Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69451 Posts

PC gaming no longer will hold the exclusive rights to cheating. The technology is now hardware agnostic with machine learning. Yay! 😂

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

Why do people do this? Are they that insecure about losing a game? And wouldn't this take away from the actual fun of the game?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

The old cheaters never win line is a big fat lie. lol :P

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#4 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7201 Posts

Excellent!

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

People cheating on consoles isn't new. People have been using device-based cheats and whatnot for years.

Loading Video...

If it can be played, people will find a way to cheat.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

I have no problem with anyone who cheats in single player games or the single player part of a game so hey, its your game, you paid full price for it and can play it how/when you want to.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Here is an idea go back to the days where when you went into a FPS multiplayer game you didn't have unlock classes,guns etc. As soon as you get in everything is available. That would curb some the cheaters that want to "level up" and unlock everything asap.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@04dcarraher said:

Here is an idea go back to the days where when you went into a FPS multiplayer game you didn't have unlock classes,guns etc. As soon as you get in everything is available. That would curb some the cheaters that want to "level up" and unlock everything asap.

Right?

Tired of unlocks.

Of course then all the kids would be like "but then why would we play?"

For fun....for fun.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

I don't know why people have so much trouble with cheaters.

Just find a smaller community to play games with that will regulate itself with shaming.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

I thought it was cheat engine or something for SP games. This is a whole lot worse *IF* it blows up, cos COD and these type of games are much, much more popular on consoles.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@04dcarraher said:

@mrbojangles25 said:

Right?

Tired of unlocks.

For fun....for fun.

That does solve a part of the problem but you still have to deal with griefers, dishonest players, those who cheat to win etc. You'd only be getting rid of a small subset of cheaters. I guess it's better than nothing but without unlocks, those publishers wouldn't be able to sell you "time-savers" and all those bullshit cheats that used to be free.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Came here hoping it was a new Game Genie or Game Shark. Left disappointed.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrbojangles25

@Telekill said:

Came here hoping it was a new Game Genie or Game Shark. Left disappointed.

Damn, that's a throwback haha

"Hey remember when cheats were legal, marketed, and sold for profit?" lol

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrbojangles25
@Juub1990 said:
@04dcarraher said:

@mrbojangles25 said:

Right?

Tired of unlocks.

For fun....for fun.

That does solve a part of the problem but you still have to deal with griefers, dishonest players, those who cheat to win etc. You'd only be getting rid of a small subset of cheaters. I guess it's better than nothing but without unlocks, those publishers wouldn't be able to sell you "time-savers" and all those bullshit cheats that used to be free.

That's fair, I do remember cheating occurring in Counter-strike with norecoil scripts and aimbot.

Still, it was easier to get away with back then and I don't remember it being as prevalent with games where there were no unlocks, where score didn't count towards anything other than intangible bragging rights.

What's the market like for farmers? Do these cheaters simply make these accounts, unlock everything, and then sell them for real-world dollars? Or are these just lazy people that want to unlock everything right away?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Cheating on all platforms has been rampant for years. The reason a lot of people never notice it these days is because of skill based matchmaking. An average or below player will almost always be playing against average and below average players, but a good player will have to deal with cheaters on a much more common basis since the cheaters win a lot they are placed in higher tiers as well. Those claiming or bragging they never see or play against cheaters are literally just admitting they suck.. lol.

Halfway joking aside I wish I could play my hardest while still having fun and stay at lower levels where actual gameplay takes place and it isn't just a bunch of sweats and cheaters using any advantage they can get. For the record, I am 100% against cheating of any kind and won't even play with people that cheat. A scuf controller (or other brand with paddles) is as far as I consider still fair since it's approved by MLG and is standard on some controllers and supported by both SONY and MS in some capacity. Although they don't have scuf controllers for the PS5 yet... so yeah.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@regnaston said:

Why do people do this? Are they that insecure about losing a game? And wouldn't this take away from the actual fun of the game?

Dont worry the good thing about PS and xbox is that you can get your machine banned as a whole, so getting your shinny new and hard to find xbox series x or PS5 baned is not something that sounds that tempting...

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@tormentos said:
@regnaston said:

Dont worry the good thing about PS and xbox is that you can get your machine banned as a whole, so getting your shinny new and hard to find xbox series x or PS5 baned is not something that sounds that tempting...

there will always be people with no common sense that do it and then whine later when their consoles are good for only single player disc based games 😁

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3055 Posts

This is one of the many reasons I wish split screen and lan was more of a thing. It wouldn't help with your daily gaming or for someone with no friends, but it would be an option.

Imagine a good lan multiplayer where you could set up your own seasons and tournaments. Have it track your stats over months of play, and give out awards for most kills, most scores, best overall, etc. That's the world I want to live in.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
Loading Video...

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5248 Posts

I expect a link to an article on this. Where is the source?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

The vid shows aimbot cheats while having cod on screen. What is the point of downloading anything when the aim assist in that game is beyond broken?

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

People have cheated on consoles for years. I encountered cheaters on PS4 Metal Gear Online 2 pretty early on.

After looking closer at that, I may want to stop playing online shooters all together. People who buy this kind of shit are so pathetic. What does cheating in an online game prove? It's not like they are actually better than the people they auto-aim kill.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Just in time for Battlefield 2042, imagine that will be a field of dreams for this type of cheat.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

This is one reason I prefer PvE.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Finally catching up to those features people always complain about being exclusive to PC. At least Nathan's gaming phone is safe ...for now

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Too bad its for multiplayer, what kind of loser would go that low for a win... oh its pc users, damn pc beggar culture sapping to console environment.

Though I wouldn't mind an offline cheat or trainer. I still not touch most of the cheap Ass Creed game I bought cause I really couldnt be bothered to grind those exp thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#28 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Funny how you still have to pay for online on consoles and now you can't even escape hackers anymore.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1038 Posts

Hopefully anti cheating tools will become more prevalent and entire systems will be banned. Would love to see cheaters consoles become bricks!

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

How is cheating fun to anybody in an online game?

Ottyandthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ottyandthedj
Member since 2020 • 113 Posts

It just seems like the news of cheating on video games would be released like this hehehe. Too funny. I don't see it really hurting or helping anything though TBH. I mean it was good without it.

jeffbuckley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jeffbuckley1
Member since 2004 • 270 Posts

Serves sony right for the way they left the ps3

Everygame on thier psn is full of hackers.