China drops console ban. MS wins?

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

China is about to lift their ban on the sale of video game consoles and video games.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/10/technology/china-video-games/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Who benefits the most? I say MS because of the strong lingering resentment of Japan and all things Japanese that exists in China. What do you think?

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

MS wins.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

China is about to lift their ban on the sale of video game consoles and video games.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/10/technology/china-video-games/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Who benefits the most? I say MS because of the strong lingering resentment of Japan and all things Japanese that exists in China. What do you think?

SUD123456

MS WINS for sure, good news

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XBOunity

they like the KINECT

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts
Yes, Chinese just loving Americans, especially after Snowden fiascos.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XBOunity

Yes, Chinese just loving Americans, especially after Snowden fiascos.Mr-Kutaragi

its actually big news, i think they like americans more than they do japanese for some reason.    China will be an interesting market.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr-Kutaragi"]Yes, Chinese just loving Americans, especially after Snowden fiascos.XBOunity

its actually big news, i think they like americans more than they do japanese for some reason.    China will be an interesting market.

I see you have a good concrete foundation to back up your prediction. :roll: 

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
PC wins. We all know e-sports are big there
TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Expect a lot piracy from them  :shock:

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

They pirated the hell out of that sh*t anyways.

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GOGOGOGURT

Expect a lot piracy from them  :shock:

TheFadeForever

Yep.  This.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr-Kutaragi"]Yes, Chinese just loving Americans, especially after Snowden fiascos.XBOunity

I think both are hate, since both are competitor of China and resentment. Xbox does not have lot of contents aim at asian consumer. "Although the new rules have not yet been made public, they are widely expected to allow the sale of gaming consoles once the Ministry of Culture approves them. That ministry spearheaded the ban on the sale of consoles more than a decade ago, citing concern about the content of video games." xbox dudebro games must be confirm? we do not know regulations of software. Or if appeal to chinese consumer taste... "China is expected to lift a 13-year ban on the sale of video game consoles, as long as they are manufactured within Shanghai's new free trade zone" this is already regulation. Does this mean only console that are manufacture in future? Do not see how anyone can say clear win, or even part for MS.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="Mr-Kutaragi"]Yes, Chinese just loving Americans, especially after Snowden fiascos.Jonwh18

just a hunch, hope they sell well, good for them

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Not only that I beat the console games will be expensive as well which will encourage piracy even more

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Oh boy, X1 will now be the most pirated console in the game lol.
Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Chinese make Xboxes, they don't play them :P
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

Oh boy, X1 will now be the most pirated console in the game lol.II_Seraphim_II
shame about that DRM U-turn :P

davdwh5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 davdwh5
Member since 2004 • 47 Posts

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="Mr-Kutaragi"]Yes, Chinese just loving Americans, especially after Snowden fiascos.Jonwh18

A little history, Japan invaded China during WWII.  Not going too deep into this, but generally, most older adults strongly hate Japenese.  I'm not too sure about the new generation of kids today, but i'm sure its knowledge that has been passed on to their kids.  In comparison, lots Chinese idiolize America.

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AD216
Member since 2008 • 1719 Posts

this is almost a guaranteed win for ms considering how china has felt about japan since world war 2.

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AD216

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

davdwh5

A little history, Japan invaded China during WWII.  Not going too deep into this, but generally, most older adults strongly hate Japenese.  I'm not too sure about the new generation of kids today, but i'm sure its knowledge that has been passed on to their kids.  In comparison, lots Chinese idiolize America.

i'll go into it but the mods will probably start complaining. it was genocide smh
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 XBOunity

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

davdwh5

they have all of our jobs, id love us too lol

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GOGOGOGURT

this is almost a guaranteed win for ms considering how china has felt about japan since world war 2.

AD216

Yeah I wonder If they boycott the PS4.  They hate japans guts.

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AD216

[QUOTE="davdwh5"]

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"] I see you have a good concrete foundation to back up your prediction. :roll: 

XBOunity

we basically got thrown into the war protecting them. we were going to put a blockade on japan because of the testing and terrorizing they were doing and they attacked pearl harbor. that's the shortest version i could give u
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AD216

[QUOTE="AD216"]

GOGOGOGURT

i would be surprised if they didnt honestly.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="Mr-Kutaragi"]Yes, Chinese just loving Americans, especially after Snowden fiascos.Mr-Kutaragi

I think both are hate, since both are competitor of China and resentment. Xbox does not have lot of contents aim at asian consumer. "Although the new rules have not yet been made public, they are widely expected to allow the sale of gaming consoles once the Ministry of Culture approves them. That ministry spearheaded the ban on the sale of consoles more than a decade ago, citing concern about the content of video games." xbox dudebro games must be confirm? we do not know regulations of software. Or if appeal to chinese consumer taste... "China is expected to lift a 13-year ban on the sale of video game consoles, as long as they are manufactured within Shanghai's new free trade zone" this is already regulation. Does this mean only console that are manufacture in future? Do not see how anyone can say clear win, or even part for MS.

well it is a huge market that can be up for grabs, they might like the KINECT, which I find is so strange that the console ban is lifted and all the NSA in regards to Kinect.     Maybe they wanna spy on us?    lol all in all im happy about this news, i think nothing wrong with consoles, PS4 and XBO are two very good ones the way things are shaping up.  

GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GOGOGOGURT

[QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

[QUOTE="AD216"]

AD216

Kaz would commit Hiri Kiri before chinese touch a PS4

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
What a dull correlation to make. I'm sure they would go for the more asian orientated console regardless .
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="davdwh5"]

AD216

we basically got thrown into the war protecting them. we were going to put a blockade on japan because of the testing and terrorizing they were doing and they attacked pearl harbor. that's the shortest version i could give u

very interesting,  yes i do think at least XBO has a chance now, in Japan its kinda obvious that an american console has no chance.  

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AD216

[QUOTE="AD216"][QUOTE="GOGOGOGURT"]

GOGOGOGURT

Kaz would commit Hiri Kiri before chinese touch a PS4

:lol:
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AD216
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]What a dull correlation to make. I'm sure they would go for the more asian orientated console regardless .

that would be like jewish people supporting germany
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

AD216

Also on the bright side if sales pick up in China there is more corporate tax raised to pay of the debt to them.

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AD216

[QUOTE="AD216"]

muffin200

Also on the bright side if sales pick up in China there is more corporate tax raised to pay of the debt to them.

lmao i guess that is a bright side. it would take forever but i guess u have to start some where
remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#33 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

davdwh5

Off topic, but almost every old culture passes down hatred of a certain race of people or whatnot, for something that was done in the past, sadly.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

chinesse identify more with japanesse style of games so i think its better for ps4, as for microsoft or sony i dont think they like either xD

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561
Member since 2010 • 4019 Posts

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

its actually big news, i think they like americans more than they do japanese for some reason. China will be an interesting market.

davdwh5

A little history, Japan invaded China during WWII. Not going too deep into this, but generally, most older adults strongly hate Japenese. I'm not too sure about the new generation of kids today, but i'm sure its knowledge that has been passed on to their kids. In comparison, lots Chinese idiolize America.

Why would they? We got invaded by Germany in WWII and nobody gives a rat's ass

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AD216

[QUOTE="davdwh5"]

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"] I see you have a good concrete foundation to back up your prediction. :roll:

Davekeeh

A little history, Japan invaded China during WWII. Not going too deep into this, but generally, most older adults strongly hate Japenese. I'm not too sure about the new generation of kids today, but i'm sure its knowledge that has been passed on to their kids. In comparison, lots Chinese idiolize America.

they were doing nuclear test in china. its a lot of resentment.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

[QUOTE="davdwh5"]

AD216

Germany bombed our city's to the ground

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AD216

[QUOTE="AD216"][QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

Davekeeh

they did to china what germany did to the jews without concentration camps. i can almost guarantee u there is almost nothing from japan selling in china
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

In all honesty, I don't think the next gen consoles will launch there for another two years and it will be a limited market.  The PS3, on the other hand, being BluRay will be BIG there.  XBox 360 games are far too easily pirated for MS to want to try for big growth in that market.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5d7fb49ded561

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

[QUOTE="AD216"] they were doing nuclear test in china. its a lot of resentment. AD216

they did to china what germany did to the jews without concentration camps. i can almost guarantee u there is almost nothing from japan selling in china

It's all in the past, the new generation doesn't give a shit
But I can still see how the older generation hates Japan and they have the right to

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#41 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

In all honesty, I don't think the next gen consoles will launch there for another two years and it will be a limited market.  The PS3, on the other hand, being BluRay will be BIG there.  XBox 360 games are far too easily pirated for MS to want to try for big growth in that market.

Shewgenja

This... They don't have much money to spend on things. People are put up as gold farmers and factory workers making peanuts. Hell they have fences around the top of the buildings because if they didn't people would kill themselves.

Regardless China will do what it always does (at least hong kong style) and make loads of knock-off PrayStation4 and Xblox One.... I call it now (well maybe not those names but something that is close but not exactly that. How many fake wii's where there made from them after the wii hit big...a lot!)

AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AD216

Davekeeh

But I can still see how the older generation hates Japan and they have the right to

china is a traditional country. that hatred is passed down from generation to generation. they know the history of those 2 countries and there is absolutely no way a japanese product will succeed there.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

To be completely fair most of the people that experienced the tyranny of WW2 are now dead, I'd be surprised the younger generation would pass up such a business opporutnity by boycotting the ps4, the chinese tend to be shrewd businessmen.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#44 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

[QUOTE="AD216"] they did to china what germany did to the jews without concentration camps. i can almost guarantee u there is almost nothing from japan selling in chinaAD216

china is a traditional country. that hatred is passed down from generation to generation. they know the history of those 2 countries and there is absolutely no way a japanese product will succeed there.

I don;t know about that... its been a long time now. People need to get over stuff. The japanese living now didn't do that to them it was their grandparents. Racism is bs and it needs to stop no matter who it is. People need to move on! My cousin is half-chinese, and she married a Japanese guy, her dad (full chinese) doesn't have any problem with him, there was no bad blood over race. I think you are making more into this than it needs to be. Products shouldn't not be bought over race. Also they will just make their own knock off versions anyway and sell them for super cheap as the Chinese are piss poor in that country.
AD216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 AD216
But I can still see how the older generation hates Japan and they have the right toMidnightshade29

I don;t know about that... its been a long time now. People need to get over stuff. The japanese living now didn't do that to them it was their grandparents. Racism is bs and it needs to stop no matter who it is. People need to move on! My cousin is half-chinese, and she married a Japanese guy, her dad (full chinese) doesn't have any problem with him, there was no bad blood over race. I think you are making more into this than it needs to be. Products shouldn't not be bought over race. Also they will just make their own knock off versions anyway and sell them for super cheap as the Chinese are piss poor in that country.

it's not me man it's how life is. time doesnt heal all wounds. america is still trying to build a relationship with japan after the hiroshima incident. it's not always easy to forgive. especially in a country like china where tradition and history means so much to them
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
Great, freedom one step at a time.
ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#47 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

Please before we make all these claims generalizing over a billion people and their opinions, back it up with some primary sources. History isn't that straightforward and misconceptions fly about all the time. 

THINGS TO CONSIDER: What type of people in China enjoy video games? How old are they and what period of modern Chinese history have they lived through? Does this upbringing affect how they view Japanese and Americans, and if so why? Does the ban on video games affect how they view the medium and what type of people would this attract? Do political sentimend even matter? Will gaming tastes and console price be the real judge?

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

You think so? I can't imagine why. It's almost as if the Japanese invaded their country and slaughtered thousands of Chinese women and children or something.
SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

There are quite a few posters who apparently do not have a good grasp of anti-japanese sentiment in China. This is a very real thing and it is not just a handful of old people. Last year there was widespread rioting and torching of Japanese businesses in China in many major cities just because of the ongoing dispute over a tiny island that is claimed by both countries.

For those who don't have any real understanding of this situation, I leave you this little tidbit.

http://japandailypress.com/chinese-courts-convict-12-people-for-anti-japanese-attacks-in-2012-0831858

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

[QUOTE="Shewgenja"]

Midnightshade29

Hell they have fences around the top of the buildings because if they didn't people would kill themselves.

Wow,  you serious? That sucks....

Â