choosing a system based on sports games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anicks2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 anicks2
Member since 2004 • 339 Posts

the majority of the games I play are sports games and judges on what is coming and what is already out, the simple question is ps3 or 360. I do play other games it just happens that they are all multi plat so im good in the area. No fanboy biasness either just which ones better for sports

USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 USSJAndrew
Member since 2004 • 5042 Posts
well last gen I would easily have ps2, but this gen its 360 hands down. The controls fit better than xboxs so they can somewhat compete, and the frame rate is 2x better. Plus online is the main factor.
76ers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 76ers
Member since 2005 • 4747 Posts
If your going to stick with sports games and multiplats, then get a 360. The multiplats pretty much look the same graphics wise.
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts

Not really sure but the PS3 had the MLB The Show series and a good exclusive golf game series in Hot Shots Golf.

anicks2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anicks2

ya sports games is where its at for me the multiplat games are like gta4 GH3 and stuff like that. So it sounds like that unanimous answer is 360? anyone gonna argue for ps3?

Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

Not really sure but the PS3 had the MLB The Show series and a good exclusive golf game series in Hot Shots Golf.

diggyzoom

That is true.

If you're looking for a high-quality golf/baseball game, there's no real good answer on the 360.

But other than that, it's a cointoss. Frankly, I'd say start looking at exclusives from the first parties to really decide it.

USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 USSJAndrew

ya sports games is where its at for me the multiplat games are like gta4 GH3 and stuff like that. So it sounds like that unanimous answer is 360? anyone gonna argue for ps3?

anicks2

Only if they were true fanboys, then why would you trust them anyway? But if you reallyreallylike Baseball MLB 07IS the best, even though I think 2k7 looks(graphics) way better. But for everything else

anicks2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 anicks2
[QUOTE="diggyzoom"]

Vampyronight

That is true.

If you're looking for a high-quality golf/baseball game, there's no real good answer on the 360.

But other than that, it's a cointoss. Frankly, I'd say start looking at exclusives from the first parties to really decide it.

tiger woods???

76ers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 76ers
Member since 2005 • 4747 Posts

anicks2

In that case it stick with a 360 unless, like others have said, you want MLB The Show.

USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 USSJAndrew
[QUOTE="Vampyronight"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"]

anicks2

That is true.

tiger woods???

If you like golf, Id definatly go for tiger woods, though I think in the graphics comparison, the PS3 version looked slightly better in some aspects. The japanese seem to be going crazy over this new Hot shots golf, Though I dont think it looks that great.

anicks2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anicks2
[QUOTE="anicks2"]

76ers

In that case it stick with a 360 unless, like others have said, you want MLB The Show.

well imo one baseball game isn't enough for me switch systems

kai5o4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 kai5o4
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
I would choose the wii, but seeing it as not one of your choices I would choose the x360 it's almost made for stuff like tat. I enjoy madden on my wii though, it's so much fun. It's almost like an action game to me.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
This year all the 360 sports titles run at 60 fps versus 30 fps on the PS3 versions, and while the PS3 will likley catch up next year the 360 will always enjoy a one year familiarity headstart with devs.
anicks2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anicks2

I would choose the wii, but seeing it as not one of your choices I would choose the x360 it's almost made for stuff like tat. I enjoy madden on my wii though, it's so much fun. It's almost like an action game to me. kai5o4

already got one

Aqua-Vitae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Aqua-Vitae
Member since 2007 • 323 Posts

Well, the way I see it is that:

1) Both boast excellent graphical capabilities.

2) Both are going to receive roughly the same amount of sports games, with roughly the same titles on each system.

3) The Xbox 360 has a better online service, so assuming you play your sports games online, that would be a major factor in the 360's favour.

4) In my opinion, the Xbox 360's controller is more comfortable to use, and is better designed. (But different people have different opinions about this)

So, it seems to me that the Xbox 360 would be the way to go for a sports lover. But its up to you.

Shusty_lives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Shusty_lives
Member since 2007 • 584 Posts
Sony has their own exclusive basketball and baseball game. "The Show" is actually the best baseball game out beating 2k and EA. I still think the Dual-shock design is the best controller for sport games.
elite_ferns1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 elite_ferns1
Member since 2006 • 1232 Posts
sports and killer titles, 360. Free online, ps3.
gameplaya4lyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gameplaya4lyf
Member since 2005 • 584 Posts
I would go with the 360, the controller is just perfect for sports games
_DeatH-MetaL_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 _DeatH-MetaL_
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

the majority of the games I play are sports games and judges on what is coming and what is already out, the simple question is ps3 or 360. I do play other games it just happens that they are all multi plat so im good in the area. No fanboy biasness either just which ones better for sports

anicks2

well yes the PS3 and the 360 are pretty much tied here. but if you want it just for sport games go for the 360 (cant believe i just said that) as the multiplats look better (won't be the case soon though) and its cheaper

_DeatH-MetaL_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 _DeatH-MetaL_
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts
It looks like everyone is forgetting cost as a factor. If you don't kneed wifi to connect to your network, grab a 360 as its 100-150 cheaper.farrell2k
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
[QUOTE="Vampyronight"][QUOTE="diggyzoom"]

anicks2

That is true.

tiger woods???

Arguably, but I'd personally give Hot Shots the nod in pure gameplay. But if you're determined to play on real courses, you have no other choice.

The one other thing I'd argue in favor of the PS3 for is online- it's free there, while MS you will have to pay to play. So if you're really looking to play online, that's another consideration you'll have to make.

anicks2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anicks2

It looks like everyone is forgetting cost as a factor. If you don't kneed wifi to connect to your network, grab a 360 as its 100-150 cheaper.farrell2k

ya funny i need to connect the system by wifi so if i have to get a 100 dollar wifi adapter for my 360...