Check this out about Sony Fanboys!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 YourExpert
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
   I guarentee you that a very very small percentage of Playstation fans turned that way  because of the PS3.  Almost all were loyal to the playstation brand because of psx1 and 2.  3 of course is living in the shadows of the previous ones. 

I see alot of new Microsoft fans because of the 360 (I turned one) and I know plenty of others who neveer owned an xbox but love the 360.

Wii has also turned me into a NIntendo fan again after a hiatus (hated the n64 and barely liked the gamecube but loved the nes and snes).   Seeing the shocking sales numbers of Wii's sold so far, it does look like Nintendo has picked up a lot of fans and even non-gamers.  (my girlfriend is one of them)

The ps3 offers little more then a blu-ray player.  It's a wanna-be pc, with a linux os and gives you about as much options as your standard ipod.  Sure you can watch blu-ray movies but very few of us really care.  I don't agree that the space of a blu-ray disk is needed in the gaming buisness at this time. 
spidey008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 spidey008
Member since 2002 • 2309 Posts
That pretty much sums it up.
Cicatraz_ESP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cicatraz_ESP
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts
I guarentee you that a very very small percentage of Playstation fans turned that way because of the PS3. Almost all were loyal to the playstation brand because of psx1 and 2. 3 of course is living in the shadows of the previous ones.

I see alot of new Microsoft fans because of the 360 (I turned one) and I know plenty of others who neveer owned an xbox but love the 360.

Wii has also turned me into a NIntendo fan again after a hiatus (hated the n64 and barely liked the gamecube but loved the nes and snes). Seeing the shocking sales numbers of Wii's sold so far, it does look like Nintendo has picked up a lot of fans and even non-gamers. (my girlfriend is one of them)

The ps3 offers little more then a blu-ray player. It's a wanna-be pc, with a linux os and gives you about as much options as your standard ipod. Sure you can watch blu-ray movies but very few of us really care. I don't agree that the space of a blu-ray disk is needed in the gaming buisness at this time.
YourExpert
Lol ahh man do you have any problems playing your damn consoles? I can't get my girlfriend off of frickin' Viva Pinata....
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts
I follow the games which are on the PS3, not the system itself. Hence, I am looking forward to buying one greatly.
keen_desire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 keen_desire
Member since 2006 • 317 Posts
I had a ps1 and I own a 360 now but I dont think I will buy a ps3 not even for mgs4.
darrowby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 darrowby88
Member since 2005 • 861 Posts
  The ps3 offers little more then a blu-ray player.  It's a wanna-be pc, with a linux os and gives you about as much options as your standard ipod.  Sure you can watch blu-ray movies but very few of us really care.  I don't agree that the space of a blu-ray disk is needed in the gaming buisness at this time.  YourExpert
and Blue dragon looks to be the best 360 game yet and its 3 DVD'S (thats THREE) i wouldnt be able to tolerate switching dvds all the time. sony was smart to make the blu-ray. it cost them in the short term, but once good third and second parties (insomniac, sucker punch, naughty dog) get going. i'll be very glad the ps3 has bluray...roughly 6 times the capacity...for those who dont know that means more textures, higher graphics, deeper game engines, and DEEPER GAMES
YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 YourExpert
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
[QUOTE="YourExpert"] The ps3 offers little more then a blu-ray player. It's a wanna-be pc, with a linux os and gives you about as much options as your standard ipod. Sure you can watch blu-ray movies but very few of us really care. I don't agree that the space of a blu-ray disk is needed in the gaming buisness at this time. darrowby88
and Blue dragon looks to be the best 360 game yet and its 3 DVD'S (thats THREE) i wouldnt be able to tolerate switching dvds all the time. sony was smart to make the blu-ray. it cost them in the short term, but once good third and second parties (insomniac, sucker punch, naughty dog) get going. i'll be very glad the ps3 has bluray...roughly 6 times the capacity...for those who dont know that means more textures, higher graphics, deeper game engines, and DEEPER GAMES

IF each disk is 15-20 hours long or even 8 hours long, how often do you change the disk?  I thought so.
darrowby88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 darrowby88
Member since 2005 • 861 Posts
[QUOTE="darrowby88"][QUOTE="YourExpert"] The ps3 offers little more then a blu-ray player. It's a wanna-be pc, with a linux os and gives you about as much options as your standard ipod. Sure you can watch blu-ray movies but very few of us really care. I don't agree that the space of a blu-ray disk is needed in the gaming buisness at this time. YourExpert

IF each disk is 15-20 hours long or even 8 hours long, how often do you change the disk?  I thought so.

even with 20 hours on a disk, thats 60 hrs of game time minus repitition. a Blu-ray game developed by a good sony developer will be deeper and better than anything on the 360. i mean look what santa monica did on the ps2 with god of war 1 and 2, imagine their potential on the ps3
Avatar image for Bleach_is_basic
Bleach_is_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bleach_is_basic
Member since 2002 • 3020 Posts
[QUOTE="YourExpert"] The ps3 offers little more then a blu-ray player. It's a wanna-be pc, with a linux os and gives you about as much options as your standard ipod. Sure you can watch blu-ray movies but very few of us really care. I don't agree that the space of a blu-ray disk is needed in the gaming buisness at this time. darrowby88

Blue Dragon looks to be the BEST game yet? So it's going to score higher 9.6? Deeper than Oblivion? There's been no correlation between higher capacity and any of those attributes that you listed. Pretty much the only thing so far is more HD cut scenes.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

Well I did support sony and now i own a 360. It started out like this, I liked PS2 the most, infact I couldn't be arsed trying the other two, because as far as I was concerned, the Xbox and Gamecube just sucked. They did, because of issues with games, and all the fanboys did was complain about ps2 hardware. Though cows didn't do themselves much justice, they had reason to be like that - they were winning, owning a ps2 meant freedom of choice because of how many games, and quality games were available. The Xbox has a few quality games here and there, but not enough, and not enough games overall. The Gamecube just didn't have 3rd party support, and Im not going to buy one for Zelda or Metroid or something.

The PS2 is so strong it is still getting support, years after the other two consoles have dropped out, and people are hastily whining about how the ps3 isn't doing its fans any favours, and its flopped. Sony has always been long term, unfortunately thats not going to work this gen. Give the ps3 time and it will achieve at least 2nd place, I can guarentee you that, It hasn't even launched in all 3 of the major regions yet. Im still not going to buy one, its just not wise atm, but you can't deny that the 360 is rejected in Japan, and the Wii seems a little bit of a toy, with only minigames and lackluster ports of decent games.

So the ps3 was a bad move imo, thats why I got a 360, but the first Xbox just sucks arse. The 360 is pretty much the best choice atm. It wont win this generation though.

Avatar image for volumetricCloud
volumetricCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 volumetricCloud
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts
anyone else find this thread confusing?