COD is "NOT" unbalanced and "CASUALS" have ruined it!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MortgageMan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MortgageMan007
Member since 2010 • 875 Posts

COD MW1-2 and Black Ops are not unbalanced now sadly it looks like Black Ops will be gimped for us good players who put the time in effort into these games.

So let me ask you guys on a real battlefield in war. Will a Solder that is only a private yell out to the enemy solder who is a Green Barret hey stop wait don't shoot you have far more experience then me:?

Or will a front line grunt should start singling to the enemyy that is getting ready to drop a rain on bombs or call in air support and say hey wait no fair I'm just a grunt solder on the ground here:?

This is so LAME for us who put the time and effort in we deserve to have leveled up online players and perks in the COD games. Yet the casuals have screamed:cry: why are we getting owned when we try and log into a quick online match.

Honestly COD was not unbalanced at all it rewarded players for there devotion and self skill training now the casuals have ruined this. And this really hurts Black ops now because I was really looking forward to Combat Training but not so much now because the player progression and leveling is separate from the online progression so now you have to have to separate progressions for each and put in TWICE the time to level up each.

And why has this happened because to many complaints from casuals from rage quiting and wanting to be able to just think they can log into a match once every blue moon and own people this is BS

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

then stop playing it? i never knew why people complained about videogames, if you don't like it just play something else, medal of honor looks similar so go try that out, good sir

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Ok then, what guns and perks do you use? That should answer your own rant...
Avatar image for carlisledavid79
carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 carlisledavid79
Member since 2006 • 10522 Posts
Im guessing you missed the, This should be in your blog perk :P
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#5 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

COD MW1-2 and Black Ops are not unbalanced now sadly it looks like Black Ops will be gimped for us good players who put the time in effort into these games.

So let me ask you guys on a real battlefield in war. Will a Solder that is only a private yell out to the enemy solder who is a Green Barret hey stop wait don't shoot you have far more experience then me:?

Or will a front line grunt should start singling to the enemyy that is getting ready to drop a rain on bombs or call in air support and say hey wait no fair I'm just a grunt solder on the ground here:?

This is so LAME for us who put the time and effort in we deserve to have leveled up online players and perks in the COD games. Yet the casuals have screamed:cry: why are we getting owned when we try and log into a quick online match.

Honestly COD was not unbalanced at all it rewarded players for there devotion and self skill training now the casuals have ruined this. And this really hurts Black ops now because I was really looking forward to Combat Training but not so much now because the player progression and leveling is separate from the online progression so now you have to have to separate progressions for each and put in TWICE the time to level up each.

And why has this happened because to many complaints from casuals from rage quiting and wanting to be able to just think they can log into a match once every blue moon and own people this is BS

MortgageMan007
cod4 MW was not unbalanced...there was a pretty good balance in perks and weapons...but it all changed with MW2...perks were extremely imba and the amount of firepower a class can have its just ridiculous
hd5870corei7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 hd5870corei7
Member since 2010 • 1612 Posts

No CoD game was ever unbalanced, clearly any one who's said it is has never played BF:BC2.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JohnF111

Black Ops will be gimped for us good players who put the time in effort into these games.MortgageMan007

And this really hurts Black ops now because I was really looking forward to Combat Training but not so much now because the player progression and leveling is separate from the online progression so now you have to have to separate progressions for each and put in TWICE the time to level up each.

MortgageMan007

Isn't this negating what you previously say about hard work and devotion? You don't even have a viable argument as your contradicting yourself..

MortgageMan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MortgageMan007

[QUOTE="MortgageMan007"]

Black Ops will be gimped for us good players who put the time in effort into these games.JohnF111

And this really hurts Black ops now because I was really looking forward to Combat Training but not so much now because the player progression and leveling is separate from the online progression so now you have to have to separate progressions for each and put in TWICE the time to level up each.

MortgageMan007

Isn't this negating what you previously say about hard work and devotion? You don't even have a viable argument as your contradicting yourself..

No I'm not you would still have to put many hours of play into combat training to level up. So why should we have to do it twice for online and combat training they should be all as one.

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

Did anyone find it funny that he started this rant with CoD4, and totally disregards the first 3 games in the series, and then complains about casuals ruining the series?

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Did anyone find it funny that he started this rant with CoD4, and totally disregards the first 3 games in the series, and then complains about casuals ruining the series?

Kickinurass

You think he is one of these "Casuals" who started with COD4?

carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 carlisledavid79

OP has been here many many (many) times before.

;)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Go play some original Call of Duty on the PC. You should be a lot happier. Or hell, Day of Defeat.

MortgageMan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MortgageMan007

Go play some original Call of Duty on the PC. You should be a lot happier. Or hell, Day of Defeat.

foxhound_fox

I used to play a lot of both. I got Day Of Defeat and I also have COD 1 and the United Offensive expansion. I'm not new to COD

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Me and my friends were talking about MW2 the other day.... "MW2 is not even about having fun anymore, its about who can get the most ***** up kills" also... "only as*** play this game now" Have to say I agree with them. Really what ruins MW2 is that the game is not balanced, also people sucking bad at the game has something to do with that as well. MW2 is a good game with problems that could have been fixed, but IW never did anything about it.

carlisledavid79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 carlisledavid79
BBC 2 online has COD 1 and 2 online beat anyway (in my opinion) I'll will soon find out if Black Ops has a better online for me.
Kan0nF0dder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kan0nF0dder
Member since 2009 • 1962 Posts

MortgageMan007
Mate, I play a lot of shooters. And I'm telling you right now that MW2 was one of the most unbalanced, poorly designed, PoS games I've ever played.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts
It rewards the best and most experienced players by giving them perks, upgrades, bonuses, and access to all the weaponry whereas the greenhorns get a few assault rifles and basic perks to choose from. That's the definition of imbalanced. If you think you deserve to have a better avatar because you're a better player....just stop. You're hurting your case, not helping it. BTW, in games like Counter Strike Source, greenhorns come in and get thrashed. Why? Because the experts are better than them. Meanwhile, in COD, all you have to do is play the game for 100 hours and now you have an advantage over a CSS veteran who could cream you in a fair fight. The game is not based on skill, it's based on how many fancy gizmos you've unlocked. And for the record, getting the opportunity to make half the map light up in death fireworks because you got a 5 person killstreak is NOT FAIR. It is the opposite of game balance. If it was truly balanced, everyone's avatar would be equal and the only distinguishing factor would be the player behind them.
AiurProtoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AiurProtoss
Member since 2010 • 1080 Posts
COD is now the most unbalanced piece of garbage on the planet. were some noob can camp and then get 12 more kills from his autoaim chopper gunner, yup thats fair and balanced you totally had to work for those kills right?
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cee1gee
Member since 2008 • 2042 Posts
COD is now the most unbalanced piece of garbage on the planet. were some noob can camp and then get 12 more kills from his autoaim chopper gunner, yup thats fair and balanced you totally had to work for those kills right?AiurProtoss
a good player is always a good player and so what if he dies 1 or 2 times from a noob..it happens...if u die more than 10 times in a match then it seems like ur not good
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
People who have played a game longer should not literally be given more powerful weapons.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts

People who have played a game longer should not literally be given more powerful weapons.Head_of_games
this, they should actually get stronger weapons that have a learning curve. that you really have to be good to be good with, that way no one gets a free pass. weaker weapons are easier to use while more powerful weapons come at the cost of skill.

EDIT: also remove all perks. maybe keep the faster reload, unlimited sprint, quicker sighting, and other smaller ones. Kill off stopping power and commando those are so freaking unbalanced its not even funny, SP makes the 1st guns you get comparable to any other gun out there.

also, make the shotguns all the same range about, spas 12 is way better than anything that isn't an AA12 at close range.

After that remove killstreaks (or atleast the cheap ones)

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10143 Posts

How's this for balance:

In the old school days, a classic team deathmatch would consist of two teams fighting where every player has every weapon, and there is no health regen. There are no weapons on the map. Nothing. Just players and their equipment. That's how it used to be done.

Screw this perk nonsese. All perks do is distract the player from the gameplay and trick the player into thinking the game is good because the unlocking perk craze attempts to cover up and hide tha attrocious gunplay.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

MW2 is so unbalanced it's freaking ridicolous

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
[QUOTE="Head_of_games"]People who have played a game longer should not literally be given more powerful weapons.mayceV
this, they should actually get stronger weapons that have a learning curve. that you really have to be good to be good with, that way no one gets a free pass. weaker weapons are easier to use while more powerful weapons come at the cost of skill.

What's wrong with everyone having access to every weapon? If you're going to have unlocks, they should have the same goal as TF2 unlocks: Being Balanced.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
Member since 2008 • 2051 Posts

Well console will keep making games worse.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#26 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

no, i'm pretty sure it was always unbalanced.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i don't cry about the guys that play it like it's their job and get perks that i don't get i simply play other games that don't do that like battlefield 43.

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
[QUOTE="mayceV"][QUOTE="Head_of_games"]People who have played a game longer should not literally be given more powerful weapons.Head_of_games

What's wrong with everyone having access to every weapon? If you're going to have unlocks, they should have the same goal as TF2 unlocks: Being Balanced.

yes I know, but if a game was to be played offline or in a situation where a person gets an obviously better weapon than another person it should take more skill to use than the weaker weapons.This way the skilled person will win. Halo for example does this well, as does PDZ.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 24003 Posts

Level ups is the main reason I avoid modern multiplayer games like the plague. Playtime should not determine which weapons a player can and cannot use and perks are even worse. Back in the days when I played a lot of multiplayer anyone could use any weapon they wanted to no matter how long they have played the game, back in the days of CS, Quake and Doom. Instead these greenhorns got destroyed because of their lack of skill.

League of Legends have the biggest problems with this where highly leveled players not only get access to better champions, but attack 15% faster,have at least 100 more health, 7% dodge, spells do more damage. Just ugh, why cant my friends play Heroes of newerth instead?

And I have heard the new Red Orchestra will have level ups as well in addition to hero players who gain access to more weapons (I don't know if these will be better or not). Either way, the more of this awful level up system in multiplayer games we get rid off the better. The fun in multiplayer should be to compete against other players face opponents with a brain, not to level up some virtual ego.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Not sure about black ops, but in COD4 the you start out with the best guns. In MW2 you also had some pretty good guns at the start, like the Famas,UMP45,SCAR, and the M4.

jessmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 jessmaster13
Member since 2009 • 3170 Posts

...Did anyone understand that?

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JohnF111

No I'm not you would still have to put many hours of play into combat training to level up. So why should we have to do it twice for online and combat training they should be all as one.

MortgageMan007

So your complaining about a casual game being too hardcore? Where is your logic really?

"Combat Training" is meant to acclimate new players to the maps and match structure of online play, while still serving as a useful practice for mid-level or veteran players.

Basically Combat Training is not neccessary, sure it'll have ach's or trophies like "Play 5 matches in Combat Training" but jeez it's just another way to play, not a completely neccessary mode that you just HAVE to do or the world will explode... get over it.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

I can't take you seriously when you say CoD is balanced. :lol:

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19606 Posts

Honestly COD was not unbalanced at all it rewarded players for there devotion and self skill training now the casuals have ruined this.

MortgageMan007

Giving some players a clear advantage over others with no drawbacks is the very definition of imbalanced.
Getting much better weapons for playing longer is a terrible idea for online shooters - it means everyone has to play for stupidly long amounts of time just to be competitive. Bugger that.