Champions Online 360 Monthly Fees

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Faulttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Faulttt
Member since 2005 • 549 Posts

Champions Online is coming to Xbox 360 This september :)

I was just curious if you have to pay monthly fees on the 360 version?

whatisazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 whatisazerg
Member since 2009 • 2371 Posts

MMO = monthly charges

I didn't realize that people didn't know this yet.

wayne_kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wayne_kar
Member since 2009 • 2090 Posts

i should imagine it will work like FFXI which installs its own client.

-Pred-Alien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Pred-Alien-
Member since 2009 • 1733 Posts
Yes, but you wont need Gold. But people will still complain that you already have it. In that case you should factor in that you are playing in a house that you paid for, even though you dont need it...
Jono789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Jono789
Member since 2009 • 2118 Posts

And... your suprised?

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

Faulttt

Yes, but Live Gold will not be required to play.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
Xbox Live Fee + Monthly Fee for Champions Online = More expensive than WoW.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

so u gotta pay for the online service AND the monthly fees...meh

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 princeofshapeir

Chris_Williams
That's one of the reason MMOs would never work on the 360. If you're already paying five dollars a month for XBL, you'd have to pay another $15 or so for the game monthly, not to mention the $60 for the game itself.
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

princeofshapeir

That's one of the reason MMOs would never work on the 360. If you're already paying five dollars a month for XBL, you'd have to pay another $15 or so for the game monthly, not to mention the $60 for the game itself.

That's one reason why doing research on a subject would be important so you know what you are talking about. You do not have to pay XBL fees to play MMOs, I know since I play FFXI on it.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

spinecaton

That's one reason why doing research on a subject would be important so you know what you are talking about. You do not have to pay XBL fees to play MMOs, I know since I play FFXI on it.

what about people who are already paying for xbox live?

-Pred-Alien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Pred-Alien-

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] That's one of the reason MMOs would never work on the 360. If you're already paying five dollars a month for XBL, you'd have to pay another $15 or so for the game monthly, not to mention the $60 for the game itself. sikanderahmed

So what? Why should it be factored. Should i start factoring in the TV that you bought to play your game or the chair youre sitting on?
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 princeofshapeir

spinecaton

Thanks for enlightening me on that. Even so, why would you play a PC-made MMO on the 360?
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 spinecaton

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] That's one of the reason MMOs would never work on the 360. If you're already paying five dollars a month for XBL, you'd have to pay another $15 or so for the game monthly, not to mention the $60 for the game itself. sikanderahmed

What about them? MMOs don't use any of the xbox live features and is not done through any type of XBL client, so there would be no discount in there case. Plenty of people already pay for MMOs on PC and then also pay for xbox live.

Think about it, MMOs information is stored server side meaning no matter where you log in at you character and information will be there. So you can play on either PC or Xbox 360 at any time, how would that be fair for PC users if just because you have a XBL account you get it cheaper even if you only play on PC.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 spinecaton

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] That's one of the reason MMOs would never work on the 360. If you're already paying five dollars a month for XBL, you'd have to pay another $15 or so for the game monthly, not to mention the $60 for the game itself. princeofshapeir

Thanks for enlightening me on that. Even so, why would you play a PC-made MMO on the 360?

Champions actually is made very well for use with a controller, I use my xbox 360 controller already on my PC to play it and it feels great.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64041 Posts
I can't wait, im getting it for PC though, I couldn't imagine how clunky an MMO feels on a gamepad......Champions Online is going to be awesome :)
NPiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NPiracy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

September is the Date for the PC version

there is no offical date for the 360 version.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_Online

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 spinecaton

I can't wait, im getting it for PC though, I couldn't imagine how clunky an MMO feels on a gamepad......Champions Online is going to be awesome :)jg4xchamp

It actually feels great on a gamepad! I used keyboard at first but it felt I just couldn't get in to it with the keyboard so I switched to gamepad and voila!

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 princeofshapeir

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I can't wait, im getting it for PC though, I couldn't imagine how clunky an MMO feels on a gamepad......Champions Online is going to be awesome :)spinecaton

It actually feels great on a gamepad! I used keyboard at first but it felt I just couldn't get in to it with the keyboard so I switched to gamepad and voila!

The problem with me is that I play WoW, and even the notion of playing another online RPG is completely out of the question and ludicrous.
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 spinecaton

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I can't wait, im getting it for PC though, I couldn't imagine how clunky an MMO feels on a gamepad......Champions Online is going to be awesome :)princeofshapeir

The problem with me is that I play WoW, and even the notion of playing another online RPG is completely out of the question and ludicrous.

That I would agree with, playing any of those interface heavy MMOs such as WoW would be horrible on a gamepad.

-Pred-Alien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Pred-Alien-
[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]I can't wait, im getting it for PC though, I couldn't imagine how clunky an MMO feels on a gamepad......Champions Online is going to be awesome :)princeofshapeir

Actually, when playing WoW, the notion of even playing ANOTHER game is out of question:P It just takes way too much of your time
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

What about people playing two subscription MMOs? Same difference.
MizFitAwesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MizFitAwesome
Member since 2009 • 2745 Posts

If it comes out cool. At least it's a better alternative then DeCeased Universe. Why is that game going to fail? Simple, do you think they will allow a player generated character be more powerful then say Superman or Batman? Better yet, just create Bananaman and make him a Green Lantern villian.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

Xbox Live Fee + Monthly Fee for Champions Online = More expensive than WoW.princeofshapeir

you dont need to have xbl gold

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts

Faulttt
i had that FF MMO on my x360 for like a week before i realized it sucked and that had fees in addition to xbox live fees
nosedive7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nosedive7
Member since 2005 • 444 Posts

To all the people that say WoW would never work on consoles I would like you to try Sacred 2 on consoles and come back. Sure you might not have 100% of the control you can have on PC, but then again the game could easily be redesigned and streamlined a bit to make it work, and could even turn out to be better. I played WoW alot for 3 years so I know what it would take, and I say its very possible, there is just no reason for Blizzard to make a port because they are raking in the cash hand over fist as it is.

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

To all the people that say WoW would never work on consoles I would like you to try Sacred 2 on consoles and come back. Sure you might not have 100% of the control you can have on PC, but then again the game could easily be redesigned and streamlined a bit to make it work, and could even turn out to be better. I played WoW alot for 3 years so I know what it would take, and I say its very possible, there is just no reason for Blizzard to make a port because they are raking in the cash hand over fist as it is.

nosedive7

lol...Sacred 2 and WOW arent even similar games....not to mention WOW has a far more complex control scheme and interface.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

nosedive7
Your not serieously comparing Sacred 2 to WoW?.... raiding and BGs would be completely broken.
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

The majority of MMOs will have fees, PC and on consoles, but it would be nice if the Xbox LIVE Gold subscription has sort of incentive, oh well. Can't wait for Champions Online, and The Agency for the PS3, I'm hoping there's still a chance there won't be fees for these games.

sexy_robot_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sexy_robot_man
Member since 2009 • 1002 Posts

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] That's one of the reason MMOs would never work on the 360. If you're already paying five dollars a month for XBL, you'd have to pay another $15 or so for the game monthly, not to mention the $60 for the game itself. princeofshapeir

Why would you? If you do not plan on playing or paying for this game why bother replying?

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#31 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
[QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

That's one of the reason MMOs would never work on the 360. If you're already paying five dollars a month for XBL, you'd have to pay another $15 or so for the game monthly, not to mention the $60 for the game itself. princeofshapeir

Not a problem. Me and others play MMOs and have no issue paying $50 a year for live. I don't see the issue here. :P
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"][QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

Not a problem. Me and others play MMOs and have no issue paying $50 a year for live. I don't see the issue here. :P

Yeah I think some people think that the Xbox LIVE Gold subscription fee pays for everything. Shoot, I wish it pays for the car insurance, rent, school classes and books, cell phone bill, cable, utilities, health insurance and so on too lol.
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

spinecaton

Has this been confirmed? I know how FFXI works, but hadn't heard that the same would hold true for CO. We do know that SE would like to bring FFXIV to the 360, but haven't been able to agree to terms with MS. The most popular rumor as to what MS is demanding is that they want Gold membership required for the new MMO. I figured if you have a link saying that's not the case with CO, we can put that one to bed, perhaps.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts

spinecaton

Ignore him, he is a Blizzbot and slanders every MMO that isn't WoW. Many people here do. :(
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Nerkcon
The problem with me is that I play WoW, and even the notion of playing another online RPG is completely out of the question and ludicrous.princeofshapeir
Why not? It's not that expensive. And seeing you posting on the forums as well as playing WOW AND normal game,s you obviously have the time for it. :|
-Pred-Alien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -Pred-Alien-

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] That's one of the reason MMOs would never work on the 360. If you're already paying five dollars a month for XBL, you'd have to pay another $15 or so for the game monthly, not to mention the $60 for the game itself. santoron

Has this been confirmed? I know how FFXI works, but hadn't heard that the same would hold true for CO. We do know that SE would like to bring FFXIV to the 360, but haven't been able to agree to terms with MS. The most popular rumor as to what MS is demanding is that they want Gold membership required for the new MMO. I figured if you have a link saying that's not the case with CO, we can put that one to bed, perhaps.

Here did you get that info from?:?

-Pred-Alien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Pred-Alien-
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"]The problem with me is that I play WoW, and even the notion of playing another online RPG is completely out of the question and ludicrous.Nerkcon
Why not? It's not that expensive. And seeing you posting on the forums as well as playing WOW AND normal game,s you obviously have the time for it. :|

Maybe because playing WoW, normal games AND posting on forums is taking up most of his leisure time. Or even better, maybe he doesnt want too!
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

MMO = monthly charges

whatisazerg

Well good MMOs at least LOL

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 spinecaton

[QUOTE="santoron"]

[QUOTE="spinecaton"]

-Pred-Alien-

Here did you get that info from?:?

It is just speculation since SE has mentioned bringing it to xbox 360.

As far the topic of xbox live gold vs subscription for MMO that everyone seems to be confused about let me try and clear it up.

All MMOs, besides I think Phantasy Star, has their information stored server side not client side meaning you can jump on any computer and load up WoW and as long as you log into your account you can pull up your information. So say that someone happens to have xbox live gold and buy Champions and well they get $5 off because they have gold. However you decide you never want to play on your xbox but only PC, how would that work? Would you still get a deal off or would you pay the PC cost? If you still get the deal off, how do you think the PC only people would feel? Easy way is to just think about one payment scheme and allow silver users to use it.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nerkcon

[QUOTE="whatisazerg"]

MMO = monthly charges

jasonharris48

Free MMOs have monthly charges too. Oh, did you thought you only needed to buy the pwoer ups from the Item Mall only once? :lol: No, they 'expire' every month, some MMOs make it 15 days.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#41 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts

[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"][QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

gago-gago

Yeah I think some people think that the Xbox LIVE Gold subscription fee pays for everything. Shoot, I wish it pays for the car insurance, rent, school classes and books, cell phone bill, cable, utilities, health insurance and so on too lol.

Me too. :(

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="whatisazerg"]

MMO = monthly charges

Nerkcon

Free MMOs have monthly charges too. Oh, did you thought you only needed to buy the pwoer ups from the Item Mall only once? :lol: No, they 'expire' every month, some MMOs make it 15 days.

I woudn't know about free MMOs I don't paly them, they don't interst me. As for MMO's as a whole I only got into FFXI and I look forward to Star Wars: TOR and Final Fantasy XIV