CD Project Red - overrated, underrated, or just right?

  • 55 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
Posted by SolidGame_basic (23836 posts) 2 months, 13 days ago

Poll: CD Project Red - overrated, underrated, or just right? (62 votes)

Overrated 23%
Underrated 21%
Just Right 56%

I respect them as a company, I think they make high quality games. I also admire their passion for games, and the fact that they give so much content and put so much detail into them. But if I were to go by the hype alone, I would say they are overrated. I played Witcher 3 GOTY this past year, and the combat was just not satisfying for me. I think the series is more known for the story, writing, and characters, than the actual gameplay. And it also helped that it's based on a popular book. I think if Cyberpunk is a success, than we can talk about them being the premiere RPG maker. But for now, all they've down is Witcher, and so I'll hold my judgement.

What about you, SW? Is CD Project Red overrated, underrated, or just right?

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#1 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25203 posts) -

Just right for a developer who's finally reaping the rewards of success.

Avatar image for XVision84
#2 Posted by XVision84 (15311 posts) -

Just right. They released the best dlc in terms of value and arguably quality that I've seen in a long time. The size, detail and quality of writing and quests made previous RPG's (like Skyrim) look like child's play. They continue to be a positive force on the gaming industry and maintain good standing with their fans. These guys can't get enough support.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
#3 Posted by PC_Rocks (1793 posts) -

INB4 all the cows rush in here to call it overrated.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#4 Edited by uninspiredcup (31405 posts) -

Pro consumer, well deserved. There GOG service in particular. They give more of a shit about quality control than Valve, by a mile.

Games? Overrated for sure. Remember that out of place stealth section in the Witcher 2? Or how you are suppose to meditated and somehow predict what you will fight? Or how you opened up The Wicher 3, which touted itself as a PC game, only to have barely operating controls on a mess of a combat system as Gerald Of Riverdale skies all over the dam place?

The dungeon and combat areas weren't particularly great either. Using "magical ring combat zone" always wreaks of uninspired. With dungeons a simple A to B comparable to something like Oblivion or Skyrim. Your average BOTW shrine (of hundreds) shits on them.

Your swords don't break.

Avatar image for henrythefifth
#5 Posted by henrythefifth (2139 posts) -

Their most popular franchise is based on a book series. So they just copied the cool character to their mediocre RPGs. That's hardly an achievement.

Only genuinely good game from them is Witcher 2, well, the first half of that game anyways. It totally went flop towards the end, tho...

W3 is just generic fantasy we have seen million times in wrpgs.

So, very much overrated bunch. Give me Gothic any day.

Avatar image for davillain-
#6 Posted by DaVillain- (34924 posts) -

Just right is what I like about CDPR.

Avatar image for howmakewood
#7 Edited by Howmakewood (5694 posts) -

Like the company, but the games arent as good as some make them out to be. The world in witcher 3 is obviously well made, but the open world doesnt really serve much purpose and the combat is meh

Avatar image for storm_of_swords
#8 Edited by storm_of_swords (2655 posts) -

Until they at least learn how to program some decent combat and movement controls in their games then their games are not deserving of all of the perfect scores that they get. Overrated.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
#9 Posted by Random_Matt (3776 posts) -

I'm sorry, did someone just mention the copy and paste shrine jobby from BOTW.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#10 Edited by Ghosts4ever (9107 posts) -

Highly overrated. a developers who cant make a gameplay good and focus more on unnecessary sex scenes, nudity etc are not a good developers.

They released 3 games so far.

First Witcher was complete trash. almost mass effect and dragon age quality of bad. second game is ok for lore and universe but have bad combat. third game is open world action game with bad gameplay plus control regarded as greatest of all time. terrible game.

now cyberpunk which hype as greatest thing since slice bread yet when i watched the footage and i was like thats it? that was what journalist was hyping?

@pc_rocks said:

INB4 all the cows rush in here to call it overrated.

Im a hardcore PC gamer and i think they are overrated. only good thing about them are they are consumer friendly and dont use some stupid DRMs. otherwise thier games suck.

Avatar image for The_Stand_In
#11 Posted by The_Stand_In (1024 posts) -

Overrated.

I like them, I do. Especially for GOG and all that. But as a game developer, they have really only made 2 good games- The Witcher 2 (which was okay, but not amazing) and the Witcher 3. So, what, they have made one exceptional game ever (with very good DLC) and are hailed by many as the best developer out there? Ehhhh... I don't think so.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#12 Edited by Jacanuk (17865 posts) -

Are you talking CDPR GOG or are you talking CDPR the game studio?

IF you are talking about GOG, then CDPR´s cult status is highly overexaggerated, DRM is not the bad guy and considering that GOG after a lot of years still has not managed to make a dent into Steam´s dominance it certainly does not warrant any major cult status.

If we talk the game studio, So far they have done 3 games, and no studio should receive the status some people give them, they are a mediocre indie studio who so far has managed to make 1 ok decent game and 2 who is in sales terms is a flop.

Avatar image for splintah
#13 Posted by Splintah (32 posts) -

@The_Stand_In: I've said it before and I will say it again, if they only had the witcher 3 on their resume they are still one of the best devs to ever grace god's green earth

Avatar image for pyro1245
#14 Posted by pyro1245 (4682 posts) -

Just right.

GOG is by far the best place to buy a PC game.

Kudos for bringing polish lore into the main stream.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#15 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9107 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:

Are you talking CDPR GOG or are you talking CDPR the game studio?

IF you are talking about GOG, then CDPR´s cult status is highly overexaggerated, DRM is not the bad guy and considering that GOG after a lot of years still has not managed to make a dent into Steam´s dominance it certainly does not warrant any major cult status.

If we talk the game studio, So far they have done 3 games, and no studio should receive the status some people give them, they are a mediocre indie studio who so far has managed to make 1 ok decent game and 2 who is in sales terms is a flop.

I have never seen a company that praise so high yet they only released 3 game in one franchise. 2 of them are games no one cares or talk about and 3rd game become most overrated game of this gen.

4A games are also doing almost same as the company only made 2 games so far and both were excellent and third game is getting non linear and looking best in series yet they are still underappreciated.

Avatar image for Planeforger
#16 Posted by Planeforger (17953 posts) -

I'm going to call them underrated, since everyone seems to shit on them for making 5 excellent games.

The first Witcher game was revolutionary. It came out in the same year as Mass Effect, and it was leaps and bounds ahead in terms of writing, quest design, role-playing, world-building, etc. It offered meaningful, difficult, morally grey role-playing choices, at a time when many RPGs had adopted the Bioware model of "are you playing the blue character or the red character?", or the Bethesda model of "are you playing a character?".

The only thing similar to it previously was Deus Ex, and The Witcher had a much more engaging storyline than that game.

The Witcher 2 then pushed the boundaries of branching narrative design. It also featured what was, at the time, some of the best WRPG swordfighting combat.

The Witcher 3 then surpassed that with better gameplay, better writing, better production values, and a significantly larger scope. CDPR proved that you could make an open-world game on the scale of Skyrim (or whatever), but still fill it with all of the writing and engaging content of a top-tier linear RPG. It put most open-world RPG developers to shame, and while the role-playing was a bit of a step down from the first two games, it's still a masterpiece that it easily one of the best WRPGs ever made.

Then there is Gwent, which is a very fun online card game, and Thronebreaker, which was one of my favourite indie-scale games of last year (and featured excellent, difficult role-playing choices throughout).

I wouldn't say that they are the best developers ever, nor that there's no room for improvement, but they absolutely deserve all of the praise they've been receiving over the past 10 years.

So yes, they're quite underrated, judging from the other responses in this thread.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#17 Posted by Jacanuk (17865 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:

Are you talking CDPR GOG or are you talking CDPR the game studio?

IF you are talking about GOG, then CDPR´s cult status is highly overexaggerated, DRM is not the bad guy and considering that GOG after a lot of years still has not managed to make a dent into Steam´s dominance it certainly does not warrant any major cult status.

If we talk the game studio, So far they have done 3 games, and no studio should receive the status some people give them, they are a mediocre indie studio who so far has managed to make 1 ok decent game and 2 who is in sales terms is a flop.

I have never seen a company that praise so high yet they only released 3 game in one franchise. 2 of them are games no one cares or talk about and 3rd game become most overrated game of this gen.

4A games are also doing almost same as the company only made 2 games so far and both were excellent and third game is getting non linear and looking best in series yet they are still underappreciated.

Neither have I, no studio is praised the same by simply making 3 games where only one became an ok sales hit. Well except SGI and STar Citizen who have not even released 1 game yet.

But I think the reason behinds CDPR´s cult status is solely because of GOG, the critics who praise Witcher 3 is using it as a proxy for GOG

Witcher 3 was an ok game but it was always just a cheaper made Skyrim who happen to have an actual book to use as it´s a backdrop.

Avatar image for splintah
#18 Posted by Splintah (32 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Jacanuk said:

Are you talking CDPR GOG or are you talking CDPR the game studio?

IF you are talking about GOG, then CDPR´s cult status is highly overexaggerated, DRM is not the bad guy and considering that GOG after a lot of years still has not managed to make a dent into Steam´s dominance it certainly does not warrant any major cult status.

If we talk the game studio, So far they have done 3 games, and no studio should receive the status some people give them, they are a mediocre indie studio who so far has managed to make 1 ok decent game and 2 who is in sales terms is a flop.

I have never seen a company that praise so high yet they only released 3 game in one franchise. 2 of them are games no one cares or talk about and 3rd game become most overrated game of this gen.

4A games are also doing almost same as the company only made 2 games so far and both were excellent and third game is getting non linear and looking best in series yet they are still underappreciated.

Neither have I, no studio is praised the same by simply making 3 games where only one became an ok sales hit. Well except SGI and STar Citizen who have not even released 1 game yet.

But I think the reason behinds CDPR´s cult status is solely because of GOG, the critics who praise Witcher 3 is using it as a proxy for GOG

Witcher 3 was an ok game but it was always just a cheaper made Skyrim who happen to have an actual book to use as it´s a backdrop.

I enjoyed skyrim but it is not even close to witcher 3 in quality

Avatar image for splintah
#19 Posted by Splintah (32 posts) -

skyrim is for mods silly rabbit

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#20 Posted by Jacanuk (17865 posts) -

@splintah said:

I enjoyed skyrim but it is not even close to witcher 3 in quality

By Quality. I assume you mean story, and you are correct but that story is not created by CDPR, it´s a book the licensed.

As to gameplay mechanics and graphics, then Skyrim is far better in every way and the mod-ability makes it a game people play even today.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#21 Edited by robert_sparkes (2561 posts) -

SKyrim is excellent the remastered edition with the mods makes it worth playing over and over. Still have the witcher 3 in my backlog looking forward to diving into it. Heard good things about cd projekt red.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#22 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9107 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@splintah said:

I enjoyed skyrim but it is not even close to witcher 3 in quality

By Quality. I assume you mean story, and you are correct but that story is not created by CDPR, it´s a book the licensed.

As to gameplay mechanics and graphics, then Skyrim is far better in every way and the mod-ability makes it a game people play even today.

and now cyberpunk which is not based on book but a board game. its story is being created by CDPR and looking terrible. trying too hard to be edgy.

Deus Ex 1 did this 20 years ago and better.

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#23 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (25203 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

Neither have I, no studio is praised the same by simply making 3 games where only one became an ok sales hit. Well except SGI and STar Citizen who have not even released 1 game yet.

But I think the reason behinds CDPR´s cult status is solely because of GOG, the critics who praise Witcher 3 is using it as a proxy for GOG

Witcher 3 was an ok game but it was always just a cheaper made Skyrim who happen to have an actual book to use as it´s a backdrop.

Why use GoG as an excuse? It wasn't even a factor during the first few months of TW3's release because the game wasn't on GoG yet. I know because I have the Steam version and I always rag on Steam. But, that was the only way I can get TW3 on PC at the time.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#24 Posted by Jacanuk (17865 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Jacanuk said:

Neither have I, no studio is praised the same by simply making 3 games where only one became an ok sales hit. Well except SGI and STar Citizen who have not even released 1 game yet.

But I think the reason behinds CDPR´s cult status is solely because of GOG, the critics who praise Witcher 3 is using it as a proxy for GOG

Witcher 3 was an ok game but it was always just a cheaper made Skyrim who happen to have an actual book to use as it´s a backdrop.

Why use GoG as an excuse? It wasn't even a factor during the first few months of TW3's release because the game wasn't on GoG yet. I know because I have the Steam version and I always rag on Steam. But, that was the only way I can get TW3 on PC at the time.

Not sure where you got yours, but for the first bit, Witcher 3 came with GOG codes, not actual Steam codes.

Also according to the numbers close to 700k had by June 2015 activated their game on GOG.

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#25 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (25203 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

Not sure where you got yours, but for the first bit, Witcher 3 came with GOG codes, not actual Steam codes.

Also according to the numbers close to 700k had by June 2015 activated their game on GOG.

When I first looked at the GoG site, I couldn't find TW3. So, I went ahead and downloaded the Steam version.

Now, I remember being pissed because shortly after, my nephew got the game from GoG. I'm puzzled myself. Perhaps, GoG had temporarily run out of codes during the initial rush.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
#26 Posted by Jacanuk (17865 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@Jacanuk said:

Not sure where you got yours, but for the first bit, Witcher 3 came with GOG codes, not actual Steam codes.

Also according to the numbers close to 700k had by June 2015 activated their game on GOG.

When I first looked at the GoG site, I couldn't find TW3. So, I went ahead and downloaded the Steam version.

Now, I remember being pissed because shortly after, my nephew got the game from GoG. I'm puzzled myself. Perhaps, GoG had temporarily run out of codes during the initial rush.

Ahh, ya that would explain it, GOG sold almost a million copies within the first month according to their own data.

It´s funny though, I was pissed I had to use GOG instead of Steam for my copy, too bad we were not on GameSpot and knew about it, we could have swapped codes.

Avatar image for splintah
#27 Posted by Splintah (32 posts) -

@ghosts4ever : I love Deus Ex, I have played that series for the last 20 years but cyberpunk is going to take deus ex to the next level

Avatar image for Jag85
#28 Posted by Jag85 (13099 posts) -

Overrated, generally... except for TW2, which is underrated.

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
#29 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10413 posts) -

TW3 is vastly overrated since the combat is shit compared to other RPGs, but they still put out great stuff. I hope they can finally nail it down/

Avatar image for Pedro
#30 Posted by Pedro (33339 posts) -

Grotesquely overrated. The praise the Witcher 3 gets is simply undeserved. It doesn't make it bad game but it gets credit for shit it didn't excel in especially the mediocre gameplay. Remember mediocre is not equal to bad.

Avatar image for storm_of_swords
#31 Edited by storm_of_swords (2655 posts) -

@splintah said:

I enjoyed skyrim but it is not even close to witcher 3 in quality

In terms of actual gameplay, Skyrim is far better. The only things that The Witcher 3 has over Skyrim is better graphics and a better story. The better graphics are a result of being a more recent game on more powerful hardware and the story is just adapted from a book so CDPR can't take much credit for that.

Avatar image for lundy86_4
#32 Edited by lundy86_4 (51999 posts) -

@storm_of_swords said:

...the story is just adapted from a book so CDPR can't take much credit for that.

The game stories are based after the books, and only utilize the characters and world/environment. Whilst they do utilize this world and many established characters, CDProjekt creates their own story.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
#33 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14886 posts) -

One of the best developers out there. Deserve all the respect and success.

Avatar image for Yams1980
#34 Posted by Yams1980 (3281 posts) -

The quality of their games improve each time.

Same can't be said about other developers like EA/Ubisoft/WB Games/Activision, which don't care about quality and toss out a game as fast as possible to make shareholders happy.

I hope they don't lose what made them special and decide to add microtransactions and drm to their games eventually.

The GOG site alone makes them important. Preserving old games and making them playable is important work.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#35 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18394 posts) -

Just right I think... one of the best devs around who are pro-consumer.

Avatar image for Litchie
#36 Edited by Litchie (23271 posts) -

I really like the dev, but don't care much for their games. Since lots of people call Witcher 3 the best game ever, I'd say they're probably overrated game wise. First Witcher was both good and bad. Never finished it. Second game I didn't like at all. Never bothered with the third. Looks good and bad, kinda like the first one.

And I just don't care for Geralt at all.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#37 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9107 posts) -

@Litchie said:

I really like the dev, but don't care much for their games. Since lots of people call Witcher 3 the best game ever, I'd say they're probably overrated game wise. First Witcher was both good and bad. Never finished it. Second game I didn't like at all. Never bothered with the third. Looks good and bad, kinda like the first one.

And I just don't care for Geralt at all.

people will also called cyberpunk as best game ever when it looks like wierd mix of GTA and deus ex with horrible gameplay mechanics.

Avatar image for Litchie
#38 Posted by Litchie (23271 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

I really like the dev, but don't care much for their games. Since lots of people call Witcher 3 the best game ever, I'd say they're probably overrated game wise. First Witcher was both good and bad. Never finished it. Second game I didn't like at all. Never bothered with the third. Looks good and bad, kinda like the first one.

And I just don't care for Geralt at all.

people will also called cyberpunk as best game ever when it looks like wierd mix of GTA and deus ex with horrible gameplay mechanics.

With Cyberpunk, I think people hype its' scale and setting rather than what we've seen from it. What we saw looked pretty bad. Almost like an online game like The Division or something. But I'm still interested and I'll wait for more to be shown before writing it off.

Avatar image for Jag85
#39 Posted by Jag85 (13099 posts) -

The cyberpunk setting of Cyberpunk 2077 at least looks more interesting than the generic medieval fantasy setting of Witcher.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#40 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9107 posts) -

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:

I really like the dev, but don't care much for their games. Since lots of people call Witcher 3 the best game ever, I'd say they're probably overrated game wise. First Witcher was both good and bad. Never finished it. Second game I didn't like at all. Never bothered with the third. Looks good and bad, kinda like the first one.

And I just don't care for Geralt at all.

people will also called cyberpunk as best game ever when it looks like wierd mix of GTA and deus ex with horrible gameplay mechanics.

With Cyberpunk, I think people hype its' scale and setting rather than what we've seen from it. What we saw looked pretty bad. Almost like an online game like The Division or something. But I'm still interested and I'll wait for more to be shown before writing it off.

it looks like borderlands. in 2011 deus ex human revolution impressed me alot while this game make me feel like i have seen this before.

plus CDPR cant make a game without too much of nudity and sex scene. even rockstar are not this bad in this. but CDPR i dont know why.

Avatar image for DragonfireXZ95
#41 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25049 posts) -
@HoolaHoopMan said:

TW3 is vastly overrated since the combat is shit compared to other RPGs, but they still put out great stuff. I hope they can finally nail it down/

Name one besides the Dark Souls series.

Avatar image for PernicioEnigma
#42 Posted by PernicioEnigma (6028 posts) -

I think the praise is well deserved. It's pretty damn impressive how their ambitions have increased with each release in the Witcher series, and their DLCs/expansions for TW3 have been really good and not just lazy cash grabs. They also seem to be a genuinely pro-consumer company.

I'm pretty excited for Cyberpunk, though when it comes to open world detail and polish, Rockstar set the standards pretty damn high with RDR2, and I'm not sure CDPR will quite match that. I just hope the RPG elements are deep and interesting and the combat is improved over what they've done previously in the Witcher series, which I always found to be lacking in that regard.

Avatar image for ironbrigador
#43 Edited by IronBrigador (108 posts) -

One of the greats, definitely ranks as a legendary developer.

Of course, not without its faults. But thus far they have been doing things very very right.

Most importantly, they have earned the good will and trust of gamers. In an atmosphere where some major pubs/ devs, studios and mainstream gaming "journalists (LOL)" show some disdain and in worst cases, outright contempt for the ones that keeps their jobs alive, CDPR has actually shown respect for its fans and consumers.

Avatar image for djoffer
#44 Edited by djoffer (1091 posts) -

Think all the praise they get is well deserved, definitely one of the best devs out there! Being very pro consumer doesn’t hurt their case either!

Also find I pretty laughable that people moan about the combat, which were decent imo, and then claim superiority for Skyrim due to that... Skyrim has shit combat!

Also they only used the settings from the books, all the stories and quest are their own creations!

Avatar image for xantufrog
#45 Posted by xantufrog (10818 posts) -

I would say "about right". TW2 is pretty overrated, IMO - Geralt's tanklike movement was clearly better suited for a controller, when it shouldn't have been. And although the story was nicely branching, each zone felt very linear and claustrophobic at times to accomplish this and it fell apart towards the end.

TW1 Enhanced is actually probably my favorite - what a wonderfully gritty world. And TW3 improves on a lot of TW2's problems immensely

As a developer and paired with GoG, they are also clearly the most consumer friendly

Avatar image for HoolaHoopMan
#46 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (10413 posts) -

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

TW3 is vastly overrated since the combat is shit compared to other RPGs, but they still put out great stuff. I hope they can finally nail it down/

Name one besides the Dark Souls series.

Great, so I have to exclude 3 games plus Bloodborne to help it's case. Why stop at RPGs though? If we're talking 3rd person games, movement and actions should apply. Nioh and GOW could easily be compared and they do gameplay better. The Witcher can do better and I think it's the limiting portion of the game, which sucks since the rest is great.

Avatar image for adamosmaki
#47 Posted by adamosmaki (10701 posts) -
@xantufrog said:

I would say "about right". TW2 is pretty overrated, IMO - Geralt's tanklike movement was clearly better suited for a controller, when it shouldn't have been. And although the story was nicely branching, each zone felt very linear and claustrophobic at times to accomplish this and it fell apart towards the end.

TW1 Enhanced is actually probably my favorite - what a wonderfully gritty world. And TW3 improves on a lot of TW2's problems immensely

As a developer and paired with GoG, they are also clearly the most consumer friendly

I wouldnt call witcher 2 overrated but i do agree is the weakest of the series. Witcher 1 had a better story it was less linear and the ending was great. Witcher 3 improved on the witcher 2 vastly and is my favorite

Avatar image for xantufrog
#48 Posted by xantufrog (10818 posts) -

@adamosmaki: oh yeah, I didn't mean to imply 2 is bad. Just that a lot of people talk about it like it's the 2nd coming of RPGs, but I actually think it does a lot of things imperfectly even when compared to the other entries in its own series

Avatar image for cainetao11
#49 Edited by cainetao11 (36341 posts) -

By who?

I know I don’t rate them wrong for my tastes.

Avatar image for Lucianu
#50 Posted by Lucianu (10325 posts) -
@HoolaHoopMan said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@HoolaHoopMan said:

TW3 is vastly overrated since the combat is shit compared to other RPGs, but they still put out great stuff. I hope they can finally nail it down/

Name one besides the Dark Souls series.

Great, so I have to exclude 3 games plus Bloodborne to help it's case. Why stop at RPGs though? If we're talking 3rd person games, movement and actions should apply. Nioh and GOW could easily be compared and they do gameplay better. The Witcher can do better and I think it's the limiting portion of the game, which sucks since the rest is great.

We're talking about 3rd person games? Everything has shit gameplay compared to the gameplay of Devil May Cry 4. Bloodborne is already a janky piece of shit that desperately needs a port to alleviate its horrendous frame pacing, but compared to something like DMC4.. well. Damn.

The original Dark Souls has aged like shit and is slow as molasses; That game does not have good anything in 2019, especially not wen Dark Souls 3 exists and is infinitely better. If you're calling TW3's combat "shit", then literally everything in the genre is shit except 5 games. Nice God damn expectations you got there. So with the acknowledgement that i am pulling a statistic out of my ass - i'll presume based on your post that 95% of the RPG genre has shit combat (f.uck, i can already imagine what you'd think of Gothic), and the rest is God damn amazing. It's either win or bust.

Listen, it's not like i'm trying to not respect your opinion, but every time someones drives by in a thread with a silly non-meaningful exaggeration i can't help but take a friendly stab, haha.

So what didn't stick with you regarding the combat aspect of The Witcher 3 anyway?