CDPR releases video regarding CP2077. Apologizes and says are committed to fixing the game.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Video in case the quote is TL:DR.

FAQ

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we've underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A: We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A: Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A: We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A: We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A: For those who are playing the game on next-gen consoles via backwards compatibility, we are planning the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series consoles, and PlayStation 5, this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A: The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: When is the game coming back to PlayStation Store?

A: We are working on fixes and updates, and are working with Sony to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A: The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JasonOfA36

I dunno how to add text after the quote.

At least the higher ups are owning to the mistakes that happened and are actually shielding the dev team. At least that's commendable.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I feel like i helped kickstart this game and were just in early access right now

I'm still waiting till its finished to start it up

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44156 Posts

Well they most definitely screwed the pooch with this game and it’s marketing that’s for sure. Anyway I just hope that they ultimately make it a good game. Depending on how it all turns out I wouldn’t mind picking it up for the Xbox Series X.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JasonOfA36

@Archangel3371 said:

Well they most definitely screwed the pooch with this game and it’s marketing that’s for sure. Anyway I just hope that they ultimately make it a good game. Depending on how it all turns out I wouldn’t mind picking it up for the Xbox Series X.

It's really rushed. Although I've been enjoying the game, there's this feeling that the released version is not the vision the devs and Mike Pondsmith wanted it to be. It has the foundations to be a good, or even an outstanding game... just released too early.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44156 Posts

@jasonofa36: Yeah it certainly looks that way. I think that CDPR is a pretty talented developer so I think that given the time they could probably bring this game around.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@ProtossRushX: Pretty much. Got about 10hrs and dropped it. Will pick it up again in late 2021 when it’s fully functional.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

something about a barn, an open door and a horse no longer there

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Insert beating a dead horse gif here.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

The last few days were so calm without the CP2077 talk. But here we're, back at this shitshow. Will get it in Fall, when its officially released.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JasonOfA36

@hardwenzen said:

The last few days were so calm without the CP2077 talk. But here we're, back at this shitshow. Will get it in Fall, when its officially released.

We already paid for the Kickstarter campaign + Early Access. Should be good for you guys who are waiting.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Sounds good. Will be interesting to see the improvements through fresh eyes on my second playthrough

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58942 Posts

Must suck, pouring all those hundreds of thousands of hours of work into a game for years on end to have this as the outcome.

Not an excuse, obviously. But that shits gotta burn.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Hope they fix the god awful AI.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Really enjoyed the early access version. Can't wait for Cyberpunk to release version 1.0 in 2022.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Luckily CDPR is great at sales. Cannot wait for the GoTY/Definitive edition on sale for $10 like how I much paid for The Witcher 3 GoTY.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Sigh. These people are still lying to the public.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

mo need to apologise to me cdpr,works and looks great on my last gen one x

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Nice bullshit.

"Myself and the board are the final decision-makers, and it was our call to release the game. Although, believe me, we never ever intended for anything like this to happen. I assure you that we will do our best to regain your trust."

To regain trust, you can try to not release a game you know is broken in order to earn lots of money, and not give us a bullshit apology a month after release. "Never intended". Shut the **** up. You knew the game was completely broken and decided to sell it anyway for profit. You intended for gamers to not care that the game is broken?

Took them a month to squeeze this "apology" out. That much thinking ahead what to say, and it's just bullshit anyway. More respect has now been lost for this company.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

The game suck. End of discussion.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

@Litchie said:

You intended for gamers to not care that the game is broken?

I will refer to the comment above yours.

Plus the game being broken is not even the worst thing about it, that title goes to it not even being the game that they have been promising since the 2018 demo.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#23 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Why is he trying to hide behind the PC version when that's still in beta too?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts
  • CDPR Onwer: I didn't know that it was unplayable on consoles and PC.
  • Also CDPR Owner: Don't let them use in-game footage and only give the PC demos.

BS! There are times I can forgive a developer but this one really is pushing it. Hard to take anything they say seriously really. They knew what they were doing releasing those versions and now, they are paying the price.

By the way, Angry Joe comment on this but Alex really speaking facts. Another reason why I like Alex on the show, he doesn't hold back: (11:55 Alex thoughts)

Loading Video...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts

Even if they fix glitches and performance the game will still be bad, people need to realize without a complete overhaul will still be a waste of time.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

cry me a river ... the fans.

you supported pretty much every bad thing in gaming . the only thing we ever agree and voted to stop was online passes(for used games)

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

Dude looks defeated.

Glad he waited a month for most of the sales and refunds to be processed.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@lamprey263: I don't agree. No game is for everyone but I've loved my time with it despite the bugs. Fix those and add some new content and it's a great title in my opinion

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Apologize for what? Releasing a masterpiece that makes 95% of other games look like trash by comparison? Or apologize to people playing on 7 year old consoles complaining that the game doesn't look or run as good as it does on modern hardware?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Apologize for what? Releasing a masterpiece that makes 95% of other games look like trash by comparison? Or apologize to people playing on 7 year old consoles complaining that the game doesn't look or run as good as it does on modern hardware?

The game is glitched as shit on PC, and I still love it... Still f*cking glitched.

With CB2077 backlash, Bethesda needs to be dragged through the streets.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

Cool, when they fix it, I will buy it.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 vl4d_l3nin

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

lol didn't watch? Next gen consoles aren't getting their proper update until later this year. PS5 and XSX/XSS are still running the older gen code, just upscaled with unlocked framerate.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

One has to take into account that this is grown up world, they have some litigations pending above their heads and for sure their legal department had a part in the writing of this apology.

They said what needed to be said. That this was a bad board decision, that there was bad project management and they were a bit more clear towards their roadmap. Honestly kind of a pointless video, but it was also a way to delay the free DLC and next gen update without too much negativity.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts

I haven't been following that closely but it boggles my mind that a game can release in this state after, what, five years of development? I want to know what caused the issue here and even COVID does not seem like an adequate explanation.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JasonOfA36

@espoac said:

I haven't been following that closely but it boggles my mind that a game can release in this state after, what, five years of development? I want to know what caused the issue here and even COVID does not seem like an adequate explanation.

Money.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Whatever, I'm having fun with it on PC, and I look forward to replaying the free "enhanced edition" in a year or two!

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

I really like the feel of game aio far but in going to wait for the second patch in February and start over.

I've just made it a couple of hours in and the bugs, while not game breaking, really take you out of the immersion.

I made it to the bar to meet Mama Welles and she t-posed her way out of the bar and disappeared. I gave up after that

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@st_monica: Actually that is in the realm of possibility, i've had glitches in games where i've spoken to friends about and they haven't experienced it but have experienced others.

And there is some we both experienced mixed in with others only i or a friend experienced.

Now before you or anyone else may say im a CD fan, well i was calling it Cyberflunk from the stat of last year and never had any intentions of buying it in the first place.

All im saying is that it is posdible for them to have not seen some of the issues.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#39 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

A roadmap for fixes.... JFC.

Roadmaps for games make me cringe so much. They could have avoided all of this if they delayed the game until it was actually ready.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@st_monica: Actually that is in the realm of possibility, i've had glitches in games where i've spoken to friends about and they haven't experienced it but have experienced others.

[...]

All im saying is that it is possible for them to have not seen some of the issues.

Dude, if you talk about possibilities, it has endless possibilities. Of course, when they did the QA testing on their PS4 and Xbox One, it's possible that there was a sci-fi parallel universe that somehow the game worked perfectly without glitches like your "friends." But, in common sense, it's unacceptable.

I believe the developers, not executives, made every effort to improve the quality of the game, but those at the top who made the wrong decision to launch the incomplete game and still make dishonest excuses should be criticized.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56092 Posts

Gabe Newell gave some sympathy towards CDPR and its developers:

Cyberpunk 2077 had one of the most commercially successful launches of all-time for an RPG back in December, but the game's last-gen edition was marred with issues that prompted class-action lawsuits. Valve founder Gabe Newell has now shared his thoughts on the situation, telling New Zealand's TVNZ that he has a lot of sympathy for the developers at CD Projekt Red, adding that he believes the Polish studio will do what it can to make things right as time goes on.

"I have a lot of sympathy with a situation that every game developer finds themselves in," he said. "All I know is that there are a lot of very happy gamers in the PC space, which are the ones that are most visible to us."

Newell said there are parts of Cyberpunk 2077 that are "just brilliant," and this demonstrates that the developers put in a "tremendous amount of work" to get the game out the door.

"It's unfair to throw stones at any other developer, because just getting something as complex and ambitious as that out the door is pretty amazing," he said.

Newell also reacted to Sony's decision to pull Cyberpunk 2077 from its digital store on PS4 and offer refunds. He said he had no inside knowledge of the situation, but he remarked that it was an "unusual" approach for Sony to do that.

Reflecting on controversy surrounding games in general, Newell said a strong reaction demonstrates that people care and it provides an opportunity for a developer to turn a negative into a positive.

"People get mad because they care," Newell said. "When people have those kinds of reactions, my first thought is that this is an opportunity for us, and I assume that the Cyberpunk 2077 developers are similarly just using it to crank through an make improvements that are going to be beneficial to their customers. They have a long history of doing a great job, of continuing to invest in their products over time and I suspect that they're going to be very good at making their customers happy over time."

In the world of games, expectations are high--and this can lead to fiery responses when things don't go to plan, Newell said.

"Everybody knows that if you're in this business, expectations are high, and if you do it well people are going to let you know and if you failed to meet those expectations they're are going to let you know--that's part of why it's a fun industry," Newell said.

CD Projekt Red is facing multiple class-action lawsuits over Cyberpunk 2077, but whether or not they go anywhere remains to be seen. The studio has said it will defend itself, as it has already done in responding to a Bloomberg story about the game's reportedly tumultuous development.

Cyberpunk 2077 sold 13 million copies right at launch to become one of the fastest-selling RPGs in history; and the game was profitable from day one.

As for Valve, Newell also recently confirmed that the studio is indeed working on more games following the successful release of Half Life: Alyx in 2020.

Article link: Gabe Newell's thoughts on CP2077

I agree the developers are not at fault here. They did put a lot of time and effort into the game. Its management that ruined it. Sent it out too soon and their false videos and disinformation is gonna cost them. As for the game itself, is it wrong to enjoy CP2077 now? I been having fun since day one on the PC despite I ran into some glitches. Still playing on Corpo path and looking to do a second playthrough with Street Kid after CDPR irons out the biggest issues. With all of that said, some I can forgive but stuff like hiding last-gen consoles footage from reviewers just tells you something you already know that was wrong and a price must be paid for...in the court.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

I don't think they can fix the game for me. There are so many flaws that they would need to redo the entire thing

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 vl4d_l3nin

Well, patch 1.1 is out and my game is still softlocked 20 hours in with the No-Talk-Takemura glitch. Reloading old saves does nothing. May as well uninstall at this point.

I thought I wouldn't care if something like this happened since I got this game for half price, but I'm still pissed. For anyone on the fence with these recent price drops, don't do it.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@Fairmonkey said:

I don't think they can fix the game for me. There are so many flaws that they would need to redo the entire thing

Well it's up to the community now to fix it. Sorry console gamers, I really am.

@vl4d_l3nin said:

Well, patch 1.1 is out and my game is still softlocked 20 hours in with the No-Talk-Takemura glitch. Reloading old saves does nothing. May as well uninstall at this point.

I thought I wouldn't care if something like this happened since I got this game for half price, but I'm still pissed. For anyone on the fence with these recent price drops, don't do it.

That's a bummer. I was really hoping the 1.1 patch would fix a lot of the bugs, glitches, and performance. I am still going to give it a spin (now, actually) and see for myself.

Anyone else have good or bad experiences after the new patch?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@davillain-: Gabe Newell, the voice of reason as always. Telling us what we need to hear, even if it might not be what we want to hear.

OK, now I wait for people to call me a Valve fanboy or apologists or something...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I gotta say, i am tired of hearing things about this game. Its a complete mess, but not a funny mess like what Bethesda gave us with F76.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

They willfully deceived their fans and consumerbase. The same story everytime with this industry.

Watch them get goodboi points for fixing their shit.

Thx for the witcher games. Shame suits took over.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#48 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58942 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

They willfully deceived their fans and consumerbase. The same story everytime with this industry.

Watch them get goodboi points for fixing their shit.

Thx for the witcher games. Shame suits took over.

To be fair this isn't new. Their original Witcher launch was a shambles. Re-released it as "Enhanced Edition", and while it had added content, alot of it was oodles of patches and QOL fixes.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

@uninspiredcup: And I'll excuse that for being their first game. Cyberpunk smells bad on all fronts. But whatever, will be forgotten soon.