cod4 on xbox is one of the worst online shooters

This topic is locked from further discussion.

adam_1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 adam_1_basic
Member since 2002 • 1154 Posts

I am a big fan of call of duty 4, im awesome at it, but one thing why its the worst SINPERS. games like halo, Geow limit the sinper to 2 or 1. yes call of duty has oldschool but than it takes away from custom weapons, and perks. other things i dislike is the point of having soo many guns, when 90% use the M16, M4, and LMG and the sinpers. the 50. cal is way too overpowered, yes it is in real life but theres no one you can shoot as fast as you can....but i say the AK-47 is the best gun in the game

theres soo many sinpers that 1 person can kill the whole team

maybe theres a reason they dont have many 64 players online that you get on the PC

reviews say its the best game, but the game has been out for a long time and its a know on xbox live that if you use juggernaut your a noob. and it is annoying to have sinpers on your team on a small map

shadow_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 shadow_702
Member since 2003 • 788 Posts

Youre reasons are all stupid and unorganized.Theres much to love about this game and its hardly the worst shooter out there.

Failed attempt at Trolling if you can even call it that.

mfrank0607

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mfrank0607
Member since 2007 • 404 Posts

Use a silenced weapon, UAV Jammer, and Dead Silence problem solved

I use that when too many are sniping, and I agree Juggernaut shouldn't be used along with grenade launchers

adam_1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 adam_1_basic
idk maybe i just keep going into bad games. i played one map where 6 people on my team were using a sinper
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
Snipers are unbalanced in usually every game (mainly mainstream console-influenced shooters). The reason being that they treat it like a standard gun, just with a scope and a high powered round. They don't actually treat it like a real sniper rifle, or the scope like a real scope, or anything along those lines. Sometimes they try to create balance by making it a single-shot bolt-action rifle (such as the Longshot in GeOW) but that doesn't solve balancing issues. They need to treat the zoom realistically, the sway of the gun realistically, the whole "heartbeat" thing realistically, maybe for the .50 cals they should make you set up a bipod, etc. That way sniping can be considered "skillful" again.

There are other reasons why CoD4 is not that great.
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
I agree, i really dislike it. I am really good to, have a 2.1 and high prestige and what not but pub rooms really get old and boring. Just a boring game IMO. But each to his own i guess.
adam_1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 adam_1_basic

Use a silenced weapon, UAV Jammer, and Dead Silence problem solved

I use that when too many are sniping, and I agree Juggernaut shouldn't be used along with grenade launchers

mfrank0607

ak-47 silenced, with uav jammer best combo. i played against a clan that thought they were good, when the only time they one, they used nothing but grenade launchers and camped in one area of the map

adam_1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 adam_1_basic

Snipers are unbalanced in usually every game (mainly mainstream console-influenced shooters). The reason being that they treat it like a standard gun, just with a scope and a high powered round. They don't actually treat it like a real sniper rifle, or the scope like a real scope, or anything along those lines. Sometimes they try to create balance by making it a single-shot bolt-action rifle (such as the Longshot in GeOW) but that doesn't solve balancing issues. They need to treat the zoom realistically, the sway of the gun realistically, the whole "heartbeat" thing realistically, maybe for the .50 cals they should make you set up a bipod, etc. That way sniping can be considered "skillful" again.

There are other reasons why CoD4 is not that great.Saturos3091

americas army online for the PC i say they solved the problem, but maybe thats tooo realistic

mercenar3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mercenar3
Member since 2006 • 2238 Posts
this is what the killcam and sprinting is for. unless of course you play hardcore.
shadow_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shadow_702
Member since 2003 • 788 Posts

There are other reasons why CoD4 is not that great.Saturos3091

Snipers arent unbalanced they work like real snipers essientally the 50.Cal isn't that great either the M40 is a better sniper

Take it from me I'm 10th prestige 55.The only thing unbalanced in this game is the M16A4.Other things are annoying but

can be dealt with.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Saturos3091

americas army online for the PC i say they solved the problem, but maybe thats tooo realistic

adam_1_basic

Yeah, they did it right. I think that's closer to how it should be, maybe minus a bit of that realism. It needs to be fun too, maybe not as accessible when compared to many recent shooters seeing as a sniper is a very specialized class.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Saturos3091

Snipers arent unbalanced they work like real snipers essientally the 50.Cal isn't that great either the M40 is a better sniper

Take it from me I'm 10th prestige 55.The only thing unbalanced in this game is the M16A4.Other things are annoying but

can be dealt with.

shadow_702

I'm not just referring to CoD4, in fact I've barely used every weapon in CoD4 (I probably have one round with every weapon under my belt, but no more plus a bit of singleplayer experience. I don't own the game). I'm just saying in general games like GeOW, Halo 3, etc. all have imbalanced snipers because they try to be realistic with every weapon, but yet they fail when it comes to recreating that realism with snipers. You can't run around lugging a .50 cal with you everywhere you go, you need to set it up somewhere with a bipod, plus the scope-sight should move as nobody can hold a completely stable position (especially with a heavy gun like a .50 cal). When you're prone it should increase the accuracy (decrease the bouncing of the scope-sight) but it should still move a bit seeing as even professional shooters and marksmen in real life have to learn to fire between heartbeats. Like the TC said, a good example of a more realistic sniping experience is America's Army (the original, free version) on PC.

And yes, I do understand the M16A4 is unbalanced, and I haven't even played the game that much.
adam_1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 adam_1_basic
[QUOTE="adam_1_basic"]

Saturos3091

Yeah, they did it right. I think that's closer to how it should be, maybe minus a bit of that realism. It needs to be fun too, maybe not as accessible when compared to many recent shooters seeing as a sniper is a very specialized ****

it was fun than because the game is sooo realistic that if you see someone else chances 90% they see u to and 100% you or him will be dead a second later

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

Ouch. Everytime I play CoD4 (PS3 versioin), I always pick sniper with M40A1. Of course, I don't go up close like those guys with the M21s, Dragonuvs, and Barretts, and I usually pick one spot, snipe, and move on to the next. I don't see the point in staying in one spot for a long period of time. Never realized how unbalanced the sniper rifle is.

Personally, I think CoD4 is one of the best online shooters out there. My problems are with the matrydom perk, especially in Hardcore. Worse, sometimes I end up picking a teammate's dropped grenade, then killing myself. Also, does anyone think the Ak-47 is a bit too accurate? I used it a couple of times and managed to hit my targets far away.

adam_1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 adam_1_basic

Ouch. Everytime I play CoD4 (PS3 versioin), I always pick sniper with M40A1. Of course, I don't go up close like those guys with the M21s, Dragonuvs, and Barretts, and I usually pick one spot, snipe, and move on to the next. I don't see the point in staying in one spot for a long period of time. Never realized how unbalanced the sniper rifle is.

Personally, I think CoD4 is one of the best online shooters out there. My problems are with the matrydom perk, especially in Hardcore. Worse, sometimes I end up picking a teammate's dropped grenade, then killing myself. Also, does anyone think the Ak-47 is a bit too accurate? I used it a couple of times and managed to hit my targets far away.

leviathan91

rainbow six is the only game ive played that made the ak-47 right, the first round is always the most accurate. but the gun is one of the best made gun in the world, made in WWII still used today, you can see it in blackhawk down when the first marine is killed thats how accurate the first round is, or around that area

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

i know cod4 is a game where u can shoot randomly to kill ppl, it was fun for a day and then got lame because there is no strategy. I still own it and enjoy it once a month but no its not awesome...

ps um its not like real life in dev videos they said they wanted to make it like a movie and there fore they made the guns how they wanted them.

LOL u think in real life u can take 7 shots to the chest without stopping?

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Saturos3091

rainbow six is the only game ive played that made the ak-47 right, the first round is always the most accurate. but the gun is one of the best made gun in the world, made in WWII still used today, you can see it in blackhawk down when the first marine is killed thats how accurate the first round is, or around that area

adam_1_basic

It's cheap and easy to make, and quite durable plus it can withstand adverse weather conditions. Also yes, it was designed during WW2, just like you said. Definately some elements taken from the german design for the MP44 (STG44), the very first assault rifle.

Problem is the gun really isn't accurate at all minus the first shot. I have yet to play a game that gets that right, should try R6 sometime.
demonik_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 demonik_360
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts

Youre reasons are all stupid and unorganized.Theres much to love about this game and its hardly the worst shooter out there.

shadow_702
I agree. And whats up with the random hate on xbox live? TC didn't even say why...The PHAIL BOATZZ IS OPEN!
adam_1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 adam_1_basic
[QUOTE="shadow_702"]

demonik_360

I agree. And whats up with the random hate on xbox live? TC didn't even say why...The PHAIL BOATZZ IS OPEN!

i am not hating on xbox live just COD4 on the xbox because i dont have it on the PS3, and i only play battliefield2 and some others on the PC

BobHipJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BobHipJames
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts

Really whiney and insubstantial criticism TBH. It's incredibly difficult to actually HIT anyone on PS3 with the sniper rifle and when I actually managed to hit someone in the leg with the fifty cal, not only did they run away, still alive, they actually sped up as they ran away.

In real life, I'm sorry to say, he wouldn't even HAVE a leg after that fifty cal hits.

Within reason, gentlemen, within reason.

That and there are a million ways to flank people in COD4. But IMO, they should have cleaned up image quality so that you could actually see anything at a distance through anything but a scope. When I'm playing a real game, I can blow things up with an AR or a bolt-action w/o scope, but it seems in COD4, all I appear to be aiming at is mud.

You seriously need to try the MP5 or M4 and get back to me, mate. Sniper spamming doesn't make a game "the worst online shooter."