-conviction/videos/sdcc09_splintercell_trl_comictrailer_72109.html

Looks awesome.

user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts
I havn't really enjoyed previous Splinter Cell games, but this actually looks really good.
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
I havn't really enjoyed previous Splinter Cell games, but this actually looks really good.user_nat
QFT ... exactly how I feel about it. This plus ME, is making me upgrade the PC I planned to buy for my parents, I would have just bought a 360, but I would never pay for Live, and with no way to play online I could never justify the purchase.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Looks awful at least for a Splinter Cell game. Ubisoft really have no idea what their own fanbase wants do they.

Killzowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Killzowner
Member since 2009 • 191 Posts
[QUOTE="user_nat"]I havn't really enjoyed previous Splinter Cell games, but this actually looks really good.navstar29
QFT ... exactly how I feel about it. This plus ME, is making me upgrade the PC I planned to buy for my parents, I would have just bought a 360, but I would never pay for Live, and with no way to play online I could never justify the purchase.

is it possible you guys are only thinking this way all of a sudden cuz theres not much else out for 360 in almost 2 years?
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
[QUOTE="navstar29"][QUOTE="user_nat"]I havn't really enjoyed previous Splinter Cell games, but this actually looks really good.Killzowner

is it possible you guys are only thinking this way all of a sudden cuz theres not much else out for 360 in almost 2 years?

No 360 has a wonderful library, albeit I've played a good chunk of the games I would have purchased if I had the system, at my friends place, but I won't pay to play online, its a concept I don't support at all.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts
[QUOTE="navstar29"][QUOTE="user_nat"]I havn't really enjoyed previous Splinter Cell games, but this actually looks really good.Killzowner

Stop trolling and actually discuss the game.
Killzowner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Killzowner
Member since 2009 • 191 Posts
[QUOTE="Killzowner"][QUOTE="navstar29"] QFT ... exactly how I feel about it. This plus ME, is making me upgrade the PC I planned to buy for my parents, I would have just bought a 360, but I would never pay for Live, and with no way to play online I could never justify the purchase. navstar29

No 360 has a wonderful library, albeit I've played a good chunk of the games I would have purchased if I had the system, at my friends place, but I won't pay to play online, its a concept I don't support at all.

im with you there.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
looks awesome i cant wait
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
lol @ tom clansy games.Killzowner
never heard of tom clansy games. I think tom clansy is PS3 exclusive. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction=360 and PC tom clansy = PS3. I will also buy tom clansy because i own all the current gen console
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Looks awful at least for a Splinter Cell game. Ubisoft really have no idea what their own fanbase wants do they.

JangoWuzHere

They want cool espionage stuff, and Bourne is cool. Just because they focus on action doesn't mean the game is all like that. Or at least that's what Generic Age fans say!

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
I think this game is looking awsome. It is for sure on my to buy list.
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
lol @ tom clansy games.Killzowner
At least learn to spell the name correct before bashing it.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
Looks great. But nothing we haven't seen before like many say.
bizkit_limp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bizkit_limp
Member since 2005 • 303 Posts

Nice one TC, Splinter Cell games are awesome and Conviction is my top anticipated 360 game of 09.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

Splinter Cell is the greatest series ever and SC Chaos Theory is the greatest game ever imo cant wait for this one, though im disapointed that its a bit too fast paced and has bit too much gun action compared to other SC, still looking forward to it alot

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts
i'm looking forward to it.
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I'm glad Michael Ironside is still doing the voice for Sam.This new game looks brutal as hell. damn!

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

:shock:

This is definitely a first day purchase for me.

Arthray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Arthray
Member since 2008 • 150 Posts

Looking forward to it. However, I'm worried about the lack of AA and the presence of poor res textures seen in the trailer - hope they are able to fix it for the final product.

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts
I was never a fan of Splinter Cell games but this one looks ok. I'll wait for the reviews and if it's worth it I'll get it on PC.
Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="user_nat"]I havn't really enjoyed previous Splinter Cell games, but this actually looks really good.navstar29

Same here. I'm probably going to sound Blasphemous but I was not a fan of the earlier Splinter Cells. :P

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Baranga

They want cool espionage stuff, and Bourne is cool. Just because they focus on action doesn't mean the game is all like that. Or at least that's what Generic Age fans say!

I'd say they want to focus on making the action involving rather than forcing the player to hide in a corner waiting instead. Its a different focus, but it could work very well, if its executed properly, with the right balance of vulnerability and encouraging / rewarding stealth.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

How damn, Conviction looks stunning. This is real stealth. So slick and seamless. Chaos Theory was the last good Splinter Cell. This looks to top it.

dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#27 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

Looking forward to it. However, I'm worried about the lack of AA and the presence of poor res textures seen in the trailer - hope they are able to fix it for the final product.

Arthray
I'm be getting the PC version, so I won't have to worry about those things. :)
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Looks awesome, I have to check out Xbox LIVE later on, they have a whole section of Comic-con goodies there.

Impress3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Impress3
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts

Arthray

Yea, the game looked waay better graphics wise at E3, it looks average with a few nice spots in this trailer. Hope its an old build

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#30 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="navstar29"][QUOTE="user_nat"]I havn't really enjoyed previous Splinter Cell games, but this actually looks really good.Lionheart08

Same here. I'm probably going to sound Blasphemous but I was not a fan of the earlier Splinter Cells. :P

Blasphemy:P, I can understand Double Agent, but the previous Splinter Cells?

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#31 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I am really digging old Sam in this one. The whole vengeful, out to right wrongs tone it he has. I believe it will really set the stage for getting the player immersed into the story more out of really wanting to see Sam get his payback. Looking like the best SC yet, in my opinion.

-Pred-Alien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -Pred-Alien-
Member since 2009 • 1733 Posts
inbeforecowssaying360isholdingbackthegameanditlookscrap
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#33 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

http://au.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/902601/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-conviction/videos/sdcc09_splintercell_trl_comictrailer_72109.html

Looks awesome.

Woot, more Conviction is always a good thing. GOt mine on preorder, they just have to reveal some new MP details.
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

I'm glad Michael Ironside is still doing the voice for Sam.This new game looks brutal as hell. damn!

heretrix
He's as gruff as they come.