NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10702 Posts

Cloud Imperium put together a highlight reel of some of their work on Squadron 42 over this year. I'm glad we get see some footage of the Vanduul and their ships. They're barely ever brought up in both Star Citizen and Squadron 42 to the point practically everyone forgot that there is an alien race in the game.

Chris Roberts also claims that Squadron 42 will have a level of connection, characterization and acting above Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last Of Us and God Of War. Pretty bold statement but it damn better for all the money people have pumped into it.

The beta for Squadron 42 is due Q3 2020.

Here is also a new video for Star Citizen Alpha 3.8

Inb4 IP_Daily makes a delay joke

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 39977 Posts

Inb4 I_P_Daily says, it's a scam.

All jest aside. Can't lie, that looked awesome! But for now, I got other games to play and whenever SQ42 releases, I'll be ready.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NoodleFighter

@davillain-: Considering how transparent Cloud Imperium games are and the money they're putting on celebrity actors I wouldn't call Star Citizen a scam but a very mismanaged project. It makes clear sense why Microsoft and EA did what they did. They were essentially a necessary evil to reign in the overly ambitious Chris Roberts.

Anyway I got a ton of other games to play. I'm not putting any money down till I see some beta footage of Squadron 42 and if it gets a release date with no signs of delay with a few months or weeks of its release.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 37040 Posts
@NoodleFighter said:

connection, characterization and acting above Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last Of Us and God Of War.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wing_commander

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11460 Posts

The year is 2020, this game still in pre alpha.

its never coming out ever.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 39977 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@davillain-: Considering how transparent Cloud Imperium games are and the money they're putting on celebrity actors I wouldn't call Star Citizen a scam but a very mismanaged project. It makes clear sense why Microsoft and EA did what they did. They were essentially a necessary evil to reign in the overly ambitious Chris Roberts.

Anyway I got a ton of other games to play. I'm not putting any money down till I see some beta footage of Squadron 42 and if it gets a release date with no signs of delay with a few months or weeks of its release.

I wish Star Citizen did it the way Elite: Dangerous did. I have no idea why the hell anyone in Cloud Imperium thought the way they were going it was a good idea. At least with Elite: Dangerous, it got updated as times went on, Star Citizen could do the same.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NoodleFighter

@davillain-: Star Citizen's scale is most likely the reason why it isn't updated like Elite: Dangerous. The already made the mistake of choosing CryEngine when they thought they're going to be making just a singleplayer game with some small scale multiplayer. Then they had to transfer over to lumberyard and hire Crytek engineers to revamp the engine to suit their needs.

@uninspiredcup:Why do you gotta crush everyone's spirits like that. Now I gotta pray that they greatly learned from the mistakes of the Wing Commander movie.

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4611 Posts

Apparently this will release along side PS9.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 128

#9 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 11221 Posts

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 5445 Posts

Awesome gameplay.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By I_P_Daily  Online
Member since 2015 • 13994 Posts

@davillain-: Have you not called your credit card company yet for a refund? you've resigned to the fact that the money's gone, oh well you can still get tickets for citizenCON :)

@NoodleFighter: Where's the trailer for the announcement of the trailer for the announcement of the release date announcement trailer? that's what I want to know.

Here's a Christmas card for you guys, merry Christmas fella's :)

PS...oh shit I forgot to mention that when you open it there is a photo of Chris Roberts dressed in a Santa suit saying merry Christmas and that this ship can be all yours for the tidy sum of $500, and for an extra $100 you can change the colour of the cat to any colour you like :)

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 6722 Posts

I hope this game became a reality someday for the fans but Chris Roberts reminded me of Peter Molyneux hyping up Fable.

I_P_Daily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 I_P_Daily  Online
Member since 2015 • 13994 Posts

@sakaixx said:

I hope this game became a reality someday for the fans but Chris Roberts reminded me of Peter Molyneux hyping up Fable.

Difference is Fable released in full to the public.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98172 Posts

Elite Dangerous just celebrated it's 5 year anniversary. I'm having a hard time believing that anything Star Citizen is actually going to see the light of day.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ghosts4ever

@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

Difference is Fable released in full to the public.

for once i agree. this game will never release.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 2887 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Elite Dangerous just celebrated it's 5 year anniversary. I'm having a hard time believing that anything Star Citizen is actually going to see the light of day.

(old but still valid) cause ED is a mile wide and an inch deep. SC is the opposite (currently)

@ghosts4ever said:

funny, I didnt see anyone bitching this much about RDR 2 in 2014.

oh yea thats right, no one knew shit about it cause of a closed development process.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ghosts4ever

@dxmcat said:
@foxhound_fox said:

(old but still valid) cause ED is a mile wide and an inch deep. SC is the opposite (currently)

@ghosts4ever said:

oh yea thats right, no one knew shit about it cause of a closed development process.

come on. RDR2 was announced in 2017 and released in 2018.

this game has been in pre alpha since 2012. beside I only cared about Squadron 42. a single player one but it was also missing in action.

that star citizen multiplayer MMO. i have Zero interest.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dxmcat

@ghosts4ever said:
@dxmcat said:
@foxhound_fox said:

@ghosts4ever said:

this game has been in pre alpha since 2012. beside I only cared about Squadron 42. a single player one but it was also missing in action.

come on nothing, its a fucking closed a hell development process vs a completely open one. You don't have a leg to stand on cause you didnt know shit about it till it was announced. Work on RDR 2 started back in 2011. With an established studio and 1000+ employees. it still took them 7 years.

You couldn't even fly a ship in sc till june 2014, no "universe" till dec 2015. (alpha 2.0). As per the video above, you think someone could build an entire game company, several studios, staff 500 people, AND have your game looking like that in a period of 2-3 years? Get a clue. As funds expanded, so did the game.

Per the new roadmap system from a year ago, SQ42 Beta announced for Q2 2020. Since then its only moved one quarter from that target. I know wikipedia is too much reading for you.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever

@dxmcat said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@dxmcat said:
@foxhound_fox said:

@ghosts4ever said:

come on nothing, its a fucking closed a hell development process vs a completely open one. You don't have a leg to stand on cause you didnt know shit about it till it was announced. Work on RDR 2 started back in 2011. With an established studio and 1000+ employees. it still took them 7 years.

You couldn't even fly a ship in sc till june 2014, no "universe" till dec 2015. (alpha 2.0). As per the video above, you think someone could build an entire game company, several studios, staff 500 people, AND have your game looking like that in a period of 2-3 years? Get a clue. As funds expanded, so did the game.

Per the new roadmap system from a year ago, SQ42 Beta announced for Q2 2020. Since then its only moved one quarter from that target. I know wikipedia is too much reading for you.

thats just an excuse.

chris roberts collecting money. selling fictional ships at 1000 bucks in the name of "beta testing". SQ42 was suppose to release in 2016, then 17, 18 and its almost 2020 and no word on it.

Its a kickstarter project. they always failed. look at what happen with shenmue 3. it was highest crowdfunding project and failed.

this game will never ever released.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1061 Posts

They been teasing this for 6+ years...

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 963 Posts

Star Citizen should be considered a religious sect at this point. This game is scheduled along with the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dxmcat

@ghosts4ever: reality = excuse, gotcha. shenmues biggest failure was having a decade+old game formula.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 4735 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Apparently this will release along side PS9.

the scale of their game is so big I doubt even ps19 could handle it

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6176 Posts

The game looks nothing like that though, even though it's technically in-engine. The actual game is a jank fest.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dxmcat

@PernicioEnigma said:

The game looks nothing like that though, even though it's technically in-engine. The actual game is a jank fest.

well duh, they are two seperate games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45382 Posts

@davillain- said:

Inb4 I_P_Daily says, it's a scam.

All jest aside. Can't lie, that looked awesome! But for now, I got other games to play and whenever SQ42 releases, I'll be ready.

Pretty much how I feel.

Obviously I wish they'd make more progress on it than they do, but whatever, no sweat off my back.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#27 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 36569 Posts

I remembered when this game was IMPOSSIBLE on consoles but by the time its released it would run on the shittiest PC. LMAO. 9 years in development for a beta.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghosts4ever

@dxmcat said:
@PernicioEnigma said:

well duh, they are two seperate games.

and i only care about Squadron 42. the single player game. the single player sci fi FPS/Space combat hybrid. it would be my dream game. sadly it wont release otherwise if they announced release date. it would become one of my most hype game.

now star citizen. the MMO one on other hand. is something i dont care about...

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1402 Posts

I remember PC gamers talking about this around the time the PS4 launched.