Claim Your HYPE - The SW Hype Thread Sticky

Avatar image for zassimick
#1 Edited by zassimick (10421 posts) -

Hype Thread Spotlight

  • last updated: May 2, 2017 @ 10:42 PM

- - - - -

THE HYPE THREAD STICKY

What?

The good thing is, after a period of inactivity, the System Wars Community is now enough active again that there are regular hype threads for all major game releases- and in many cases, there is more than one poster who wants to make a Hype Thread for the same game. It can get unfair when two posters end up putting in effort, independently, for a hype thread, and then one of them has to get locked. This thread will prevent that.

How?

It's simple, if you want to make a hype thread, you put your name here in the thread. Just say what game you want to make the Hype Thread for, and assuming you were first in line, you get to make it.

When?

When you state what game you want to make a Hype Thread for, you also put a rough date that the hype thread will be up by (unless the game in question does not yet have a release date, in which case don't worry about that). If, by that date, the hype thread is not up, you will be contacted, and given a chance to post it. If those efforts prove unsuccessful, or if you do not/cannot post a hype thread for a game by that point, the second in line for that game gets to make the hype thread, if any- if not, then it's open season again.

The Specifics:

Basically, there isn't a whole lot to keep in mind here- you just reserve a hype thread, and then it is yours to make, unless you don't, or can't, in which case the next in line gets it. That said, here are some things to keep in mind:

  • You can only reserve two hype threads at a time. This is to stop some posters from monopolizing all hype threads.
  • You cannot transfer your right to make a hype thread- if you reserve a thread, but then decide you don't want to make it, but you'd rather have your friend make it, well, they can't. Fair is fair, the thread goes to the next person in line.
  • Assuming the game in question has a release date, you must provide a date by which the Hype Thread will be up. This is not binding in any way, and if you don't meet it, you will still be given a grace period to get the thread up- but it's done to ensure that you don't just squat on a hype thread, and then forget about it.
  • Potentially, there is no limit to how many hype threads a person can make in a year, as long as it does not conflict with any of the other rules listed above.
  • You will be notified when your hype thread is drawing near. You are expected to post whether or not you plan to create the hype thread. If you do not respond within a week of the game's release, the thread may move onto the next person.

What is a good hype thread?

Our good pal freedomfreak said it best, really. There are just two things you should look into when making a hype thread:

  1. Actually have some information about the game the thread is for- a newcomer should be able to get a very good idea of what the game is just by reading your hype thread
  2. Try not to make your hype thread poll based. Polls are inherently easy to manipulate. There's nothing wrong with having a poll based thread, of course- but it's preferable if you don't.

Regarding Polls in your Hype Thread:

If you don't care to listen to the wise freedomfreak and insist on putting a poll in your hype thread, more power to you; but please, listen to System Wars Veteran SolidTy's advice when regarding polls in your own hype threads:

If you are going to include a poll (instead of personal HYPE levels/individual counts), don't include the HYPE thread pics/words material in that first post.

The second and third post should contain all the pictures/paragraphs about the game to avoid having to read the long HYPE on each page of the thread. It's a glitch with adding polls and it makes reading HYPE threads a lot easier not having to scroll though a longwinded OP on each corresponding page.

- - - - -

This post is courtesy of charizard1605

Avatar image for zassimick
#2 Edited by zassimick (10421 posts) -

Hype Thread Reservations

last updated: June 16, 2017 @ 9:54 AM CST

2017

  • Splatoon 2 (Switch) by @aigis | July 21 2017 | Hype Thread 07/18/17
  • Knack 2 (PS4) by @biack_goku | September 5 2017 | Hype Thread 08/29/17
  • Danganronpa V3 (PS4/Vita) by @aigis | September 26 2017 | Hype Thread 09/23/17
  • Super Mario Odyssey (Switch) by @charizard1605 | October 27 2017 | Hype Thread 10/20/17
  • Crackdown 3 (XB1/PC) by @davillain- | November 7 2017 | Hype Thread 10/30/17
  • Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (PS4/PC) by @shadowchronicle | November 10 2017 | Hype Thread 11/03/17

2018

  • Anthem (PS4/XB1/PC) by @davillain- | TBA 2018 | Hype Thread TBA
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) by @shadowchronicle | TBA 2018 | Hype Thread TBA
  • God of War (PS4) by @NoirLamia777 | TBA 2018 | Hype Thread TBA
  • Kingdom Hearts III (PS4/XB1) by @Zassimick | TBA 2018 | Hype Thread TBA
  • Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4/XB1/PC) by @Legend002 | TBA 2018 | Hype Thread TBA
  • Sea of Thieves (XB1/PC) by @kvally | TBA 2018 | Hype Thread TBA
  • Spider-Man (PS4) by @NoirLamia777 | TBA 2018 | Hype Thread TBA

Available Games for Hype Threads

  • Call of Duty: WW2 | TBA
  • Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy | TBA
  • Cyberpunk 2077 | TBA
  • Days Gone | TBA
  • Death Stranding | TBA
  • Destiny 2 | TBA
  • Detroit: Become Human | TBA
  • The Last of Us Part II | TBA
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite | TBA
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of War | TBA
  • Project Octopath Traveler | TBA
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 |TBA 2017
  • Shenmue 3 | TBA
  • South Park: The Fractured But Whole | 2017
  • Star Wars Battlefront II | TBA
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy | TBA

Past Hype Threads:

  • Injustice 2 (PS4/XB1) by nathanbats | May 16 2017 | Check It Out!
  • Persona 5 (PS3/PS4) by charizard1605 | April 4 2017 | Check It Out!
  • Drawn to Death (PS4) by Shewgenja | April 4 2017 | Check it Out!
  • Mass Effect Andromeda (PS4/XB1/PC) by mjorh | March 21 2017 | Check It Out!
  • Nintendo SWITCH by ArchoNils2 | March 3 2017 | Check It Out!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch/Wii U) by charizard1605 | March 3 2017 | Check It Out!
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn (PS4) by DaVillain- | February 28 2017 | Check It Out!
  • For Honor (PS4/XB1/PC) by commander | February 14 2017 | Check It Out!
  • Halo Wars 2 (XB1/PC) by cainetao11 | February 21 2017 | Check It Out!
  • Nioh (PS4/PC) by cainetao11 | February 7 2017 | Check It Out!
  • Resident Evil VII (PS4/XB1/PC) by DaVillain- | January 24 2017 | Check It Out!
  • Pokemon Sun/Moon (3DS) by illmatic87 | November 18 2016 | Check It Out!
  • Final Fantasy Versus XIII (PS4/XB1) by Zassimick | November 29 2016 | Check It Out!
  • Dishonored 2 (PS4/XB1/PC) by mjorh | November 11 2016 | Check It Out!
  • Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (PS4/XB1/PC) by black_goku | October 25 2016 | Check It Out!
  • Civilization VI (PC) by _Matt_ | October 21 2016 | Check It Out!
  • Bravely Second (3DS) by naughtyottsel | February 26 2016 |Check it out!
  • Dark Souls III (XB1/PS4/PC) by _Matt_ | March 24 2016 | Thread created?
  • Fire Emblem Fates (3DS) by Legend002 | February 19 2016 | Check it out!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U) by Zassimick | March 4 2016 | Check it out!
  • Quantum Break (XB1) by DaVillian- | April 5 2016 | Check it out!
  • Star Ocean 5: Integrity & Faithlessness (PS3/PS4) by DaVillian- | June 28 2016 | Check it out!
  • Street Fighter V (PS4/PC) by DaVillian- | February 2 2016 | Check it out!
  • Total War: Warhammer (PC) by Cloud_Imperium | April 28 2016 | Check it out!
  • Trackmania Turbo (PS4/XB1/PC) by tushar172787 | March 24, 2016 | Thread created?
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4) by Desmonic | April 29 2016 | Check it out!
  • Zero Time Dilemma (3DS/PSV) by aigis | June 28 2016 | Check it out!
  • Destiny: Rise of Iron (PS4/XB1) by finalstar2007 | September 20 2016 | Check It Out!
  • ReCore (XB1/PC) by Heil68 | September 13 2016 | Check It Out!
  • Forza Horizon 3 (XB1/PC) by Stevo_the_gamer | September 27, 2016 | Check It Out!
  • Gears of War 4 (XB1/PC) by davillain-| October 7 2016 | Check It Out!
  • Mafia III (PS4/XB1/PC) by speak_low | October 7 2016 | Check It Out!
Avatar image for zassimick
#3 Edited by zassimick (10421 posts) -

Hype Thread Spotlight

last updated: May 2 2017 @ 10:42 PM

Avatar image for Heil68
#5 Posted by Heil68 (58170 posts) -

Recore has a release date-September 13, 2016

It's also first Play Anywhere title..

Standard Edition: $39.99 / £29.99 / €39.99 Xbox Play Anywhere title (Xbox One and Windows 10 PC versions included with single digital purchase, at no additional cost)

Avatar image for zassimick
#6 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@Heil68: Awesome, thanks for that. I'm updating the roster chaz had worked on by looking back at the old thread. Slow work, but it'll hopefully be updated completely soon. ^_^

I put your thread for ReCore down to go on September 1, just to have a date on it. Woop woop!

Avatar image for Heil68
#7 Posted by Heil68 (58170 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

@Heil68: Awesome, thanks for that. I'm updating the roster chaz had worked on by looking back at the old thread. Slow work, but it'll hopefully be updated completely soon. ^_^

I put your thread for ReCore down to go on September 1, just to have a date on it. Woop woop!

I'll have it ready by then. excited for it and anxious to see how it plays. I know it's a shorter game, so its nice the reduced the price.

Avatar image for zassimick
#8 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@Heil68: Tag me after playing it for a while. I'd love to know your impressions on the game; the game looks cool, I'll just have to wait on the purchase.

Avatar image for aigis
#9 Posted by aigis (7354 posts) -

@Zassimick: I can do Persona 5 if @charizard1605 is busy

Avatar image for zassimick
#10 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -
@aigis said:

@Zassimick: I can do Persona 5 if @charizard1605 is busy

Why don't I put you on standby for Persona 5? I want to leave him up there just in case he decides to return for it which I could certainly see happening. I did already take him off of Final Fantasy XV, but Persona 5 is basically his child.

Let's say... if we don't hear from him by January 1, 2017, we'll pass the torch to you? Gives you a good month to work on the thread then, and I wouldn't be surprised if we heard from chaz by then.

Does that sound reasonable?

Avatar image for aigis
#11 Posted by aigis (7354 posts) -

@Zassimick: Sounds good, I hope he does comes back. I can image a whole p5 thread with just Chie

Avatar image for zassimick
#12 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

Looks like @khoofia_pika hasn't posted on Gamespot since March.

Would anyone like to get a Deus Ex hype thread up?

Avatar image for silversix_
#13 Edited by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

It will get a 9/10 and be one of the best titles of 2016. Already pre purchased it on pc for $37. I really do hope the game isn't short cuz when i'm done with this, there's nothing on the horizon.

Edit: wtf i thought this was the official DeusEx hypu thread!! I want to play this game already omg

Avatar image for davillain-
#14 Posted by DaVillain- (33006 posts) -

@Zassimick: So you're in charge of this place huh, well then, sign me up for Gears of War 4 please cause I think that's the kind of thread I can do justice and it is one of biggest MS games this year anyways. I'll have the hype thread up by the end of September (9/30/2016) and the game is release 10/7/2016. (Release Date subject to change)

Avatar image for Blabadon
#15 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

@Zassimick: I'll see what I can do

Avatar image for zassimick
#16 Edited by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@davillain- said:

@Zassimick: So you're in charge of this place huh, well then, sign me up for Gears of War 4 please cause I think that's the kind of thread I can do justice and it is one of biggest MS games this year anyways. I'll have the hype thread up by the end of September (9/30/2016) and the game is release 10/7/2016. (Release Date subject to change)

Yeah, with the amount of people still claiming hype threads I felt it's something we should continue pursuing. I'll put you down for Gears 4. You've had great hype threads in the past; you'll definitely do the release justice.

@Blabadon said:

@Zassimick: I'll see what I can do

You're a boss if you can.

I'll go ahead and claim Final Fantasy XV's hype thread now that chaz is gone. That should be a good discussion thread when the score hits. :P

Edit: Actually, @Desmonic, would you want the FFXV hype thread?

Avatar image for illmatic87
#17 Posted by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -

I will do Pokemon S&M

It will be fun! It will have mature jokes. We will make fun of the Vita if it disappoints. It will have Legendary/Competitive/Shiny Pokemon Giveaways. It will have SALES debates and graphics comparisons.

Avatar image for Heil68
#18 Posted by Heil68 (58170 posts) -

When should I make the recore thread?

Avatar image for zassimick
#19 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

When should I make the recore thread?

We should shoot for 1-2 weeks ahead of any release dates, generally, so I would say anytime starting September 1 to September 9 would be terrific.

Avatar image for Blabadon
#20 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -

I got lazy

Avatar image for zassimick
#21 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@Blabadon: it's all good. Thanks for considering it though! ^_^

Avatar image for nathanbats
#22 Edited by nathanbats (1057 posts) -

@Zassimick: I can do the Injustice 2 Hype Thread if its available.

Avatar image for zassimick
#23 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@nathanbats: I placed you down for it! Once I notice a release date I'll update the form and tag you to let you know when the hype thread should probably go up. ^_^

Avatar image for Heil68
#24 Posted by Heil68 (58170 posts) -

@Zassimick said:
@Heil68 said:

When should I make the recore thread?

We should shoot for 1-2 weeks ahead of any release dates, generally, so I would say anytime starting September 1 to September 9 would be terrific.

Thread

Avatar image for zassimick
#25 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -
@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605: @bunchanumbers: @darkspineslayer:

Important information I want to pass on as I realize some people might not know (if the TC isn't coming back, it would be nice if another moderator would add this information to the OP).

Note to future HYPE threads:

If you are going to include a poll (instead of personal HYPE levels/individual counts), don't include the HYPE thread pics/words material in that first post.

The second and third post should contain all the pictures/paragraphs about the game to avoid having to read the long HYPE on each page of the thread. It's a glitch with adding polls and it makes reading HYPE threads a lot easier not having to scroll though a longwinded OP on each corresponding page.

I learned this years back, and I have attempted to explain it in various HYPE threads I've come across, but only after the fact. Some people don't understand the poll problem (the latest 8/31/2016 RECORE HYPE thread just popped up with this error in tow) and I figured I would explain that for any would be future HYPE thread creators. :P

Hey Ty, saw your post in the other thread and decided to take it here. I actually requested and took over control of the Hype Thread Thread since charizard left System Wars.

I'll go ahead and make sure your post is in the OP for consideration and guidelines when creating threads. You're absolutely right that a poll with a large OP can make a thread incredibly cumbersome to navigate, and it is something that users should have in mind when putting together hype threads.

I just didn't realize the poll bit was a glitch; I figured it was a purposeful design decision. Who knew?

Avatar image for SolidTy
#26 Edited by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@Zassimick said:
@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605: @bunchanumbers: @darkspineslayer:

Important information I want to pass on as I realize some people might not know (if the TC isn't coming back, it would be nice if another moderator would add this information to the OP).

Note to future HYPE threads:

If you are going to include a poll (instead of personal HYPE levels/individual counts), don't include the HYPE thread pics/words material in that first post.

The second and third post should contain all the pictures/paragraphs about the game to avoid having to read the long HYPE OP on each page of the thread. It's a glitch with adding polls and it makes reading HYPE threads a lot easier not having to scroll though a longwinded OP on each corresponding page.

I learned this years back, and I have attempted to explain it in various HYPE threads I've come across, but only after the fact. Some people don't understand the poll problem (the latest 8/31/2016 RECORE HYPE thread just popped up with this error in tow) and I figured I would explain that for any would be future HYPE thread creators. :P

Hey Ty, saw your post in the other thread and decided to take it here. I actually requested and took over control of the Hype Thread Thread since charizard left System Wars.

I'll go ahead and make sure your post is in the OP for consideration and guidelines when creating threads. You're absolutely right that a poll with a large OP can make a thread incredibly cumbersome to navigate, and it is something that users should have in mind when putting together hype threads.

I just didn't realize the poll bit was a glitch; I figured it was a purposeful design decision. Who knew?

Sweet, yeah after Charizard left I was wondering how this would work and if anyone cared to take over... :)

To be clear, I assumed it was a glitch based on previous years of no problems before the redesign, but it could just as well be an annoying purposeful design decision (oversight if you ask me). I was lead to believe it was more glitch than purposeful in discussions I've had over the years.

I appreciate you taking the time to read it and respond. Hopefully that helps out future HYPE thread creators. :P

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
#27 Posted by Zero_epyon (12817 posts) -

I'd like to do the BF1 hype thread

Avatar image for zassimick
#28 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@Zero_epyon said:

I'd like to do the BF1 hype thread

Terrific! There's a lot of hype already surrounding the game so I'm thrilled you're willing to take it on. Thanks for that!

The release date is October 21, so I'll put you down for having the thread up around October 10. If you need more time, or want it up sooner, that's not an issue. Preferably no later than a week before release though.

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
#29 Posted by Zero_epyon (12817 posts) -

@Zassimick said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I'd like to do the BF1 hype thread

Terrific! There's a lot of hype already surrounding the game so I'm thrilled you're willing to take it on. Thanks for that!

The release date is October 21, so I'll put you down for having the thread up around October 10. If you need more time, or want it up sooner, that's not an issue. Preferably no later than a week before release though.

Cool! Thanks!

Avatar image for davillain-
#30 Posted by DaVillain- (33006 posts) -

@zassimick: I already made Gears of War 4 Hype Thread and it's lock & Loaded!

Avatar image for _Matt_
#31 Posted by _Matt_ (10469 posts) -

@zassimick: can i have the civ vi hype thread please?

Avatar image for SolidTy
#32 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@zassimick: The ReCore HYPE thread disappeared. That's a part of SW history... :(

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/recore-hype-thread-33358884/

Avatar image for mjorh
#33 Posted by mjorh (6742 posts) -

Seems that nobody's going for Dishonored 2, i'd like to take the pleasure.

Avatar image for zassimick
#34 Edited by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@davillain-: Great! I'm so looking forward to the game. I'll have to check the thread out.

@_Matt_: Done. I've got you up with a tentative date of October 14 for the thread since that's a week out.

@mjorh: Put you up on the list. Looking forward to seeing it! Date of November 4 for the thread if you wouldn't mind. ^_^

@SolidTy said:

@zassimick: The ReCore HYPE thread disappeared. That's a part of SW history... :(

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/recore-hype-thread-33358884/

It disappeared? I'm confused by what you mean. Did it disappear from System Wars, cause the link works fine. Or did you mean from the "Current Hype Thread Reservations" section in the second post? Cause if that's the case...

Once the hype thread is live and active, I move it to the first and third posts in the thread under the "Hype Thread Spotlight" section. The hope was to give it more visibility there, though maybe that's unintuitive. Now that the game has passed and the thread hasn't had a post in 21 days though, I moved it over to "Past Hype Threads" in the second post.

Would you mind clarifying for me what you mean, Ty? Hopefully I can remedy or fix the problem then.

Avatar image for SolidTy
#35 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@zassimick said:

@davillain-: Great! I'm so looking forward to the game. I'll have to check the thread out.

@_Matt_: Done. I've got you up with a tentative date of October 14 for the thread since that's a week out.

@mjorh: Put you up on the list. Looking forward to seeing it! Date of November 4 for the thread if you wouldn't mind. ^_^

@SolidTy said:

@zassimick: The ReCore HYPE thread disappeared. That's a part of SW history... :(

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/recore-hype-thread-33358884/

It disappeared? I'm confused by what you mean. Did it disappear from System Wars, cause the link works fine. Or did you mean from the "Current Hype Thread Reservations" section in the second post? Cause if that's the case...

Once the hype thread is live and active, I move it to the first and third posts in the thread under the "Hype Thread Spotlight" section. The hope was to give it more visibility there, though maybe that's unintuitive. Now that the game has passed and the thread hasn't had a post in 21 days though, I moved it over to "Past Hype Threads" in the second post.

Would you mind clarifying for me what you mean, Ty? Hopefully I can remedy or fix the problem then.

Yeah, I love the Spotlight bit, but what I was referring is when I click on that link to the ReCore HYPE thread, I get this:

404: Not Found

Welp, you seem to be lost but while you're here....

Feel free to explore the dungeon down below you, in order to find treasure!

Take me back to homepage or use our search to find exactly what you're looking for.

Use on your keyboard. Press enter to open chests and go up stairs

The other Spotlights/HYPE threads work find and links work, save for ReCore.

It's as if the thread was moved to some other spot of GS reserved perhaps for moderators, but perhaps with moderation power you can see what is invisible for the regular users.

I tried to use a Search Engine as well, but I still can't get to the ReCore HYPE thread.

Avatar image for zassimick
#36 Edited by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@SolidTy: Gotcha. I'll look into this and see what I can figure out.

I have been away from the board for about a week so I might have missed something happening with the thread. Thanks for cluing me into it!

Avatar image for SolidTy
#37 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@zassimick said:

@SolidTy: Gotcha. I'll look into this and see what I can figure out.

I have been away from the board for about a week so I might have missed something happening with the thread. Thanks for cluing me into it!

Yeah, good luck!

Hopefully Heil's HYPE thread can be salvaged. :P

Avatar image for mjorh
#38 Edited by mjorh (6742 posts) -

@zassimick: Thanks!

Avatar image for zassimick
#39 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@SolidTy: @Heil68: Thread ended up being deleted. Tried looking into why it was but didn't find anything, so I've reversed it now under the impression it was an accident. Heil, if you have questions you can PM me.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/recore-hype-thread-33358884/

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
#40 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30845 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@zassimick: can i have the civ vi hype thread please?

Nice @_Matt_ I was just coming to see if someone was going to do one yet :P

Put me down for AAA! lol

Avatar image for Legend002
#41 Posted by Legend002 (13403 posts) -

All the good games are already harvested...

Avatar image for zassimick
#43 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@Legend002 said:

All the good games are already harvested...

Whatchoo talking about? There's plenty more coming our way that don't have hype threads claimed!

Is there a specific one you're looking at? Someone might be willing to give theirs up, or a user might not be active anymore so it might be good to claim it if you're interested.

Like, if you'd like to take Final Fantasy XV off my hands, I'd be kosher with that. I've been super busy lately, but it's a high profile game and someone needs to make the thread for it; there's so much history to this one! So if it's one your passionate about, I'd pass it on to you. Otherwise I should probably get going with creating stuff for it. :P

Avatar image for SolidTy
#44 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@zassimick: Oh wowzers, at least the mystery has been solved. Yay! :P

Avatar image for davillain-
#45 Posted by DaVillain- (33006 posts) -

@zassimick said:
@Legend002 said:

All the good games are already harvested...

Whatchoo talking about? There's plenty more coming our way that don't have hype threads claimed!

Is there a specific one you're looking at? Someone might be willing to give theirs up, or a user might not be active anymore so it might be good to claim it if you're interested.

Like, if you'd like to take Final Fantasy XV off my hands, I'd be kosher with that. I've been super busy lately, but it's a high profile game and someone needs to make the thread for it; there's so much history to this one! So if it's one your passionate about, I'd pass it on to you. Otherwise I should probably get going with creating stuff for it. :P

Surprising enough, it amazes me that no one isn't interested doing The Last Guardian hype thread now that it's release date is December 2016, I don't see a single hardcore Cow errr Sony fanboy not wanting to make a TLG hype thread.

Avatar image for Legend002
#46 Posted by Legend002 (13403 posts) -

@davillain-: TLG doesn't feel or look like a AAA title... not even AA and that's coming from the biggest cow there is,

Avatar image for zassimick
#47 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@Legend002: @davillain-: I'll step up to do The Last Guardian if no one claims it. The thread won't be as detailed as someone super passionate about it, but I'll do what I can if I have to!

Some of these mythical games, like FFXV and TLG, need hype threads. The flop/ownage could be fun with these long-awaited titles.

Avatar image for mjorh
#48 Posted by mjorh (6742 posts) -

I'd like to do Titanfall 2

Avatar image for _Matt_
#49 Posted by _Matt_ (10469 posts) -

My Civ hype thread should hopefully be dropping either tonight or tomorrow.

Avatar image for _Matt_
#50 Posted by _Matt_ (10469 posts) -

@zassimick: Civ VI Hype thread up:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/civilization-vi-hype-thread-of-one-more-turn-33364284/