Cloud Imperium releases new Squadron 42 visual teaser trailer

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
NoodleFighter

10702

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10702 Posts

Cloud Imperium put together a highlight reel of some of their work on Squadron 42 over this year. I'm glad we get see some footage of the Vanduul and their ships. They're barely ever brought up in both Star Citizen and Squadron 42 to the point practically everyone forgot that there is an alien race in the game.

Chris Roberts also claims that Squadron 42 will have a level of connection, characterization and acting above Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last Of Us and God Of War. Pretty bold statement but it damn better for all the money people have pumped into it.

The beta for Squadron 42 is due Q3 2020.

Here is also a new video for Star Citizen Alpha 3.8

Inb4 IP_Daily makes a delay joke

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

39977

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 39977 Posts

Inb4 I_P_Daily says, it's a scam.

All jest aside. Can't lie, that looked awesome! But for now, I got other games to play and whenever SQ42 releases, I'll be ready.

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
NoodleFighter

10702

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10702 Posts

@davillain-: Considering how transparent Cloud Imperium games are and the money they're putting on celebrity actors I wouldn't call Star Citizen a scam but a very mismanaged project. It makes clear sense why Microsoft and EA did what they did. They were essentially a necessary evil to reign in the overly ambitious Chris Roberts.

Anyway I got a ton of other games to play. I'm not putting any money down till I see some beta footage of Squadron 42 and if it gets a release date with no signs of delay with a few months or weeks of its release.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
uninspiredcup

37040

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 37040 Posts
@NoodleFighter said:

connection, characterization and acting above Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last Of Us and God Of War.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wing_commander

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

11460

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11460 Posts

The year is 2020, this game still in pre alpha.

its never coming out ever.

Avatar image for davillain-
DaVillain-

39977

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain-  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 39977 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@davillain-: Considering how transparent Cloud Imperium games are and the money they're putting on celebrity actors I wouldn't call Star Citizen a scam but a very mismanaged project. It makes clear sense why Microsoft and EA did what they did. They were essentially a necessary evil to reign in the overly ambitious Chris Roberts.

Anyway I got a ton of other games to play. I'm not putting any money down till I see some beta footage of Squadron 42 and if it gets a release date with no signs of delay with a few months or weeks of its release.

I wish Star Citizen did it the way Elite: Dangerous did. I have no idea why the hell anyone in Cloud Imperium thought the way they were going it was a good idea. At least with Elite: Dangerous, it got updated as times went on, Star Citizen could do the same.

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
NoodleFighter

10702

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 10702 Posts

@davillain-: Star Citizen's scale is most likely the reason why it isn't updated like Elite: Dangerous. The already made the mistake of choosing CryEngine when they thought they're going to be making just a singleplayer game with some small scale multiplayer. Then they had to transfer over to lumberyard and hire Crytek engineers to revamp the engine to suit their needs.

@uninspiredcup:Why do you gotta crush everyone's spirits like that. Now I gotta pray that they greatly learned from the mistakes of the Wing Commander movie.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
Random_Matt

4611

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#8 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4611 Posts

Apparently this will release along side PS9.

Avatar image for BassMan
BassMan

11221

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 128

User Lists: 0

#9 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 11221 Posts

Avatar image for SUD123456
SUD123456

5445

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 5445 Posts

Awesome gameplay.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

13994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By I_P_Daily  Online
Member since 2015 • 13994 Posts

@davillain-: Have you not called your credit card company yet for a refund? you've resigned to the fact that the money's gone, oh well you can still get tickets for citizenCON :)

@NoodleFighter: Where's the trailer for the announcement of the trailer for the announcement of the release date announcement trailer? that's what I want to know.

Here's a Christmas card for you guys, merry Christmas fella's :)

PS...oh shit I forgot to mention that when you open it there is a photo of Chris Roberts dressed in a Santa suit saying merry Christmas and that this ship can be all yours for the tidy sum of $500, and for an extra $100 you can change the colour of the cat to any colour you like :)

Avatar image for sakaixx
sakaiXx

6722

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 6722 Posts

I hope this game became a reality someday for the fans but Chris Roberts reminded me of Peter Molyneux hyping up Fable.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
I_P_Daily

13994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#13 I_P_Daily  Online
Member since 2015 • 13994 Posts

@sakaixx said:

I hope this game became a reality someday for the fans but Chris Roberts reminded me of Peter Molyneux hyping up Fable.

Difference is Fable released in full to the public.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
foxhound_fox

98172

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98172 Posts

Elite Dangerous just celebrated it's 5 year anniversary. I'm having a hard time believing that anything Star Citizen is actually going to see the light of day.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

11460

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#15 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11460 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@sakaixx said:

I hope this game became a reality someday for the fans but Chris Roberts reminded me of Peter Molyneux hyping up Fable.

Difference is Fable released in full to the public.

for once i agree. this game will never release.

Avatar image for dxmcat
dxmcat

2887

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 2887 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Elite Dangerous just celebrated it's 5 year anniversary. I'm having a hard time believing that anything Star Citizen is actually going to see the light of day.

(old but still valid) cause ED is a mile wide and an inch deep. SC is the opposite (currently)

@ghosts4ever said:

for once i agree. this game will never release.

funny, I didnt see anyone bitching this much about RDR 2 in 2014.

oh yea thats right, no one knew shit about it cause of a closed development process.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

11460

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#17 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11460 Posts

@dxmcat said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Elite Dangerous just celebrated it's 5 year anniversary. I'm having a hard time believing that anything Star Citizen is actually going to see the light of day.

(old but still valid) cause ED is a mile wide and an inch deep. SC is the opposite (currently)

@ghosts4ever said:

for once i agree. this game will never release.

funny, I didnt see anyone bitching this much about RDR 2 in 2014.

oh yea thats right, no one knew shit about it cause of a closed development process.

come on. RDR2 was announced in 2017 and released in 2018.

this game has been in pre alpha since 2012. beside I only cared about Squadron 42. a single player one but it was also missing in action.

that star citizen multiplayer MMO. i have Zero interest.

Avatar image for dxmcat
dxmcat

2887

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 2887 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@dxmcat said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Elite Dangerous just celebrated it's 5 year anniversary. I'm having a hard time believing that anything Star Citizen is actually going to see the light of day.

(old but still valid) cause ED is a mile wide and an inch deep. SC is the opposite (currently)

@ghosts4ever said:

for once i agree. this game will never release.

funny, I didnt see anyone bitching this much about RDR 2 in 2014.

oh yea thats right, no one knew shit about it cause of a closed development process.

come on. RDR2 was announced in 2017 and released in 2018.

this game has been in pre alpha since 2012. beside I only cared about Squadron 42. a single player one but it was also missing in action.

that star citizen multiplayer MMO. i have Zero interest.

come on nothing, its a fucking closed a hell development process vs a completely open one. You don't have a leg to stand on cause you didnt know shit about it till it was announced. Work on RDR 2 started back in 2011. With an established studio and 1000+ employees. it still took them 7 years.

You couldn't even fly a ship in sc till june 2014, no "universe" till dec 2015. (alpha 2.0). As per the video above, you think someone could build an entire game company, several studios, staff 500 people, AND have your game looking like that in a period of 2-3 years? Get a clue. As funds expanded, so did the game.

Per the new roadmap system from a year ago, SQ42 Beta announced for Q2 2020. Since then its only moved one quarter from that target. I know wikipedia is too much reading for you.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

11460

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#19 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11460 Posts

@dxmcat said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@dxmcat said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Elite Dangerous just celebrated it's 5 year anniversary. I'm having a hard time believing that anything Star Citizen is actually going to see the light of day.

(old but still valid) cause ED is a mile wide and an inch deep. SC is the opposite (currently)

@ghosts4ever said:

for once i agree. this game will never release.

funny, I didnt see anyone bitching this much about RDR 2 in 2014.

oh yea thats right, no one knew shit about it cause of a closed development process.

come on. RDR2 was announced in 2017 and released in 2018.

this game has been in pre alpha since 2012. beside I only cared about Squadron 42. a single player one but it was also missing in action.

that star citizen multiplayer MMO. i have Zero interest.

come on nothing, its a fucking closed a hell development process vs a completely open one. You don't have a leg to stand on cause you didnt know shit about it till it was announced. Work on RDR 2 started back in 2011. With an established studio and 1000+ employees. it still took them 7 years.

You couldn't even fly a ship in sc till june 2014, no "universe" till dec 2015. (alpha 2.0). As per the video above, you think someone could build an entire game company, several studios, staff 500 people, AND have your game looking like that in a period of 2-3 years? Get a clue. As funds expanded, so did the game.

Per the new roadmap system from a year ago, SQ42 Beta announced for Q2 2020. Since then its only moved one quarter from that target. I know wikipedia is too much reading for you.

thats just an excuse.

chris roberts collecting money. selling fictional ships at 1000 bucks in the name of "beta testing". SQ42 was suppose to release in 2016, then 17, 18 and its almost 2020 and no word on it.

Its a kickstarter project. they always failed. look at what happen with shenmue 3. it was highest crowdfunding project and failed.

this game will never ever released.

Avatar image for speedytimsi
speedytimsi

1061

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1061 Posts

They been teasing this for 6+ years...

Avatar image for ivangrozny
IvanGrozny

963

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 963 Posts

Star Citizen should be considered a religious sect at this point. This game is scheduled along with the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ.

Avatar image for dxmcat
dxmcat

2887

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#22 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 2887 Posts

@ghosts4ever: reality = excuse, gotcha. shenmues biggest failure was having a decade+old game formula.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

4735

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#23 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 4735 Posts

@Random_Matt said:

Apparently this will release along side PS9.

the scale of their game is so big I doubt even ps19 could handle it

Avatar image for PernicioEnigma
PernicioEnigma

6176

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6176 Posts

The game looks nothing like that though, even though it's technically in-engine. The actual game is a jank fest.

Avatar image for dxmcat
dxmcat

2887

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#25 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 2887 Posts

@PernicioEnigma said:

The game looks nothing like that though, even though it's technically in-engine. The actual game is a jank fest.

well duh, they are two seperate games.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

45382

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#26 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45382 Posts

@davillain- said:

Inb4 I_P_Daily says, it's a scam.

All jest aside. Can't lie, that looked awesome! But for now, I got other games to play and whenever SQ42 releases, I'll be ready.

Pretty much how I feel.

Obviously I wish they'd make more progress on it than they do, but whatever, no sweat off my back.

Avatar image for Pedro
Pedro

36569

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#27 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 36569 Posts

I remembered when this game was IMPOSSIBLE on consoles but by the time its released it would run on the shittiest PC. LMAO. 9 years in development for a beta.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
Ghosts4ever

11460

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#28 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 11460 Posts

@dxmcat said:
@PernicioEnigma said:

The game looks nothing like that though, even though it's technically in-engine. The actual game is a jank fest.

well duh, they are two seperate games.

and i only care about Squadron 42. the single player game. the single player sci fi FPS/Space combat hybrid. it would be my dream game. sadly it wont release otherwise if they announced release date. it would become one of my most hype game.

now star citizen. the MMO one on other hand. is something i dont care about...

Avatar image for r-gamer
R-Gamer

1402

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#29 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1402 Posts

I remember PC gamers talking about this around the time the PS4 launched.